Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

12-27-2001, 03:23 AM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)
Mudokon Pops - Just How Well would they Sell???

Now we have "Meech Munchies", "Paramite Pies" and "Scrabs Cakes". Now these are O.K to eat. Why because they are Animals. You could say they are Earth's, Cows Sheep and Chickens. But Mudokon Pops are like us eating Monkey's. So no matter how "Yummy" Mudokon Pops may be, would the Oddworld Inhabitants really want to eat a Mudokon??? Now if someone served me Monkey on a Stick, I don't think I would eat it, just like I think that the Oddworld Inhabitants wouldn't eat Mudokon Pops. So just how well would Mudokon Pops Sell???

12-27-2001, 04:32 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

hmmmmmmmm, I dunno realy
But Moluk expected to sell it very good
In the video the pointer go always up !

12-27-2001, 09:07 AM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Nov 2001
: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)

Well on the AO intro vidio, all the other foods were running thin on profits. So they decided to make 'Mudokon Pops',The Led screen showed that the rate would go up if they Released 'Mudokon Pops'. And well the Biggest 'Repture Farms' was shut down.

...Mudokon101

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mudokon101 ]

12-27-2001, 12:50 PM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

Yes, but you have to remember that the Profit Arrow is from their opinion, not the Opinion of the Oddworld Inhabitants. If they re-named it something like "Meaty Sticks" then the public wouldn't know what it's made of. But having the Name Mudokon Pops as the title would drive people away. And no matter how much the Gluckons think that the profit of Mudokons pops would be, I really wouldn't think they would sell.

12-27-2001, 02:31 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

: Mesa, Arizona
: 306
Eibu  (10)

I think the consumers of Oddworld wouldn't care, as long as it was good.

12-27-2001, 08:32 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

it makes me wonder though-
if muds are pretty much hated by everyone, and considered to be 'the vile pond scum of oddworld' then why would anyone want to eat them?

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

12-29-2001, 01:34 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

When the Glukkons are talking about Mudokon Pops at the start of Abe's Oddysee, it is just the projection of what they think the profits will be (much like a business projection when a company is about to release a new product). Wolfpac pretty much said this already.

Although I tend to agree. Take this as an example (warning: my example may have racial undertones, please don't flame me for it, as it is not my opinion and it is the only example I can think of to illustrate the situation).

Take a member of the Klu Klux Klan for example. They are totally against black people and wish them dead. But I would doubt that one of these people would actually want to "eat" a black person.

Looking at this this way, if the higher classes of Oddworld (Glukkons and any others that we have not heard of) despise Mudokons like Klu Klux Klan members depise black skinned people, then I doubt they would want to eat them either. Just get them to do their work (i.e. slaves), or have them dead.

Plus, if they were to eat Mudokons, then who would be slaves for them?

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

12-29-2001, 01:48 PM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)

I agree with AbeBabe Now....

...Mudokon101

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: Mudokon101 ]

12-29-2001, 02:40 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

"Who would be their slaves?" This is off-topic, but in my fics, as the Mudokons were disappearing [being freed, not being eaten, but the net effect is the same from the Glukks' point of view], I had the Glukks demoting the Sligs to slave status. Which then resulted in needing new guards. In the fics, the Vykkers produced new robotic guards, but I was wondering what would happen if they just demoted one class after another to replace the others... Eventually it would catch up with them...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

12-29-2001, 05:34 PM
Roop
Fuzzle

: 146
Roop  (10)

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern:
'the vile pond scum of oddworld' then why would anyone want to eat them?
A lot of people think pigs are dirty vile scum but MOST of us eat them.

12-30-2001, 01:40 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

: Mesa, Arizona
: 306
Eibu  (10)

From Abebabe-sama's example: But members of the KKK (also my uncle's initials, dumbass got a belt buckle...) are humans and of course the people of Oddworld are not. Just my take.

12-30-2001, 04:36 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Roop:
A lot of people think pigs are dirty vile scum but MOST of us eat them.
Whereas some people know that Pigs are in fact fanatically hygenic creatures, and we don't eat them...

:
Originally posted by Eibu:
From Abebabe-sama's example: But members of the KKK (also my uncle's initials, dumbass got a belt buckle...) are humans and of course the people of Oddworld are not. Just my take.
They are meant to parody Humans, though.

12-30-2001, 05:41 PM
kleeng
Thudslug

: neatherlands
: 161
kleeng  (10)

Contaray to the example set by Abe Babe in wich humans would be eating humans, the canibalistic aspect (wich in most cases stops a human from eating an other human), isn't present between mudokons and glukkons.
They arn't the same species, (and not even closely related for that matter) this might make a difference in the readyness to accept sutch a product.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: kleeng ]
12-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

The KKK would probably lynch you for suggesting that they were the same species as Black people... [NB: I know they are, before someone misinterprets this post and flames me.]

12-30-2001, 06:13 PM
Andrea
Fuzzle

: Albion, New York (United states)
: 101
Andrea  (10)

Boycott Rupture Farms products.