01-23-2002, 10:45 PM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)
A Spyro Questionaire.

We Have not had one of these for a while so I decided to make One On Spyro There are 5 Questions Ok!

1 What's Your Favorite Game?

Would Have to be Spyro 1 since I have been Playing it alot and It is really fun. Then Spyro 2 and then the crappy third one. I think the third one's dumb You don't even get to fly when you finish the whole game that's bullshit.

2 What's Your Favorite Level?

Spyro 1: Gnastys Loot.
Spyro 2: Breeze Harbour, Cloud Temples Majestic Marsh (or is it Magic?) and most of the other levels are fun.
Spyro 3: Enchanted Towers (for SkateBoarding the funnest thing in the dam game.)

3 What's Your Favorite HomeWorld?

Spyro 1: All of them.
Spyro 2: All of them.
Spyro 3: Evening lake the others are just boring.

4 Favorite Character?

Spyro 1: Spyro
Spyro 2: Spyro Hunter and Moneybags they're better in this one Hunters all goofy.
Spyro 3: Spyro, Bently (because of his vocabulary) The Bird and The Kangaroo Sheila the monkeys just dumb.

5 Favorite activity (eg Skateboarding)?

Spyro 1: Flying.
Spyro 2: Activities in the flying stages and the flying itself.
Spyro 3: Skateboarding (duh) My record in Enchanted Towers is You ready for it? You Sure? Ok here it is: 22,349 POINTS.

Well What are your answers?
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

01-23-2002, 11:51 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

man, spyro 1 was cool. i got it like a couple years back, but i used an offbrand memory card so i lost all my crap.... boo hoo... couple months back, more like about 7 or so i started a campaign to beat it once and for all, then school started..... didnt have a chance to finish with the last 2 worlds, gnasties and the place with the changing guys. forgot it... boo hoo again... now that im rich though i think ill go by riptos rage to play, but i believe its year of the dragon is the one you said was crap. ill take your word for it. BTW, do you know if season of ice is any good? o well..... but anyway...
favorite level is cliff town, home world be majic crafters......... pplease dont hate me for giving my history, lol.
01-24-2002, 12:27 AM
The Magog On The March
Thudslug

: Austin, TX
: 171
The Magog On The March  (10)

Why make a questionaire on Spyro, for cryin' out loud? I mean, I liked Spyro 1 and all, but I never really *loved* it, and after spyro 2 I was just kinda like.. nyeh.
Max:Facilities be damned! I need a restroom!
"A) The below statement is FALSE
B) The above statement is TRUE"

01-24-2002, 06:35 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

Gluk Schmuck posted a topic like this a while ago, so I just dug up my answers from that one.

Fave game:
Spyro 1 is an excellent title if you are new to gaming... it was the first console game I ever played, and it taught me all the necessary hand-eye coordination for playing games and honed my spatial skills. Sadly, if you're an experienced gamer, it's just too easy.
I was totally bowled over by Spyro 2, because it was so radically different from the first one. So in a way I was rather disapppointed with 3, because I expected it to be radically different again from Spyro 2. 2 is my fave, then 1, then 3.

Fave levels:
Spyro 1: Ice Cavern and Wizard Peak
Spyro 2: Fracture Hills and Metropolis
Spyro 3: Cloud Spires and Enchanted Towers (get to control Sgt Byrd and ride on a skateboard!)

Fav. Home worlds:
Spyro 1: Peace Keepers and Magic Crafters (I love desert levels and ice levels)
Spyro 2: Autumn Plains (I mean; that huuuuuge glide! What more do you want!)
Spyro 3: Midday Gardens

Fave characters:
My favourite character has to be Sheila tha kangaroo; followed by Sgt Byrd. I love controlling them! But Spyro looks the coolest and has the most abilities. I like the way Bently speaks; with his pretentious vocabulary. I hate Agent 9; I think the game desigers had an off day with him. I don't like Hunter much; he was good in Spyro 2, but in 3 he's all pompous and thick.
I like Doctor Shemp in Spyro 1; he makes me laugh!
I loved all the individual dragons in the first Spyro, and the way the different worlds had different 'breeds' of Dragon. I liked the Peace Keeping dragon best; they've gor lovely spotted hides and they've got cool frilly ear flaps (my fave is Halvor in Cliff Town; he's beautiful). I liked the Magic crafters with their four horns as well (my fave is Eldrid in Alpine Ridge; I love the way his green bits fade into his orange bits).

Fave activities:
Spyro 1: Flying and supercharging
Spyro 2: Swimming
Spyro 3: Skateboarding

Here are my top scores:

Spyro The Dragon:

Sunny Flight: 1:58.68
Night Flight: 1:16.64
Crystal Flight: 1:18.64
Wild Flight: 1:26.48
Icy Flight: 1:33.64

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer:

Ocean Speedway: 1:07.31
Metro Speedway: 1:04.03
Icy Speedway: 1:02.60
Canyon Speedway: 0:58.26

Spyro: Year Of The Dragon

Mushroom Speedway:
Race: 1:54.32 Time Attack: 0:57.36
Country Speedway:
Race: 2:39.44 Time Attack: 0:51.92
Honey Speedway:
Race: 3:10.96 Time Attack: 1:14.40
Harbour Speedway:
Race: 2:49.16 Time Attack: 1:14.84

Sunny Villa: 6618
Enchanted Towers: 13448
Lost Fleet: 1:42.64
Super Bonus Round: 2:06.08

Abe22, it's actually Mystic Marsh.
Majic_Abe, Season of Ice is supposed to be fairly good; it's about the same standard as Spyro 3.

