07-19-2010, 05:16 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

: Jan 2010
: LOOK AT MAC SIRLOINS NOSE!
: 694
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!  (-80)
Oddworld: Abe's Boddyguard

second oddworld fanfic, hopefully i'll get this one finished, anyway heres chapter 1.
ONE
It was dark... so dark, that the only things visible were the red glow of slig visors. It was dark, but it was not quiet. Everywhere, the screams of mudokons and the whirring of pants could be heard but not seen. This was what scared Abe, he could'nt see what was around him, only hear it, and sometimes, even feel it. This was his greatest trial yet... Velaunt Werkz. Abe knew it was only a power cut in the small section where he was, but that was what he feared.

Yes, the shadows were his friend, but only shadows, not darkness. Abe could'nt see very well in the dark, plus he was getting old, he was 18 (bear in mind muds only live form40 years.), he had'nt seen munch or alf in 2 years, all the while he'd been blowing up stuff, like blood.co, Zapp'a'dokon, and Gasz Werkz. But nothing compared to this. Velaunt Werkz was huge, it had 500 slaves and a mini Soulstorm Brewery. Abe had already taken care of the brewery, gut there were 2 slaves left, and Abe was already near the self destruct system, but he didnt know the code. All together there were 1000 slaves, but the other 500 were half dead, if they moved a muscle or were touched they'ed break apart, thier blood was being taken out of thier bodies and sprayed on furniture.

Thats what Velaunt Werkz was, a furniture making factory, but it did'nt use wood no, it used wildlife, mashed them up and turned them into chairs and tables. Abe had witnessed this while running from a scrab in a VW workshop. he had been at this job for a week now, but he knew he was close, those slaves could'nt be far and neither could the self destruct system. Just as Abe was thinking about this, the lights flickered on and all the sligs turned round and noticed him. Shocked, the only word Abe could mumble was; "Crap!"

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-19-2010 at 06:35 AM..
07-19-2010, 06:33 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

TWO

Abe turned and ran, but being without sleep for a week had it's setbacks. he sprinted as far as he could untill he began to feel sick, and slowed down, the sligs were catching up on him now. Bullets and lazers were speeding past his head, someof them skimming it, causing a red stream of liquid to run down his face and get in his eyes.

Everything was a blur, but he felt something, it was his leg, it had stepped in a hole while the other kept going, making his foot snap. he yelped in pain as the three sligs chasing him laughed as they closed in on him. One of them slammed the round, cold, end of their pants down on his back, he screamed, but at that point he heard a voice behind him. "STOP!", Abe was too battered, bruised, and exausted to tell who or what it was, he began to let a stream of saliva crawl out of the side of his mouth and slowly make it's way to the cold metal floor as the stranger approached him.

"I have orders to take him, now, get back to work!" The three sligs walked away mumbling; "yeah whatever, lousy piece of crap." Abe felt the being gently press it's hands against his neck, "yeah, your gonna be fine." it said, as it picked him up and carried him away...

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-19-2010 at 06:36 AM..
07-19-2010, 08:42 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

wow that's manky, churned scrab chairs!

07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
GlukkonGluk
Howler Punk

: Mar 2008
: The Netherworld
: 328
GlukkonGluk  (69)

Wow, I'm very impressed! Please, keep it up

07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

: You don't want to know
: 609
Lord Stanley  (121)Lord Stanley  (121)

I think it's good, OiTb! Continue!

I had a laugh when I saw Abe was thinking of being old at 18 and has a life expectancy of 40 years, as the Abe in "Abe's Expoddition" is 45...
07-19-2010, 11:41 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

thanks! heres the next chapter:
THREE

After being unconscious for several hours, the next thing Abe knew, he was on a bed of leaves. In front of his face he could see the bright blue sky, but at his feet he could see the smoke and destruction that was once Velaunt Werkz, abe now realized that he was on a hill.

"What the?"
"Don't worry, your gonna be fine." interrupted a slig.
"AGHRRR!" Abe screamed.
"no, no, calm down. I'm here to help you."
"Help me?" Asked Abe.
"Yes, you see, i never really liked beating mudokons, and when i was recruited to go capture some slaves, i saw what we were doing to the peaceful villages and the natural land- i hated it. So i waited for you to turn up, and i knew you would, big-ass company like that you were bound to notice." laughed the slig, then carried on:
"So that when you did turn up i could help you bring that company down, and maybe the whole magog cartle, i'd like to be your bodyguard." Explained the slig

"Yes that sounds great bu... OH MY ODD! what happened here?" asked Abe, he only just realized then that VW was no more.
"well, i kinda figured where you were going so... i finished the job for you while you were unconscious.
"But there were slaves in there! no, no, no!"
"oh don't worry about them, they're right here." Abe sighed with relief as two mudokons came out of a nearby hut.

