05-02-2001, 06:10 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)
ODDWORLD: Jims Oddysee

This will probably be crap but It'll hopefully improve.

My name is Jim and to just about everyone else I'm just another Mudokon Slave. For the last Two months I've been on the run from the Glukkons. I'm probably boring you already but this is my story so I may as well get on with it.
My whole life changed for good on my first day at SoulStorm Brewery, I had been moved from Rupture Farms because of the rapid dissapearance of slaves. Unfortunately I was the only Mudokon that survived the destruction of Rupture Farms, The hundredth Mud that Abe Failed to save.
On the first Day of work I was paired with an older Mud called Rob, soon we were best friends. He showed me the ropes, how to clean the rust off slig guns, how to work a floor Waxer, ECT.
A few hours passed and I began to think that working here wouldn't be so bad after all, but this was far from the truth as within the hour things were about to take a turn for the worst.

Ok that was crap! If you want me to continue please say so!

05-02-2001, 07:21 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

actually that was pretty good. keep going.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

05-03-2001, 03:50 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Thanks Dragadon, heres some more

A group of sligs stood nearby, they sounded frustrated.
"so is it true?" said one "yeah, it is" said another "we saw it on M.O.M!" said the last two. "so, Abe the famous terrorist is here in soulstorm brewery!" shouted the first.
I was shocked, I stopped working. The hammer in my hand fell and landed in a machine somewhere below me.
"what was that?" said one of the sligs, looking our way.
Then Rob noticed them.
"WWW we, er I mean I didn't do anything!" I heard myself yell.
Then I began running as fast as I could away from them.
"Hey! Jim wait up!" cried Rob who began running after me.
"Freeze!" I heard a slig shout, then "Arrgh!" as the bullets hit Rob. I could hear his footsteps, they sounded more like limping then more gunfire. This time he fell onto the floor "Run Jim!" he croaked "hurry up and get to Abe!" I don't know what happened after that but I certainly didn't hesitate to carry on running!
I could Hear footsteps of sligs now and their voices.
I could easily shake them off, I ducked under a bone saw and a few seconds later CRUNCH! perfect that left three. I ran over a pressure pad and activated an electrical wall. I heard a slig scream as he was fried! There were only two left!
The sound of my running woke up a nearby slog, I leapt over him and smiled as he devoured a slig! The last one shouted and an alarm started. I looked ahead there was just a gap then the zulag exit! I jumped the gap and the slig fell. Far away I heard Rob's dieing voice, "Jim get out of here no...!" then there was no more, just gunfire as I dived into the zulag exit.

05-04-2001, 04:08 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

It's been a day now so somebody reply!

I scrambled to my feet, I could hear someone crying. I ran forward into some shadows and tripped over an object.
"Owww!" cried a voice out of the dark.
"Who's there?" I asked. I could just about make out a pair of eyes in the dark, they were orange Mudokon eyes.
"Me?" came the voice. "Yeah, you" I said keeping on the look out for sligs.
"Oh, I'm Leo" said the crying Mud.
"listen" I said "If we go now we can escape!"
"Sorry" said Leo's voice "but I can't Walk, a slig thrashed me on his patrol! Now my leg's broken!"
"Um... Maybe I could help you?" I stated "Uhh.. Okay!" he said. I reached down for his hand, but when I touched it..
"Ewww!" It was covered in blood!
Before I could say anything else a flashing white light appeared further up and I could see Leo for the first time, his body was drenched in blood and his leg was well and truly busted. Also dead bodies of Muds littered the landscape which had previously been hidden by shadows.
I ran forward to the source of the light, it lead into a huge passage and further down was a Mudokon.

Was that worth replying to?

come on somebody reply!

05-04-2001, 04:16 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

*wry smile* Sadly, you'll probably get used to it... I think every fic writer gets "Oh-God-Is-Anyone-Reading-This-Or-Am-I-Wasting-My-Time-itis" at some point...

I think it's because it's often hard to think of a suitable reply other than "I like it" or things on a similar vein, as "I like it" usually sounds somewhat inadequate... rest assured I read everything on the forums here, near enough... Just getting replies is like getting blood out of a stone, sometimes...

