Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

04-22-2009, 05:04 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

: Sep 2007
: N/A
: 650
mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)
Tales of a Mudos mercenary

TALES OF A MUDOS MERCENARY

Every day I spend here at barracks 104 I find my self risking my life for those slaves. The other guard’s want to kill me for it, although some wanted to kill me any just because that’s all we can do in this hell hole, kill a Mudokon or other Sligs. I guess it’s just the lack of action, or the fact that every one is on edge due to the recent terrorist attacks around Mudos. It seems to me that people are getting this idea that we’re next, I think that they’re all crazy.

I know it’s not normal for a Slig to care about Mudokons, but nobody deserves the cruel stuff that happens here. The Sligs here don’t just beat them. They mutilate them, and it’s not just the Mudokons, it’s the other Sligs as well. I can hear screaming at night, don’t know what’s going on exactly but it’s one of those screams you hope to never hear again. And blood is smeared all over the wall’s, And as I walk down these hall’s I can hear gun shots, and slogs with the constant laughter of Sligs as they kill something. I have worked in a lot of both factories and they all seem cruel too. No, this is the worst from what I’ve Seen around here.

I try do as much as I can to help both the mudokons, and my fellow Sligs that are in trouble. But sad to say, one more complaint and I get shipped of to Skillya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter one
As the new day begins, Khain rises out of his sleeping bag. The others in the room were still asleep, the constant snoring made him want to wake them up. But he knew that wasn’t the best idea, the last guy who tried waking every body up was beaten to a bloody mess. He continued to crawl to the pants vendo, after he got suited up he made his way to the mess hall for some breakfast. He soon found out that he was not the only one up, Vance, a friend Khain knew since he arrived at barracks104 was also up. “Hey Vance.” He looked at him. “Hey Khain.” Vance responded. There was silence for a moment then Khain said. “so… any thing new.” Vance flicked one of his tentacles, he then said. “not much, just the same old BS.” Vance then walked off, Khain did the same. ‘ I guess he’s not in the mood for talk’ When he reached the mess hall he wasn’t surprised to find a dead mudokon on the floor. It was a gruesome sight, blood splattered everywhere, same old BS just like Vance said. Then all the sudden the intercom buzzed on and a Glukkon voice said. “Khain! Report to my office. NOW!”

Khain sighed then walked out of the mess hall, on his way out he heard a voice. “well, well, well. Looks like they’re gonna finally ship your pansy A-” before the Slig could say any more Khain grabbed hold of his head and slammed it into the wall. Then he took the butt of his gun and slammed against his back, he then waited till he was flat on the ground before putting the barrel of the gun up against his head. Khain took a moment to identify the Slig. It was Teron, one of the most laziest, bigmouth, most stubborn Slig that Khain has ever had the misfortune to meet. Although he did not think of Teron as a threat, he was very annoying, and he badmouthed him when ever he got the chance. “Ya know, you really need to learn when to shut up.” Teron did not move or say anything for fear of being shot. Teron was also coward, he always tried to runaway from fights as long as there wasn’t a gun to his head. Well, today was not his day. “ That’s what I thought. You could never beat me and if I ever hear you say any thing like that again, well…” Khain nodded his head toward the gun.

He then pulled the weapon away to see what he would do next. Teron got back up off the floor, he clenched his fists wanting to do something but couldn’t due to the fact that Khain had gun and he had nothing. Khain walked away leaving Teron alone with his thoughts. He continued to head toward the General’s office heading through a few lifts and security voice locks, he began to wonder what he did wrong this time. ‘ aw man, can’t believe they’re just going to get rid of me. Maybe they just wanted to get me out of here so there wont be any more… problems.’ as he reached the final elevator he noticed two guards were waiting for him. One of the guards held out hand and shouted. “halt!” Khain did as told and stopped. “Give me your weapon.” Khain gave the guard his weapon and walked into the elevator. When the elevator reached the top he saw that the glukkon and his body guards waiting for him.

Last edited by mr.odd; 04-22-2009 at 05:21 PM..
04-22-2009, 10:10 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Sounds awesome so far

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-23-2009, 08:04 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

Where are all these good stories comin from suddenly?
First Alexfili, then Oddey makes a sequel, then ABM, and now this!
Good 'un, keep going.
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

We're all just a bunch of writers who love Oddworld. We should definately team up one day and make the most epic compilation fanfic ever made

[B]
floofyderg.live

04-23-2009, 02:17 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

:
We should definately team up one day and make the most epic compilation fanfic ever made
I can see that working out, it would be a bit difficult though.
04-23-2009, 02:36 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

One way it could work is that everyone writes one character, and then we each write different chapters from each characters perspective.

