09-22-2002, 10:25 AM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2002
: Wales
: 530
Nath  (89)
Happy The secret of the mountain

This story is about a mud who has no idea of what the native world in really like, but when he gets out of SoulStorm Brewery he straight away he goes in the deep end, and he finds lots of interesting, or odd, stuff.

CHAPTER 1: THE WONDERING MUDOKON

It all began one evening when Abe came back from saving all three hundred Mudokons from SoulStorm Brewery. As soon as he appeared from the sky, every one ran over to him to thank him for saving them, except for one. This one had a slight disliking for Abe, so instead of thanking him he went over to Alf's rehab and tea, and drunk tea until he couldn't drink it anymore.
Because he had been working as a slave in the Brewery for most of his life he had no idea what the outside world was like, everything around him was new. After a while he got fed up with everyone talking about how Abe saved them all, so he got up from his table, picked up his cup of tea and left the hut.

As he left, he turned back around to have one last look in there and all he could see was Abe and Alf on the big table singing, with everyone else watching and singing around them, so he took one more big gulp from his cup, threw it on the floor, then as walked away an elum appeared in front of him carrying a native, he looked at the native, and noticed that he was different to him in a way, because the native had feathers on his head and he didn't, then he looked down at the floor then walked off. He walked just the distance so he wasn't able to hear the noise from the hut, which just made him depressed. As he was walking away, he noticed more and more natives were walking from their huts, in the little village nearby, to Alfs hut to celebrate with them. While he was walking, he was looking for some where nice to rest for the night, then he saw a hill next to a wooded area so he decided that he would stay there for the night.

When he got to the hill he sat down on a rock and looked up to the sky. After a few minutes he started to hear lots of Scrabs howling from behind him and running in his direction, so he got up scrambled as high as he could to get away from them, as they passed he was watching them weave in and out of the trees and jumping over fallen branches, he saw one scrab fall over and get trampled by other scrabs behind it. As the last scrab passed he watched it catching up with the others as they ran on in the distance. Straight after, a flock of birds flew from a tree top, he turned around to see if he could see anything that disturbed them, but then in the corner of his eye he noticed something shining from behind a pile of rocks, as he got closer to the shining object a few more scrabs ran passed him which made him fall on his back, as he got back up and started to get closer and closer to it, then he noticed it was a pile of full SoulStorm Brew bottles.
"There must be at least twenty bottles here." He thought to himself.
"I wonder who put them here and why?" He looked around to see if he could see anyone, but everyone was at Alfs hut celebrating. So he found a comfy spot next to the bottles and started to drink them. One by one he felt sicker and sicker but he still wanted to drink them. When they were all gone, he got up and started looking around to see if he could find anymore bottles, but because he was drunk he couldn't walk properly, then as he was looking a paramite jumped in front of him, he fell over, banged his head on a rock and got knocked out.

