Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-18-2001, 06:22 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)
Hm... Just something that occurred to me...

We all know that the big brother sligs need to take steroids to maintain that impressive musculature (presumably cause they're too Odd damned lazy to exercise), but if they were to stop taking them, what'd happen? People seem to think they'd revert to "normal" status, but... hm. I don't know. For one their skeletons wouldn't change shape; they'd have to have the change to convert them to BB status done when they're still in the larval stage...

*yells* Hak, come explain what happens...

Hak: *sniffily* I ain't 'splainin' nothin'. Fer one, I got a hangover. Fer two, yer a nosey bugger who wants to know too much.

Oh. Fine. *sighs* That's me told, then.

04-18-2001, 07:12 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

sligs don't get changed into bigbros as larvae, because change into bigbro is a kind of promotion: they turn the best sligs into bigbros.

i think that the steroids do change the skeletons, and that the process is incredibly painful. in my fic, the return process is even more painful, as the skeleton returns to normal.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-18-2001, 08:31 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

I think they'd go crazy from the lack of steroids and would forget about eating and drinking until they got more.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-19-2001, 07:30 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

in the fic, they become very aggressive and irrational, and act on impulse. this goes on for about three days, then they are back to normal.

bit of a hangover, though.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-19-2001, 10:31 PM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

I think that sligs become addicted to the sterrods when they first take them. And if you took them off sterrods they would die. Maybe thats the way you would have to kill big bros?
04-19-2001, 10:54 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Possibly, but of course there'd be other ways to kill them such as possessing them then doing whatever you want with them
04-20-2001, 10:45 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

I guess the bigbro's are just some sort off addicted, aggressive steroid junks. Without their stuf they die within three days. You don't wanna meet one then.

04-20-2001, 03:45 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

I think the whole steriods is just a metaphor or something...maybe they like radiate the slig or something. steroids doesn't mutate

04-20-2001, 04:28 PM
Godd
Stunk

: 44
Godd  (10)

What are big bros???
are they some new character in Munch's Odyssey?

what do they look like? like sligs?
and where will we meet them in the game? everywhere, like the sligs? or only in very resctricted areas?
04-20-2001, 04:53 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Big Brothers are higher status sligs, and they are hyooge. ..!

Anyway, I reckon they just need the steroids to maintain that bulk. I've got a rudimentary understanding of the drugs, after all, being a pharmacy student... (*smiles*) I think they're just too Odd-damned lazy to exercise. *laughs at the thought of a skinny BBS*

Hak: *dark, ominous look* Who you callin' lazy...?

Um... maybe I better run, now... *sprints off*