Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)
The Official Oddworld Forums Migration Poll

To gain a clear idea of what the majority of Oddworld Forums' members think of the recent move from EZboard to the UBB, make use of this poll.

Obviously some people are still quite angry over the move, for various reasons. As well as voting, list your reasons for liking or not liking the UBB or EZboard.

< !-- Begin Poll Code -->
Oddworld Forums
Are you pleased with Oddworld Forums' move from EZboard to UBB?

Yes
No

Results
< !-- End Poll Code -->

04-17-2001, 06:12 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2001
: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

I vote yes because...
  • Better colour scheme
    Oddicons
    More fair post-count
    More custom titles
    NO ADS!
    "Change is as good as a holiday"
    Surely more exciting changes to come

Sorry if you don't agree with me but that's just my opinion
04-17-2001, 06:25 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I am obviously bias becasue I am an Administrator of Oddworld Forums and fully support the move. It's something that has been a while coming, and only came too soon enough.

My main reason for not liking ezBoard was the ever increasing number of ads. I have a feeling that the more visitors your board gets, the more ads you get. For example, I had a look at Pacen's Place the other day and found that there were no pop-up windows or huge link ads, only a couple of small banner ads.

I love UBB because it allows us to have full control over our forums, right down to customizing things as we need (where possible of course). Along with all the advantages that Pacen has already listed!

The main disadvantage of UBB I see is that you can't preview your posts... and also the last poster in the topic listing... but both of these I am sure I can fix... which are next on the list of things to do for the forum.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-17-2001, 09:20 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

I am also all for the UBB. I think its wonderful, with the colors, and all the new features. No ads or anything..Abe Babe and Sydney worked very hard on the new forums, and I think we should give them nothing but our gratitude.

04-17-2001, 02:10 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

everyone by now should know that sydney and
(abe babe) are very smart people. And i think what they say is good for us well....WHATEVER THE BOSS SAYS GOES!!!

GUYS I AM 100% WITH YOU @ ALL TIMES

04-17-2001, 02:21 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

well i have adapted to the new forum (we dragons must be able to adapt since we live so long, hehe). But like I said before, my main gripe was the timing and the short notice. I mean, forgive me for sounding like a broken record here but less then one day is NOT long enough to give ppl warning of a move. Not everyone checks the forums on a daily basis like me and some others that I know. And when such ppl come to check the old forums and find it closed up, they will mostly be surprised and angery. I say we should have been given a weeks time to get a chance to try the new forum before closing the old one. Im sure there will be those that will agree with me. Ack! I'm rumbling um help please...

Cili: since Ishtar isn't here...*whacks her on the head with a frying pan*

Thank you...*faints*

(hehe sorry im just trying to put some humor into this )

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-17-2001, 02:36 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

if whacking your head with a frying pan is humor then i should be the most funniest guy in the world.

*gets the biggest fry pan and slaps it against his face*

ochies. HEY WHY AREN'T YOU LAUGHING.....LAUGH...LAUGH DAMN YOU.......DONT MAKE ME COME UP THERE......LAUGH..........THATS IT DIE FREAKS DIE

*ahem* anyhoo draco is right, we should just relax and adapt. Think of it like moving to a new house. the smell of freash paint, the exploration, the.....oops ill ummmm shut up now

04-17-2001, 03:42 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i voted 'no', for several reasons. one thing i liked about the ezboard was the 'email me with replies to this topic' thing, which isn't here.

this thing also, on the main screen for each of the forums, doesn't show who posted last, so it's hard to tell if anyone's posted since last time i posted.

i still can't get into the old forums, so people may be annoyed at losing their fanfics and things. i don't expect that everyone keeps a copy on their hard drives.

sorry to complain, especially when i seem to be the only one, but there you are. i preferred the ezboard. if you don't like ads, you don't have to click on them. i barely even noticed them myself.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-17-2001, 07:24 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

I liked the old ezboard for all rettick's reasons, but mainly cause I want my starcraft personal photos back! Waaaaa!!!

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-17-2001, 10:07 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

Osiris..what was your name in the old forums? Cyberfleech? Also, we would be happy to make you a starcraft personal photo. Email the picture you would like to webmaster@elumstable.net and I will make you one and get it put up ASAP.

Actually, I am fixing to make a topic about this.

04-17-2001, 10:46 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

I love this new forums. The look, The Feel, and the new cool FUZZLE ICONS. But, I hate that I lost all them post, =) I WANTED TO BE NUMBER ONE. So all and all I think the move was a excellent Ideaer!!!

04-18-2001, 01:38 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Yes, I am cyberfleech. Osiris is the egyptian god of death, and fleeches rock.

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-18-2001, 01:39 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

Osiris The Fleech  (12)

By the way, I put the link to my preffered personal photo in the topic you made.

04-18-2001, 05:52 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

LOOK YOU LITTLE WHINNING FREAKS!!!
WERE STAYING

IF YOU WANNA GO BACK TO THE OLD FORUM, ASK ABE BABE OR SYDMAN IF THEY COULD OPEN IT UP. THEN YOU CAN HAVE YOUR LITTLE TEA PARTIES AND DISCUSSIONS ON A ADD SWARMING
EZ BOARD (the E is for ediot)

04-18-2001, 03:47 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Jeeeeeezz.

04-18-2001, 07:21 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

although some things obviously haven't changed... capital letters still popular on Planet Oddbodd, i see.

that said, i liked the 'e for ediot' thing. that was funny!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.