05-19-2004, 12:22 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: North East England
: 479
ClaireBear  (10)
Calling all habitual spammers!

If like me you have a problem with not spamming up someone elses carefully crafted thread... then this is THE thread for you....

Basically... if you get an "almost" warning for spamming, or you know you've stepped into the realm of spam like banter... or if you want to post but none of the current thread titles are relevant and you're too scared to start a new thread because its just not important enough... then stick it in here!

I'm talking about things like...

"I have just bought some new trainers... they are cool"

"Do you like my cat? (Not in the pet thread!)"

"I feel like crap I just wanna swear... alot!"

"Look at the weather!"

"Is belly button fluff normal?"

"Hello look at me I need attention!"

"Random 'Batty Boy' speak" (Death!!!)

etc etc etc!

If this gets too long the mods can bury it... but don't worry! I'll do another!

Pleeeeaaaase! Don't lock this! I think this thread will be a valuable "self help" tool for us spammers!

Enjoy....
05-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Uh... I don't think that that is the idea of spammers getting warned. It tends to take up space in the forums, and may be used to up somebody's post count. I see the ends, but the means is probably useless.

05-19-2004, 01:06 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
Uh... I don't think that that is the idea of spammers getting warned. It tends to take up space in the forums, and may be used to up somebody's post count. I see the ends, but the means is probably useless.
Yeees! But people having a large number of posts is actually irrelevant... unless there's a free beer system going here that I'm unaware of!

Yeees! It takes up space on forums but.. it can induce humour and keep th tone of a very heavy thread topic light! And so what!?

Most people will search this forum for OW helps etc so they should be searching those boards not the off-topic... an off-topic board on a specific forum such as OW... IS FRICKIN SPAM! innit!?
05-19-2004, 02:23 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

This, in my opinion, is worthy of an entire individual subforum for getting chit-chat and banter out of the system.

Good call Clairebear, it's nice to see people with a desire to take good care of our forums. Keep it up.
05-19-2004, 02:56 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

Post count should be irrelevant, it should be quality, not quantity.

That being said - I have pretty shoes on today.
05-19-2004, 03:11 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
Post count should be irrelevant, it should be quality, not quantity.

That being said - I have pretty shoes on today.
Oooooh! What kind? I love shoes!!!!!!

Do describe!

*CB blushes then smiles with pride* Thanks Death

I knew I wasn't totally insane... just more often than not!

Last edited by ClaireBear; 05-19-2004 at 03:15 AM..
05-19-2004, 03:15 AM
Di$array
Fuzzle

: Dec 2003
: Newcastle, England
: 100
Di$array  (10)

clairebear does have a point there is alot of Irrelevant crap that has been posted

05-19-2004, 03:18 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
clairebear does have a point there is alot of Irrelevant crap that has been posted
Which I don't actually mind... hense this thread... to kinda herd it together and keep it where it belongs... in the SPAM THREAD!

Stay tuned for my long lengthy ramblings of bugger all... coming soon to a SPAM THREAD near you!
05-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

Fuzzles!  (10)

:
Oooooh! What kind? I love shoes!!!!!!

Do describe!
They're red heels, all open, with 4 skinny straps that come from each side at different points and then tie in the middle just above my toes. Very adorable, I've gotten a ton of compliments on them at work today and it's only 9:20.

I too am a fan of shoes!
05-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Hmmm. This thread could work, provided you keep banter here, and away from other threads. Yes.
05-19-2004, 03:51 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
They're red heels, all open, with 4 skinny straps that come from each side at different points and then tie in the middle just above my toes. Very adorable, I've gotten a ton of compliments on them at work today and it's only 9:20.

I too am a fan of shoes!

Oooooh! Sexy! I lurve shoes too!

Yesterday I had red pointed toe stiletto courts on with matching red bag... today I'm more understated... black square toe mule with a heel strap of thick chunky chain and a chunky studded buckle over thetop of the foot... quite Goth actually!

I live for shoes they're great! When you're having a bad shopping experience and cant "fit" into any clothes... shoes are always in your size!!!

EDIT: From the "What do you look like thread"

I had a boyfriend who had the most gorgeous wavey thick hair (Men always have gorgeous hair... I think its the testosterone!) but he hated it... like you Hobo only his was a bit longer.. so much that if we were going out he made me straighten it with my straightening tongs!!! One night we were out and it started to rain...as we were walking between pubs... rain + straightended wavey hair = curls... he was very surprised when i stopped him and gave him a soft delicate kiss... "What was that for?.. it was very nice" My reply "Because I have never relised just how sexy you and your curly hair can be"

Needless to say he straghtened no more!!!

Was that nausia inducing or what!?!

Last edited by ClaireBear; 05-19-2004 at 04:03 AM..
05-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

Fuzzles!  (10)

Aaah both pairs sound lovely!!!! Yes I have a red beaded wristband on today, the shoes and the bracelet are my punch of colour to an otherwise fairly casual outfit.

Change your shoes and you change the outfit!!!