CHAPTER 2: THE STRANGE CAVE

When the Mud woke up, he found himself feeling as good as new, and thinking he's never felt so well. He had been unconscious for so long he didn't even have any idea what the time was, or even what day it was. Suddenly, he noticed he was inside a small cave, he got up, having no idea how he got in there, and started walking around to see if he could find a way out, but all he could see were markings on the walls of what looked like native mudokons with circles around them, elums running away from what he thought were scrabs and paramites, then another marking of something that he had never seen before. He stood there for a minute trying to think of what that marking could be of, It looked to be of some sort of a mask.
Then, he noticed a small hole in the wall just higher than he was, so he tried climbing out, but then he heard a noise from behind him, he froze, fell back down to the floor, and turned around slowly. There on the wall he noticed there was a bright light breaking through the stone, and more markings that he had never seen before started to appear and suddenly a door shape appeared. As he walked over to it, it started to open inwards and there was a mudokon there who he didn't recognise, he was the same height as him but he had all body paints on him, huge colourful feathers on his head, and something was attached to his right hand. He then noticed that the marking on the back of the door was of him, and of someone else who looked like him but was carrying something different.
"Where am I ?" He said to the strange Mudokon, but he didn't reply.
"WHERE AM I?" But as soon as he said that, someone else came from behind him, again someone who he had never seen before, but this time he was wearing a mask, the mud turned his head around and realised it was the same mask as te marking on the wall behind him that he didn't recognise. The masked guy came up to him, put his hands together and started to chant. He looked at the masked guy, then at the mud behind him.
"What's he doing?" But neither of them said nothing. Seconds later he felt something come over him, like a cold wind, and had an urge to close his eyes. As he did, he had a flash back of when he was back in the brewery, how he was taken when he was a young mud, and how he was beaten by sligs as he was slaving away, scrubbing the floors, and also of when Abe rescued him and nearly killed him with a bone grinder. Then the flash back stopped, he opened his eyes and the masked guy spoke in a really soft but strange voice.
"I now know what trouble you have been through, at SoulStorm Brewery"
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"That flash back you just had, I saw too"
"How?" He asked, with a puzzled look on his face.
"My name is Bigface, I am a shaman, healer, teacher, and some muds regard me as a miracle worker. I know everything."
"O.k then. If you know every thing, what's my name?"
"You have no name. You were snatched by the evil Glukkons when you were only young, and from then on, you were ordered around by being beaten by sligs."
He looked at Bigface in astonishment, he was lost for words.
How did I get here?"
"You were found at the bottom of a windmill by this Mudarcher here."
Bigface pointed to the mudokon with the thing on his hand.
"He was on his way to Alf's tea hut when he came across you, you were lying unconscious next to a pile of brew bottles, so he came and got me, we went as fast as we could on our elums, but when we got there you had died, so I brought you back here and I healed you."
The mudokon couldn't believe what he was hearing.
"The last thing I remember, is watching a herd of scrabs run past me, I don't remember no brew."
"Follow me, and I will tell you more." Said Bigface as he turned around and walked out the door. So the Mudokon followed him, with the Mudarcher closing the door behind him.
As the door closed, the mud looked behind him at the wall and there was no sign of the door, just more markings of something, which again he didn't know of.
As they were walking, he noticed that the markings on the wall out here, were of the same in the small cave and on the door he was just in, he still didn't know what that other mudokon is next to the mudarcher, so he stopped and asked Bigface.
"Uuummm, excuse, Bigface, but what are these markings here on the walls?"
"These three are of three powerful forces on Oddworld. This one here is of a Tomahawker, he carries a big club around with him which is made out of old bones, this one is of a Mudarcher, which is a stage up from Tomahawker, and you can see on his right hand is a spooce bow, it can fire across many distance, and the next one is of the Shrykull, Abe turned into this half Mudokon half god creature when he made it through Paramonia and Scrabania because he was the chosen one"
As soon as Bigface told him about the Shrykull, he had another flash back from back in the brewery, he remembered seeing Abe morphing into another creature, then bright flashes coming from him. The flash back stopped. The mud wondered if Bigface saw that flashback to, but he didn't say anything
"You, one day will also be able turn into a Tomahawker and then a Mudarcher when the time is right."
"How will I know when the time is right?" Said the mud.
"You'll find out." Replied Bigface. "But at the moment you haven't even got a name yet."

They carried on walking and entered the outside world. As they were walking Big Face turned to the Mud.
"From now on you shall be known as Ben."
"Ben?" Said the Mudokon.
"Yes." As he said that then, they came up to a mountain with a hill in front of it. It wasn't a big hill, but when you were on top of it you could notice the vast size of the mountain it was in front of. When they all got to the top of the hill there was a well there, the Mudarcher jumped in first.
"Go on Ben you jump in now." Said Bigface.
"Jump in there!" Exclaimed Ben.
"Yes, it is easy, just stand in front of it and jump." So Ben walked up to it, took a deep breath and jumped in.

Last edited by Nath; 02-23-2003 at 04:05 AM..
09-27-2002, 06:46 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

