Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Non-Oddworld Gaming

05-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Software Bug
Formerly Tim Cottenham

: Jun 2004
: Groningen, Netherlands
: 1,068
Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)
[4th Quarter 2006] Call of Duty 3

Hello,

I just got flashed away when I saw the great news of the official announcement for Call of Duty 3!
I so enjoy Call of Duty 2 on my Xbox360 at this moment and can't wait for another version.

Pre-E3 2006: Call of Duty 3 Official
World Premiere! Activision confirms new sequel for next-gen consoles.

May 5, 2006 - With E3 headed our way just after the weekend, we knew we had to leave our readers with something promising while they wait for the big show. With that in mind, we've been granted permission from Activision to announce that Call of Duty 3 is headed to next-generation consoles this fall (that's 2006, folks). Here's the official line provided to us by Activision for the announcement:

"Through the eyes of four Allied soldiers, Call of Duty 3 brings players closer to the fury of combat as they fight through the Normandy Breakout, the harrowing offensive that liberated Paris and changed the fate of the world. Developed by Treyarch, Call of Duty 3 is the follow up to the #1 next-
generation game and is scheduled for a 2006 release."

So which systems does "next-generation" really mean? According to the end credits of the official trailer, logos for Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's machines have all been included -- which makes it obvious as to where the game is going.

Speaking of the trailer, Included below is the official E3 teaser that will appear at the show next week.

We'll be back with more at the show.

Sounds great doesnt it?
Here is the trailer link : http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/8...49/vids_1.html

Feel free to discuss this great game here!

- Tim

[THANKS TO IGN.COM and XBOXWORLD.NL for the news!!]

Throw around some Mudokons in my game Flying Mudokons!

Need images for your Oddworld fan project? Visit The Oddworld Vector Gallery!

05-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Oh yay, another game series that took a wrong turn and ended up on Milk Out Av.

I can understand why Call of Duty 2 was so spectacular, it had amazing graphics. But that was about the only reason.
Why would Call of Duty 3 be spectacular as well? It's made on the exact same engine... The only thing I hope is better in 3, is the gameplay. Damn that sucked in 2. I think I never saw a worse A.I.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

05-06-2006, 05:32 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

So far, just a pre-rendered video similar to CoD2's commercial spot. Not much to go on. Meh. Even if the single player is a flop, I might just have to buy it for the multiplayer. I'm a sucker for repetitive WWII single player campaigns, though. I'll probably give it a play-through.

As far as CoD2 goes, the AI was ridiculous in Veteran mode. I mean, I know it's supposed to be challenging, but if ALL of the enemies know where you are at ALL times, regardless of whether they've seen you or not, it kinda takes away from the realism. However, anything below Hardened and the AI was dumb as rocks.

Hardened was the perfect AI difficulty for CoD2.
05-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Software Bug
Formerly Tim Cottenham

:
As far as CoD2 goes, the AI was ridiculous in Veteran mode. I mean, I know it's supposed to be challenging, but if ALL of the enemies know where you are at ALL times, regardless of whether they've seen you or not, it kinda takes away from the realism. However, anything below Hardened and the AI was dumb as rocks.

Hardened was the perfect AI difficulty for CoD2.
Realy? I had the idea veteran was just easy , I played through in no-time on veteran.
And I dont thing the enemies know where you are at all times...

05-07-2006, 08:45 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong. I finished it. It's just seemed like every now and then a nazi would get a cheap shot on me whenever I was trying to be stealthy, even if he hadn't seen me.

I still thought Hardened was the most realistic difficulty. Just the right amount of bullets to kill both you and your enemies, and the nazis weren't as painfully dumb as they were in the lowest modes.
05-09-2006, 03:43 AM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

How many times can you milk the same war?

I don't even want an answer.

Whats stopping you?

05-09-2006, 04:04 AM
Software Bug
Formerly Tim Cottenham

Aw , I do think that the WWII is still the best war for a good game.

But U're saying that there needs to be a new war to make new war games?
Or make games from other old wars (havnt seen WWI games)

05-09-2006, 04:28 AM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

the brew master  (10)

If they made more interesting game concepts like Company of Heroes(RTS) then id be a happy camper..but a Call of Duty 3? WTF?

Man i can see this going on for awhile.

"CALL OF DUTY 7, EXPERIENCE WORLD WAR 2 LIKE NEVER BEFORE!"

Whats stopping you?

05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Call of Duty 4: Experience World War 2 trough the eyes of the allied commander!
Call of Duty 5: Experience World War 2 trough the eyes of the german commander!
Call of Duty 6: Experience World War 2 trough the eyes of Sergeant Jimmy!
Call of Duty 7: Experience World War 2 trough the eyes of Sergeant Jimmy's Wife!
Call of Duty 8: Experience World War 2 on an all new graphical engine. We'll just redo a story from one of the prequals!
Call of Duty 9: Experience World War 2 from the civilian point of view.
Call of Duty 10: Experience World War 3 trough the eyes of Segeant Jimmy's father! And we still havn't made a new engine!
Call of Duty 10 Booster Pack: Jimmy's Demise.
Call of Duty 10 Booster Pack: Jimmy's wife cheats on Jimmy while he's in the hospital.
Call of Duty 11: Experience Jimmy's personal life with stunning new graphics, while all we did was tweak the engine a bit!

Call of Duty 20: Will Jimmy's son manage to keep his relation with commander baker a secret? And will Jimmy's wife finaly give birth to General Lee's son? See it next time on Call of Duty 21: The Final Final Final Final Final Final Conflict! (for real this time, depending on how it sells).

---

Ahhhh how I love bashing stupid games that were once good and now are going to die.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

05-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

Thank you Havoc, I just broke my rib. You bastard.
05-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

You are very welcome. It's what I do.

05-14-2006, 09:23 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Call of Duty just got good, in my opinion. I thought that pretty much all of the CoD games/expansions before 2 were pretty much crap, or at least not what they could have been.

Of course, yeah, same war. Boring. However...
:
Call of Duty 5: Experience World War 2 trough the eyes of the german commander!
That's actually not such a bad idea.
05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Somehow I don't think that would be very welcome right now. Lets publish a game in which you have to shoot and kill as many allied forces as you can! Somehow I don't think people can appreciate that.

05-17-2006, 01:48 AM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

the brew master  (10)

:
Somehow I don't think that would be very welcome right now. Lets publish a game in which you have to shoot and kill as many allied forces as you can! Somehow I don't think people can appreciate that.
but they appreciate allied forces killing germans?

its really just a game and i wouldn't mind playing as a german but if everyone is gonna have a cry and start complaining about history "B-b-but thats p-p-peposterous the Allies killed the !AXIS OF EVIL!" then its just not worth it.

I don't think Jimmy is cut out for this work..im sure he can get a job on the the "BOLD AND TEH BEAUTIFUL!!11one!"

yeah im done.

Whats stopping you?

05-17-2006, 07:32 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

In a world of GTAs and Extreme Beach Volleyballs, a nazi-centric game isn't that far off. But Havoc is right. There would be a total uproar over it.

I still think it isn't a bad idea. Talk about moral choices you'd have to make. I'd certainly buy it.
05-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Hey I'd love a game like that. Even though I still enjoy killing Germans more then defending them. But prolly won't happen.