So it would go like; A-B-C-D-A, and another person could write B-C-D-A-B... something like that anyway.

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the lift came to a stop Khain could tell that he was in for some real trouble, four guards and an angry Glukkon, not a good mix. Colonel Vanguard was the Gluks name, he risen through the ranks through cunning tactics, aggressive force, and lies. As Khain stepped out of the lift the Colonel immediately said; “Time to prove your loyalty, are you on our side or you on those filthy Creatures?” Before Khain could respond The Colonel quickly made his way in front of his desk and nodded at one of the guards. One of the Sligs pulled a lever by Vanguard’s desk, A hatch on the ground opened up and a mudokon prisoner was pulled out of the hole by one of the guards. The hatch then shut, Colonel Vanguard grunted and a guard walked up to Khain and held out a pistol. Khain took the pistol stood there, making no sudden movements. “ Now Khain, this mudokon Was trying to escape but of course we responded in kind by capturing him. Now the penalty for escaping is death and seeing your such close friends I thought you might do the honors.”

Khain shook his head and stared at the ground for a moment before saying; “ NO. NO I will not do your dirty work.” Vanguard laughed before responding to what appeared to him as a joke. “Now Khain I know your kidding, because if your not you know I will have fire you and send you back to queen Skillya. Look, don’t throw your life away for some replaceable worker’s. Do you think it’s really worth the risk?” Khain did not respond, he walked over to the Mudokon and put the pistol to his head. The Colonel walked to the lift. “Good. The guards will make sure you don’t… screw up.” Khain did nothing for several minutes, motionless holding the pistol to the poor mudokons head. One of the guards growled. “ HEY! Hurry it up, I got places to be, things do, slaves to kill!” Khain leaned closer to the prisoner and in a low voice said; “I’m sorry.” and at that moment he pulled the trigger and the corps tumbled to the floor. Two of the guards picked up the body and walked toward the lift waiting for it to return, The other two walked over to the desk and began searching the desk, one of them then said; “glad to know your on our side, your not one of them your one of us.” the other then responded. “ about dam time, that was ten minutes of my life ill never get back. He’s not one of us, he’s just one of those slave loving pansies.” Khain looked back and raised the pistol to the nearest Slig. “you’re right about one thing, I’m not one of you.” Khain shot them both, and at that moment the other two Sligs dropped the body and ran toward Khain. But before they could fire back Khain shot one of them in the head, the other in the ribcage. Surprisingly the one shot in the ribcage was still alive, hacking blood he yelled out. “Don’t know what your doing, you got an entire barrack to fight now! And-” before he could finish Khain silenced him for good.
Khain ran to the lift and pressed a button that took him to the ground floor.
05-10-2009, 04:58 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 3: Escape from barracks 104
==============================
As the lift came to a stop, the two guards that Khain had met earlier immediately spotted him. But it seemed they did not hear the gun shots and unaware of what happened. “Yo Khain, did the boss get pissed or what?” Khain stepped off the lift, he walked past them with out saying anything. The one guard then yelled out: “Fine, be that way ass hole.” Khain turn and shot them both. When they’re bodies fell, Khain walked over and took his rifle plus ammunition from the other guards. He then noticed that one of them took the clip from his rifle. ‘yea, I’m the ass hole.’ Khain thought to him self. He began pulling the bodies down the hallway. Half way down the corridor was a garbage shoot that was large enough to stuff the bodies so that he could not set off any alarms.
He then began making his way to an armory, passing through several lifts, voice locks, and other security, Khain wondered how he was going to defeat a whole barrack. With the odds against him and no plan at all, Khain’s chances of survival were very slim. But it was only a matter of time before some one discovered the dead bodies in the office.

When Khain reached the armory he loaded up on spare clips, grenades, and some explosives. He also put on armor so he could withstand some heavy fire. His next move was to make it to the security office, although he was unsure what he would do at that point. all the sudden he heard gun fire coming from out side the armory. Khain hid so that he could catch the attackers off guard, he positioned him self behind some ammo crates near the door. A few Sligs walked in, they did not spot him as they searched through room. Khain tossed one grenade between them, then he quickly ran out of the armory. After a huge boom rang through the halls, Several Armored Sligs came his way.
“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE!” one of them shouted. They ignored Khain and ran into the destroyed armory, while Khain decided to run past them because of they’re
Power in numbers and the fact that they too wore armor.

After an hour of searching, Khain had finally reached the security office. With only one Slig, Khain decided to just kill him. He pulled the corpse out so that he had enough room to work due to the small compact office. Khain then searched the terminals for a map of the barracks, several minutes of searching no luck. However he did find what level the exit was on and how to free the mudokons. He also found out how to blow up the barracks by causing the reactor to overload, the only thing now was to locate Vance and get him out of here. But he was nowhere to be found, all the cameras showed just about every inch of barracks, Khain was surprised the Slig he killed did not sound an alarm.

Finally Khain found Vance. But he was being taken to a train held at gun point. He could not help him, but it was better for the moment because it that meant Khain could round up some mudokons and get them on that train. Khain then activated the intercom. “Attention all Slig’s Guarding the Slave holding cells, we need all mudokons to uhhh… take em to the Train station in uhhhh….. Sector one block C floor 5.” As he watched the security monitors it seemed every thing was going well, the Mudokons were put on the train and no body seemed to care. Khain then began searching the terminal for the reactor controls, with luck he found it and immediately Khain set it to overload in one hour. Hopefully that was enough time to get out of that mess before everything went up in flames.
==========================
Well, how is it so far?
05-11-2009, 10:57 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

sorry about not replying before, i didnt notice you'd updated.

yeah, pretty good, it kept me reading.
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

So many good Slig stories at the moment, I'll try and give this a read

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Good to know some people like it, i will have the next chapter later this week.
i'm pretty busy this week so ill try to update it ASAP.
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
stonetooth
Boombat

: Dec 2008
: Texas
: 238
stonetooth  (54)

Koolio. Seems lots of people have started making "new" fanfics, per se.
"The judge knew that he was full of shit and gave him twenty five years and now his heart is filled with tears. That night it was getting late. He was butt-raped by a large inmate, and he screamed. but the guards payed no attention to his cries. that's when things got out of control. The moral of the date rape story: it does not pay to be drunk and horny." -Sublime, Date Rape

05-12-2009, 01:21 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I was quite surprised to see Khain go on a rampage. I thought he would just exit more quietly... Isn't it a bit hypocritical for him to be shooting all the Sligs before they even have a chance to say "Freeze"? What if he accidently shoots Vance?

Still, I really like the action packed nature of this story, you've done a great job of setting up the Slig characters without making them overly melodramatic.

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-17-2009, 06:36 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter four: T-minus one

As a lift descended, Khain prepared for his exit. He would simply board the train, take out any opposing forces, and leave barracks 104 forever. When the lift came to a halt, armored bros were patrolling The floor. Khain had to be careful not to give them any reason to attack. He walked off the lift pass large behemoths, till he came to locked door. Unfortunately, Khain could not pass the large door due to the fact it could only be accessed by Big Bro Sligs. As much he did not want to, Khain walked up to one of them with a loud commanding tone. “You! Open that door, I must pass.” The large Slig looked at him and grunted, then laughed. “look pipsqueak, all you have to do is ask.” The Bro walked over to the voice lock and opened the way for Khain. “All right, now get! I got a Patrol to get back to.” The Bro growled. Khain then walked through the doorway and found him self out side. As he stood outside on one of the walls, he noticed That other Sligs were patrolling the stock yards down below. ‘they must be looking for something, or someone.’ He thought. Then he saw a lone mudokon running, most likely trying to escape. Khain also noticed a watch tower was going reveal his location. Insisting on helping, Khain Climbed up to the top of tower. When he got there, the Guard operating the tower turned. “Hey you.” Khain froze. “cover for me will ya pal. I need to get some shut eye.” “will do.” Khain responded. After the guard left, Khain turned the spot light toward the other direction of the mudokon. After he was sure the mudokon was safe enough. Khain placed down an explosive charge. After leaving the tower, he activated the bomb.

After the tower went down, All near by Sligs focused on the destroyed tower, leaving Khain and the Mudokon to make their escape. When Khain reached the loading dock, An Alarm was Sounded, then the intercom came on. “Attention all Personal, We have a traitor in our midst. He has single handedly killed several of your fellow Sligs and activated the Reactor overload sequence. The culprit, Khain! KILL HIM! He is the Slig wearing armor.” Thankfully other sligs were as well wearing Armor, and they began shooting each other. Khain pulled a few pins off some of the grenades he was carrying, then threw them in the large confusion. Then Khain ran to the train. but before he could get on, he was electrocuted . As Khain fell to the floor, he saw a security orb and a big bro Slig standing over him. Khain then blacked out.
==========================================================
Khain didn't go on a rampage, he simply took out a few Sligs that were either a threat, or Sligs he thought that did not deserve to live.(in his opinion.) Also, Khain was enraged with anger, so he got a little careless. also the other Sligs did not suspect him of being a traitor.

Last edited by mr.odd; 05-17-2009 at 06:38 PM..
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

this is getting good.

i could imagine the sligs shooting each other in the confusion, turning it into an unneccesary blood bath. typical sligs.

and i wasnt expecting him to get caught, i was surprised he got himself stunned so very close to his freedom.

i'll be awaiting your next update.
05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 5: Heading home

A bright light flared on, blinding Khain as he awoke from being stunned. As he scanned his surroundings, he noticed not only his armor and weapons were taken away, but also his pants. The industrial interior looked like a prison cell of sort. Then a buzzer rang and thick metal door opened. A Chronicler stepped through the door, wearing a black suit , red tie, and a top hat with a white band around it. He was also holding a briefcase in one hand.
“Hello Khain, you were out for almost 12 hours. I was beginning to think you were in a coma.” Khain still startled and confused, looked at the creature and said. “Where am I? Who are you? And how do you know my name?” After the door shut, The Chronicler sat down on the bunk in the cell. “Well your in the Magog prison, and I’m the one person who is going to save you from becoming lunch. And well… lets just say we have monitoring you for a while now.” Khain was silent for moment.

“well, can I it least have your name? and care to explain what’s going on?”

“My name is MR. Bruss, I work for an… agency that…. Removes individuals if you will.”

“Go on”

“Right, well you have been selected to join this agency. And I’m sure your well aware of you attempts at basically destroying barracks 104.”

“Attempts?”

“Some one was on to your little rebellion and shut down reactor and reported you to General Vangaurd. Any way, because of your actions, you have been asked to join our little…”

“Agency?”

“Yes, Agency. Any who, your abilities can be of use to us. So, what do you say?”

“Wait, what happened to Vance and the mudokons?”

“Your Friend Vance was arrested for Attempting to set free the mudokons, only he failed at what you accomplished. As for the mudokons, they were taken to a different establishment, which I will not reveal.”

‘This was too much’ Khain thought. Still confused at what was happening. He wondered what was happening to Vance and what punishments he would or had already encountered.

Mr. bruss looked at his watch.
“Well, I must get going. If decide to join us call me” He handed Khain a business card.
“Or if you decide to take your chances with the Slig queen, WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND, Just let warden know. You have five days to decide, good day.”

As Mr. bruss left, Khain looked at the card. It said.

Velon Mercenary services. there was no phone number on it.
05-21-2009, 08:08 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

the chronicler came as a surprise. interesting turn.
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I'll give this a read tonight, can't wait to see if Khain has totally lost his mind

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
joshkrz
Outlaw Cutter

: May 2009
: UK | West Yorkshire | Leeds
: 1,062
joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)

wow nice ending, cant wait for the next one
05-21-2009, 07:32 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 6: The Warden

Three hours after Mr. Bruss left, a guard knocked on Khains cell door. “Hey Slig, the warden wants a word with ya.” The door was immediately opened. Two Wovlark Guards walked in, cuffed him, and dragged him out. Khain did not struggle, he felt useless with out his gear. While he was being dragged down the dark corridors of the magog prison, he noticed his cell was placed in a high security cell block. He also noticed Bro Sligs were the only ones in those cells, which surprised Khain, considering he was practically helpless in his state. But he was sure they had their reasons.

After being dragged for what felt like hours, They finally arrived at the wardens office.
The door opened automatically, inside was a small desk sitting next to another door. Sitting at the desk was a clakker filling out paperwork, the clakker then pushed a button on the intercom. “That new Slig is here boss.” there was long pause before the warden responded. “All right, send em in.” The clakker stood up and opened the door, then guards gave it a “1...2...3...” before tossing Khain in the room. Khain fell to the floor with thud, the guards closed the door.