CHAPTER 3 THE HIDDEN VILLAGE

Seconds after Ben jumped in, he jumped back out at the other end, inside a big cave, next to him there was the Mudarcher, then seconds later again Bigface appeared next to him. in front of the three of them there were more Mudokons, lots of Mudokons, and not just native ones, but there were also Tomahawkers and Mudarchers, all working as a team and building what looked like a village. The village was huge, it was about half a mile long and a quarter of a mile wide. The roof was about one hundred feet high as well, and the light was coming in through a huge window at the top, but it was the kind of window that if you were at the top of the mountain you wouldn't be able to see in. There were also fire sticks burning in places where the light wasn't able to reach.
As they walked further in, the Mudarcher that came in with them went off and met up with the rest of his friends, as Bigface showed Ben around.
"What is this place?" Asked Ben.
"It's a village that only Mudokons know of. We're building it under the mountain to get away from the Glukkons who keep enslaving us. We're afraid that if we keep building villages out in the open, the Glukkons will keep coming with sligs and taking the young to be slaves for them. Let me show you around more."
As Bigface was leading Ben, he was taking him around all the Mudokons huts which were pretty big, and introducing him to a few Mudokons.
"How do you get out of here then?" Said Ben curiously.
Bigface took Ben back over to the well, where they first came in, and it had an arrow in front of it pointing to the left where there was another well with the word exit in front of it. Ben jumped through the exit well followed by Bigface, and they ended up outside on the ground floor just in front of the hill they climbed up.
"What would happen if you ever did get invaded by Glukkons and sligs?"
"Well, when that does happen, we have four watch towers with Mudarchers in, we have two at one end and then two at the other end of the mountain" Bigface pointed towards where the Mudarchers are to Ben.
Suddenly the Mudarcher who was with them earlier came out from the well and asked if they wanted anything from Alfs tea hut.
"No thanks, I better be going back inside to see how things are getting on." Said Bigface.
"I wont have anything either, thanks." Replied Ben.
The Mudarcher then whistled, then an elum ran up to him, he mounted it then rode off.
"Would it be o.k if I went looking around." Asked Ben.
"Of course." Bigface then whistled for an elum. "Here, take this elum with you, if you get lost, he knows the way back." As soon as he said that then Bigface went back up the hill and jumped back in the well, then Ben went riding off. Ben went right around the mountain to see the Mudarchers for himself, and it was exactly how Bigface said, two on each end. Ben then went riding off to see if he could find another village, but all of a sudden, two sligs appeared in front of him, from behind a hill he was riding past, Ben turned around to go back the other way, but there were another two sligs behind him, then from behind the hill a Glukkon appeared with another slig, the slig went up to him and knocked Ben off the elum, then the elum ran off.

CHAPTER 4 RESCUING BEN

When Ben came around, he realised he was being dragged along the floor by two sligs, he tried to get off, but his feet and hands were tied together, so all he could do was just wait and see where they were taking him. After a few moments, he lifted up his head to see if he could see where they were going, then he noticed, they were being lead by Glukkon, they then started coming up to a big factory.

When they got to the door of the factory, the sligs dumped him then walked off to have a cigarette round the corner, Ben could see the smoke coming from the corner. Seconds later he heard gun shots, and the two sligs went flying back several feet, then another slig walked around the corner, but it was bigger than all the other sligs. It's body was much bigger, it had bigger goggles, and it was walking on four legs. As it went passed, Ben was looking at it from off the floor.
"What are ya looking at." Said the slig. But Ben said nothing.
The door Ben was next to suddenly opened, and another, normal slig, was behind it, grabbed Ben by his feet and took him into a room where he could just about see a glukkon sitting on a big chair at a desk. The slig dumped him in front of the desk untied his hands and feet and walked off. Ben got up and ran to the door to try and escape, but the slig stepped in front of him and held his shot gun to his face. Ben froze. The Glukkon from behind him then spoke, in a really deep husky voice.
"Meet Gus, he's one of my top security sligs here at this mini SoulStorm Brewery. If you try to escape, he'll blow your head right off that pathetic little body of yours. Now, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way. My personal favourite is the hard way." Ben then turned around and looked at the Glukkon.
"The easy way is to tell me right now what's in that mountain, and the hard way is not to tell me now and then having it forced outta ya. So what's it gonna be." Ben said nothing, then looked back at the slig, who still had the gun pointed at him.
"Times up shrimp, you've decided to do it the hard way. Gus, take him to Vykkers labs."
"Vykkers labs? What's that?" Asked Ben, with a frightened tone in his voice. Gus then hit Ben in the back, grabbed his feet as he fell over, and dragged him out of the room.

Back in the village, the Mudarcher came back from Alfs hut, and told Bigface that he noticed an elum wondering around on it's own, with it's saddle gear attached. With this, Bigface then had a sense that something terrible had happened to Ben, so immediately he went back outside and noticed that it was the elum that Ben had taken to ride around on. Straight away he contacted the Mudarchers who were on guard, with his special psychic chants, to be on top guard, incase of any raids
Meanwhile in the brewery, Ben was being dragged through the corridors, with the Glukkon walking next to him.
"I know there is something special about that mountain, I just don't know what it is, every time I get my sligs to go and invade it, we get ambushed by those Mudarchers in the towers, but I do know that you know what it is, and that in a few hours your gonna tell me." As the Glukkon said that, he stood still, and the slig dragged Ben through a door, and the last thing Ben heard was the sadistic laugh coming from the Glukkon, and the sound of Vykkers getting ready to operate.

Back down at the mountain, Bigface was on top of the hill in front of the mountain meditating, trying to channel his powers to find out what had happened to Ben. He awoke a few minutes later.
"Bad news." He said to the Mudarcher next to him. "He has been captured by a Glukkon and taken to the mini SoulStorm Brewery, many miles from here, and is being forced to tell him the secret of this mountain." Bigface then jumped in the well next to him to get back in the village and try to find the best natives, Tomahawkers, and Mudarchers that he has, take them to the chant circle, which was just next to the mountain, assign their position and started to chant.
The chant circle contained twelve smaller circles for the Mudokons to stand and chant. In the centre of the chant circle, there was a star shape with the corners pointing to four of the small circles. At the bottom of the circle, where the longest point of the star is pointing to, is the main chant circle and is where Big Face stands. The other three, points to three more circles, and this is where the top Mudarchers stand. The other eight circles are for the top natives and Tomahawkers.
After a few seconds of chanting, the three main Mudarchers and Bigface then stopped, whilst the other eight carried on chanting, Bigface then swapped circles with the Mudarcher at the other end of the star, then the four continue to chant.
Moments later, the Mudarcher that was standing at the main point, suddenly changed into a slig. All the Mudokons then stopped chanting, and then looked at the changed Mudarcher. Because it was still a mud on the inside and a slig on the outside it was called a smig. Bigface then walked up to the smig, and told him to track down Ben at the SoulStorm brewery and try to save him. Bigface started to chant again, but this time the smig disappeared and ended up at the main gates of the brewery. The other Mudokons, except Bigface, who went back up the hill to do more meditating, all went back into the village.

CHAPTER 5 THE UNKNOWN SLIG

Just after Bigface made the changed Mudarcher disappear, he then reappeared out side of a door at the brewery Ben was taken to. The door was locked, and next to it there was a voice activator, so the smig stepped in front of it, and there was another slig at the other end.
"Hey." It said.
"Hey." Replied the smig.
"Password."
"Do it." Said the smig in hope it would work. But seconds later the door opened. The smig walked in and scanned the area with his eyes to see if there were any other sligs, but as far as he could tell, there was nothing, so he carried on and walked down a corridor. As the smig was walking through the brewery, he noticed there were lots of scrubs cleaning the floors and getting beaten by sligs. The smig was tempted to shoot the sligs, but he knew it would jeopardise his assigned task to save Ben. Further down the corridor he saw Mudokons hung upside down in tear extractors, and more sligs walking past him. The smig walked passed a door, which he took a glance in and noticed there was map of the factory in there, and so he stopped, turned round and went in. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, but he took an interest at the head Glukkons office in the centre of the brewery. He memorised the route to the office and made his way to it.
On his way, security cameras were zooming past him and he noticed that there were a lot of sligs running towards him, the smig froze and turned around to see if there was anything happening, and he noticed that there was a fire that a tear extractor caused and the Mudokon tried to escape from it. The smig used this as an opportunity to run and get to the office as quickly as he could, but half way there he got stopped by a Glukkon.
"Hey, you." The smig stopped and turned around to the Glukkon. "what's your number?"
The smig froze, he didn't know what to say, so he made up a number.
"5......4......73. Sir."
"Right. We've had reports that there's been an unidentified slig on the premises, so keep your eyes open and your trigger finger ready."
Finally the Glukkon left and the smig started running to the head office.
When the smig got to the office there wasn't anybody in there, so he walked in and started looking through files on the desk, then he found files on Ben under brain operations. Suddenly a Glukkon came to the door of the office.
"There he is. Get him." The smig turned around and two sligs came running in and opened fire, the smig started running backwards and killed the two sligs in a few shots, and then he looked at the Glukkon and killed him. The smig grabbed the files from off the table then ran out of the room in case anybody else came in looking for him.
As he was running, he was reading the files and it said that Ben was being held in vykkers lab 7, he looked up on the walls of the corridor to see if there were any signs leading you to the labs, but there weren't. So instead the smig had to find the nearest locker room for a map and memorise the route to the labs. He got to a locker room door, he stood outside it and turned his head through the door to look for sligs, he saw one slig smoking a cigarette, and another slig reloading his gun, so then the smig ran through the door and killed the one slig that was smoking and the other slig opened fire but missed the smig, so the smig killed him in three clean blows. The smig stood still for a moment just incase another slig came running in, and then looked at the map and memorised the route to lab 7, and left the locker room being aware of any sligs lurking around for him.

