04-16-2004, 03:11 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Reserve Stranger now!

Guys fellow forumers guess what this is awesome your not going to believe this but I just baught my copy of OW4 tonight. It turns out we can reserve our copy of Stranger right now. I went to the video game store and I was just asking them if they knew anything on Stranger and they were like you can go ahead and put in your reserved copy of OW4 today. I was like whoa when did this happen? The Clerk was a huge OW fan and I was telling him all about us and what we know about the next game. And he couldnt wait he showed me the box and I was like go ahead and reserve my copy of Stranger. Yes now I will have OW4 in my possesion when its released!

He was telling me that there is going to be a huge announcement this May telling when the release date is. He was saying they don't know exactly when the release date is confirmed but they said its going to be very soon. And here is another intresting thing. I look on the back of the place holder box and they showed not only screenshots from Stranger but Munch aswell. All I know September is the Month they are looking at for OW4. But guys look for news in the middle of May big news. Here is a picture of the reciept if you don't believe me. This is awesome news guys! Please excuse the poor looking picture I was in a rush and I was just excited.

Paramiteabe...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-039F.JPG
Views:	834
Size:	39.2 
ID:	1746  

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-16-2004 at 03:28 PM..
04-16-2004, 03:50 PM
depthsofodd
Bolamite

: Jan 2002
: Gold Coast, Australia
: 57
depthsofodd  (10)

Oh my god! thats so exciting, i wonder when we can reserve a copy in Australia...
Only 13 days till May Oddworld Updates

04-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

Schweeeet! I can't wait! But I think we should E-mail Alf about this just incase it's false, I won't completely believe anything until I get the info from an official source, I'm just that narrow-minded.

04-16-2004, 04:42 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I saw the box for Oddworld 4. It said Oddworld 4 on it plus there pictures from Munch and pictures of the new game on it. That scene with the Clackerz.

But the thing here they don't know exactly when the date will be only there is going to be a huge announcement. So keep your eyes peeled. They were telling me that you can at least reserve Stranger today. And when it does come out some time this year you would pay the rest. Thats all they said. So I think its official that you are able at least reserve a copy. Thats what the stores are doing. The stores don't know anything eather but they are allowing us to reserve these unknown titles. Thats all it is. I put 10.00 dollars on it already to reserve my copy when ever it does come. I just need to save my reciept until then. Of course OWI isn't going to say anything they are going to say its false. But I never said the store released a date thats all. There is official conformation that stores are allowing you to reserve this future unknown title. They don't even know the name and the title, the release date or anything. They are just getting a place holder ready and that is what the whole MO 2 means. Its just a temporary place holder for the next title. They don't know anything thats a definent. They are doing the same thing for a lot of other titles comeing out aswell. Go to your local store if your in America and you will see what I mean. Mainly there is nothing official about this its only an early place holder.

That doesn't confirm anything but it does assure you that you will get this upon release whenever that may be.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-16-2004 at 05:12 PM..
04-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Details of the box.

Pretty please?

04-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

If there are pictures from MO on the box for OW4, then my guess is that it's a clever scheme devised by the store itself.

I mean, if the game is nearly ready to be released, then obviously there would be no need to use MO pics as 'fillers' for the box.

PA, sounds like you've been dooped. Besides, it's fairly unheard of to be able to reserve a game before a vague release date is announced and confirmed. Take it from someone who works at Game Crazy.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

04-17-2004, 12:28 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Not exactly DI. On the back it was talking about Stranger and there was more screenshots of Stranger as opposed to Munch.

But until OWI says this is not official then I will question. And I am talking about from Lorne Lanning not Alf.

If I was scamed then they are the ones who dident make a lot of dow. It was only a measly $10.00 and they gave me a reciept. If it was a mistake then ill get my money back. But yeah I am going to go back there and tell them to hold off on my order until its official.

The box well it wasn't much it said Oddworld 4 comming soon with the scene of the Clackerz and a picture of Stranger on the back. But on the front we had the picture of all the different kinds of Muds from Munch.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-17-2004 at 12:58 AM..
04-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

can you describe the several screenshots, just to make sure they aren't just old ones that the store used to make a fake cover...
so May announcements.
Septemeber release.

sounds very fine to me

04-17-2004, 01:11 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Yep your right good thing I caught that before it was too late. Thank goodness for reciepts. I went back there and they gave me my $10.00 back.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-17-2004 at 01:58 AM..
04-17-2004, 02:28 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I think maybe someone should e-mail Alf this asking if he could make an announcement on the official site that retail stores are mis informed about Stranger. I keep forgetting IGN are a bunch of idiots who don't know anything. Silly me They are calling it MO 2 makeing us believe its a place holder. And I was a victom. I am lucky I got my money back or it would have been serious.

All I know now I am not trusting anybody anymore and I am just going to wait until Stranger is out and then purchase it. I don't think its worth reserving a copy its not like it will be sold out on the first day but if it is it is there will be more.

Paramiteabe...

04-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

Yes, but as a true oddworld fan you HAVE to have it on the first day! You have to camp outside the night before and purchase the very first copy

04-17-2004, 03:44 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

...That's actually more or less what I was planning to do.

At least get there before the doors open. It's not as if I'm not up and about that early in the day.

04-17-2004, 03:54 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Actually, reserving titles means nothing about release dates. Remember back when we all thought OW4 was going to have an April release. Well IGN had a link on their site which you could reserve Oddworld 4 back then. And as we know, the "so called release date" never eventuated. I wonder how many people made a reservation on that and needed to get their money back?

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-17-2004, 04:01 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I remember that perfectly, Abe Babe - I was instantly reminded of it when I saw this thread. I was going to update OddBlog with "In case you still haven't pre-ordered Stranger..." but I thought that was a bit too pretentious (I lie, I forgot to).

04-17-2004, 11:06 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Ya know what after makeing my mind up I am going to see what happens if I do reserve a copy. I went back and reserved it again. This time I only put $5.00 on it. They were saying September is tentative time frame that right before the holidays Stranger will be out sometime around then. They also stated they have all kinds new pictures of Stranger and the Hunters and stuff.

Thats whats makeing me think that this is official word. If I am wrong then I have the reciept But hearing that next fall it will be out sounds pretty convinceing to me. So I went to reserve it again. Afterall its only five dollars I put on it this time around no big deal. When Munch came out I had my copy reserved for a whole entire year before release. And on the first day I picked it up before I left for school. I am going to do the same with this.

If I am wrong then so be it but this is rather convinceing after seeing what I saw.

04-17-2004, 12:13 PM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

well at least you can reserve your copy just to be on the safe side but there were boxes of halo 2 1 or 2 months ago and i allready reserved my copy but who the hell knows when its actully gonna come out!

Whats stopping you?

04-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

I'm gonna camp out at Gamestop, the managers a friend of mine and I bet he'd even let me sleep inside. He says that he'll allow me to cut open the box that's stocked with stranger games when it arrives, and I'll be there!

04-17-2004, 01:33 PM
mudokon
Stingbee

: a nice place
: 85
mudokon  (10)

Yep! I've just reserved my copy too...http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=8&mid=323116 YES! YES FINALLY I CAN RESERVE IT IN THE UK TOO (although I think nearly all games and films and music release first in the USA and UK at the same time!) YAY! IM SO EXCITEDD!

Last edited by mudokon; 04-19-2004 at 03:22 AM..
04-17-2004, 01:45 PM
depthsofodd
Bolamite

: Jan 2002
: Gold Coast, Australia
: 57
depthsofodd  (10)

Hey Guys,
I think you will get the game Paramiteabe, if i could pre-order it in Australia i would too. If Oddworld Inhabitants didnt create the box them selves... which i highly doubt... the game shop knows OWI next release is due soon, and as Oddworld inhabitants dont want to "hype" up this game before realease they need something to show in the store. Either way you will get the game... everything is stored in computers these days, they wont forget you

Lets hope they call you with a release date

04-17-2004, 01:59 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Wow Pa! You reserved OW4, got your money back, then went back and reserved it again! I'm just going to wait until I get official OWI info before I reserve. Except, I live in a small town, so I could just buy Stranger the first day it comes out. Wal-Mart is three block away from my house.

