Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

05-25-2004, 10:35 PM
indigo
Zappfly

: May 2004
: Italy
: 2
indigo  (10)
Question Oddworld munch's oddysee, dead river help me please!!!!!!

Hi! I'm desperate 'cause of level Dead river. I have saved all the Mudokon, I have opened all the doors, I have brought back water in the village but when arrival to two blue discs of the transfer the guide appears and it says "congratulations you have saved the village but before going you must succeed to enter in the house of Lulu and take his money". The problem is: where it is the entrance to the house of Lulu???????? I'm blocked here from more than a month.... help me please.....
05-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Hmm... Let me think...

*Thinks*

I'm sure you're not supposed to get Lulu's cash, as you're collecting it for him.

From Sinjin Solves:

:
Dead River - SCRUBS: 0 NATIVES: 8 FUZZLES: 0 SPOOCE: 30

Abe takes the lead in this level. Head across the bridge and into the village. The cliffs contain large quantities of Spooce that you will need later. Stock up, then go off in search of Mudokons 1-4 scattered about the village. One is on the ground next to a hut as you cross the bridge. Another is on a high bridge above where you enter the village. This guy requires a drink from the Bounce Vendo to reach. The third native is at the top of the spire. Go up the broken spiral walkway jumping over the gaps until you reach the top. Toss him down then look around. You should spot the final Mudokon on a section of broken bridge. You can make the jump across and toss him down.

Round up your crew and bring them to the door with the four Chant Circles. Get them to work and the door will open into the next area. This next area has several Slig Bouncers. Start sending in possession orbs and destroy all the Sligs however you see fit. You can walk them into the mines or over the cliff, or have them beat each other up, or just explode.

When the area is clear you can lead your Mudokons past the mines and the closed well on the right and continue down the path. Add Mudokon 5 to your party and continue to the Transformation Shrine where you can upgrade everyone into Tomahawkers.

Swing by the Resurrection Totem and pick up Mudokon 6, the Mudarcher. Return to the closed well and tell your Mudokons to wait. Chant to create a possession orb and send it through the mines and over the wall to possess the nearest Slig. Now have him cross the metal bridge and flip the lever to open the well near your Mudokons. While you have control of this Slig feel free to do a little recon down further down the canyon. When you are done you can explode your Slig or have him go out fighting.

Now start tossing Mudokons into the well to shoot them over the mines and the wall into the shallow water. When they are all across hop in and join them. Lead them up the ramp avoiding the floating mines, and have Mudokon 7 join you. Lead all seven Tomahawkers into the Transformation Shrine and upgrade them to Mudarchers.

Cross the bridge and slowly head down the canyon. Don't go too fast, as you only want to engage one or two Sligs at a time. Your archers will take down all ground units and any Sligs perched on the higher ledges. Hop up on the wooden ledge on the right wall and make your way to the bridge that crosses to the other side. Go about halfway across this bridge then create a 4-5 Spooce possession orb. Send it along the catwalk to the remaining Slig and possess him. Have him walk around to the rear and drop into the area behind the explosive crate wall. Shoot any Sligs then open fire on the crates to destroy the blockade. Explode your Slig when you are done.

Have Abe and his crew sweep the area until you arrive at the SpooceLock. If you have killed everyone there is no need to spend the Spooce to activate the Zapper. Head down the narrow path and Mudokon 8 will complete your party for this level. Enter the canyon at the end and have everyone get to work chanting on the Storm Circle. This floods a section of the level you were just at.

Time for Munch to do something. He should be waiting back at the beginning unless you've moved him. Hop in a wheelchair to speed up the trip to the Travel Well near the mines and jump in. You land in the water on the other side that has just been made much deeper by Abe and his team of chanting Mudokons. Jump over the floating mine and then through the opening in the wall.

Head left and jump onto the ground then flip the lever to open a door elsewhere in the level. Cross over to the final door and flip the lever to open it and enter. The Shaman congratulates you, but the level isn't over just quite yet.

Abe can now lead his elite fighting force back down the narrow canyon and through the opening that was previously blocked with those explosive crates. Watch out for any Sligs that may pop out of the dispenser on the right. Your archers should cut them down quickly.

Follow the trail back to the door that Munch just opened and enter. Order your archers to attack the Armored Slig Poppers perched on the towers. Wait for a Slig to get shot off any of the platforms then jump up to safety while your Mudokons eliminate this final threat from below. Join Munch at the Teleporters and leave this level.
Haven't got the time to figure it out myself...
- And you're still a dick.

05-26-2004, 07:08 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

Welcome to the zee forums indigo!

Have a nice stay...

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
indigo
Zappfly

: May 2004
: Italy
: 2
indigo  (10)
Oddworld thanksssssssssssss

10QQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're great pal!!!!!!!!

[100%=AlphaScrab]Hmm... Let me think...

*Thinks*

I'm sure you're not supposed to get Lulu's cash, as you're collecting it for him.

From Sinjin Solves:

Haven't got the time to figure it out myself...[/QUOTE]
04-12-2005, 09:49 AM
jadecroft
Zappfly

: Apr 2005
: mississippi
: 1
jadecroft  (10)
dead river

help iam also stuck in dead river for awhile now i printed this out and went to work on the game i still cant get my teleporter to wrok what have i missed i even replayed the whole level 3 times i just dont know what to do please help me ..jade
05-09-2005, 07:50 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

probably, one of the mudarchers is standing on the teleporter too, get them all outside then try again, it should work