Last edited by Nath; 02-23-2003 at 05:15 AM..
09-29-2002, 03:02 AM
Stripe
Bolamite

: Jun 2002
: Maryland
: 55
Stripe  (10)
What a concept!

A Mudokon (Ok, Mudarcher) being changed into a slig!! Would
LOVE to see one's reaction on being turned into a Glukkon!
Keep going! The Smig is almost to Lab #7!! You can't quit now!
09-29-2002, 12:57 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

Thanks stripe for replying. Mmmmm a mud changing into a Glukkon, that's a good idea i never thought of that. But anyway here's the next two chapters

CHAPTER 6 THE DANGERS OF A LAB

A while after leaving the locker room without bumping into any sligs, he found his way to lab 7, he walked up to the door and opened it using the voice activator, he was about to walk in when more gun shots were fired from behind him, he turned around and he saw three sligs running towards him and shooting at him. The smig walked backwards through the door sending rounds of ammo back at the sligs, but not quite killing them, then he shut the door and stood next to it ready for the sligs to open it and walk through, and as they did so, he opened fire on them and killed them straight away, then shut the door again and shot the voice activator so no more sligs could get through. He then turned around and realised that he was in an operating theatre, with lots of blood over the bed, needles over the floor, and saws and scalpels on the table.
Across the other side of the room there was a door opened, so he walked over to it slowly, poked his head through the door, and saw two Vykkers operating on a Mudokon. The smig walked slowly over to them held his gun up and fired, but nothing happened, all that was happening was his gun was clicking because he had run out of bullets from killing the sligs. The vykkers heard the clicking noise from behind them, turned their heads to see, what looked like to them, a slig standing there, then the Vykkers turned completely around holding their saws, and started to walk over to the smig, the smig then threw his gun on the floor ran over to the table next to him, picked up a huge saw and chopped the vykkers arms off in one clean swipe, then stabbed them in the head with a scalpel.
When the Vykkers fell to the floor, the smig ran over to the helpless mudokon and untied him from the bed, but as soon as he did so, the mud picked up one of the saws from off the floor and stabbed the smig with it, moments later the smig changed back into a Mudarcher because all of the gun shots and the stab injured him so much that the spirits that made him change to a slig wore off.
The Mudarcher, slightly dazed looked up at the mud with a puzzled look on his face.
"You're not Ben."
"You're not a slig? Sorry, No. I'm Grem. The Vykkers captured me last week and all they've been doing to me is experimenting."
"What were they doing to you just now. You don't seem injured."
"No. That's because two days ago they done something to me that makes me not feel pain and makes me heal within a few seconds. Just now they put something inside my head, but I don't know what it is."
Just that second the Mudarcher heard Bigface speaking to him telepathically.
"You haven't got that much time left, you need to get Ben and get out of there."
"Follow me." Said the Mudarcher to the mud. They walked out of the operating theatre and into a Vykkers lounge. At that time there weren't any Vykkers in there so they had to move pretty quickly before some Vykkers did go in. They both walked into another operating theatre and the Mudarcher saw Ben lying down strapped to a bed, and so he ran over to him and untied him.
"Quickly, Ben, get up we need to get out of here." But Ben was unconscious and was barely breathing. "Grem, come here and hold Ben up for me."

