: 17.

01-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
The Great Mud Gathering(News, Announcements etc.) v.2

(OOC: I've decided, as I don't do enough RP'ing I'm going to RP all of my notices and stuff, you don't have to join in though)

Just past Alf's Rehab and tea, lay a great meeting place, almost totally surrounded by trees and rocks. This meeting place was used by mudokons for all sorts of things, plays, shows, and announcments from the council. One dark night, when all the local Roleplaying Mudokons had gathered, a tall, slightly overweight Mudokon stood upon the stage, he had three red featheres tucked inside a bandanna he wore around his head.

The Mudokon stepped forward, from this part of the stage he could hear nearly everyone of the mudokons out there. Slowly the noise of the crowd became quieter, and quieter. When the noise had reached a stage so quiet, you could hear a slurg belch out it's mildew dinner.

**actual stuff starts here for all you lazy people**

"Greetings Friends, I am hobo (notice the small h) and am here to Welcome you to the New look (yet again) RPG forums, that should be up and running within a fortnight. Following popular advice from my fellow forumites at the temporary forums ( http://pub177.ezboard.com/fowforums...opicID=36.topic for all you people who missed the move) I am going to be changing a few things, to start off the old main RPG is gone, and I will be (slowly) closing all of the related threads. They are gone people get over it...."

The crowd clapped viciously at this announcement for it was know through all of oddworld that the main RPG was an evil thing, and thanks to hobo, and his Elite RPG comrads it shall never return to the lands of the RPG forum in the form it was.

"I will be needing help setting up the different 'domains' that PA suggested, so anyone with an idea for an area just Pm me, and if I like it, then I'll let you make it, and if you want you can become the 'overlord' of it, An overlord is a person, who aswell as running a character, sometimes posts different scenario's in the threads every so often."

A voice shouted from the cround " Give us an example you vague Bastich!

"Ok then, let's say that on the day the thread 'Rupture Farms: Stockyards' Opens, and say for example, my good friend Alf is the overlord of it, every so often he would post describing what's happening, such as:

"**SCENE**
There is a strong wind from the south over the stockyards, the skies are a dark grey colour, and it looks like a storm is coming, there are four sligs guarding the main enterance, and another feeding a scarb in a pen."

And so the 'overlord' can set up different scenes like mysteries, people being chased by security, and so forth.

That concludes todays speech, as I am the forgetfull type I have probably left something out, oh yes, I will start making the new threads apon three positive replies to the poll"

The crowd rose to a standing ovation, hobo left the stage, and turned to his friend Alf.

"Jesus Christ, they were awful tonight, make mine a double shot of palm brew....."
01-13-2004, 06:35 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Lovely speech Hobo glad to see you considering that idea. lovely anyway can we jump between threads? I like to be able to develop a new character and have this character evolve as it explores Oddworld.

I will PM u some of my personal new ideas I have for an envirorments and certain characters that live in this new Oddworld envirorment. Ill do it in the next few days I am too lazy right now.hehe

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 01-13-2004 at 06:42 PM..
01-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Yeah, jump all you like.... I'll make a few threads, and I'll be the main overlord until people offer to become them.

Oh yeah, if you're an overlord I'll edit your name into the title of the thread...
01-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

(OOC: Oh yeah, stick any characters in here, template is as follows:

Name:
Species: (Any of the main oddworld types, PM me if you want to use a custom species)
Brief History:
Physical Description:

There are no real limits on what you can do, but if you start ruining it, I'll yell at you. Any questions PM me

Anyway, here am I:

Name:hobo
Species: Mudokon
Brief History: Over his life he has worked his way up to the Shaman of his tribe, he is adept with the Spoocebow, and he knows limited basic magic.
Physical Description: He is a tall Mudokon with a slight gut. He always wears a black bandanna with three red feathers in.
01-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Whoo! Triple Post! You are an Overlord, not your character, incase they have the same name like mine does
01-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Quad Post! I've got a few threads up feel free to start, but I will be adding more. Remember, what you do is up to you!
01-14-2004, 08:39 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Reusing old names is fun....;)

Name: Chris
Species:Slig
Brief History: Chris is the lazy and unmotivated security guard at Rupture Farm's Stockyards. He has a great aim and it's almost impossible for any slave or animal to try and escape--but if he misses; run fast-- he'll have to reload his rifle!

Chris has worked all his life at the Stockyards--excluding the short training at the Slig Barracks. He likes to snooze, gamble, smoke and party(whenever that's possible...O_o;; ).

Physical Description: Almost like a standard slig-- except for his long, bony fingers and bright blue eyes. He wears the same kind of mask as the flying sligs. As told before, he's weapon of choice is an old WW2 sniper rifle--which has a great range and accuracy. The only downside is that Chris has to reload the rifle after every shot, making him useless in close combat.

Hurray... so... now I just go and post at the Stockyards... riiight?

...oh and hobo... I find you avatar very... enchanting^___^!
A red 'n' black picture of Ché... It reminds me of this very special guy--erm--person...
I like it... *giggles*

Last edited by The Red Muse; 01-14-2004 at 08:43 AM..
01-15-2004, 02:12 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Ahem! As it obvously hasn't bvecome obvoius, some people (IE: Me) did NOT have acess to the temp forums! This is very annoying, as some of us will have had ideas that we were not able to post!
I, actualy, didn't have any ideas, but other people might have, and I quite like the new idea.

01-15-2004, 03:53 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Name- Blarg

Gender- Male

age- ancient

Species- Loken

Brief History- Born in the early primordial days of Oddworld on the remote continent of Lok. Blarg was born into the royal family of the Lokens. He was destined to become future ruler of his Continent until disaster came when his continent was overcome by the sea and lost forever. Blarg is the last Loken in existence. His father Bleeg was a prosperous king whome ruled with a just hand. But when the disaster happened in prehistoric Oddworld Bleeg saved Blarg from drowning in the sea by placeing him in a large shell and sent it out to sea in hopes it would be found. The Lokens and the rest of prehistoric Oddworld was destroyed and whiped out by a comet crashing in the seas of Oddworld. All knowledge of races in prehistoric Oddworld became legond for 2 and half thousand years after this long period all knowledge of prehistoric Oddworld was lost.

Blarg continued to drift across the sea for these thousands of years until chance came and he ended up on the shores of Mudos. At the time Mudos was just beginning because of the result of the prehistoric disaster and Blarg was merely a young larva child and he dident have any memory of Lok. He wondered into the lands of Scrabania where he would live his long Loken life in the caves learning in primative ways. Lokens have unusial long lasting lives. A typical Loken life lasts for 900 million years.

Blarg lived in these caves with no memory of his lost race and who he really is. Until new chance came and thus was discovered by the Mudokons in the days of the Magog cartel. Now Blarg wonders Oddworld seeking out his place in the world of odd. He settled in a strange hidden valley that he named Paramite Valley filled with unusial creatures on an un named Island off of Mudos.

Description- A five foot insectoid creature with insect like wings. He can hover about and is accampanied by an ancient artifect known to him as an orb of power. Its his sort of mentor. An orb of power allows Blarg to teleport where ever he wants to go. It also acts like a small ship made of infinate space within a small round sphere. Blarg can talk to it and the orb will talk back. Not knowing this but the orb was crafted by the Lokens since they were a race of extreme advances. The orb washed up on shore one day and he kept it since. He is always mocked at by his orb and he sees it as a curse but lives with it.

As a Loken he has the ability to create elements of Nature like water, fire etc.
The Lokens were a nature creating race. All prehistoric races of Oddworld relied on Lokens with their element and teleporting powers to protect the enviroments and to create new ones. Blarg can be selfish and use his powers acwardly.

(Hobo can you create a thread called Paramite Valley? I want to be like the overlord of this small valley. Out of the valley I am going to produce my new characters. They are also last members their races with extremly long lives like Blarg that were too orphaned during the disaster and are members of prehistoric Oddworld races that belong to a family governed by Blarg.) Thanks.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 01-15-2004 at 04:40 AM..
01-15-2004, 05:02 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Yay, good to see Muse is back... good work everyone, I need more areas to make, any ideas?

Also I need some 'overlords' PM me with where you want to overlord and I'll probably say yes.
01-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

I thought I should post my hobo-aproved characters here for future referance.

Name: HSH
Species: Paramite
Brief History: HSH is an abnormaly intelligent Paramite, but mainly hid the abnomaly until he was caught and shiped off to th new rupture farms, where he eventualy, with another smart paramite (the're rare, but he's not the only one) called Xene and a paramite/scrab hybrid called Exalmex led a paramite revolt and escaped.
Physical features: He is indistinguishable from a normal paramite unless the observer is wildlife or is a native or industrialist who is trained to know, but is a little weaker and smaller than a normal paramite.

Name: Exalmex
Species: Paramite/Scrab Hybrid
Brief history: Made by a Vykker called Maylar as a soldier, he was the first succesfull test for a mindless fighter. Instead, he is about as smart as a mud and one-of-a-kind. He escaped, and went on a quest that would alow him to most aid his pre-prosesed races. Read about it in my fan fic Exalmex.
Physical features: He has an enlarged paramite body as legs, and where a paramite head would be a scrab torso protudes verticaly. He has Shrykull-style arms, a scrab neck and a paramite head stuck on horisontaly, complete with a modified slig mask. He has a scar looking like a crude scrab on his chest, and is often seen with a paramite web sack and paramite web necklace.

01-16-2004, 02:57 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Name: Kuj
Species: Mudokon
Brief History: Well, Kuj is a small, fat mudokon that was always getting picked on. He decided to take matters into his own hands and journeyed to Necrum to ask the Shamans a small favor. The Shamans knew that Kuj was coming. They said it was his destiny to find some amazing power...thing. All Kuj wanted was a way to change his outward appearance. He was just going to ask the Shamans if he could could get a cool mask like Bigface, which you needed to be a Shaman in order to get. Well, Kuj got more than he bargained for. He was sent by the Shamans to a mystical temple where, after much trials, he found the power of transformation. Yes, Kuj became a shapeshifter. He was given special instruction to find Abe and pass the power onto him. He's looking for Abe as we speak.
Physical Description: Very short and chubby. Now that he's a shapshifter, he usually is seen in the form of a Meech.
Special Powers: Shapeshifting.

-oddguy

01-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Yay another Reply I couldn't be bother to format into my writing.....

New Character:

Name: Tyrone
Species: Slig
Brief History: Born. Trained. Put Into Action. No crap inbetween
Physical Description: Tyrone is just a bog standard worker at Rupture farms, one visor, one set of pants, one gun, one hell of an ugly face.
01-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Old characters die hard.

Name: Dernamen
Race: Mudokon
Brief history: Not much to say here, really.
Physical description: Thin, tall, Red Hair, and Green body paint on a paler than normal skin.

01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Abe-gun
Thudslug

: Dec 2001
: Orlando (moved from britian)
: 193
Abe-gun  (10)

Name: Chris
Race: Mudokuns

Disapointed of having an evil mud skull screaming at evryone on the birthday that he can finally drink on and on the same day having the same skull kill his mom, he vowes, for his mother, to join every war possible that has to do with that damn skull.

Phys bio: Tall, thin, big, buff; he's whatever you want to call him. But be nice about your names, or he wont be pretty anymore. He has dark-oceanblue eyes, and has purple-skin and green-feathers.

03-01-2004, 07:20 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Muse has contacted me to say that she is unable to access the forums at the moment, and she asked me to tell you all this.

Yes.
06-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hii alll off yoo. I amm quittting bcaussee I hatt yu alll. [/PA]

I tire of this forum. *gives to Henna* Have fun. I'll join in if I can still be bothered.

Now...

*takes over OT in the name of Rangarr!*
06-05-2004, 03:33 PM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

that was......werid

Whats stopping you?

06-06-2004, 04:55 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Hobo what the hell wrong with you? Maybe because we are very busy people who can't do RPG's 24 hours a day 7 days a week this board isn't active. Why the hell you have to be so ****ing libral about it? What do you want us to do stay on the forums write RPG's every single day of the week? Guess what Hobo I am lazy I don't want to write an RPG every single day of the week. Your just in a slow time. If you be a little patient your RPG board will get active. You have to remember we are busy people with busy life styals we will get to it when we can. And if its going to be like this then so be it because we are not going to devote our entire time to RPG. There is no solution to your slow problem Hobo your just going to have to live with it its called life live with it!

06-06-2004, 05:15 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

:
What do you want us to do stay on the forums write RPG's every single day of the week?
No, he didnt say that.

:
Guess what Hobo I am lazy I don't want to write an RPG every single day of the week.
And he doesnt want you to write in any of his threads either.

:
You have to remember we are busy people with busy life styals
Yeah, like going to church. *Styles

:
because we are not going to devote our entire time to RPG.
And who the fuck would?

:
There is no solution to your slow problem Hobo your just going to have to live with it its called life live with it!
He gave you an angry Fuzzle CJ, dont take that kind of abuse!

06-06-2004, 05:42 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Yeah. Shutup PA.
06-06-2004, 06:16 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Ooh I am very scared now you just told me to shut up I tremble with fear!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 06-06-2004 at 06:35 AM..
06-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Once more and I'll give you a warning for spamming in my forum. now stop it.
06-06-2004, 06:23 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Look I see where this is going so Ill just leave it at that. This is rather a pointless debate here I am sorry dude. I just don't think you should quit RPG like that mann. If you like lets just forget and make up. On another note though Hobo you need to find something new to boost RPG. An add on of some type. But I dunno.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 06-06-2004 at 06:34 AM..
06-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Sorry, it's Muse's RPG now...

*runs off*
06-06-2004, 10:32 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

:
.:[Breathe in deep and cleanse away our sins, And we'll pray that there's no God To punish us and make a fuss]:.
Oooh, Muse-ish
*was thinking to put the same thing on her sig*

Anyways, settle down lads...
We don't want a huge arguement now do we?

Pipe down y'all!

*is tipsy*

06-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Why Not!

Name:Jacob
Species:Glukkon
Carries:A sigar in mouth,(Duh)
Hobbie:Gambling,Making bets that he can start a factory faster than you,yelling at emploeys that don't work faster, and buying stuff.

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

06-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

In with a new mod comes new ideas! Maybe the RPG forum will come back to life!

06-06-2004, 11:18 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

:
In with a new mod comes new ideas! Maybe the RPG forum will come back to life!
Do share your ideas...!

06-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

It'll start up for a bit like it did whehn I joined. It'll die eventually. But Henna, want a new main RPG or anything setting up, or just want to discuss ideas give us a call *thumbs up*