Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)
Now accepting: Spoiler Forum moderator nominations

A while back we had a few discussions about the solution to the problem of spoilers, an inevitable issue that will start showing its face in a few weeks time. Munch's Oddysee will be released and many secrets will be revealed, spoiling the game for those of us who haven't yet managed to get our hands on it.

To solve the problem, a new forum will be added to Oddworld Forums. Known as the "Spoiler Forum," posts with spoilers will be posted there. Oddworld General Discussion must only contain posts that wont spoil the game. Obviously, there will be members who disrespect the policy and will post topics in the wrong forum. A moderator will be employed to filter such messages, moving topics to their appropriate destination, which is why this topic has been created.

If you believe you are capable of the job or wish to nominate someone who you think is capable, post away. You must meet the following criteria:
  • You don't care if the game is spoiled for you.
  • You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day.
  • You type coherently.
  • You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate.
  • You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums.
Those are the only conditions.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Sydney ]

11-01-2001, 03:52 AM
abe333
Riot Slug

: Apr 2001
: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

i would love to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i don't want to spoil the game for myself
11-01-2001, 04:32 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

You don't care if the game is spoiled for you.OK

You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day.OK

You type coherently. NO

You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate. ????

You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums. OK

11-01-2001, 08:32 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

You don't care if the game is spoiled for you.
YES I DO!!

You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day.
YES

You type coherently.
ABSOLUTENKLYOPO

You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate.
alL THE TiMe

You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums.
YEAH BABY!

PLEASE DUES DON'T RUIN THE GAME FOR US!

11-01-2001, 12:40 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

• You don't care if the game is spoiled for you. - yep
  • You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day. - yeah baby, yeah! (exept when i'm on holiday - away from home)
  • You type coherently. - ee thunk sbooo
  • You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate. - YEP, I DEFINATELY DOOOO!!!!
  • You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums. - what, you mean this piece of junk?

i'm up for it!
11-01-2001, 02:20 PM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Currently, a moderator only has the power to move topics from his/her respective forum to another one, not the inverse. If the spoiler forum moderator will have the power to move topics from General Oddworld Forum, for instance, it implies a lot of responsability, because it means this mod will have access to all forums.

Is that what you mean Sydney? This way, the Spoiler forum moderator will be a "special" mod, making the fifth condition very important to be fulfilled.

Nominees, keep that in mind!
11-01-2001, 03:49 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

: UK
: 308
Molluck  (11)

I WOULD DO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
I would be good but the chances of me being a mod are...000
See ya!

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: molluck ]
11-01-2001, 03:55 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

Yes - I don't care if it's spoiled for me because I don't intend to get it. It'll be interesting to hear the reactions of real people as they play it. I actually think the fact that I'm not getting the game will be a bonus as my eyes and mind will be unclouded by the distractions of it.

You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day.
I never come online without visiting this place. And I never use the computer without going online.
Better rephrase that - it looks as though I'm avoiding the question. Yes, I do visit OF every day.

You type coherently.
Yes. I am an excellent speller and my predicted GCSE grade for English is A*.

I believe that's synonymous with good grammar, etc. To put it another way, yes.

Yes - I really like this place and have made a lot of friends here. I love the diversity (different individuals valuing each other regardless of skin, intelligence, talents or years). And I'd love to know that I'm makikng a difference to this wonderful community.

I would also like to nominate Teal as a candidate... she has said that she doesn't intend to buy the game as well and I know her to be a coherent typer and a fun and nice person.
Edit: Teal has said she doesn't fancy the postition, so I withdraw that vote.

I'd also nominate Rettick, but he's already a mod. He is very good at his job though - perhaps he could be upgraded?

I didn't nominate any of my other friends on this board because I didn't know how they felt about having the game spoiled, but now that Black Dragon has volunteered, I'd like to nominate her as well.

And I know that he and I have had our differences in our time at the forums, but I would also like to nominate Steel Shark. He's bound to be getting the game on its release date, so it won't be spoiled for him. And I know him to be a mature and coherent writer, and a friendly person most of the time. I think he'd suit the position excellently.

If Max the Mug is going to be able to stay online, I'd like to nominate him as well, provided he doesn't mind having the game spoiled for him. He's one of the old timers on this board and has contributed a huge amount ofl ife and colour. He deserves a privelige like this.

And I think Pilot should be considered for the position as well. Someone dubbed 'the world's biggest Oddworld fan' will certainly do this job well.

