Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

02-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
Revenge

Ok, it's been ages since I set up a non-main RPG so here it is.

***Plot:***

The mudoken council has decided that Abe's terrorist activities are not enough to keep the industrial forces. They have selected a team of warrior muds to go under cover.

Ok Character set up is as follows

Name:
Weapon: (Only one, must be native like such as spear, slingshot, fists etc.)
Magic Skill: (Again only one, not stupidly overpowered, no shrykull or stuff like that)
Nature Represented: (Can be anything, Light, Dark, Fire, Wind etc.)
Looks:

**RPG**

Name: Kryynt (Sounds: KRIANT)

Weapon: Barbed Spear

Magic Skill: Shadow (Kryynt transforms into a shadow and cannot be hurt by regular weapons, is disguised as a shadow. He cannot go into dark areas or attack while in this form

Nature Represented: Dark

Looks: His skin is jet Black due to the strong magic within him, he is amazingly big in the upper body, but his running speed is affected by this.

Kryynt stood apon the edge of the overhang, his Elum resting. He had his Barbed Spear in his hand. He stared at the sun disappearing over the horizon and he basked in it's orange/pink glow. He could make out the camp fires of the council in the distance, there he would meet the rest of the team....
02-23-2004, 09:07 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Ohhh yeaaah... ^____^

Name: Pyre
Weapon: A whip
Magic Skill: Flame ( Pyre is able to create small bursts of fire from his hands, but they are hardly strong enough to do any real damage. He is also capable to withstand heat and flames.)
Nature Represented: Fire
Looks: Pyre has a dark, almost black skin and a long crimson red feather, decoraded with white and black feathers and pearls. He is talled and slimmer than a normal mudokon. He has strong looking arms and long legs. He has tattoos for magic protection all over his body.
His eyes are as yellow as the midday sun and his pupils are only black lines in the shocking yellow eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ o ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyre was leaning against and old oak at the campsite. He was tempted to go and sit by the fire with the others, but he was afraid. He always kept thinking about, what would others think about him. He didn't look like everyone else. He was...different. Usually, wherever he went, he got evil glares and scared faces as a welcome. Only a thought of this made Pyre sigh and shake his head.

"Why did I even come here? How am I going to get chosen if I just mope around the shadows all night...?"

Pyre sighed for the second time and started fiddling his whip, still keeping his eyes glued on the dancing flames of the campfire.

02-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

OOC:
:
Weapon: A whip
Kinky Anyway, welcome Muse.

Kryynt mounted his Elum again and set it off in a gallop towards the campsite, eager to meet the rest of his team. He passed through a Light patch of trees and a lake before coming infront of a thick dark forest.

Kryyntamn, my elum will be no help in here...

Kryynt removed his packs from the Elum's back and then walked into the forrest, his spear drawn and his casting hand poised.

As he hacked his way through the thick growth he could make out the noises of nearby Paramites, and also a strange metallic sound coming from a short distance to his left.

In the blink of an eye Kryynt found himself staring at a Slig impaled to a tree by his spear. He then crouched for fear of more assasains but none revealed themselves to him. He climbed up the tree with the former assasain in, he rested his foot apon the sligs head and forced the spear out, bringing a spray of blood with it. Kryynt decided to take the treetops until he had cleared the forest.

He leapt down from the last tree landing in the outskirts of the campsite. He sheathed his spear and walked over to the campfire where he spent the night sleeping.
02-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

Lo, long been since I be here Welcome Hobo

eh, guess I'll join

Name:Eissaq (I-sak)
Weapon:Tomahawker Club
Magic Power:The ability to mimick the wildlife of Oddworld in sound and appearance.
nature representive:water
looks: tall, teal, carrys a club, where's a loin cloth, has a mohawk

eh, later

02-27-2004, 06:26 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Krrynt woke suddenly, again he heard the noise of sligs legs moveing closer towards him, he leapt up, grabbing his spear, he leapt up into the air and threw the spear at a shadow, the shadow stumbled and fell, he landed on the ground and then leapt up again, but this time he leapt towards another shadow, sending that one tumbling down. He got up and looked around, surrounding him was a circle of shadows, they were still but the noise of metal kept ringing out. The shadows closed in, the metalic noise stopped, it was replaced by the sound of gunfire.