:
I had a boyfriend who had the most gorgeous wavey thick hair (Men always have gorgeous hair... I think its the testosterone!) but he hated it... like you Hobo only his was a bit longer.. so much that if we were going out he made me straighten it with my straightening tongs!!! One night we were out and it started to rain...as we were walking between pubs... rain + straightended wavey hair = curls... he was very surprised when i stopped him and gave him a soft delicate kiss... "What was that for?.. it was very nice" My reply "Because I have never relised just how sexy you and your curly hair can be"

Needless to say he straghtened no more!!!

Was that nausia inducing or what!?!
EDIT - I think this is an adorable story!!! Coming from someone who tames her wild waves every single day with a blowdryer and a ceramic straigtener, I can really relate. Rain can be my worst enemy. Yet it's when I've been caught in the rain that people compliment my hair the most. Well first they are shocked because I do such a great job straightening it. Then they tell me I'm lucky for the waves. Still straighten it though!

Perhaps if someone special told me as you did to your honey how wonderful the au natural look was, I'd leave it more!

Last edited by Fuzzles!; 05-19-2004 at 04:09 AM..
05-19-2004, 04:54 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
Perhaps if someone special told me as you did to your honey how wonderful the au natural look was, I'd leave it more!
Well... he ain't my honey no more... he wasn't that sweet!!!!!
05-19-2004, 05:24 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

Fuzzles!  (10)

:
Well... he ain't my honey no more... he wasn't that sweet!!!!!
Haha they rarely are!!! Same could be said for us too of course!
05-19-2004, 05:53 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

Red beaded wristband... isn't that something to do with... the Kabbalah faith? Been lots about it on the news lately, apparantly it's quite popular among celebs (it's one of those pathetic "in" religions, like christianity after The Passion)
05-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

I got some shoes in the mail (Chuck Taylor's, Flag Design) from my mom and I swore I'd never wear them. Obviously I broke that and now I wear them every day. Only downside is that they look like clown shoes since they're so freaking big. Size 13 1/2 in Chuck's is pretty large. The first time I wore them I kept on winning with rags in poker. It was ridiculous, I won about 5 bucks just for having a shitty two pair hand!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

05-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Shoes? Buying NEW shoes? When was the last time i did that? About a year ago? I never buy clothing when I don't need em...

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

05-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

Fuzzles!  (10)

:
Red beaded wristband... isn't that something to do with... the Kabbalah faith? Been lots about it on the news lately, apparantly it's quite popular among celebs (it's one of those pathetic "in" religions, like christianity after The Passion)
Ack are you serious? Well I have had this piece for quite a while, 5 or 6 years. It has little dangly beads where the clasp is and it's about an inch wide. All different shapes and textures of beads wrapping round my wrist. I really like it.
05-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Shoes? Buying NEW shoes? When was the last time i did that? About a year ago? I never buy clothing when I don't need em...
Women need new shoes as their tastes and looks change. Makes sense really, since the first thing somebody looks at is your face, and the second thing they look at is your shoes. If one doesn't match the other then you're gunna look stupid.
05-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Then I guese I look stupid :P.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

05-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

Fuzzles!  (10)

:
Women need new shoes as their tastes and looks change. Makes sense really, since the first thing somebody looks at is your face, and the second thing they look at is your shoes. If one doesn't match the other then you're gunna look stupid.
Well put Death!

Well Havoc I don't think it's the same though for men, I mean the shoes have to look good and all.

But for women, shoes are an accessory. Like a bracelet or a purse. They change with the mood and the outfit. I could have worn black or beige shoes with this outfit but I felt I wanted to stand out and the red just make them pop. It's all about how a woman feels that day when she's getting dressed.

A fabulous pair of sexy shoes can make you feel like a million bucks. Funny I know but it's SO true. That's why a woman can never have too many shoes!!!!
05-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

Yay, I get to leave school on Friday at 2pm forever.
Except those GCSE for odd hours...
and them 2 years of A-levels...
well, I get a big summer holiday, from Friday until September! yay!

05-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

Fuzzles!  (10)

:
Yay, I get to leave school on Friday at 2pm forever.
Except those GCSE for odd hours...
and them 2 years of A-levels...
well, I get a big summer holiday, from Friday until September! yay!
Aaah congrats on your long summer Esus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is indeed something to celebrate!
05-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Red bracelet: only counts if it is plain red wool, supposedly it has been wrapped around the Tomb of Rachel just outside of Bethlehem. I supposedly because you have to wonder sometimes when a one-legged beggar in the centre of Jerusalem gives you a length of wool for giving him two shekel you have to wonder how he got it. Did he hop all the way there and back? (though I have one friend who thinks that he has a small gas-powered time machine and has the ability to be in two places at once).

BTW Celebrity Kabbalah is bullshit promoted by corrupt 'Rabbis' who want to make a quick buck out of gullible millionaires. Real Kabbalah is a difficult, lifechanging experience that can only be performed with completly following the ORTHODOX Jewish lifestyle (I'm talking praying 3 times a day, eating only kosher food, doing shit-all on Saturday etc etc)

Anyone else got a myth about Judiasm you want cleared up ?(eg the one about how we wear a skullcap to hide our horns)

Oh, and ClaireBear, if you want to know why we get belly button fluff, visit this site: http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/lint/default.htm

Its the website of an Australian celebrity scientist called Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki who did a study on why we get belly button fluff and why it is mostly blue!

