04-14-2001, 01:09 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)
Queens

Sam is the Mudakon queen. She produces all children. But there has to be some male Mudakons with sexual organs. Mudakons don´t have sexual organs. So who pollinates her?
If none does there couldn´t be any Mudakons. And who pollinates oll the other queens ?

04-14-2001, 01:56 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

You're wrong. Mudokon slaves dont have sexual organs. Wild ones do.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-14-2001, 02:27 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

WOW!!! and what´s up with Abe?

04-14-2001, 02:31 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

well Abe was a slave first, so he doesn't have a *ahem* manhood.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-14-2001, 02:42 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

now I´m disapointed. But why does only wildlife have ones and the slaves don´t. that´s odd.

04-14-2001, 02:44 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

cause the Glukks cut off the ones on the slaves. It sucks to be a slave I know...

04-14-2001, 02:49 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

eww! That have to hurt! poor muds

04-15-2001, 02:13 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Where did you get this information? I've never heard of any of this!
04-15-2001, 02:35 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

PACENS BEEN LIVING IN A CAVE FOR THE LAST YEAR.

They sliced of the muds *ahem* so they don't get frisky when they are working

04-15-2001, 03:01 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

actually whether or not this is true is unknown. I got it from a discussion on an old topic in the old forums. I tend to believe it to an extent. It was the 'theory' I used in one of my fics (White Goddess to be exact).

04-15-2001, 04:12 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

Alf has posted about this in Dear Alf many times. I dont understand why they would take the slaves sexual organs out...I mean, its not like they are going to be messing around with each other on the job.

04-15-2001, 05:52 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

You´re right elum. Thé Glukkons are silly

04-15-2001, 05:53 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

BTW what does the word "frisky" means?

04-15-2001, 11:13 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

I think that Abe is assexual because he was born this way. As a worker class of the Mudokon super species, Abe has no sexual organs, and he wasn't mean to have sexual organs, at all.

In the quintology tales, we won't be supposed to see anything like a BOY-MEETS-GIRL story, because that is not the point of Oddworld games.
04-15-2001, 03:28 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Ya I think the queen is A-Sexual like Godzilla,(that new godzilla)

04-15-2001, 09:45 PM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

You people don't know ya sexxes-

Hettrosexxal- Normal sex.

Asexxal- Have sex with yourself, and you have a baby.

Hamaphradight(spelling)- Have sex with someone eles, and ya both have a baby.

Sterril- unable to pass on geans through sex.

Abe is deffenently stereil. He was born that way.
And in my oppion Queens are Asexxal. So they do not need males.
There are also a lot of other other sex types and sexxal orrentations that I have not mentioned, but I think they are important(plus I don't know them all).
If you don't agree with this... WHAIT FOR THE GAME!!!
04-16-2001, 12:20 AM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

So in conclusion, me and oddguy both agree that abe has no manhood and the queen fuks herself. hehe (sry 4 the french)

04-16-2001, 03:26 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

the Magog Cartel removes genitals at birth, so that no-one else can breed mudokons. it's obvious. if other people started breeding mudokons, the Cartel wouldn't be the only supplier, so their profits would go down. after all, presumably they sell slaves to the vykkers and other buyers. that is also why they kill females at birth.

presumably they also do the same to sligs.

therefore, wild mudokons [and sligs] have genitals, and may breed the normal way, but i'm not so sure about that.

that's my explanation, anyway, and i'm sticking to it.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-16-2001, 03:30 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

i think the queens are either asexual or there are a few drones who mate with them continuosly kinda like ants or termites.

04-16-2001, 04:36 PM
iliodd
Thudslug

: Toronto
: 156
iliodd  (11)

OddGuy, I never say this, but... SPELLING! For Bob's sake, a single word would do...

I think the Mudokons are like bees -- the worker bees are female (like worker Muds are male) but have no or vestigial sex organs.

02-13-2002, 09:25 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

does that mean the queen is bound to have babies and natives cant do the holy dance of erotic monkeysaurus? WHERES THE FRIGGING FUN IN THAT...

02-13-2002, 10:34 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)
Actually...

I've heard that the normal Muds dont have any sex and that the Queen is asexual. And for the peep who said a 'Hemaphrodite' was some people who have sex and both get pregnant...ermmm...no. Its someone who has male and female sexual organs. Although it has never been reported in humans, plants and some animals do have this feature.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Jacob, there have been cases of hermaphrodites in humans.

My theory of how queens work is that you get a mudokon when they're a bub and feed 'em royal jelly. They'll develop into a queen and will produce babies with no mating required.

