Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

11-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)
Oracular Anecdote

Since my two other fan fictions were clearly a misfortune, I'm trying to make another one. And this time I'm actually going to update it, sounds cool huh?

Anyway, here's the first chapter. Tell me if it's any good.

Chapter 1

Zemn glanced down at the blood stained, rich soil. The cries of death that have occurred on this battlefield rang in his ear, as battle roars and flying arrows passed his head. Several of his teammates ran by him, ordering him to tag along and fight. The statement didn't go through Zemn's head; he was too preoccupied by the strange axe he found buried under the soil. He picked it up, falling back a little due to the weight of the axe. It was golden; a shine that would blind the sun, and blow away the violent wind. Suddenly Zemn felt his body to be tight, and he felt an arrow puncture his back, into his spine.

"Zemn!" several teammates cried out, as they watched Zemn fall face first into the soil. Blood started dripping down his back, while his teammates rushed towards him. "Zemn, come on! Get up! We're not losing you that easily!" one yelled out. Zemn could faintly hear the sorrow of his partners, but soon they wore away. His eyesight grew blurry, until he could see no more. An aggravating pain swirled through his body, and he forced him to get up. His teammates watched in awe.

Zemn clasped the arrow in his back, and pulled it out. The pain had to be ignored; paying too much attention to it would make him weaker and die. He drew his sword out of his sheath, and looked back at his teammates, and charged and forward towards the enemy.

But his teammates stayed behind, too shocked by the fact that Zemn kept on fighting, kept on fighting for his beliefs, for his family, for his friends. It was such bravery. Death or not, Zemn would be known for his actions, doing something like this would make yourself a hero in war. A hero in life.

But his bravery did not last very long...

The champion of the opposing side, Thasimix, rose from beneath the ground with his giant claymore. Everyone paused. Enemies. Teammates. Wildlife. They all stared at Thasimix with both fear and satisfaction. Thasimix turned his head to his weak ally, who stuttered whilst walking and tripped over his own feet to stay away from his powerful ally. An embarrassment to all soldiers, thought Thasimix, shrugging. Although he was the most fearsome enemy in the kingdom, he was described as a lax and easy-going person. Which was surprising, due to his muscular body and height of eight feet.

In front of Thasimix stood Zemn, pointing the tip of his sword at the large enemy.

"I have come to slay you, Thasimix!" Zemn announced. His teammates' eyes widened, knowing that even for Zemn, Thasimix is an impossible challenge to overcome. It would be suicide facing this menacing monster, and that's exactly what Zemn was going towards.

"You come to slay...me?" Thasimix said, surprised.

"Aye. And show no mercy," Zemn commanded. Thasimix glanced over to his weak ally again, who was laughing frantically.

"No mercy? Are you sure? Do you even know who I am?" Thasimix asked.

"Of course. You're Thasimix, supposedly the strongest human in the kingdom. Supposedly the most violent and powerful one, too." Thasimix shrugged again, and quickly swiped Zemn's head off.

There was silence for at least five minutes. Zemn's allies froze, knowing that fate would come but regretting it. The opposing side grinned with devious victory, knowing that without their captain, the enemy army was nothing but a leaderless pack running wild ready to be hunted down. Thasimix stared at Zemn's savored body.

"You were foolish to ever threaten me. Think before saying in the afterlife," he said loud enough for everyone to here. Thasimix turned around, his large sage cape twirling around, and walked backwards towards his village's direction. "We're going home," he ordered, as his allies scurried behind him.

"He was a great hero," Arcady said, one of Zemn's close friends. He looked away from the burning body of Zemn and glanced around to his fellow teammates. They all mourned the sad and painful death of their most powerful soldier.

"To Zemn!" one cried out, raising his glass of wine in the air. Hesitantly, everyone else slowly started to raise their cup of wine one by one. Soon hundreds of cups were raised in the air yelling, "For Zemn!" The fire started to spread across the rest of Zemn's body, and grew large and fearsome.

Then one by one again, each soldier lowered their glass and drank it all in one swig. Arcady stepped up to the crowd, and stood in front of the crazy fire. He spoke.

"Zemn was not just another soldier just like us," he said. Some soldiers smirked sarcastically. "Zemn was a hero. A great hero, at that. Did any of you ever stand up to the most powerful being in the world?" he asked aloud. No one replied. They just stared dumbly at him. "I thought not. We wouldn't even dare to, we're thinking too much about survival rather then saving our teammates."

No one dared talking back or say anything witty, there are times when you realize Arcady isn't joking around.

Arcady walked into the giant group of soldiers, as they moved aside to let him through. Each soldier looked at Arcady until he was completely out of sight, and then turned to the flaming corpse of Zemn and mourned.

Thar we go. I dunno though, it this too short?

11-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Me read it. I think it's good.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

11-28-2007, 07:55 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

: Jul 2007
: Location Location
: 595
alf's brother's mate  (132)alf's brother's mate  (132)

cool. It's rather violent. ..........
Just the way i like it.
12-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

Crap I forgot I had this thread. Meh, I'll try to keep my promises.

Chapter 2

The old man closed the book, and took a deep breath. He could no longer read the depressing tale.

"Err, are you alright master?" young Quirik asked, nuding the old man.
"Yes, I am. But this story..." the old man paused for a moment and opened the book again. "Then again, nevermind. Shall we read on?"
"Indeed!" Quirik exclaimed. The old man got up and walked across the small hut, sitting near the fire.
"Come, over here Quirik. It's much more comfortable." Quirik got up too, and sat at the other end of the flames. "Now then..." Another interruption, someone was knocking on the beaten door of the hut.
"Who's that, old man?" Quirik said with a choking voice. The old man scratched his long, white beard and arose. Another knock was heard.

