Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Drunk Worst/Most Boring Video Games

Okay, here's a difference from all the favorite games topics that are around. What are your worst video games or types of games.

For me I really dislike flight sim games. There are so boring that I would want to go to sleep if I played them! I also don't like games that have no story line or story lines where your aim is to just ruthlessly kill or destroy for no reason (I know, many people like these kinds of games). Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all violent games, like if it's a violent game that does have a story line and good game play (like Halo) then I don't mind it.

The worst game would have to the The Sims. I don't understand why this game is so popular and there are a million expansion packs for it. I mean Sim City and that were okay as you were building a city and that, but The Sims is just like a video game version of a reality TV show!!! You just follow and control the lives of a bunch of people. Now that is boring!!!

Oh, and Britney's Dance Revolution ... *cough* Never played it, never will ... it's just lame and cashes in!!! I laughed when all the video game stores were selling it for a low cost after it was only out for a month ... obviously no one wanted it!!!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

10-13-2002, 07:52 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I hate some of the chalenges of Fuzion Frenzy (I only got the demo)

I just don't see what is fun about.
I also don't like games like Hunter The Reckogning, to many stupid and deadly ennemies and only shoot (I only got the demo too)

10-13-2002, 08:17 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Flight sims are, interetingly enough, the big favourite of the same cousin who can't keep a job for longer than a month. But I agree, they're so boring.

But I like The Sims. Okay, on paper it may sound a dull idea, but it's addictive and amusing. Or at least that's how it is for the millions of fans and players.

I'm not an avid gamer, but one game I really hated was something on the PSX called 'Tunnel B1'. What a load of guff. You sort of hover about and shoot stuff. As far as I could tell, there was no storyline, no plot, just a load of moving around a tunnel and shooting stuff. Oh well.

10-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

Wayne's World for the SNES, or was that NES? Either way it was so stupid. It had nothing to do with the movie and all you seemed to do was bounce on drums.

10-13-2002, 10:58 AM
The Sour Slig
Fuzzle

: Aug 2002
: Location too long. Shorten Please :)
: 132
The Sour Slig  (11)

Hunter: The Reckoning is hectic multiplayer fun! Its like playing an old zombie flick. On your own its pretty scary and alot of "Oh crap!" moments pop up when you see the crowds of undead stagger towards you

It is hack and slash, and hack and slash usually bores me, but I just love Hunter. Multiplayer especially... four pads get picked up but never get put back down My worst game would have to those rubbish little Gamecube type puzzle games where all you have to do is connect cubes together. You know, Tetris type games. That or 3D platformers (Munch is different though, I'm talking baout jumping on heads or getting hurt by oil *cough* Mario *cough*)

Also football (british soccer) games. Heck, the only sport games I like are extreme sports (like Tony Hawk's and Matt Hoffman) and Madden.

Step outta line, Scrub, and you and your little mudokin friends over there will enjoy a nice long dirt nap.

10-13-2002, 03:26 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Fighting games really do suck in my book because they are all the same from Street Fighter all the way up to the newest one out for X-Box. They are all the same to me. I also don't really like sport games because Im not really into that type of game. My favorite like most people probabaly in the forums would have to be role playing games, Oddworld of course, and games that have story lines and that can take all day or 2 days to beat like Metal Gear. That and raceing games are my favorite.

10-13-2002, 05:47 PM
munchman
Clakker Relic Miner

: Dec 2001
: Unknown
: 886
munchman  (10)

i dont like the old old games...............if you give me any new game i will play it for a while...........some of them i get board of and stop playing.......but most i will play.................

10-13-2002, 05:59 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

PA, games are supposed to take longer. I dont think the object of a game is to spend a day or two playing it non-stop...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

10-13-2002, 06:36 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Thats what I ment. I like long involved games. I know games are not intended for nonstop playing. I am just saying if I get sick of it I would save it and catch it up the next day. Which I see as a long game. ok?

Last edited by paramiteabe; 10-13-2002 at 10:47 AM..
10-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by Jacob
PA, games are supposed to take longer. I dont think the object of a game is to spend a day or two playing it non-stop...
Tehehe...

*sits and waits in front of computer all day in anticipation for PA's response to be shot down by Jacob's wit*
10-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Worst/ Most boring: All football/soccer/tennis/baseball (you get the picture). Crappy sports games. Also good concepts that go stupid with crappy games, I knows theres like skateboarding stuff (which I like) but then I played some like futuristic one. *vomits*

Also cheapo pointless things, like MK & A stuff.

Yup PA, Super Smash Brothers, DoA3, and Ready to RUmble are all the exact thing. And Metal Gear Solid would have taken more than 2 days to beat, first time through at least. Silly boy.

I like more original type fighting games, well made RPGs, originative racing games (or just plain massive and good ones like the Gran Turismo series), and most adventure style ones, once again, as long as they are put together well. Good FPSs (like Halo/Goldeneye) are good, but people have to realise, our of all the games, all the oens you see with reviews do good because those are the good ones. I'd bet theres at least 3 pieces of crap for every good game. At least.
10-13-2002, 06:53 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)
Dead

I never said first time through. I said I like long games like Metal Gear Solid that can take 2 days. But I forgot I have to be very specific on what I say or I would once again get attacked!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 10-13-2002 at 10:59 AM..
10-13-2002, 06:56 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Robotech: Battlecry is terrible. I really had high hopes for it, too. Oh well...
10-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

O gosh, you've actualy come up with a technicality that I need to go against...

you said games with story lines that can be beaten in 1 or 2 days. You implied that it was a game that takes only a day or 2 to beat, like any time at all. Thats the impression I got, and most likely what Jacob got Try and be a bit more clearer nest time
10-13-2002, 07:05 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I am sorry for not being spacific for you people. Mann I am realizing that not being exactly spacific enough can cause such a pointless arguement such as this over what I said. Note to self (Be careful next time or you will be attacked by a mob!)