Last edited by Nate; 05-19-2004 at 12:59 PM..
05-19-2004, 01:59 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Good idea, CB. I'd actually had an idea kinda like this one. It was going to be called either "The Random Conversation Thread" or "Off-Topic Thread" where the conversation could flow and go off-topic without people getting nasty about it. I never got around to it though. 'Twas affraid I'd be chased with torches out of these forums.

-oddguy

05-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

I dunno...this is a good idea, but it all depends on where it goes.

My banter:

I just had the formal last Saturday. It's basically our school's attempt at prom, since freshmen stay at junior high, not high school. It was alright, our school tried really hard to make it nice.

Spent about half the dance waiting in the goddamn line for pictures. Danced...twice. That's right, twice.

I swear, she had her whole entire family at her house, all armed with cameras. I look SO confused in the pictures...I didn't know which of the 6 cameras to look at.

But it was pretty fun. We all went minigolfing afterwards.

05-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I have a superb pair of Deerstag shoes I love to death. Good ol' leather. It's about time for me to polish them again, as a matter of fact. I also have a damn nice pair of Rockport walking sandals, that are, more or less, my Deerstags in sandal form. I also love them to death.
05-19-2004, 07:47 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

:

My banter:

I just had the formal last Saturday. It's basically our school's attempt at prom, since freshmen stay at junior high, not high school. It was alright, our school tried really hard to make it nice.

Spent about half the dance waiting in the goddamn line for pictures. Danced...twice. That's right, twice.

I swear, she had her whole entire family at her house, all armed with cameras. I look SO confused in the pictures...I didn't know which of the 6 cameras to look at.

But it was pretty fun. We all went minigolfing afterwards.
I get what ya mean, Mac. I went to Prom with a group of 3 couples including myself. Not only did we stop by each individuals' house to take pictures, but even some of their relatives houses. Yeah, and I was confused because so many cameras were going off at once I didn't know where to look.

Then we had to wait in line for an hour or so to get 'offical' Prom pictures.

Then it was off to dinner at a nice mexican place that I chose. Everybody liked it, so I was the man.

Then the actual Prom was so crowded that you pretty much had to dance around your table because it was such an effort to out on the dance floor with the bumpers and grinders.

Once the school develops the pics, I'll post 'em.

-oddguy

-oddguy

05-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

Nate, what purpose does the skullcap serve? Did it enter the religion purely and simply as a symbol or did it originally have some kind of function?
05-19-2004, 09:26 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

I have to say this is going well...

SHOES! Whether you're male or female they're an important part of how other people judge you as a person! GO BUY SHOES PEOPLE!

END OF EXAMS! I remember when... No! Seriously Congrats guys! ... I'd recommend you spend some time celebrating but I'd also recommend that if you're gonna do A'levels next year... find out if theres a reading list and start to work through it... I'm talking from experience here guys... walking into the first Eng Lit lesson and hearing "Now turn to Page 203 of you PREREAD! listed text" Aaaaaaaaargh! Me: "What frickin book!?!" Not good!

If you're finishing your A's then real Congrats... your A levels are so much more difficult and stressful than a degree course honestly... I know! Before Uni I would recommend you get a summer job... you'll need all the help in the cash department you can get in Freshers week (as YES! all the rumours ARE true!) and beyond.

Check out local FE colleges (Your college) for part time admin enrolment jobs... retail for summer sale staff (Next and RiverIsland do for sure... or your local department store... If you live next to a Fenwick I know that they take on casual summer staff you have to be 18 though!

This'll give you money but also something great to talk about, impress peops with and make friends but if you've worked in a chain store... when you've maxed your overdraft you can get your old boss to get you a saturday job in your uni town!!!

PROMS: Another thing that makes people feel the need to grow up and shag way too early in life! It scares the bajeebers out of me when I hear of people robbing "children/minors/teens" of their childhood! I've only had one prom... I was 18 at the time... The prom idea is slowly crossing the pond and becoming very popular here in Blighty... I wore a long chiffon silk black dress with a cowl neck satin shoe string straps and a matching wrap... the dress was pretty see-through actually (What was I thinking? Especially when i desided against a bra!!!) but I was still in my "Goth/skater chick stage"

I didn't have a date... that part of the prom thing hadn't quite made it in my day... thank God... but i did end up kissing a lad I'd fancied for ages from afar.. (Afar being once a week when the lads from the brother school 6th from to my all girl school 6th form came across to us for Spanish!) but he ended up using and abusing me for weeks after... he kissed and told on numerous occasions... basically he didn't know that bragging to your mates may impress the blokes but it doesn't impress the ladies! (He's the curly boyf BTW!)

RELIGION: I should as a qualified primary teacher and once did know what the significance of the skull cap is in the Jewish faith... so if anyone knows I'd love someone to refresh my memory!

Last edited by ClaireBear; 05-19-2004 at 09:37 PM..