01-24-2002, 08:42 AM
MudokonOddball
Sniper Wasp

: I forgot
: 285
MudokonOddball  (10)

Are you kidding?! Spryo rocks!!! I've got all three, and I've gotten at least 80% on all of them. I was too young for Oddworld when it came out, but a couple years and three Spyros later, I found ALL the Mudokons on my Second try without help! Go me!

...yeah. Anyways, my favourite homeworld is the Magic Crafters World. I like the "Wowowowow" wizard dudes, and when you get too close to them, they go "aaAAaaAaAaah!". Quite funny.
Favourite level...Ice Caverns. Stewart Copeland did the music for all three games (he was the former drummer for the band The Police...you know, the band Sting was in), and I'm STILL trying to find the soundtrack of the games on CD. And knocking all the armoured dudes off the edge is just plain fun.
Favourite characters: Spyro, Sparx, Hunter, and Shiela. The penguin dude is just annoying, adn whenever I talk to MoneyBags, i just want to Torch his ass! (ahem, pardon my French).
Favourite Homeworld: oh, shoot...the war one in Spyro 1...the one with the red and blue coast with the cannons? That one. I still laugh when they moon me when I flame their tents.
Favourite activity: probably just gliding long distances and collecting large amounts of gems. It really is great when you FINALLY get to that one elusive ledge to find a prize of 30 or so gems.
Anyways, I'm glad this (even though I'm sorry to say it) near dead board is branching out to some still interesting topics...even if the topics have been used before. Now all we need is a Parrappa Da Rappa, UmJammer Lammy, and Space Channel 5 topics and we'd be all set!

01-24-2002, 09:26 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

I've beaten all three Spyros! *is smug*

I've been trying to find the soundtracks on CD too. Apparently, Spyro 4's soundtrack will get an official release, but that never happened for the other 3. It is possible to get the Spyro 3 tracks off the disc using PSmplay; just open the correct stream file, then click 'output wav', and it'll save it as a wave clip which you can later change to mp3. If you're interested, I could send you some of them, or you could go here and do it yourself (it's the third one down under 'downloads').
Unfortunately, you can't do that with 1 and 2; they're somehow locked.

Is anyone else here a fan of the Police? I think they're a great band. My favourite album is Ghost In The Machine; I love the song Invisible Sun.

And I think the homeworld to which you refer is the Peace Keepers.

01-24-2002, 07:03 PM
abe22
Sleg

abe22  (10)

I've beaten all 3 Spyro games as well
I thought the last level In Spyro 3 was boring and you know how you have to kill the Sorceress again that was pathetic riding around in a space ship shooting at her how pathetic.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy

01-25-2002, 12:25 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

what the hell? spyro 3 has skateboards and spaceships? my god, that sounds like crash bandicoot or something, spyro 1 was so well, reasonable...... o well..... to day i.... FINALY GOT A COPY OF ABES ODDYSEE!!! hm.... little different from munch, lot differnt. BUT I SUCK!!! i got 5 muds out of the first level, ifeel so special sucking.....
01-25-2002, 09:15 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

I know what you mean about the skateboards and spaceships; they're just nowhere near draconian enough. The first one was set in a land created by the dragons, and it was very believable, but the third one is basically a free-roaming Crash Bandicoot in drag.

The first one wins hands-down for cool levels, I think. How many others here would really like to see another Spyro game set in the Dragon Worlds?

My 1000th post, whee-hee!

01-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Hmm... nothing to do with the game (as I've never played it) but did I see that there was a place called "Cloud Temples"? Heh, if so, I wonder if the designers had been to Bristol, where there is a station called "Temple Cloud"... No I don't know what I'm on about, thank you for asking.

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Teal ]

01-25-2002, 01:21 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

He he! Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Yes, there is a place called 'Cloud Temples' in a Spyro game. It's one of the harder (but it's very pretty) levels in Spyro 2.

01-25-2002, 08:11 PM
abe22
Sleg

abe22  (10)

Yep I really would like to see another Spyro game set in the dragon world. I also think that Spyro 1 gets the award for cool levels.

01-25-2002, 08:29 PM
MudokonOddball
Sniper Wasp

: I forgot
: 285
MudokonOddball  (10)

I know that we're kinda moving away from the actual survey, but has anyone heard of and plans for Spyro on PS2? That would be awesome. Yup, 578,000 gems per level seems about right.

Also, the GameBoy Advance version is NOT, I repeat, NOT good! The layout, well...sucks. Not as much as Spyro 3, but it's definately not worth $40.

tee hee

02-15-2002, 07:39 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Feb 2002
: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)

1 What's Your Favorite Game?
Spyro 3-year Of The Dragon is da best!

2 What's Your Favorite Level?
Spyro 1:Twilight Harbor/Hautned Towers.
spyro 2:Mystic Marsh
Spyro 3:All of em.

3 What's Your Favorite HomeWorld?
Spyro 1:Magic Crafters
Spyro 2:Winter Tundra
Spyro 3:Midnight Mountain

4 Favorite Character?

Spyro 1: Spyro
Spyro 2:Elora,she's just funny in scarasticand her gang too.
Spyro 3:Agent 9:He sooooooo stupid,he's so obessed with rhynocs!And I like Bianca too,but she get boring when she goes all goodie goodie.

5 Favorite activity (eg Skateboarding)?

Spyro 1:Flying around
Spyro 2:Collecting Orbs
Spyro3:Everthin'.

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky