05-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Steefie
Bolamite

: Jan 2006
: Australia
: 54
Steefie  (10)
Mortal Kombat games

Alright, who here's a Mortal Kombat addict? (or just likes playing the games?) I myself love the games - the first one I ever got was MK 2 for the Sega Mega drive, and boy I sucked at it (gimme a break though, I was like 4 or 5 at the time). I also sucked at MK 3...

But hey! MK Deception and Deadly Alliance I've enjoyed (and not sucked quite as bad at) and then after that excitement, they brought out Shaolin Monks (which is more like an adventure game than the normal fighting MK games). I only recently bought MK Shaolin Monks, and I like it, too.

I haven't tried playing Deception online yet, and don't plan too (I can already see the true Gods of Mortal Kombat dominating the online games!!) - at least, I'm pretty sure it was Deception that is online compatible... I'm too lazy to go check, so if I'm wrong, don't sue me. I might been thinkin of some other xbox game.

Favourite characters... I personally like Scorpion, Sub-Zero (and Frost, coz they're similar in my opinion), and Raiden.

So, if there's any MK fans out there, please, spil your mind here.

05-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

Love Mortal Kombat through-and-through. Been a fan since the third one. Became rank 10 in the Xbox Live leaderboards with Deception Also got Shaolin Monks, it was okay but not really an MK game. Got stuck on the last boss, managed to kill Kintaro and Shang Tsung atleast.
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Steefie
Bolamite

Steefie  (10)

Sweet, nice to hear from another MK fan. Have you ever watched any of the movies, or the Konquest mini-series? I've only watched one Konquest episode (it's a cartoon series), and I watched on of the movies. I don't know which movie, but it had Johhny Kage, Sanya Blade, Lu Kang, Raiden and the bad Gurs Scorpian, Reptile and porbably others. I watched thsoe when I was very young, so I don't remember much of them. Do you know if the movies are on DVD? I know the Konquest series is, but I'm nt sure about the movies.

05-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Not really a fan of the movies/programmes, always striked me as a bit cheesey. Probably will see the new MK 3 though. Munch's Master is also an MK fan here.
05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
AprilD
Chippunk

: May 2006
: Michigan
: 32
AprilD  (10)

Those games are gross.
05-12-2006, 09:43 AM
the Exoddus
Fuzzle

: de_dust2
: 129
the Exoddus  (32)
Dead

need more gore lol wach out for that finger ops to lat

Rule 79. all Caturday threads will be bombarded with zippocat. No exceptions.

05-12-2006, 09:45 AM
AprilD
Chippunk

: Michigan
: 32
AprilD  (10)

You keep your fingers away from me. I know what you're thinking and I don't appreciate it.
05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
the Exoddus
Fuzzle

the Exoddus  (32)
Drunk

lol eww blodey finger

05-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Rincewynd
Thudslug

: Nov 2004
: England
: 151
Rincewynd  (10)

A it's been a whil since Mortal Kombat has vanished off the screens of my computer (but only because my brother took all the MK games), My favourite is probably scorpion, with the famous line 'get over here!', or reptile but he was kind of poorly represented in the first MK movie!

Edit: Exoddus and AprilD you're not making....let's be honest; any sense, start making sense or I'll have to tell you a joke about a shotgun *pats 'Freddy' the shotgun*

"Pull me up, then," he hinted.
"I think that might be sort of difficult," grunted Twoflower. "I don't actually think I can do it, in fact."
"What are you holding on to, then?"
"You."
"I mean besides me."
"What do you mean, besides you?" said Twoflower.

Last edited by Rincewynd; 05-12-2006 at 09:48 AM..
05-12-2006, 09:48 AM
the Exoddus
Fuzzle

the Exoddus  (32)
Dead

lol

05-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Cyber-Slig

Cyber-Slig  (10)

Exoddus, don't crap up the forum with spam please.

And anyone know what the next MK game will be? I know there's a PSP one, but PSP isn't my thing.
05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

There's only supposed to be one more before they kill the franchise.

I was always a fan of Cyrax, myself. I used to make the little boys weep when I humiliated them in the arcade. Then the arcade burned down. Now I'm forced to play MK online. I can only assume that I'm making those guys weep as well.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

05-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Yep, as Cyber quite rightly said, I'm an MK fan. I used to be something of an addict, but that died off around 8-9 months ago. I own Deadly Alliance and Deception ,and have played/completed MK3, that extended edition of MK3, and MK Trilogy (I think that was the name, its the one with all the characters from 1-3 plus C/Khameleon.). I always wanted to get Shaolin Monks but my interest in MK faded before I could get it.
My all-tim favourite MK character is Reptile, but I also like Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke, Baraka, Kintaro, Noob Saibot and Scorpion. I prefer the monstery characters in general, to be honest.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

05-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Steefie
Bolamite

Steefie  (10)

You've enlightened me Munche's Master, I was actually unaware on the NK Triology game you mentioned with all the characters. Do you know what console that was on?

And if there's a new MK, I hope it's for the xbox 360 (even though I don't have one... but the 360 might mean better game graphics etc.).

And I really hope they make the third MK movie as well XD Although I liked the others, as mentioned, they'd probably seem less... appealing, now that I've grown up with better grapgics and stuff. If MK 3 come sout, I'd expect it to have uber graphics (bit of Matrix here, bit of LOTR there...).

There's only one thing I'd like to see in a new MK game... more and more gore lol!! (not that it hasn't got enough already, but hey, there's never too much gore...)

05-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

I liked MK1 and 2, but 3 and above were most pooptacular.

:
There's only one thing I'd like to see in a new MK game... more and more gore lol!! (not that it hasn't got enough already, but hey, there's never too much gore...)
Dot dot dot is all I can say to you... Do you like Saw movies?