Last edited by paramiteabe; 10-13-2002 at 11:13 AM..
10-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

Nope, I think I just misunderstood your post. My mistake.

But I'm now wondering this, why did you jsut post what you put into your edit several minutes before, which was after my post that said I got a different impression then what you had? You make it seem like I was out to get you...
10-13-2002, 07:15 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Because I feel you guy's are trying to get me. I feel I need to be careful what I write or once again I will be mocked at or other such things. That is why I am alweys editing. I am trying to be careful here.

10-13-2002, 07:18 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

You sound very, very paranoid on an online forum Lighten up a bit, I think your overreacting to a few pixels displayed on your monitor
10-13-2002, 07:27 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Yea I am sorry your right it is silly. Who cares!

10-14-2002, 02:26 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

: Dalmasca, Ivalice
: 285
Ashe  (10)

Hello Abe Babe. I do not like sport games or one on one fighting games. They are not for me. As for my worst game, I am really not sure, I cannot really pinpoint it to a specific game. But probably something I played in an arcade a long time ago which just involved flying in a jet and shooting things down.

I luv Vann!!! He is so Hot!!!!!
Final Fantasy Fan Forever!!! Cannot wait unitl FF12!

10-14-2002, 09:28 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

I don't like games where your confined to a vehical. Crazy Taxi 3 was lame, so I traded it in for Blinx.
10-14-2002, 06:25 PM
The Sour Slig
Fuzzle

The Sour Slig  (11)

Metal Gear Solid 2 is a long game? Thats a new one

Ok, so it may seem long, but skip all those cutscenes and Intercom converations and you've got yourself a game that can be completed in no more than 5 hours. Say, 1 or 2.

Its not a bad game however... I too love a good story.

But Splinter Cell will be 10 times better than Metal Gear Solid 2

As for fighting games... the only reason why they are the same is because they always copy each other rather than coming up with their own ideas. take Dead Or Alive 3. It was the first side on fighting game where you could knock your opponent into interactive environments (not including Power Stone 2 of course, as its rather different). In steps Tekken 4 (to add to the poor unentertaining Tekken series) to copy just about everything Dead Or alive 3 gives, including the memorable "smashing through neon lights" scene. But what it fails to copy is the speed and entertainment of Dead Or Alive 3 that makes Tekken 4 "Just another poor Tekken game".

Now take Tao Feng... you can knock your enemies into the walls like on Dead Or Alive 3... but they've improved this alot. They do extra damage and can cripple themselves as you knock them itno breakable walls, you can use the environment to peform even cooler moves, attacks always cause different effects, characters bleed, bruise and get their clothes torn, 4 players on screen at one time and much more.

Games are fun if they have at least some originality in them and are different. I wouldn't buy Madden 2003 if its exactly the same as Madden 2002 with some minro improvements on graphics and updated teams. I wouldn't but Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth if its just exactly the same as every other Smackdown title out there with just better graphics and new wrestlers... hell, I wouldn't buy Smackdown at all... let alone go near anything to do wit hthe WWE!

Step outta line, Scrub, and you and your little mudokin friends over there will enjoy a nice long dirt nap.

10-14-2002, 09:33 PM
ZombieX
Boombat

: May 2002
: n
: 217
ZombieX  (39)

Microsoft Train Simulator. Let's analyze the shitness:

Microsoft
Well, there's the hallmark of turdiness for a start.

Train
Not exactly the most exciting of topics, but suppose it has a little potential and scope.

Simulator
Ugh, the second worst word used in video game titles... the worst has to be "[insert word here] tycoon".

It's name has a microbe of scope, but in actual fact it turned out shitty. Worse than I could have made in fact.

Minging
Turdy
Shite

'Nuff said. Or Muff said, as has been suggested to me already.
10-15-2002, 02:23 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by ZombieX
Microsoft Train Simulator. Let's analyze the shitness:
Hah! I forgot about that one. I saw that in a store once and I thought ... "What would you do in a train simulator?". I mean really, what can you do? All I could think of is driving a train around a set railway track and go fast and slow and stop at stations. At least with a flight simulator you can freely roam the sky without restrictions from rails.

I see a few agree with me that simulation games are just horrible! Oh yeah, and Tycoon games are bad too!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

10-15-2002, 06:19 PM
The Sour Slig
Fuzzle

The Sour Slig  (11)

I found Transport Tycoon to be quite enjoyable... only because I created my own scenarios which had story lines (like transport everybody out of the facility before the flooding lava takes their lives)... and the game wasn't ever designed for such purposes

Roller Coaster tycoon is supposed to be better than Theme Park... a game that is fun until you have every ride available to you

10-15-2002, 11:17 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

I like anygame that has good storylines,good soundtracks,and most importenly,good battle function.Kind of like FF games or Crash Bandicoot games and the only reason I like Kingdom Hearts is all of what I just said.

Wrex.

10-16-2002, 04:50 PM
rikkypop
Stunk

: The Windmill of Depair
: 47
rikkypop  (10)

toy story 2 for the psx is one of the worst

I am death,
A wildered beast,
I am born on the velvet wings of night and i'm hungry for a feast,
I am the nemisis of the vole,
My heart is black as cole,
You can kill me with a trowl...
I am an Owl

10-17-2002, 12:47 AM
ZombieX
Boombat

: May 2002
: n
: 217
ZombieX  (39)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
Yea I am sorry your right it is silly. Who cares!
Can I mock at you now then?
10-17-2002, 01:00 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by ZombieX
Tehehe..."mock at you"...
10-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:

You deserve to be mocked, Cleetus...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud