Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Oddworld Forums Updates

As you may have already noticed, we have added some new things to Oddworld Forums...

Post Icons:
These now have an Oddworld theme rather than the standard UBB icons. We chose to use the Mudokon Mood faces. Credit to Sydney for creating and Lampion for touching up.

Last Post in Topic Listing:
The topic listing now shows the name of the person who last posted in each topic. Very helpful for seeing if a new person has responded.

Stars Included in Status Levels:
We have added an addition to the status levels. Some of you will notice stars under your name now. These will increase with the number of posts you have... but less frequent than the status levels. Admins have gold stars, Mods silver and users bronze. We were considering tiny OWI logos for this... but they did not work out due to the size.

Minor Bug Fix in Post Display
I actually noticed a bug in when people without signatures posted a small post, the post would squash in the middle of the cell. I fixed this, so everyone's posts should look even now.

Don't Forget the Rules:
Even though they are not currently linked on the forums... don't forget to abide by the Rules. We will be soon linking these to the forum pages as was done in the ezBoard and possibly revising them. However, we must say, MOST people have been very rule abiding!

Abe Babe...
Co-Administrator
Oddworld Forums

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-25-2001, 08:20 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Apr 2001
: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

I don't see any new emoticons... hmmmmmm

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-25-2001, 08:23 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Ya man... I don't see the new Oddicons! What is the deal the only oddworld ones I gots are the fuzzles! LAME!

HeHe, these guys are a HooT!

04-26-2001, 12:08 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

hey stop whinging! Those fuzzle emoticons are fantastic, as are the new OddForums changes (I didn't notice the bug but am glad it's fixed).
If you guys want to use different emoticons, stop hassling the admins and make them yourselves like Oddbodd did. Alternatively you could also use the posticons as emoticons like this.

Now stop hassling those admins!
04-26-2001, 02:00 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

It has come to my attention that some members cannot see the new changes due to settings in their web browser. To see the new changes, do this:

1 - Click 'Reply' button
2 - when the page has loaded, hold SHIFT and click the refresh button of your browser.
3 - Mudokon Face symbols should replace the default Message Icons (no need to click 'add reply')

[ April 25, 2001: Message edited by: Pacen ]
04-26-2001, 03:15 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Thank you Pacen for filling in when me and Sydney are not around... always much appreciated!

The additions were not oddicons... they were post icons or message icons. These are the ones that are at the top of the message box!

We could consider using them as Oddicons too however.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!