"Ok so, do you think, i could have a gun? usually i'm not one for guns, but, you know, just in case," Asked Abe.
"Yeah thats no problem, i always carry a spare Snuzi with me, here you go." With that, the slig handed Abe a shining silver pistol, which abe squeezed into his back pocket.
"Thanks! hey i never got a chance to ask, whats your name?" asked Abe.
"it's Rein, yours?"
Abe looked at Rein blankly.
"Yeah i know Abe, but whats it short for? like, Abeth, or, Abis?"
"just Abe." Replied Abe.
"Oh... Wow."
"You know your quite the sarcastic coustomer arnet you?" Mentioned Abe, as he tried to lift himself up, but then remembered the incident back at VW.
"Oh no don't waste your energy, let me go and get you the wheelchair i took." explained the slig Abe began to think:
hmm, maybe having a bodyguard wont be so bad at all, i can have a little servant until my foot gets better hehe, its about time i got a break, ooo, maybe he'll battle the industrialists with me, oo, maybe he'll get a moon, oh, maybe it'll be bigger than mine, ooo, dont open that door.
07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

:
I think it's good, OiTb! Continue!

I had a laugh when I saw Abe was thinking of being old at 18 and has a life expectancy of 40 years, as the Abe in "Abe's Expoddition" is 45...
haha, well if you look on the oddworld site, it says on Abes stats that mudokons only have a lifespan of 40 years lol.
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2008
: Rijeka
: 1,246
Scraby  (132)Scraby  (132)

lol than abe is grandpa-at-arms XD well,nice chapter

07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

haha. yeah new chapter should be up tomorrow
07-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Abe isn't a normal Mudokon, because, after all, he's blue. Perhaps green Mudokons have a life expectancy of 40 years, and Abe, being a rare blue one, can live as long as the Odd has need of him...or maybe I just need to check the facts next time!
07-20-2010, 02:00 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

haha, nahh, your story is the best story i've ever read, when i saw the word EPILOGUE, i was like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

anyway, six, or five? yeah i think its five, you know what? let me check...
yeah its four.
FOUR
Abe and Rein had been travelling to the mudokon villages, and they had been travelling for a long time. For the first time in his life, Abe the Mudokon... was bored, he couldnt even walk, he just had to sit there, in his wheelchair, and be pushed by his friend.

So every four or five miniutes, abe would pull his gun out of his pocket and aim it at rein.
"you know, kid, thats getting kind of annoying."
"yeah? so are you." Abe joked, as he put the weapon away.
all of a sudden, the rocks on the floor started trembling.
"ehhh, just tremors,"
"oh yeah? well you do you explain that?" Abe pointed to the sky, which had black clouds filling it up rapidliy, and before the two knew it, it was pitch black, and the tremors were getting heavier. Then they simply, stopped. Abe and Rein looked around, they could only just see each other, then shadows on the floor started to move, as if they were walking... closing in on Abe.
sorry i know that was a really short chapter, but i thought that was a pretty good cliffhanger.

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-20-2010 at 02:03 AM..
07-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

It's fairly creepy when the shadows start moving...

07-20-2010, 07:02 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

haha, thanks! new chapter should be up later.
07-20-2010, 01:09 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

chapter five

FIVE
350 Years later...

The Mudokon shaman looked around at his old burnt village. He had never seen so much destruction in his whole life.
He looked down over the cliff, millions of factories and refineries polluting the air were his sight, if only Abe hadn't failed all those years ago...

Eventually, he arrived at his tribe, although five remaining mudokons and himself wernet really a tribe. They had survived very long and it appeared soon they would be caught, worked, beaten, and shot, as that was the way all the other mudokons went.

It was a tribal meeting today, the six got together and discussed how they would survive another week.