"Please, open up!" a firm man yelled outside. The old man opened the door.
"What is it now?" he asked, with a grumpy attitude.
"Ah Samazu. Glad to see you're still alive," the firm man said. Samazu remembered his face, he knew he saw it from somewhere.
"Mathias? Has it been that long?"
"I fear it has."
"What are you doing here?" Samazu stared blindly into Mathias' eyes. Mathias sighed.

"For a...not so pleasant matter," Mathias silently said. Quirik crept behind Samazu, ease dropping. Mathias glared at the young man. "Let's take this outside." Samazu nodded, and left, closing the door. Quirik ran up to the door and put his ear on it, trying to listen.

"Bah. Stupid thick door, can't hear anything on the other side," Quirik complained to himself. He glanced out the window, and didn't see anyone. "Oh." He chuckled a little bit, and headed out.

Mathias and Samazu were talking in the town bar.

"Mathias, what are you saying?" Samazu asked with great force. Mathias didn't answer, he felt regret for ever telling Samazu this. His old body couldn't manage the excitement.

"Simple. You're book o' tales is actually logical," Mathias grunted, taking a giant swig of rum. "Which means I'm wrong, like always. Through all these years I've thought that book was a bunch of bogus." Samazu grinned.

"This isn't the first time," Samazu giggled.

"Indeed. Make sure never to tell the boy this though. We can't risk poisoning his mind because of that book," Mathias ordered.

"Of course not, it's safer to keep him out of this."
"But, what will you tell him about your departure? Wouldn't he be a little suspicious after we deserted him and then suddenly left?"
"That's true."

Suddenly Quirik ran into the bar.

"Yes! I knew you two were here! Now tell me what I'm not supposed to-" Samazu grabbed him from the neck.

"This is none of your business, young man. Return home. We'll finish the story tomorrow," Samazu stated, pushing Quirik out of the bar.

"This'll be even tougher than we imagined. This boy doesn't know when to mind his own business," Mathias said, taking another swig.

"Quite so, but I don't blame him. He never seems to be told what's going on," Samazu said, sitting back down next to Mathias. "Now...what's the plan?"

"It's very simple. The only way to stop this madness is to burn the book," Mathias stated.

"Simple? But how many copies exist? Millions, by chance," Samazu got up and yelled.
"Old man. I do believe it's one of those rare moments where you're clueless," Mathias insulted. Samazu glared upon him. "Haha! Yes, did you not know there's only one copy of that book? And you're the one who has it?" Samazu put his head down for a moment and thought. Now that he thought of it, he'd never seen anyone else owning a copy of the book. Maybe Mathias was actually correct this time.
"I don't believe I have never come to realize that," Samazu admitted.

"Don't feel down. I had to research that," Mathias said, trying to make Samazu feel better. "Now then, by tomorrow you have to read the end of that story to Quirik. The quicker this book is burned, the safer we'll be," Mathias barked. Samazu nodded, and headed back to his hut.

As Samazu stepped in, he saw Quirik holding the book.

"Quirik? Would you like to read the last part?" Samazu asked.

"If it's not too much of a hassle," Quirik sulked.

"Quit sulking and hand me that book." Quirik slowly got up, carefully handing the book to Samazu. With force, Samazu grabbed the book quickly. "Now then, let's read on."

Arcady glanced down at the grave of Zemn. He remembered when Thasimix was their good friend, until suddenly his mood twisted into something morbid and sinister. It was like a twist in reality, something never before seen. Such a change in Thasimix scared their lives up until now, where death is upon them.

"Curse you Thasimix. I do not know what changed you, but I'll find out. Even if I have to get killed myself," Arcady grumbled, pounding the ground. A lone villager walked up to him.

"Arcady, m'lord. The council wants to see you," the villager filled in, staring at Arcady as if he didn't have a soul. "Please. Hurry." Arcady paused, and got up. He headed for the council, hoping to hear good news.

As Arcady entered the church, he was confronted by the priest.

"Sorry for the incorrect knowledge. It is not the council, but me, the head priest of this church," the head priest said, joyfully.

"I see. What is it that you want? Good news, I hope?" Arcady shot back with rage.

"Please, this is church. Keep your voice down." Arcady took a deep breath. "Now then. Arcady, since we have lost our best man in the kingdom, Zemn, we have suffered a great loss. But we cannot stand here and mourn until death to us all. We cannot let this Thasimix walk all over us, as if we're weak and fragile. No. I want you to command your army and attack Thasimix head on, his death will be a great revenge for us," the priest said. Arcady cracked his knuckles.

"And? If I die and fail like how Zemn did? Then we will suffer another giant loss, priest," Arcady said with anger, forgetting to keep his voice down.

"Arcady, please. Bare with me. We are allowing you to bring along any reinforcements with you." Arcady thought about that last statement, and did something drastic. He accepted the mission. "I'm glad we have met an agreement, Lord Arcady. You are dismissed." The priest turned around and walked towards the altar, without a doubt praying for the safety of Arcady.

Suddenly the reading stopped.

"Old man?" Quirik asked with shock.

"Oh, I'm really sorry young boy, but I can read no longer. My muscles are killing me and I need my rest," Samazu calmly said, drifting off.

"I know what you mean, old man. I'll leave you to rest," Quirik said, grinning and leaving. Samazu laid down, silently going to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of dialog in this, enjoy.