Back by the outside entrance of the mountain Bigface was chanting and was taking over the Mudarchers mind and body to help get Ben out, so in the lab the Mudarcher started to chant and within seconds later Ben disappeared, and Bigface tried doing the same with Grem but suddenly four Vykkers came into the room, shot the Mudarcher in the back and tried to shoot Grem but he was moving to fast for them, then Grem picked up a blade threw it at a Vykker and it stabbed him in his eye and he fell over. Grem picked up two bigger blades, threw them and they killed two of them, then with the other Vykker, Grem stabbed a needle and injected him with a toxic fluid which made him explode.
Grem ran up to the Mudarcher, who was on the floor, and he could see that he was bleeding lots from the lower part of his back. Grem picked him up, put him on the bed, and then the gun shot wound in his back healed within seconds. The Mudarcher got up from off the bed, he could sense that Bigface was channelling his energy through him, and he started to chant, and then Grem disappeared. As the Mudarcher was about to disappear himself, then he noticed that the one Vykker started to get up, so he reloaded his spooce bow and waited for him to stand up. As he stood up the Mudarcher noticed he had a blade in his eye and so he started shooting him until he died.

CHAPTER 7 BEN'S DISCOVERY

All three of them landed outside the mountain with Bigface.
"That was a close call." Said Grem just as the Mudarcher appeared next to him.
"You can say that again." He replied as he was feeling his back where he got shot. "BEN! Where is he?"
"Here I am, and I'm feeling fine. I felt fine ever since I got teleported back here."
"That's strange, because when you were back in the lab, it looked like you were about to die or something. But when I got shot in the back by the Vykker, moments later it had healed, actually, it healed just after Grem picked me up to put me on the bed!" All three of them looked at Grem.
"Come to think about it I can just about remember somebody holding me as I was about to be teleported, and I think it must have been Grem."
"hhmmmmm." Said Bigface as he walked over to Grem. Bigface picked up a stone from off the floor and with the sharpest edge, he cut Grem's arm. As blood was trickling down Grems arm, Ben and the Mudarcher gasped, but within a few seconds the wound healed up.
"So. You have the ability to heal fast and......" With the stone he used to cut Grem, he went up to the Mudarcher and cut him on the arm, the Mudarcher tensed. Bigface gestured to Grem to touch his arm, and as he did, the wound on him healed also.
"........the ability to heal others." With saying that, Bigface put his arm around Grem, and lead him towards the well to go into the mountain.
Ben and the Mudarcher looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders and walked behind Bigface and Grem.
"Did that hurt?" Whispered Ben to the Mudarcher.
"Well, it did sting a little, but Bigface is known for doing weird stuff like that."
As Ben followed the three up the ladder to the well, he saw them all jump in then jumped in himself. Ben jumped out the other end but he noticed that it wasn't the village. He seemed to have entered some sort of wilderness. He was turning his head and seeing if he could make any sense on what had happened, but he couldn't. He turned back around to the well and jumped back in, but then just shot back out. Ben started to get worried, but he noticed a stone coming out from the ground with a paw print on it. He waled over to it slowly being aware that anything could happen, Ben put his hand on the stone and everything around him went dark and he had a vision. Bigface was standing what seemed a few feet away, and told him something very important.
"Ben, I have sent you to Paramonia to teach you the ways of the native Mudokon, then when you have learned about them, I will send you to Scrabania to teach you more ways of other tribes, after them, you will then have to go to the Almighty Raisin, and he will tell you you're future." Bigface disappeared and the darkness lifted, he looked around to see where he should go, but he went with his instincts and headed towards the forest just ahead of him.

Walking into the forest, Ben started to become very frightened as lots of paramites were running past him, he noticed that there were many stones with paw prints, but as he touched them, they fell apart, but when he touched another one further into the forest, writing and a picture appeared on it. Ben looked at the picture, and from what he could tell, was a mudokon with a stick in his hand running towards paramites which were running away from him. And the text below it said:

"Let spears help you when danger occurs.........."

Then another picture with more writing appeared:

"...........and let them help when food occurs."

And the picture with that was a paramite with a spear going through it and other muds running in.
Ben took his hand off the stone, and could see that there was a spear resting up against it, so he picked it up. He looked at the spear which was the same height as him, it was made out of solid wood, and at the tip of it was sharpened bone and was strapped onto the stick with skin. As the day went on, the sun started to set, luckily for him he hadn't run into any trouble, Ben started to get tired, as he started to yawn, another stone appeared infront of him with a well next to it, so he walked up to the stone, rested his spear up against it and put his paw on it. A picture came on it first with a mud infront of the well with his hands waving up and down, then the writing came on:

"When the night gets dark, and the mud gets tired, chant to bring up a sleeping well."