I believe I could do this task very competently. I am mature and responsible enough to take this seriously, without being over-zealous, and I think it'd be a rewarding and fun experience for me.

I'm one of the old-timers on this board (although my member number may not reflect this as I did not immediately join when the board went UBB), so I'm very familiar with it and I know how it works. I have much previous experience with moderating; I run two public boards on my own, and another priavate one in conjunction with Dan, Em, Rach, Eddie and Abby. I have also been offered a post as moderator on WipEout Zone, which is an extremely respectable board and site (it's been commended by Sony themselves, and the webmaster has many contacts with Studio Liverpool).

I won't let you down.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: One, Two, Middlesboogie ]

11-01-2001, 06:06 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

I would like to do it, but I doubt I would get choosen so Im gonna vote for Oddbodd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

11-01-2001, 07:45 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by One, Two, Middlesboogie:
You type coherently.
Yes. I am an excellent speller and my predicted GCSE grade for English is A*.
tut...in my year 10 exams i got an F!!!
but in the last piece of coursework i got back...i got A-/B+...which was really good compared to my previous grades in the subject...i am good at english though - even though my grades don't reflect it!!!

oh, me too for all but the grade!
11-01-2001, 07:57 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

• You don't care if the game is spoiled for you. - No, I really do not care. Enough said on that.
  • You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day. - Every day for a few hours during the evening, and a few minutes in the morning. I am on more often on weekends.
  • You type coherently. - Yes, I always make sure I do.
  • You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate. -Yes. I almost never use all caps (Except when I am very angry)
  • You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums. - I really do. I love helping people on the forums.

OK, here it goes. I really would take responsibility in this job. I'm always on the forums, and I don't care if the game is spoiled. Alright? *Crosses claws**Closes eyes*

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]

11-02-2001, 01:26 AM
BigBroSig
Fuzzle

: Ponca City,Oklahoma
: 149
BigBroSig  (10)

I would love to do that!
but I probably won't get to. lol.
I have checked the "qualifications" and I agree and do all of them.

You don't care if the game is spoiled for you. Nope. Because I probably won't get the game and I'd actually like to learn about it.

You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day. Yup ( I just don't alway's post every day )

You type coherently. Yes.

You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate. Always.

You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums. Exactamundo.

I have always wanted to be part of the moderator, administrator things on the forums and if this will be my chance to get up ( Near ) there then I'll do my best!

( That probably sounded really cheezy but I was sincere. )

11-02-2001, 01:56 AM
Sal the Mudokon
Howler Punk

: My computer
: 344
Sal the Mudokon  (10)

I should be a spoil moderator.

I don't have any good reasons.

Sorry for my lack of good reasons.

If you don't like me apologizing, sorry.

I mean, umm, no, I'm not sorry.

Unless you find that last part consieded.

Even though it's not... damn it.

I'm sorry for saying "damn it", if you don't like naughty words.

But that would be wierd, because there is a lot of naughty words in the oddworld series.

If I were a moderator for the spoiler forums, I would know if the new games had any naughty words.

Or something like that.

Yeah.

I think.

Bye.

For now.

I guess.

Or the fastfood ghetto homeowners known as the Aqua Teen Hunger Force will be attacked by Lord Old Guy's rainbow machine which was stolen by an evil leprechaun and his transvetite buddy and a half-korean midget from Boston with a belt around his head.

Sorry, but that got a bit out of hand.

My bad.

Good bye.

I really mean it this time.

Ha!

Gotcha!

Just kidding.

I'll really go now.

If you don't want to keep reading this.

But if you are... than you obviously have no reason to live...

Other than nominating me to be a moderator...

Damn it.

-George Clinton/Ghandi

11-02-2001, 01:52 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

Okay okay I'll say it correctly!

No way I don't care cose I ain't getting it!
u visit every day
Yup but I don't always post!
You type coherently.
Yeah I got 97%
Of course I can!
Yup I is very responsible I was the year 6 mastermind and I really can be a nice person

Me getting the job is laughable when u got people like
Xavier
ODDBODD
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Lampian
Gluk Shmuch
Abe 333
etc.
So erm well life is full of suprises but I would be mad keen for the job!

