Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-18-2003, 04:21 AM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

: Jan 2003
: Atlanta, Georgia
: 76
Shadestorm  (10)
Question What's A Gulchi - Find Out! - Now Works!

For those of you reading a couple of my posts you may have noticed I use a 'Gulchi' as my character, Raz. This is a new species I've made up but not developed.

I have made a picture for you to reference to while I describe the Gulchi:

Copy this URL into browser, sorry it's just that freewebs doesn't allow off-site linking, that's why it didn't work...

http://www.freewebs.com/shadestorm/Images/Gulchi.jpg

Think it is odd enough? I think in needs a bit more 'odd'. In reply you may contibute on version 2 of the Gulchi.

History:

Gulchies are a cheerful race of gentle, insectoid creatures, Gulchies are used in many factories spinning silk, a natural talent of the Gulchies. Also, the blue, thick, rubbery skin the Gulchies wear are used not only as padding of many chairs of the industrials, but are melted down to a highly active glue.

Grand tribes and villages once lived in the trees and jungles of North-Eastern Mudos and it's islands, but too many were captured or hunted for their pelts, and now the ancient cities lay in ruins. There are still many Gulchies in captivity, and a rather large percentage are being accepted into higher positions, now rarely do you see a Gulchy slave.

This acceptance into the industrial world has corrupted the Gulchies, the honorable hunters and trappers of the north-east jungles are now snarling at eachother for higher raises.

Raz
Shocked by the transgression he's made into industrialism, Raz is a confused young gaurd of Tacky Tailoring, the largest clothing factory. He's hopped out of his prison of steel and smoke and into the Spooce-Shrub forest.

He's on a goal to free his race from becoming as the Glukkons and Sligs, and though his journey has just begun (heck, it's been a day in his time) he's on a mission to liberate his corrupted brothers.

To be Continued...

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

Last edited by Shadestorm; 01-21-2003 at 05:16 PM..
01-18-2003, 06:14 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

: -
: 162
FireFrog  (10)
the picture

The picture doesn't show up Shade

01-18-2003, 10:52 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)
Question Hmmm

I have no idea why but you must right-click the picture and click Show Picture for it to show up.

Thanks for informing me FFrog.

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

01-20-2003, 04:03 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

Soz shade, but it looks like the pic still isn't working... even when I press show picture

01-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Latamire_Munch
Fuzzle

: Dec 2002
: Florida or somewhere like that
: 132
Latamire_Munch  (10)

Bah! it doesn't work!!!
01-23-2003, 11:13 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

Hmm... i see....

Cartoony, but I could easily imagin what it would look like. (by the way, it's plenty odd enough)

01-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)
Post well

The reason it is cartoony is cause I did it in Ms Paint.
I really have no other reasources I could do it with.
And it is strange, cause I can do computer graphics better than I draw, so it had to be either cartoony or scribbles.

Thanks! Cya!

------------

01-23-2003, 11:04 PM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

Speaking of CPU Graphix shade, I'm making an OW Webpage... do you have any tips on maker cool looking banners, footers, side bars etc.

01-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

Shadestorm  (10)

Well, I couldn't tell you, because drawing with me is pretty natural, I don't have any techniques. If you showed me some examples of your work, however, I could point out things you should concentrate on/delete/modify.

Thanks, cya later!

------------