Ben took his paw off the stone turned around to see the well, he closed his eyes and started to chant, within a few seconds the well opened, and grabbing his spear he jumped in and ended up inside a small cave with a bed and a place to put his spear, so he put his spear down and went to sleep.

Last edited by Nath; 02-01-2003 at 07:02 AM..
02-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

CHAPTER 8 FINDING SCRABANIA

Ben awoke the following morning, sat up on the bed, took hold of his spear and rested up against it. Just infront of the bed there was a hole in the wall where Ben could see the entire of the forest, he could even just about see the well and the stone he used to get to the cave, he then look down and thought to himself.
"Geez, I must be about a hundred feet high. But anyways I better get going, I have to be looking for.... what's it called?....... ummmm...... oh yeah, Scrabania or something like that." Ben stood still for a few moments whilst he took in the few, then he turned around and jumped into the well and ended up back outside by the stone he read the night before. Ben took his bearings and started walking in the direction he was going before.
02-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)
Happy

This is great! Keep it up!
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

02-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

This continues from chapter 8

A few minutes into his journey he came across a bees nest, so as been as Ben felt peckish, he hid behind a bush which was next to it and tried to figure out how to get the honey out of it. Just then an elum cam wondering past him and noticed the honey itself and walked over to it and started to eat the honey that was dripping on the floor.
"This is my chance." Thought Ben. "If I can get my spear on target, the bees nest should fall onto the elum, and the bees will chase the elum away and I could get the honey for myself." So Ben lined up his spear to the bees nest, and threw it, the bees landed on the elum, the elum ran off with the bees chasing it, and Ben got up ran over to the nest, picked it up with the spear, and ran off to somewhere safe to eat the honey.
"Few, I was lucky that elum came along, or else I wouldn't have had anything."
Ben cracked the nest on a boulder next to him, and as the honey was pouring out, he held it to his mouth and drank it. When all the honey ran out, he left the nest on the floor and carried on with his journey. Ben wasn't too sure where he was going but he just carried on following his instinct, and headed for what seemed like nowhere.

Suddenly Ben came up to a stone on his path.
"At last, this is the first stone i've seen all morning." Ben put his paw on the stone and looked at the information given to him.

"Travellers beware for there are many dangers ahead."

Ben took his hand off the stone, clutched his spear, and scanned the area for dangers, but as far as he could see there weren't any. He walked on for a few minutes without coming across anything, then he could notice the edge of the forest, so he ran as fast as he could for it, and when he got out, he came to the edge of a cliff, he stopped just in time, and wondering where to go, he noticed there was a lift, Ben walked over to it, pulled on one of the cords and started going up, he went up half way up the mountain and stopped to look at the view, he then remembered about the cave he was asleep in and noticed it was sticking out of the side of the mountain. After a few minutes of gazing, he carried on going up the lift until he reached the top, and when he got to the top, infront of him was a huge herd of paramites all surrounded by a wooden fence. Ben walked up to the fence and watched the paramites run and jump around one another, and as he walked around the fence he came across another stone, he put his paw on it and it read:

"Paramites are fun to look at through a fence, but in the wild, it's suicide."

Ben let go, still having hold of his spear and walked around to the other side of the fence and walked off into the open. In the distance he could notice he was coming up to a watch tower, the same type of tower that was protecting the village back down at the mountain. As Ben got closer to the tower, he came across a stone, so he touched it:

"With sligs still roaming these parts, use the towers to track em down."
"To get in the tower jump into the well below it."

So Ben walked up to the well underneath the tower and jumped in, and when he got shot into the tower, he could notice that there were approximately five sligs walking back and forth, and in and out of a group of trees and boulders, and also another watch tower further on. After a few moments of thinking Ben worked out his plan of attack and jumped back down to the well and onto the ground. With his plan in mind and his spear in hand, he ran over to the group of trees and waited for the moment.
After a few minutes of waiting, the moment came, a slig walked into the group of trees, and using the shadow of the trees, Ben sneaked up to him, put the spear straight throught it, and before the slig could make any noise, the mud grabbed hold of the sligs mouth until it died. Ben then took the spear from out of the slig and walked behind the boulder by the trees for his next attack. After a few minutes of waiting again, a slig came from behind the boulder, noticed the mud and before it could say or do anything, Ben threw the spear right through the sligs mouth and out through his head, and pulled it back out again. So with three more sligs left, Ben walked back into the group of trees and around the boulder he just attacked from, and waited in the shadows for the other slig, as the slig came close enough, Ben through the spear through the sligs head, ran up to it, grabbed his spear and went back to the trees.
"That's three down and two to go." Ben ran to the corner of the trees and waited in the shadows and concentrated on the last two. "Now I have to get this just right, if I don't, I'm dead." As Ben watched the two sligs walk past each other, he noticed they stopped to talk with their backs to him. "This is a better time than any." So Ben ran up to the two sligs and just before they turned around, Ben put his spear right through the two of them, as they were dying, Ben ripped his spear from out of them and carried on to the next watch tower ahead of him.