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: molluck ]
11-02-2001, 07:34 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

• You don't care if the game is spoiled for you. - I'm not even sure if I am going to buy MO when it comes out, since I can't afford an Xbox or a new PC, so No, I care not a jot...
  • You visit Oddworld Forums at least once per day. - Generally, althought sometimes I have other things to do, I'm usually on an average of 6 days in every week, will that do?
  • You type coherently. - When sober, yes, and I am rarely drunk when foruming...
  • You use capital and lower-case letters where appropriate. - Not always, but I do a lot, especially when use of Captials would make my meaning clearer. And I am still understandable [I hope]...
  • You have a positive and responsible outlook on the forums. - I care a lot about the people here, and you have seen that I have yet to [seriously] abuse my Moderator Powers in the Rpg...

I know I am already a Moderator, but I feelmore like a Co-ordinator for the RPG than a Moderator, really. Besides, I am suitable for the job as I already have Moderating Experience, and you know me [I hope] to be reliable and fair. Also, I have been the first [and so far only] person to post in the Spoiler Forum, which must count for something...

Also, if all goes to plan, soon I will be able to take over the forums... *laughs evilly*

Edit: Note to Middlesboogie: If we're playing the Grade Game, I already have an A* GCSE English... But we're not playing that game, so I won't say that...

If I don't get the job, I believe it should go to either Teal, BD, or Middlesboogie, since all three of them are long overdue for Modship...

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

11-02-2001, 08:34 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Rettick:
Also, I have been the first [and so far only] person to post in the Spoiler Forum, which must count for something...
how?
11-02-2001, 09:05 PM
BigBroSig
Fuzzle

: Ponca City,Oklahoma
: 149
BigBroSig  (10)

I have not seen the new spoiler forum yet, so I'm guessing that it's in the employee lounge or something, and if it is then it should not count for anything because no-one else ( besides the other moderators and administrators ) could have gotten to it!

Ok, I'm done.

11-02-2001, 09:09 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

i suggest a vote for who becomes this SuperMod. nobody is allowed to vote for themselves...

this vote would NOT decide it, but it would give sydney an idea of who the public would choose...

11-03-2001, 09:27 AM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

if i could only choose from the above, i'd pick...hmmm...12M!

[propaganda]if you vote for me i will hold a massive party on launch!!![/propaganda]

(AB & Syd: not much time left!)
11-03-2001, 10:14 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

you know it will be funny if i get the job

11-03-2001, 10:21 AM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

Yes, a vote might be better. I'll get ahead of myself, but I believe that if I don't get the job these people should:
TF - Kind, helps people that need it, responsible. She would be great for the job.
Rettick - he's already a great mod. Gets in there and does his job.

11-03-2001, 11:08 AM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

yeah, but 1 forum is enough for Rettick to mod...we can't have 1 person moding more than one forum...they'd be worked off their feet!!!

[propaganda]do not vote for them, they will not give you a party as big as i will, i will give you a ginormous super massive party!!![/propaganda]
11-03-2001, 11:29 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

OKAY NOT LETS TALK MONEY...

11-03-2001, 12:05 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Yes, Tom, I am already the mod for one forum, then I will have 2... Then accidents might start happening to other mods, and I'd be forced to take their places... *grins with manic, wild eyes*

11-03-2001, 01:10 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

*would be a completely impartial observer-type as she can't afford the game anyway*

I wouldn't know what to do as a mod, though, so... *shrugs*

11-03-2001, 09:52 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

Hmm... *notices I dont have anything right on any point*
Dammit... Oh well, I'll win the million next year...

Although, a job as a mod? I would like that, but I like my life better. My dad would strangle me if the phonebill goes higher than what it already is, as it should if I'm out once a day. Ha!

Ooops, made a little copy of sal there. Never mind me, I've had a very bad day...

11-03-2001, 11:34 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

mmmmkay so we aren't getting paid?

11-04-2001, 09:56 AM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

i think we're getting paid in Spooce! - hence the Spooceshrub as the logo for the SPOILER Forum...

i mainly visit the General and Off-topic discussions, but if there was a SPOILER Forum, i'd probably visit that every 20 mins because i love Oddworld and theses Forums so much!
11-04-2001, 10:23 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

s-s-s-s-ssppppppPPPPPPOOOOOOCE!! AAAARGH GIVE ME THE DAMN SPPOOOOOCE AR AR SP SP SPOOOCE!!! I NEED TEPPEEE FOR MY SPOOCEHOLE!!! NYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH FLEMINGO!

11-04-2001, 11:47 AM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

Middlesboogie should get the job plus....
Like in the fancorner the 2 modd idea could be brought up.....

Hmmm... Wonder if I'll get any votes....

Yeah I could do the job but no body'll vote for me!!!! *SOB SOB* No-one!!!!