Khain stood up on his hands. Looking at surroundings, Khain saw that the wardens office had many hunting trophies hanging on the walls. He also saw a large desk placed by a large window, overlooking the prison court yard most likely. Behind the desk was a chair facing the window. “Sorry about that, ill have a talk with those boys. Now let me give you the rundown on how stuff works around here. First.-”

“Now hold on! What the hell have you done with Vance.”
The Chair turned, sitting in that chair was a wovlark dressed in a white suit.
“Hasn’t any one told you it’s RUDE TO INTERUPT! Now I’m gonna forget you said that now.” Khain remained motion less, while the Warden opened up a drawer on his desk and pulled out a folder. He opened it and took one of the documents inside.
“Now your friend is in solitary confinement, for trying to free you.” The warden threw the file on the desk, he handed the document to Khain. Khain read the document saying how Vance is now being monitored by “Special” guards, and that he is also being placed in “the Box” for three days. The warden clasped his hands and leaned back in his chair.

“Now son you can either co-operate, or we can just send ya to Skillya, it’s your choice.”

“one more question first, this Chronicler named Mr. Buss-.”

“I will contact him if you decide to join him, but I can easily just say no to his offer on releasing you UNLESS you co-operate. Unfortunately your friend wont be joining you, he will be sent to Queen Skillya.”
Khain was horrified at the thought of Vance being Eaten. He slammed his fist into the ground.
“Now don’t ya worry, Ya friend is gonna be just fine, Mr.Bruss is making an arrangement to place him into a new Factory.” Khain felt a sense of relief. He was bit more clam after having some reinsurances of Vances’ well being. Finnaly Khain spoke.

“ok, you were saying.” The warden Smiled.

“Good, now Mr.Bruss is offering a lot of Moolah for yer freedom. And I accepted that as long as you don't cause any trouble while ya think about his offer. So here’s how it’s going down, You just don’t breath a word of this conversation to any one, and you do as I say. Got it.”

Khain nodded. The warden pressed a button on his desk. The two guards walked back in.

“Good…Now boys see that Khain gets back to his cell, and put him back gently will ya now.”

Last edited by mr.odd; 05-22-2009 at 09:46 PM..
05-22-2009, 12:07 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

The end of Chapter 5 reminds me of those spy stories when they pluck a high-quality person out of a place they don't belong. A bit like the Hitman series!

This story has taken quite an exciting turn. I have to admit the story gets quite interesting in the later chapters I wonder if Vance will appear in the Tribe RPG That would be cool! (Maybe I could play his character?)

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-22-2009, 04:53 AM
joshkrz
Outlaw Cutter

: May 2009
: UK | West Yorkshire | Leeds
: 1,062
joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)joshkrz  (572)

reminds me of The Shawshank Redemption, god knows why. its getting better, i want a film
05-22-2009, 07:26 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

i found the idea of a wolvark as a prison warden very fitting. this reminds me of the film Cool Hand Luke.

i'm enjoying it.
05-22-2009, 10:36 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

This also reminds me of the G-Man in Half Life

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-22-2009, 09:31 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 7 First day

Despite what the warden said, The guards still tossed Khain in his cell like body bag. But he knew he had to get used to it, after all it was prison and not a fancy hotel. Khain then crawled in the bunk, he was still a bit tired after being stunned, dragged through dark corridors, and being thrown to the ground. He slipped off his mask then dozed off.

The next day, Khain was awoken by the thick metal cell door opening. “Hey Slig! Get up and get some grub.” The wovlark in door stood with an angry expression on his face. Khain crawled out of bed and slipped his mask on. Then he followed the guard to the mess hall. When he arrived he saw that the mess hall contained mostly Sligs, a few Outlaws, Clakkerz, Interns, and Wovlarks. Khain got in line behind one of the Interns. When Khain was next to get his food, A big bro Slig immediately cut in front of him. “What the hell man!” The bro turned to face Khain. He laughed, got his food, then walked off. As angry as Khain was, he just had to let it go. Big bro Sligs with out pants were still dangerous, and it wasn’t worth dying over it. Khain sat down at table with wide variety of criminals sitting there as well. Khain was quite surprised at how many different species were arrested for dealing in Magog affairs.

After Khain was done eating, He went outside in the court yard to get some fresh air before he had to return to his cell. Out side was large crowd of prisoners surrounding something. Khain made his way up to the crowd, Squeezing his way through. In the center was a fight between two Bro Sligs, both of them were in pretty bad shape, the ground was paved with each others blood. “typical.” Khain whispered. One of the Bro Sligs was about to topple over from loss of blood, the other was still full of energy, he looked like he could go another round. But sadly the other Slig fell to the ground, with the victor raising a fist in the air.

