03-01-2002, 03:21 PM
FuzzyFuzzle
Spark Stunk

: Sep 2001
: 369
FuzzyFuzzle  (10)
The Calm before The Storm

{OOC: Please excuse the cheesy title. And this takes place BEFORE Terror's End}

Mirv walked through the quiet streets of Pyke with a letter from Olm to a former patient. The general populace of Pyke seemed to have drawn into their houses. The killing spree had had its effects on the entire town, Mirv noticed as he walked briskly down the road. A great wind started to pick up, blowing a piece of torn, bent paper on to his leg. Mirv bent down to throw the paper back to the wind, and noticed its message:

VILLAGERS OF PYKE

The honarble Mayor of Pyke has put out a call to all its brave Mudokon citizens to join the Mudokon Guard. Due to recent jailings, the village needs YOU to help guard vile prisoners. For more information please report to Seltin the Guard Captain.

Mirv paused and looked the paper over again.The Mudokon Guard is drafting? Mirv thought Olm might want to know of this...

"I don't know, Mirv," Olm said, "It's bound to be very dangerous. You have no idea what they might make you do."

"That doesn't matter!" Mirv started "If I could deliver messages to the prisoners-"

"No, Mirv. You're my apprentice, and if anything ever happens to you-"

"-You'll get someone else to carry your messages" Mirv said with a smile. "I'll be careful"

"Well, I don't know....

"It'll be fine. I'll go sign up now"

"But-" Olm started, still hesitant. But by that time Mirv had left the hut.

Mirv made his way to the Mayor's office through the outskirts of the village. As he was just walking down a path that skirted the edges of The Great Forest, he noticed a large Oak tree with a sickly yellow band of sap circling its trunk.

I think I've seen this before...If I don't stop it now it could spread to the rest of the area... Mirv thought as he rushed over to the tree. He quickly reached in his bag to get out his pendant, the final gift he got from his old master. He put it around his neck and placed his hand on the rough bark of the tree. Concentrating, he felt the tree's lifeforce, old and strong, course through him. He immdietly found the source of the proplem, and went to work fixing the hurt. He used all the strength he could muster, and drew a bit from the pendant as well. Finally, a few minutes later, he emerged from the trance to find the disease on the tree had turned grey and brittle, and broke off as soon as he touched it.

As soon as he had finished breaking all the diseased places off, a wave of dizzyness hit him like a tidal wave. It was all he could do to not black out and sit down, leaning against the oak.

"Are you sure it was him?"

"Positive"

"So what now?"

"We wait"

Mirv walked along the path, having returned from the Mayor's office, and had been drafted into the Mudokon Guard. As he walked, he didn't realize that his pendant had started to give off heat....
http://oddworldian.net/misc/banners/FuzzyFuzzle.gif

03-02-2002, 12:13 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
WOW!

Thats good!!!!!

Wrex.