05-13-2001, 07:26 PM
Sal the Mudokon
Howler Punk

: Apr 2001
: My computer
: 344
Sal the Mudokon  (10)
Fantastic FINALLY(4 FF LUVERS!)

well, if u breath, than u know that theres gonna be a Final Fantasy movie coming out this summer. Its aptly titled "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within". well, u can just go to finalfantasy.com to get all of the (legally) available info u could want. well, the trailer to the film is featured on the site, but, as we all know, internet movies usually suck...mostly due to bad rez n loading sux big! well, i rescently discovered that in my god-like collection of DVDs, the Charlie's Angels DVD has a special features section that includes "theatrical trailers", wich, for all u lamans means: preview. it has a bunch of good movies, but it also has the FF trailer. if ne of u hav the charlie's angels DVD, watch it!!!! its awsome! it loox to be a fantastic film. i dont quite understand all of the visuals, n even if i was a FF fan, i wouldnt because its not based on ne of the games in particular. this loox to be a little different than wat ud expect from the vg series because it looks american made(the people dont have monstrous eyes and hair that takes up more hair spray than the Earth can supply). it also doesnt seem to be more fantasy, but sci-fi. it has lush worlds, fantastic lighting n monstrous special FX. all in all, it make a FF fan out of us all.

ps: if/when OI makes a movie, i hope it looks this good

[ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: Sal the Mudokon ]

-George Clinton/Ghandi

05-13-2001, 07:41 PM
Sal the Mudokon
Howler Punk

: My computer
: 344
Sal the Mudokon  (10)

OK, got ya a story line(n its got a bit of fantasy)

"The year is 2065 and Earth is under siege. A meteor has crashed onto the planet, unleashing millions of alien creatures which roam the Earth. Decimating field and city alike, these predators are threatening to extinguish all life on the planet.

The survivors of the initial onslaught have retreated to barrier cities built to protect the inhabitants of Earth from the marauding invaders. But the few cities around the globe are in decline and time is running out.

Yet, the sprit of humankind is resilient and embodied in the brilliant and beautiful Dr. Aki Ross. Determined and capable, Aki strives as EarthÃ…fs last hope against extinction.

With the guidance of her scientific mentor, Dr. Sid, and the aid of the Deep Eyes military squadron led by the courageous Captain Gray Edwards, Aki races to save both the Earth and herself.

Terminally infected by an alien, Aki holds the key to discovering the secret to defeating the alien predators. But her quest is jeopardized by the militant opposition of General Hein, who plots to unleash a massive space cannon that will annihilate the aliens and possibly the Earth.

As the clock ticks down, Aki searches within her dreams to find an answer to the alien mystery, while scouring the Earth to collect the eight spirit waves she believes will save the planet.

Fighting both the enemy within and the scheming General Hein, who would destroy the Earth in order to save it, Aki valiantly pursues her Final Fantasy."-Finalfantasy.com

characters include:
Dr. Aki Ross: main chick(abe babe, a girls leadin this one!)
Dr. Sid: Aki's freaky old mentor guy(looks the most realistic)
Captain Gray Edwards: leader of the Deep Eyes Squad(hunky luv interest of Aki's)
Deep Eyes Squad: Neil, Ryan, n Jane(they get to wear the cool armer featured in the trailer!)
General Hein: psycho leader of the military thats would risk Earth to defeat the aliens(not a nice guy)\
alieans: translucent ghost-like guys that dont lose shpe. very strong, very big, big teeth, pretty colors, look like sumthin from the bottom of the ocean! nightmares galore!

well, thats all of the coverage i can give at the moment! look out for the movie.

-George Clinton/Ghandi

05-14-2001, 03:47 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I for one am certainly looking forward to the Final Fantasy movie. A new trailer was recently released, and if your connection can handle it (cable, DSL or higher... actually I got it down on 128K ISDN at work, but it took a while), get the Broadband trailer. That does show quite good quality (not perfect) resolution for the preview.

I was actually at the cinemas with my mum the other day, and she saw what would have been less than 5 seconds of the trailer (we walked in on the end of it) and she was like "wow, that looks great"... so I'm like... that's THE FINAL FANTASY movie!!!".

The realisim of the graphics are totally stunning, some people at work didn't even believe that they were CG... they thought they were looking at real actors.

Not only am I a Final Fantasy fan, but I am also a science fiction fan... so I am more than looking forward to this one!!!

Everyone ... CHECK IT OUT!!!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-14-2001, 05:58 AM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Off topic FF news-

-I hear that they are bringing back FF Tacics this christmas as greatest hit!

-A FF Game coming out where you play as seperoth in the army before all the cloud stuff.

05-14-2001, 06:17 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

I can't even begin to imagine Abe Babe's response when she found out about this, assuming she already knows which is very likely. The Sephiroth stuff that is.
05-14-2001, 09:57 AM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

I just found out resently by someone in square's USA post. They stay it is still on the drawing board and it is not offically anounced as a game as of yet.

05-14-2001, 10:09 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

You can play as Sephiroth in Final Fantasy Tactics!!!!??? Oh man, if that is true I want to play that game so bad!!! I heard that you can play as a young Cloud but I never heard you can play as Sephiroth!!!

I've been wanting to get FF Tactics for a while now (but it costs like $100US and upwards on eBay) ... but I want to get it more now.

Square are shortly re-releasing FFIV and Crono Cross as the "Final Fantasy Chronicles" pack. It sucks that we don't get these in Australia... just like we didn't get the FFV and FFVI pack (Final Fantasy Anthology).

I'd get my PSX chipped to play them games, but I heard chips don't let you play some games.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-14-2001, 10:24 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Abe Babe, I found out that's hogwash. I've been really looking into the technical side of PSX as of late to try to get my damned thing working. Some COPIED games don't work because they need patches before they are copied to CD, there are patches for most games which can't be copied. The reason I can't play FFIX is simply because of my PSX's age, nothing to do with the chip. Every other game I've played works flawlessly. So I doubt any harm would come of you getting it chipped. If you want more info on anything just ask.