After spending time in the court yard, Khain Went back to his cell. He then looked at the card Mr.Bruss gave him. Thinking about his options, He realized the only way he could save Vance was to join the Velon mercs. But Khain did not want Vance to suffer working in another factory, he’s been through enough. What if it was worse than barracks 104? Khain had to get Vance out of solitary confinement and out of Magog prison. Khain however could not escape, Mr.Bruss would probably just track Khain down. If they were monitoring him for while, they had to have thought he was worth something.

Then A voice came from out side the cell. “well well well. Look who got caught.” Khain recognized that obnoxious ‘well well well’, It was none other Than Teron.
05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 8 It never ends.
Teron, Khains cowardly nemesis. “Teron, what an unpleasant surprise.” Teron Laughed. “Curious?”
“Not really.”
“well I got transferred here, as for colonel or should I say general Vanguard got promoted.”
Khain then remembered Mr.Bruss called Vanguard a general, But only realizing it now.

“Wait why did he get promoted?”
“Don’t know, don’t care, any way I just decided to transfer myself here so I could pay you back for that little incident. So now I’m now your worst nightmare.”
Khain laughed hysterically for a moment .
“HA, YOU! Your more like that bad itch that wont go away. I bet you were too scared to stay after all the gun fire, that’s the real reason you’re here. Face it Teron Your just a coward and you also couldn’t stand the fact that I was better that you in every way.”
Teron growled with anger, he slammed his fist against the door.
“you should watch yourself, or you’ll find your self in the box, or dead.”
Khain laughed again.
“I don’t think the warden will like that, you see, a group of mercenary’s are paying top Moolah to keep me alive.”
Teron then laughed as well.
“Okay then ill pick on Vance, His spirit is already broken. Maybe I should just finish him off.”
Khain then grabbed Teron by the tentacles and pulled his head through the bars.
“look now. That Slig has been through enough, you mess with him and you’ll find your head mounted in my cell. The warden wont care what happens to you, your replaceable.”
Khain then released his hold on Teron. Teron fell to the ground. Khain looked at him, waiting for his next move. Teron got up and walked away without saying anything.
‘Teron, a guard here.’ He thought, unsure what to make of it. Some how he knew Teron would not let this go, he would most likely try to claim revenge. Khain knew he had to watch his back.

When it was lunch time, Khain decided to skip his next meal and go look for Vance’s cell.
He thought to himself. ’where would they place “the box”.’ Khain then decided to go to the court yard. With luck he found what might be solitary confinement, A stair way was leading underneath the prison with wovlark guards heading in and out. Khain walked down through the passage way, the guards did not seem to mind. Then Khain saw a guard opening one of the cells, a crawling Slig walked out. Khain recognized the scar on his arm, it was Vance. “Yep, the Warden decided to take pity on ya and let you out early.” Vance walked over to Khain, he did not recognize him. “Yo Vance! It’s me Khain” Vance looked back. “O man, sorry didn’t recognize ya.” Khain and Vance walked out of solitary confinement. They talked in the courtyard about what happened to them so far. They were both happy to get to talk to each other. Then Khain told Vance how he would have to escape, and how Khain could not follow. “Now wait just a sec, this Chronicler is offering you a job. And you cant escape because you think he will track us both down?” Khain saw how Vance could not under stand the situation. “Well yes, They have been watching me for some time, they paid a lot of moolah to get me out of here, they know I would rather join them then go up against Skillya. I have no choice.” they were both silent for along time. Then Vance spoke. “well then, I guess it’s time to make my escape. So whats the plan?”
05-28-2009, 05:43 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 9: Fight
==========================================================
Khain thought for a moment on how he was going to get Vance out. “honestly, I have no idea, so far I have just been making this up as I go along. “ Vance chuckled “Really. So what was your plan when you got to solitary confinement, Or were you just going to attack the guards with your bare hands?” Khain did not answer, he instead crawled to the mess hall. When he and Vance got there, Khain suddenly had a solution. “I got it. We can sneak you out in the food shipment.” then they heard a laughter. Behind them sitting at one of the tables, an out law dressed in a orange prison jump suite then said. “do you really think nobody here has tried that already? Come on, the guards search vehicle that comes through here.” Khain crawled over to the table to sit, Vance did the same. “So you have a better plan?” replied Khain in a sarcastic voice. The outlaw grunted. “Maybe I do. Maybe I can even help you two get out.”
“O I don’t need escape, just my friend here.”
The outlaw looked at him as if he insane
“That some kinda joke Slig, or you just like wasting my time.”
“look I can’t escape for reasons I cant say, so just help us out.”
“what ever, just meet me in the court yard during dinner tomorrow.”
The outlaw then stood up and walked away. Khain and Vance got in line for lunch.
When they got to the front, the same bro that cut in front of Khain yesterday, did it again.
Then some one yelled out. “geeze fatty, take all the food why don’t ya.” The bro turned to face Khain. “Ya got a problem short stuff.”
“I didn’t say anything.” Khain replied calmly
“Ya think I’m dumb, I heard what ya said.”
Before Khain could reply, the bro Slig took his tray, then dumped it all over Khain. The Bro Slig laughed as Khain wiped the food off his mask. Then Khain grabbed a hand full of the slop and chucked it at the bro. In return, the bro Slig picked up Khain by the tentacles, while Vance was crawling off to somewhere. Khain tried to fight back, but it was no use.