Ben walked up to the watch tower and went up to the stone that was next to it and put his paw on it.

"One can be fun. Two, you better run.

Ben scratched his head and wondered what it could have meant, so he went up to the well beneath the tower and jumped in. When he got to the top of it, he could see ahead of him that there was a lone paramite, and figured out that the stone was on about paramites.
"What could be the problem with one paramite then." Ben jumped back down to the floor and when on his way into the direction of the lone paramite. As he got closer to the paramite, it was run away from him, so Ben carried on with his journey.

For a few hours, the paramite was running in front of him, and Ben started to get hungry, so he thought that he would kill the paramite and eat it, so Ben started running towards it and aiming up his spear, but suddenly another paramite came out of nowhere, he froze and they started screeching at him, then he remembered what the stone said, he turned around and started running back whilst thinking what to do. When he had an idea of what to do, Ben stopped turned to look at the paramites, aimed at one and threw his spear at it. The spear went right through the paramites mouth as it screeched, so because the one paramite died, so the other one ran off. Ben walked up to the dead paramite, took the spear out of it and ate it raw.

Whilst Ben was eating the paramite, he was looking at mounting which was ahead of him, and it had markings on it, but could bearly see them. When he had finished eating, he headed towards the markings on the mountain and tried to figure out what they were, but as he came up to it, he could notice that is was a picture of tomahawker sitting down meditating whilst still holding his club. Below the picture was a paw print on it, like the ones on the stones, so Ben put his spear up against the wall and put his paw on the paw print.
02-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

CHAPTER 9 CAN I GO HOME NOW?

Everything went dark, then suddenly Ben was back inside the village in the mountain.
"Huh? How did I get back here?" Thought Ben. "well I guess my quest is over. But I thought Bigface said I was gonna go to Scrabania." Ben looked around to see if he could find Bigface, but nothing, then he noticed Grem.
"Hey! Grem!" Shouted Ben. "Over here." But Grem didn't say anything, so Ben walked over to him and started talking. "Hey Grem, have you seen Bigface at all around here, I need to ask him something." But again Grem wasn't listening. "GREM!" As Ben called him again, he went to put his hand on his shoulder but his hand went straight through him.
"What! What's going. What's happening." Ben turned around and noticed Bigface appearing from nowhere.
"Bigface, please can I go home I don't want to do anymore of this."
"Ben, if you want to make it back here alive, you must now get through Scrabania and get back to me, then see the Almighty Raisin." Bigface then disappeared, and seconds later, so did Ben.

Ben reappeared back infront of the mountain he was at before.
"wow, that was an odd experience, but I still don't know where I'm going."
Ben, still slightly puzzled on what to do, took his spear from off the mountain side and carried on walking with the mountain to the left of him.
"So I wonder what will happen when I do end up seeing the Raisin." Thought Ben as he carried on walking.
After about an hour of walking, Ben came up to a ladder on the wall, he looked up to see how far it went, and he noticed it only went up half way,
"I wonder what's up there then, the ladder only goes half way, so there must be something up there."
Ben started to climb the ladder, and on some of the steps he was taking, they broke just as he took his foot off. Eventually he got to the top of the ladder, and all that was there was a stone.
"At last I havn't seen one of these in ages." Ben put his paw on the stone and a message came up:

"If Scrabania is what you're looking for, then look no further than this wall."

Then message went and Ben took his paw off the stone, and looked at the wall. On there, was another paw print, so he touched that and another ladder came out from the wall, Ben looked up to see how far this ladder went, and it went right to the top. When Ben got to the top of the ladder, and the hill, there was a huge forest infront of him and a well, so Ben just took a lucky guess and jumped in the well.
02-04-2003, 02:00 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Wow this story is really good keep up the good work!

Paramiteabe...