Anyway, I'm not updating OWW until I get some solid answers on this.

-oddguy

04-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I wouldn't put my money down on anything yet. Unless it's been approved by Alf, or Oddworld Inhabitants, it ain't worth it. I shant be camping outside, but I know I'll be in there the first day it's released. Just like when I got Abe's Exoddus, *sigh*, those were the days.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

04-18-2004, 04:00 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Thats pretty understandable. This is not any kind of scam. Like Depths of Oddworld said everything nowadays is on computers. The stores know that this game is scheduled for this year some time. But OWI hasn't officially released a date yet. But the stores need to start advirtiseing something to prep for the big announcement when ever that happens. Word is from what I heard from the clerk is that May is the key month theres going to be a lot of big things happening in the next few months starting in May not only with OWI but with IGN and other verous sites. I asked the clerk why they are advirtiseing the new game as being MO 2? He was telling me the reason being is because they don't have any official title yet only the name Stranger or Oddworld 4 or MO 2. They know OWI is keeping things very secret now but they also know the game is officially suppose to come out some time this year. They are allowing us reserve a spot in their computer so when it does come out we are guaranteed that there will be a game for each of us in stock with our name on it.

This is exactly the same thing they did with Munch. The difference is they knew the title because of all the info OWI released in the following years before. But they dident know the release date. They only knew it would be sometime in Fall of 2001 and it was in November. With Oddworld 4 they know its going to sometime this Fall and I agree we are probabally going to see it just before Christmas. My guess November. But thats what I am going by.

It seems for me at least everytime an Oddworld game is released its always released eather in the Fall of that year or near the Holydays around Thanksgiveing. That is something Ive noticed of all the Oddworld games thus far. Everyone has in the fall or before Christmas. AO was in September October, AE was around Thanksgiveing, MO was the same around Thanksgiveing. I have no doubt its going to be the same deal with OW4. So in finnish I reserved it just to be assured that when it does come out my name is in the computer and that they will altimatically save the game for me when I come in and pick it up and pay the rest.

04-18-2004, 04:37 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

That's all fine and good but where did they here there was a big announcement in May, I don't think it's official or else we would have heard it ourselves.

04-18-2004, 04:42 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

They got their information from their annual monthly news letter about up comming titles for this year. But then again that can be in accurite. But it doesn't matter we all know OW4 is comming out this year my name is in their computer so when ever it comes out that being the next Oddworld game I am guaranteed to have one for myself in stock. This is the same thing when Munch came out only now we have no name.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-18-2004 at 04:46 AM..
04-18-2004, 11:24 AM
mudokon
Stingbee

: a nice place
: 85
mudokon  (10)

NO..It could be genuine..Like the link I gave you is all genuine as I reserved Soul Calibur 2 before it came out by the same site and I got sent it and plus GAME is the biggest video game retailer in the UK and they couldn't possibly scam I'm sure of it and anyway if it was a scam USA/UK/EURO trading and retail standards would never have let the shop that paramitebabe reserved it from come into business..All I am saying is that these days in countries with strict trading policies like the USA and UK scamming isn't popular anymore.

Last edited by mudokon; 04-18-2004 at 11:26 AM..
04-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Every business scams atleast once, they have to, especially one has big as GAME.

04-18-2004, 11:53 AM
DeBulletDodger
Thudslug

: Dec 2003
: Newcastle, England
: 154
DeBulletDodger  (10)

So i may just pre-order it and keep fingers crossed even if it doesnt come out soon i should still get it.

Last edited by DeBulletDodger; 04-18-2004 at 12:06 PM..
04-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Yep - the validity of the box and the accuracy of this 'big announcement' news seem to be undecided, but the stores are unlikely to rip you off in the end. I'm all for there being a big announcement this May, though. It is about time. Even my Oddworld-fertilised patience is narrowing. We haven't had anything since the GDC.

And even if Oddworld.com isn't updated with incredible joyness, there's still the 3D Festival and, of course, E3. An announcement and big news is inevitable.

04-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Inevitable-yes. Soon-no. And that's the problem

04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

What ever happened to patience?