10-07-2001, 06:58 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
The Autopsy

Seltin caught his breath, and raised his hand to his mouth, gagging. The stench was almost unbearable, but not as truly terrible as the sight...

Between two trees was strung a net, like a huge spider's web, only made of intestines and other entrails. In the middle was a figure barely recognisable as a mudokon.

Blue averted her eyes. "This is the one..."

Seltin looked round at the other guards behind him, who were as disgusted as he was. "Okay, guys, we'd better get this... we'd better get it back to Pyke."

There were groans. "Do we have to?"

"Olm might be able to give us a clue what - well, who - killed him."

The groans continued, but the mudokons began to reluctantly step forward...

"Anything yet?"

Olm looked up from his bloody business to see the Mayor framed in the doorway, flanked by Seltin and Blue. "Well, I know that this guy died roughly three days ago, from a combination of blood loss and shock. And I was able to find several clawmarks, and what may be toothmarks."

"What killed him?"

Olm hesitated. "Well, I can'tsay for sure, but I've only once before seen claws that could make marks like these... I can only say that these claw marks might have been made by someone of the same race as Spider..."

There was a stunned silence, then the Mayor spoke up, his voice filled with cold anger. "Very convenient then, that Spider just happened to disappear less than a week before this killing..." He turned to Seltin. "I want your men to keep a watch out for Spider or anything resembling him. If you spot him, try and take him alive, but if necessary, shoot to kill."

Seltin raised his eyebrows. "Isn't that a bit rash? We don't even know it was him yet."

"But if it was, he is a very serious danger to everyone in Pyke. I want him found and caught."

"Yes sir." Seltin left the hut.

The Mayor turned to Olm. "Let me know of any further findings." Then he too left.

Blue approached Olm. "Spider couldn't have done this, could he?"

Olm sighed. "There was something else that I didn't want to tell the Mayor..."

"What?" Blue looked worried.

"Do you know what DNA is?" Blue shook her head. "Well, it's basically something that can tell you who did something. No two people have the same DNA. And I have found samples on this corpse that I am pretty sure belong to Spider..."

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.