Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

02-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Flamer the red
Zappfly

: Nov 2002
: Somewhere in that place across the sea from france, I never was good at Geography, oh yeah, England.
: 12
Flamer the red  (10)
Happy My 1st Story

This is my first story, I'll update when I have time.
Its about my character, Flamer. For now, enjoy! (the name in the story isnt mine)

Dont play with fire!

Remember the red-skin project? (read Splat if you don’t) Because this is the story behind it. Note: this story is set 1 year after the scrabaromitoken project.

Flamer a.k.a. Nick
Night: 12:36. lab 157 Day 129 since transport.
327 Total Days of capture.

‘This is inconvenient.’
‘That’s one way to put it.’
We were looking out towards our planned escape route. There were more sligs than last time, some greeters, (flying and normal) as well as about 50 slogs.
I decided to do something. I started to whisper the chant we had all been taught when we had first woken from the experiment.
‘Nommus I, Nommus I, Nommus I,……emalf!’ (read each word backwards if you don’t get it!)
Had I kept concentrating, those sligs, slogs, and greeters would have been charcoal, but Vulcan (a.k.a. Tom) tapped me on the shoulder and whispered ‘We have company.’ Then I heard the sound of a mudokon sneaking. Smoky (a.k.a. James), Sparky (a.k.a. William) and Ember (a.k.a. Bob) had already turned around, and were staring at a mudokon that seemed to have blue skin, and a strange tattoo on its chest.
The mudokon started speaking: ‘Why were you chanting on your own?’ ‘I’ve never known a mudokon that’s able to possess more than 1 slig at a time, and that’s me!’
Vulcan: ‘So this is the legendary Abe. You don’t seem to know much about red-skins, so I’ll inform you.’

Abe

I waited for the mudokon to start talking.
And waited,
And waited. I was about to ask the Redskins if this was the project that started in lab 231 as number experiment number 8, and suddenly there was a flash like a lightning bolt, and I knew who each of the mudokons were:
The furthest to the left was Flamer, the impromptu boss. Then there was Vulcan, the best lava-bomb thrower. Then Smoky, able to create (you guessed it!) smoke-screens. His twin brother Sparky, (the name says it all) and finally Ember, the youngest and least able to use his powers, limited (so far) to using embers.
I couldn’t move for a few seconds as I struggled to make sense of what I had learned, and when I had, the others were beginning to walk away.
‘Hey, Wait up!’

End of part 1

Whaddya think?

Splat is my savior!

02-13-2003, 03:46 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I like it keep up the good work. Oh look for an update on my story Oddworld Crusades of the Relec.

Paramiteabe...

02-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Im glad to see Alcar's advice worked. This sounds good Flamer, but i did ask you before you started it to explain more about its connection with my story, so as you didnt, i will. In my story, Splat, Abe saved an experimental creature called Splat from a lab and he gave him info on "the red skin project". I wont give away to much cause its Flamer's story but their was a lot of talk about this before i even got the internet (me and Flamer go to the same school and are best friends ) and the origins of both our stories run back to 1998. But anyway, you're probably getting board with me going on so ill just say that this sounds really exiting and now ill go see how my own stories are getting on.