ObscureSkillz
Chippunk

: May 2005
: Oddworld
: 23
ObscureSkillz  (10)
Right to this board

:
I got an idea of how to stop this evil, simply contact everyone you know, everyone you don't know, and the president about this and give 'em your thoughts, link to this page, and tell to stick thier Fritz-chip where the sun don't shine -- the bottom of the ocean.
Please put up a somewhere on the fourms. If you don't there may not be a fourm. Thank you!

Last edited by ObscureSkillz; 10-08-2005 at 08:15 PM..
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

What in the hell?

10-08-2005, 09:11 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Why should I have to put up a banner because of some software?

10-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

First of all, I advise that you do not fall for this stuff. The majority of the legislation required to enforced the "fritz chip" hasn't been passed or even filed, and never will be - even if it does, it will only affect the United States, as the rest of the world would most likely reject it. It would cause riots and other problems that would be entirely detrimental to the companies threatening to implement this. The fact is, it probably isn't going to happen - many companies are going to reject offers to make their software and hardware compatible with this crap, as are many customers and countries. The end scenario will either be microsoft and the United States as well as other big US based computer companies will be alienated from the rest of the world and end up doomed, everyone will get sued for monopoly but nobody will have the money to pay for the lawsuits due to huge drops in profit - or the whole thing will be dropped and nothing will happen. The latter being far more likely.

I mean SERIOUSLY - just how many people are going to agree to have what amounts to physical spyware forced on them? How many computer manufacturers are going to agree to use this shit and risk losing customers? In the end people will just stop using computers altogether, and alternative computer manufacturers and OS software developers will provide the public with what they REALLY want, which is freedom. It's survival of the fittest in business, and ultimately it's the businessman who is at the mercy of the public, not the other way around. Some companies and people like to make out that certain companies have power and control over the public, but the reality is that they don't, and they never will.

So quit fretting, we don't need some stupid paranoid logo on the site. It won't make any difference anyway.
10-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Are you saying this is real?

It's unbeleivable that any of those companies would ever think that this would fly. Also how vague and badly written is that website?

I suspect a prank, but I don't know enough to say for sure.

10-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

:
Are you saying this is real?

It's unbeleivable that any of those companies would ever think that this would fly. Also how vague and badly written is that website?

I suspect a prank, but I don't know enough to say for sure.
It's real to the extent that companies are looking into it. I believe they merely want to research potential - they probably have dozens of other wacky ideas being looked into.

But like you implied, this wouldn't fly, so it isn't worth getting worried about.