02-14-2002, 09:45 AM
kleeng
Thudslug

: Dec 2001
: neatherlands
: 161
kleeng  (10)

Ok im going to throw in my theory's here

1 Worker class mudds are sterile just like worker class glukkons. OW said so.

2 the Royal Jelly thing micht be some thing, but in bees and ants the workers are female in the first place and the Royal Jelly stimulates them into growing into queens.
So abe would be a sterile female.
That dousent go down with me verry well.

So im guessing some thing else happens. When the Queen ages to a serten point she starts to lay special eggs every now and then (1 egg on every 1000 eggs orsomething) wich when brought up in the right conditions will produce a queen.
Other wise it will produece a sterile female.
I think abe and his buddys are sterrile male's. And when fed the royyal yelly when theyr baby's they become fertile males.
Thios is an easy evelutionary step since you stop the developement at a point that they are half way and when they hatch the developement continues when they are fed royal yelly and stops there when they arn't.

I dont think the queen would bare with out fertilization. Becous she would make perfect coppy's of here self.
Wich isent good for evelution becous the less variation in a species the more likely it'll dyout when the environment changes or some new desease rears its head.

So that whas my two cent's
02-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Feener
Zappfly

: Doncaster
: 15
Feener  (10)

If Abe's has his wedding tackle taken off then why does i hurt him so much when he gets blasted out of the boiler area and get's smacked between the legs with that big elephant tusk thing? I know this would hurt anyway but from the look on his face I'd say he's hit something rather delicate!

02-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Feener, maybe he has tender excretory organs?

Kleeng, Oddworldian royal jelly contains a hormone that when fed to a bub, causes them to develop into a female queen. That doesn't mean muds like Abe are sterile females. Maybe the queen obtains second party genes by eating a Mudokon before pumping out eggs.

02-14-2002, 05:27 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)
Happy My go...

I thought this was a relatively clear subject, since so many people asked about it. However, since there seems to be some confusion, I'll run over the cold hard facts:

Firstly, all worker class Mudokons are asexual - they have no reproductive system. And that's naturally. The Glukkons would have to be very silly to cut Abe's fleischwurst off, because he never had one. No worker class Mudokons ever had one, whether they be slaves, workers for the Cartel or Conglomerate, natives, or anyone. Not even the Big Face or the Shaman have those organs.

The Queen, however, is female. She produces all the eggs, which develop into Mudokon adults. We don't know how she reproduces. She could fertilise (not pollinate) herself, or there could be some male Mudokons. We don't know.

Additionally, although I'm glad people enjoy making up Oddworld theories and sharing them, I believe there are two setbacks. Firstly, they occassionally get upset when they find that's not true. But worse and more common than that, some people get confused and start to believe that. Please keep that in mind.

02-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by kleeng
in bees and ants the workers are female in the first place and the Royal Jelly stimulates them into growing into queens.
This is a common misconception, as it is sometimes true. However, it depends on species. For Honey Bees and Bumble Bees, this is true. However, for most Ants, the workers can be either male or female, and so they can grow into either Queens or Kings (again, whether or not they have Kings also depends on the species).

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

: Colorado
: 283
Dequibenzo  (10)

First of all, let me say, it's an honor to finally see the legendary Max the Mug rear his knowledge crammed head. I've heard stories about you that would make a vaugnarian opera seem unembellished. Please, I am filled with questions that simply cry out for answers- e-mail me- ichelm@aol.com
Anywhoo, if I remember it correctly, mr. Lanning himself said that he based the species of oddworld off of the super species on earth, and one of the defining elements of a super species is the whole queen dynamic. For non-honey-producing bees, wasps, hornets and such, royal jelly isn't present, as I would expect would be the case with Mudokons, not producing any kind of honey as far as I can tell and all. Instead, at least with hornets and termites, I bthink it is, every single member of the hive has the ability to become a queen if need be. Scenario- a tapir or something gets to the queen, and has a good old fashion ten course meal out of her. As the hive is rebuilt, one seemingly random member of the hive, by processes we don't quite understand yet, will begin the extremely painful sounding transformation- complete reorganization of their icor (bug guts), development of sexual organs, loss of pincers, stinger, whatever- a complete transmografication into a new queen. It can even be a male that makes the transformation, which is kind of disturbing, especially considering the possibilities for Abe. Sam dies and he starts having the weirdest dreams, morning sickness, an extra pair of arms or three...
02-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Yachiro
Stingbee

: 83
Yachiro  (10)

Interesting,indeed..I simply think that ever once in a while,a mudokon female or something is born from an egg,or Sam's just hella old.Then she makes eggs,which have the baby muds,which the vykkers or whoever change so that the workers don't have their stuff.Or something.