Then an unknown object hit the bro Slig on head, which caused him to release his hold on Khain. Vane was the one who threw the item, what he threw was a flash grenade, which then went off blinding everyone in the mess hall. Khain while temporarily blind, crawled away from the bro. When Khain began to gain his sight back, he saw that the bro was trying to get a hold of Vance. Khain leaped on the Sligs back and as a reaction, the bro tried to reach for Khain in stead. A moment later Khain saw three metal canisters dropped out of no where, but realized it was knock out gas. As the gas sprayed out and began to take out half the crowd, Guards wearing gas masks and carrying shields, swarmed in and formed into a defensive formation around the exits. Khains mask prevented him from passing out, but fortunately the bro was not wearing one. Khain leaped off the bro before he fell on his back, then putting his hands on his head.
05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I hope Khain manages to get Vance out, then I can play as Vance in the Tribe RPG

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-29-2009, 06:07 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

i liked the scene where Khain was threatening Teron.

good stuff.
06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

Chapter 10: planning part A
Two guards ran up to Khain, one pointing a gun in his face, the other cuffing him. Then the two dragged Khain off out of the mess hall. When they reached the wardens office, Teron was waiting for them at the door. “looks like your dead meat now.” Khain said nothing, Teron laughed as the Wovlarks tossed him through the door.

The warden was standing looking out the window into the court yard. “I heard about ya little fight, got something to say for ya self.”
“I did not start that fight, I just-”
“It don’t matter… Mr.Bruss was pleased to hear this news, asked me to let this go.”
Khain was silent, wondering what was in stored for him.
“Ill forget this little incident. However, I also heard ya were trying to break out… care to explain.”
Khain could not say anything, unsure on how the warden would react.
“Let me tell ya something. I DON’T like it when some one plans to ESCAPE. I don’t care how much Mr.Bruss is paying, I will send you to Skillya right now if that will prevent this.” The warden turned, he walked over to his desk and sat down in the chair.
“Now you need to decide what you are going to do. Are you going to throw away your life just so you can escape? Or are you-”
“I’m not trying to escape, I was just trying to get my friend out.” The warden leaned back in his chair.
“Really, is that so? Well now, that’s even worse. Breaking out your self is one thing, but breaking others out and staying here is another. Do you really think that your just gonna take advantage of me and Mr. Bruss like that, I don’t think so.”
The warden pressed a button on his desk.
“now your friend is going back into solitary confinement till your out of my prison.”
Khain pounded one fist on the floor.
“you can’t do that, don’t throw him in because of my intensions.” The warden then stood up, the expression on his face showed that he did not take kindly to demands.
“Now son, I’m going to forget ya said that. But don’t you tell me what I can or cant do, trust me I can, and I will.”
The two guards walked in and grabbed Khain by the arms, then pulled him off.

When they came to his cell, the guards tossed him in like normal and said. “the warden wants ya to just stay in your cell for the rest of the day, your dinner will be sent up to ya.”
Khain laid on his bunk with the cuffs still attached. He thought how he was going to get Vance out now. Hours past before Khain got dinner. When he did, the guards finally took his cuffs off. Khain ate his food then handed the tray to the guards.

Khain then laid back on his bunk. He pulled out the card out from under his mattress, the stared at it. ‘why me? What makes me so special from the others?’