Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)
People on welfare--the good and the bad

My friend was just telling me about how this horroible girl that hangs around her has this mother who is the absolute essence of american trash. She has both the persobality traits of a tick and also the physical traits. She is like jabba the Hut on legs, *shudders* she is horrible. Where welfare comes into pay is that she has been living on welfare (the mother) for some time. Even though I am strictly democratic in this coutnry, I feel that she is what the Nazis would call "useless eaters." People who are gluttonous, lazy bastards who contribute nothing to society. She is the perfect case and has been giving my friends' mother a lot of crap lately.

So what do you think? Is welfare the best idea in situationslike this? Is mental therapy needed afterwards for people like Mrs. Tick?

12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

I think we should castrate all the fat, ugly and black people and send them on their own personal island.

To the gas chambers!

12-04-2005, 05:58 PM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

I believe in welfare because I think starving people, especially children = bad.

It'd be nice to give these people some sort of therapy to better their mental conditions and increase the chances of their being able to make a good life for themselves, but that would require even more money and other complications.

12-05-2005, 01:31 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

The only problem I see with welfare is the fact it can be easy to become dependant on. Some people have no choice, but others stay on it when it's not vital to do so, breeding laziness. Welfare should be used to help people get back on their feet...not keep them off of them.

-oddguy

12-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Which is why it should be cut off if they're not looking for work.

Unless it's benefits for injuries or something that would keep you out of the workforce.

12-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

:
Unless it's benefits for injuries or something that would keep you out of the workforce.
The only danger in that is you'll get people who fake injuries to get the benefits. I think welfare is OK for those who geniunely are unable to work or are jobless but looking for jobs, but it should be kept away from fraudsters and the sort of lazy, grotesque people who can't be bothered looking for a job. Disabled people should have it, and if the disability is a mental one they should get counselling and therapy. People who are looking for work but are unsuccessful deserve it until they get a job. People who sit back and relax because they're getting another welfare check so don't need to work should get cut off. For life-Abuse the system and you lose the system ,I say.

Also, SM's gas-out suggesstion could be seriously be useful, if done with the criminals. When I say criminals, I mean ones like murderers, not the kind who get nicked for pinching a handbag or something. Rapists, murderers, mass murderers, terrorists etc. should die, or at least be given minimum cost living conditions. Sure it's almost Nazi-like, and you can say it is inhumane, but surely killing another person for no reason or commiting genocide or rape are also inhumane actions. That way the taxes that go to keeping them alive and healthy can be better distributed around, allowing a bigger influx of cash into the economy and thus giving people more money to get a foothold with and find jobs. And reducing taxes for taxpayers.
Trust me on that, we're covering ecomony at school- boring as hell but useful.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

There's more to life than "making a contribution to society". I don't even SUBSCRIBE to "society". I've removed myself from it, I don't like it, I didn't choose to be a part of it and I certainly don't want to obey it or do it any favours. Does that mean I should cancel my future breathing appointments?

No of course not. One person's enemy is the next person's martyr... and who is to say which person is correct?
12-07-2005, 05:27 AM
OANST
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

: Jun 2003
: Them dark fucking woods
: 12,320
OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

The only problem with that is if you refuse to take part in society then you lose the right to speak out or be upset by what this society decides. You have to participate if you wish to make a difference.

My bowels hurt.

12-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

: Dec 2005
: On the other side
: 333
Icarus  (10)

:
My friend was just telling me about how this horroible girl that hangs around her has this mother who is the absolute essence of american trash. She has both the persobality traits of a tick and also the physical traits. She is like jabba the Hut on legs, *shudders* she is horrible. Where welfare comes into pay is that she has been living on welfare (the mother) for some time. Even though I am strictly democratic in this coutnry, I feel that she is what the Nazis would call "useless eaters." People who are gluttonous, lazy bastards who contribute nothing to society. She is the perfect case and has been giving my friends' mother a lot of crap lately.

So what do you think? Is welfare the best idea in situationslike this? Is mental therapy needed afterwards for people like Mrs. Tick?
well think of it like this either welfare or them standing outside your house asking for money and shelter