"What if, we were to, keep Abe alive, if you know what i'm saying." suggested a Mudokon.
"What? Thats the stupidest idea i've ever heard!" Yelled another.
"you know, you've got a point there, thats just crazy enough to work." Pointed outthe shaman leader.
"thanks Crein!" said the Mudokon who suggested the idea.
"How could that work, Hmm? It's impossible! he died about 350 years ago!" shouted the mudokon opposite him.
"No, hear me out here, if one of us were to, somehow meet Abe..." Creins speech was interrupted by another mudokon.
"Wait, Wait, Wait, meet Abe? your crazy! Everybody knows he died trying to bring down Velaunt Werkz 106!"
"Yes but i said somehow, listen, we could meet him, help him take down VW and guide his survival, it's easily done, with the right amount of concentrated possession energy, we could send the orb through time and posses a slig or something!" Explained Crein.
"Yes but how do we concentrate that amount of energy?" asked a fellow mudokon.
"we'll have to work together, you all know how to chant properly! come on we'll do it now! i'll possess the slig!" explained Crein. they all stood on a chant circle and created a powerful possession orb, within 2 hours, Crein was Rein...
07-20-2010, 06:22 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

SIX
Abe grabbed hold of Rein, leaped from his chair, and ran, hopping over the shadows, as Abe hopped, Rein tripped up and had to run the opposite way to azoid the shadows. Abe didn't know what these things were, but he did know they were bad.

The next thing Abe saw was a bird portal, it appeared out of nowhere and opened it's self.
"Rein, Quick!" Abe shouted.
"I can't!" Rein yelled back.

Before Abe could help Rein, the bird portal was pulling him in.
"REEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!" Abe shouted as loud as he could hoping it would save Rein, but it was too late- Abe was already through the portal and greeted by Big Face.
Dont worry its not the end of the chapter, i'm just really tired and need to go to sleep.
07-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

This is an amazing story ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
I really like the idea of a Slig partner helping Abe ^^

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

07-21-2010, 01:54 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

:
This is an amazing story ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
I really like the idea of a Slig partner helping Abe ^^
haha, thanks, next part of the chapter should be out when i can get round to it.
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

I have a feeling that this is where Oanst got his inspiration from.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

07-22-2010, 03:26 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

is that a good comment or bad?
six (continued)
"Damn, Iv'e failed,"Rein said before running as fast as he could. He had to find some sort of light source, Of course, his torch! He quickly pulled it from his belt and clicked the switch, pointing it at the shadows. They dissapeared with a pop of light, but it was hard, Rein had to concentrate the beam on one of them for about a minute, all the while his battery was dying and the shadows were getting closer...
"Bigface? No! we have to go and get Rein!" Screamed Abe.
"No Abe, forget about him, he is... for the shadows, you cant help him now."
"No! he was my friend!"
"No Abe, he was a slave to the glukkons." Explained bigface.
"No he wasnt, he was one of my best friends! now he's dead!"
"no, it is a lie abe, you have all the right pieces, you just have them in the wrong order, they will fall together in the end abe."
"What do you mean?" Asked Abe.
"you'll find out soon enough abe."
It was only then Abe realised his foot was better and that he was walking.
"Hey... i'm walking."
"Oh now you notice? Yeah i did that, lets say if i didnt you'd be dead too."
"Thanks, now i can go and rescue Rein".
"no do i have to spell it out for you? He's dead! and even if he isnt his job was only to keep you alive and he's suceeded,"
"How do you know all this?" Asked Abe.
"oh i have my ways Abe, i have my ways..."
350 years later
"hey lets send a messsage to that old shaman and tell him what we're doing!"
"Yeah!"
"Anyway i'm going to rescue Rein,"
"Dont you ever listen?, well if you'r going to go on this pointless journey then you cant go alone..."
"Well then come on then!" said Abe
"Oh no not me i'm too old" Laughed BigFace.
"No, how about five young fully trained MudArchers?".......

how was that? oh and let me just clear the air here, i bet some of you are thinking i took the name Rein from Reint Off amarment reloaded, well i actually thought if it while watching friends, it took the Rien off it and swapped the i and e.
07-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

This is a very interesting story.

07-24-2010, 05:28 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

thanks! the new chapter should be up by the end of today, if not, tomorrow morning.
EDIT: sorry, but i'll have to put this story on hold to work on my ONE HOUR themed story for the competition, but dont worry, it will be finished.

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-25-2010 at 10:52 AM..
07-27-2010, 10:46 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

bye
07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
GABBITS OWN
Spark Stunk

: Jul 2010