05-16-2001, 01:52 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)
Fanparty?

well i often thought of this. But I think it´s not going to be realizeable. It wouldn´t work.
A Party with all fans (of this forums). We could organize a party where we all come to. Just an Oddworld party. So we could met each other. And perhaps if it´s a big event. We could invite OWI.
But this is just a dream of mine.
SO far what do you think about it?

05-16-2001, 04:42 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

That would be goddamn cool freaky but we probably live in different parts of the world...I'd definetly try to come,so tell me more and I'll try to organise something with you!Where does everybody live around here??? I've always wanted to meet some of these people...
05-18-2001, 08:24 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

Is that your dream to? It would be sooo great... Alas, i live in Sweden, and the only trip i can afford is a trip to Stockholm on Tuesday, 500 swedish crowns. Yey... (school pays, hehe)... *sigh* Im just going so nuts, i want to cry... I had a nightmare, where i wrote a topic where i was deadly serious about me dying, and you just cheered... Scary, isnt it?

05-18-2001, 09:53 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Dark Hood's been planning on inviting some fans who live in England to his Birthday Party so I guess he has the same idea. Unfortunately it's not possible to organise a gathering with ALL fans because we're all from different countries and it would cost a lot of money to all meet in the one place. The only place I think some of us could meet is probably Australia because many Oddworld Forum members live there and England for the same reason. And I don't think OWI would be willing to travel very far to meet some fans, so if we were going to all meet somewhere it would be best to meet at OWI.
05-18-2001, 11:26 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

I had that same idiea once, but I didn't say anything as all the problems were there. I am planning to meet Teal and Twisted Firestarter at some point in the future, as they live not so far away.
- DH

05-19-2001, 06:52 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

It would be a awesome idea, but would never happen because...

1. We all live in different parts of the world
2. Many people are teenagers and I'm sure many parents would not pay for an airfare to meet a bunch of people from the net.

As an alternative idea however, you might just be able to manage it by country or state if you can get enough people together.

For example, Sydney, Pacen and Grid all live in NSW (Australia), I live in Melbourne. We could all meet in Sydney (the city) at some point in time. That is a very realistic possiblilty. We could have an Australian Munch Launch party... I could take my US Xbox up there and everyone could play Oddworld the weekend before it is released.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!