05-04-2001, 05:13 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i despair about replies. that's why i started that guild thing, but it hasn't been a success. i don't mind. Teal and Mai reply to me, and others do occasionally. just be patient. if all else fails, threaten to stop writing if you don't get replies. you'd be surprised to see how many people start replying!

i have a system where i never post a chapter until someone's replied to the last one. it lets me get ahead in my writing, and gets replies.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

05-05-2001, 11:32 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I suppose its because I want kind words!
Anyway thanx for replying

The Mud was chanting. A group of birds flew together and created a huge flashing portal!
It was beautiful, then it stopped. The Mud looked at me, his lips were stitched together and he had several tattoos. Incase you haven't already guessed it was Abe, he began walking towards me.
"Hello" he said "Umm... Hello!" I said back.
"Follow me" he commanded "No" I said "you follow me" "Uh Okay!" He said. I took him to Leo. We soon saw the room, but we didn't see it as we would've liked.

Somebody Reply or I won't write!

[ May 05, 2001: Message edited by: Rich The Intern ]

05-05-2001, 01:49 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I keep getin good Ideas about the future on this so I'll do some more to get into the story.

A slig was holding his gun to Leo's head.
"Are you sure you didn't see anything?" growled the slig in a cruel voice.
"YY.y... Yes Sir!" Wimpered Leo
"you useless piece of junk!" yelled the slig.
A announcment came on the radio "Zelt please report to the executive office" came the droning sligs voice.
"what're you gonna do now?" came Leo's voice.
The slig grabbed Leo roughly, "sir I can't go with you!" said Leo again.
"Hmm... I suppose you're right" Then he drop kicked Leo into the wall. I heard his bones crack then he fell putting out his arm to stop himself, only to snap his wrist.
"Hah!" laughed Zelt and he spat right on Leo.
He left the zulag and I was left alone with Abe and the wounded Leo.
"Leo who was that?" I asked
"oh... he was Zelt, the guy who busted me up..." he managed then he fainted.

Was that Ok?
well hopefully it was!

05-05-2001, 02:03 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

what a nasty slig. Its cool though.

Spider: looks tasty...

oh no you are not going to start eating other ppls characters, get back in the RPFic where you belong!

Spider: *snort* make me

Alright then you asked for it! *goes full size*

Spider: eep *bolts, Dragadon chases*

(now back to our regularly sheduled story... )

05-05-2001, 04:27 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

keep up the cool fanfic rich its great.

05-05-2001, 08:53 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

Thats interesting, Rich. Better than i could ever write, in my stories its just talking talking talking.... Anyway, your story is great. Wait, have i said that before?

05-06-2001, 06:39 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Finally! I get some replies!
Thanks everyone!

I turned to look at Abe, if we didn't heal Leo he would soon die.
"Can you heal him?" I asked.
"Not exactly..." he said "Why not? you're the saviour for Odd's sake!" I grumbled.
"Well I suppose I could take him to Monsaic Lines" he said. I thought about this "Yeah! Bigface could heal him!" I said.
"We just have to get to a portal" said Abe.
I picked up Leo's Limp body in a firemans lift, whilst Abe lead me to a portal.
Then he chanted and the beautiful portal appeared again, Swirling and twisting.
I pushed Leo through it, "You goin' too?" he asked. I felt strange like I had to help some more Muds.
"Not yet!" I said still feeling strange.
"I'll meet you back here in three hours!" I yelled running round a corner. "I haven't finished yet!"

I like my fic!
I hope you do too! Write in and tell me!

05-06-2001, 02:57 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

*I get bored and go for a walk...* 3 hours later, Sod it! is anyone except me going in fan corner!!!????!

I headed back into the room with dead muds, Zelt the slig had left the light on and I could now see a slig body.
I searched him for I.D. that might help me get out of the godawful zulag. After a while I found a CardKey, Which I tried on a nearby door. I looked at the Muds surrounding me, it reminded me of Leo. He didn't even know my name. Then I remembered my deal with Abe and my very short time limit.
The door opened with my key into a long thin room. But before I had time to look around the door slammed shut behind me. I saw that there was no lock, the door could only be opened from the other side.
I turned round and dropped my key with surprise. There was a Mud hanging upsidedown further ahead. "Are you alright?" I asked running at him. "Yeah I'm fine" he said grumpily. I looked for a way to get him down, a lever was nearby. I pulled it and he fell on the floor, "Owww! Watch it!" he cried.
"Sorry" I said. "Who are you?" he asked getting up. "I'm Jim" I said "And you?"
"Oh I'm.....

More later, keep bringing your invisible replies!

05-07-2001, 03:55 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I promised myself to put up a new part evey day, heres more of my fic.

...Nat" he said still looking dizzy from his time hanging and the fall.
"Listen" I said "we need to get out of here!" I said "Yeah, I'm sick of Glukkons" he said Rubbing his eyes and blinking. I hadn't noticed before, but now I saw his eyes were swolen and bloodshot.
"Lead the way" he said. His voice was young, I guess that was why he had been on a Tear-X-Tractor, after all younger creatures shed more tears than older ones.
I ran back to pick up my card, It would probably be useful. At the other end of the passage there was a door, I swiped the card through the hole and the door slid open.
But as we stepped into a door a voice greeted us...

More later,

*puts on quiet begging voice* please give me some... *shouts as loud as possible* DAMN REPLIES!!

05-07-2001, 07:53 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

going good

05-11-2001, 02:13 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Thanks Dragadon by the way, did anyone have trouble with the Forums over the last three days?

Here's some more of the fic. I couldn't do my daily post thing so this post should be extra good...

I turned expecting to see a slig in the room, but I relaxed as It was only a Mud.
"Hi" I said "Umm... Yeah!" said Nat still rubbing his red eyes.
"Hello" said the Mud, he was older than me and his voice was kind.
Nat stepped in front of me "Hey!" he said "You're Blind" Then I saw the stitches over his eyes. "Yes" said the Mud "I'm blind". "How?" Nat asked eagerly. He was young and still a bit Cocky even for a mudokon. "Be quiet Nat!" I heard myself say.
Nat looked at me, I felt wierd this was the first time in my life that I had ever ordered anyone or anything around I also had a feeling it wouldn't be the last time.
"What's your name?" I asked the Blind Mudokon in a hurry. "I don't have one" he said plainly. Nat tapped me and pointed at the Mud's arm. He was chained at the wrist, they lead to a bolt in the floor. Above the chain was a large tattoo it read "Ash" On the other arm the same word was tattooed.
His skin was an ash grey colour. "Is your name Ash by any chance?" I said.

Ok It was a load of talking, how boring BUT Im introducing new characters. Oops I think I'm gonna go character crazy like Grid

*Laughs hysterically as he is going crazy*

05-12-2001, 10:40 AM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

Silversnow  (11)

This one is great, keep it up.

05-12-2001, 11:13 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Yay!!! A reply, I like replies (that's a hint!)Still thanx Silversnow, I'm starting to think you 'n' Drag are the only ones reading this. This post will mainly introduce Ash the Mud... Enjoy!

"Ash... hmm..." said the Mud "I haven't been called that in a long time" "When were you called Ash?" asked Nat "back when I could see" said Ash. "Well" I said "I'm Jim" I pointed to Nat "He's Nat" I finally pointed to Ash "And you're coming with me!"
"Sure!" said Ash "just let me out of my chains and I'll come!" I thought about this he was right, how would we release him?

shorter than I intended but I lost most of it when my computer crashed!

05-12-2001, 04:28 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Now I seem to be getting a good reply rate it's time to reveal what I am planning.
At the moment I am planning five heroes each with three fics about them. Here's what you can expect with the next hero's name thrown in!

Jim's Oddysee: our current fic
Jim's exoddus: the next fic in the series or trilogy
Slup's Oddysee: the next main fic introducing the new hero!
Slup's Exoddus: the fourth fic yet again about Slup.

I will reveal more later...

05-14-2001, 01:37 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Are you peeved with me?

I heard the worst thing possible... Slig footsteps, running at us. I pushed Nat into a corner and kicked him in the head, the only way he would have kept quiet was to be unconscious.
I looked at Ash as the footsteps drew closer, as I have already said he was older and knew the drill. He hung his head and looked upset. I looked for a hiding place......there wasn't one. As I turned three sligs appeared out of the Tear-X-tractor room. "Freeze!" cried the closest slig. They had big weapons, they looked as if they too were tying to escape. The fatal moment would soon come. Just as the slig's finger touched the trigger another slig tapped his arm. "What?" asked the slig "look, listen" said the other. I listened too and heard a scraping noise.
"It's coming from the vent!" said the third slig. The sound was aproching the vent opening mesh cover. "Don't move!" said the closest slig as he went to inspect the vent.

Please read... and write!

05-14-2001, 02:20 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

ooo suspense, i like.

Scrawny: hey the vent thing is 'posed to be my gig!

get you! You haven't even been introduced in my latest fic yet!

Scrawny: oops, yer right sorry *scampers off*

Why must i have such difficult characters?

05-14-2001, 03:50 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Yeah I like suspense too, in fact I'M in suspense and it's my fic!
I'm so hooked that I'm gonna do more now!

He stood under the mesh "no nothing there" he said as he turned to face us again the mesh and cover fell off and hit him in the back of his neck.
He was stunned, then he screamed.
I didn't know why but then a blade burst through his chest and slowly cut down his body killing him as it went through his heart. The other sligs cowered in terror as the body fell to the floor, revealing the killer.The blade which had killed the slig was the blade of a very long katana. The killer was a Mud with a very short feather. A bandana was round his head hiding his eyes. I too stepped back then a slig spoke "Who are you?" he said.

tell me what you think *awaits the return of Drag or Silver*

05-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

hmm sounds like Teenage Mutant Ninja Mudokon, only with out the 'Mutant' in it, hehe

05-15-2001, 07:50 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Hey, I'm reading it too! Sounds cool...

Rek: Hey! *points* Someone's nicked my job!

Oh, shush you. Stop invading other people's fics.

Rek: I'm not shushing! I'm being cross!

Well, go away before anyone notices you've got your skirt on again.

Rek: *howls* They're hakama! I'll get you this time, Odd-dammit!

Oops... *runs* Sorry Rich! Gotta go!!

05-15-2001, 12:58 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I just got back from school and I thought SATS were meant to be hard
Still Thanks You two.

The Mud laughed "Heh.. why do you care, but I'll tell you as you're going to die anyway!"
He turned his back a slig ran at him tearing off his bandana. The Mud didn't turn just flicked the sword back decapitating the slig.
He turned and I was shocked, his right eye was scarred straight down the centre making him blind in that eye. His arms were thick and covered in muscles. "My name is Fin, but everyone calls me..."

Oooops there's my mum I have to take a cat to the Vet, bye!!!

05-16-2001, 04:51 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

...Scar-eye!" said the Ninja Mud. THe slig gulped "How did you get out of the brig?" asked the slig. "Some normal Mudokon Bastard with tattoos let me out!" said the Mud.
The slig's life would soon end, he leapt at scar-eye who cut his face with the sword.
The slig fired his gun Scar-eye deflected every bullet with the katana, some of the bullets hit the slig. "Arrgh!" he yelled falling to one side, Scar-eye thrust his sword into the slig's pants wshocking him. As the slig was about to die he punched the katana away from the Ninja. "Oh how unfortunate!" smiled the Ninja. He grabbed his bag and bought out a small fuzzle. "Get'm!" he said and the fuzzle descended on the slig. A red cloud of blood and screams filled the room, after about ten seconds the fuzzle hopped back to Scar-eye blood running off its lips.

(oh how scary!)

05-16-2001, 05:07 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Aww, poor li'l sliggy, just doing his job... And... deflecting bullets? I'd pay good money to see that...

Rek: *leans on his blade and shrugs* Well, just let our paths cross, my friend...

Hey, you, hold that pose... *scribbles*

Rek: *rolls eyes*

Heeh, ignore my compulsive nitpicking; You're going good, Rich, keep it coming...

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: Teal ]

05-18-2001, 07:45 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

Silversnow  (11)

Aaaaaw, how cuuuute!!! Great fic, Rich. Cant wait for more.

05-19-2001, 11:51 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I hate to say this but "These Forums are just about getting on my fucking nerves! I mean they're absolute bullshit, they take ages to load, they go back in time... why did we ever get this new forum in the first place?" *looks upset and recieves cross looks from Sydney* Ok So Sydney is having problems but I had to say that.

05-20-2001, 10:20 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

This will be my longest post yet.

He picked up the sword and his bandana, which he retied round his scratched eye.
At first I was scared of the mighty warrior then I decided to ask him for help.
"Please scar-eye" I begged, worried he would carve me into odd knows what.
"Yes" he said sliding the katana into it's sheath. "Please help us! we're trying to escape!" He drew the katana "Let me help you!" he said as he charged at Ash. "No!" I cried "Jim what's happening!??!" asked Ash from behind his stitches. Nat who had just awakened closed his eyes, so did I. There was a loud snapping sound. I opened my eyes, he had cut through the chains that held Ash.
"Fucking hell!" I shouted "You just scared the hell out of me!" Scar-eye giggled
"You don't I'd really kill him do you?" he said. "No I'll save that till we get out of here, I need as many Allies as I can get in here" "He's right Jim!" said Nat "Yeah" said Ash. "Listen, If we work as a team we can survive until It's safe to get out!" said Scar-eye. "We've already been attacked by sligs..." said Nat.
"I have an Idea!" said Scar-eye.
"If we can stop the flow of sligs in here we will be safe! Here's the plan..."
We listened carefully, there were power generators on the top floor. Me, Nat and Ash were to take the lift to the top floor and destroy the generators, while scar-eye ent down in the other lift and held the fort preventing sligs from getting at us. After we had destroyed the power the slig spawners would shut down. "It's a great plan!" said Ash, me and Nat agreed.

I did more this day 'cos I won't be able to post again till Friday