Krrynt woke up, it was broad daylight, he felt for his spear and once he'd confirmed it was there, he looked around, he could see that the small mud village that he was in go about it's business.

Krrynt: Just another dream. Just a dream....
02-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Im in!

Name: Cursuv
Weapon: Sling
Magic Skill: (Damn, RM's already taken the fire stuff.) Can detect life, and tell what kind of life it is
Nature represented: Life
Looks: Lightly built, green and white feather on head.

Are our powers going to grow?

------<>------

*Wakes up leaning on a tree, and looks around. He was tired after traveling, not quite at the village, and took a rest. After looking at the vilage, he feels around the area. He feels a few paramites to the left of the village, as well as some fading paramite spirits, and a fading slig spirit at the same location. In the village, something catches his mind: A life that has a definite dark hint about it- actualy, more like dark that has a definite hint of life about it. He can detect no more, sweeping to the right, but is sure that there will be better reception inside the village. He heads off.*

02-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Yeah, powers should evolve and grow more powerful as the commando type things get more powerful.

Krrynt got onto his feet, sheathed his spear and went into the shaman's hut. Inside there were several old looking shamens, each representing different tribes, every single one of them had a staff in thier hands.

Shaman 1: Sit down here, and wait for the others....
03-01-2004, 07:18 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Krrynt sat down and waited for a short while in silence. After a while a Shaman came up to him,

Shaman#2: They don't appear to be coming, well to pass the time I have a job for you and a partner, we need you to scout out a target for us...

The shaman handed over a map drawn with amazing accuracy on slightly brown paper.

Shaman#2: The rest of the team will meet you there, but we need you to turn off the outer security turrets.

Krrynt gets up without saying a word, pockets the map, picks up his spear and starts to walk out.

Shaman#2: I'd recomend Pyre, he looks like he can handle himself.

Krrynt nods and walks over to Pyre.

Krrynt: Get your stuff, me and you have a job to do....
03-01-2004, 09:57 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

:
Magic Skill: (Damn, RM's already taken the fire stuff.)
((ooc: ))

((ooc2: hobo, guess who got her internet working! *does a little jig* No thanks to my own efforts though O_o;;; )=

[::::::::::::::: ic ::::::::::::::::]

Pyre winces a little when Krrynt came to him. He hastily picks up his dirty backpack and curiously eyes the mudokon in front him.

"We have a job to do?", he smiles a little, "Finally!"

Pyre extends his hand to Krrynt, " The name's Pyre! Pleased to meet you!"
He stares the now familiar looking mudokon straight into his eyes,
"I think I've seen this guy somewhere... I just know it."

03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Cursuv:*Just entering the village, he scans again, looking for the shaman hut. He soon feels several wizened spirits, that have a certain feel about them. Nearby, he feels the dark spirit again - not exactaly evil, but dark - and another he couldn't feel from the distance he was at before; a life that has a certain magic about it, making it stand out from the rest. After a more focused concentration, he can safely assume that there is some fire-type magic there. The disadvantage of concentrating so extremely is not paying good attantion to the material world, and he learns that leson, yet again, when he walks into a mudokon hut wall.*
Thunk
Annonymus Mud:"Whadayah think you're doin'? Tryin' to make an impression on my wall?"
Cursuv: "Sorry! Um... sorry..."
*Walks off in the direction of the hut. He can see it now.*

03-02-2004, 06:29 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Krrynt: We'd best be off, I've borrowed some Elums from the shamans, and We've got three days before they set the rest of the team off..

Krrynt and Pyre ride for several hours before they reach a river, here they stop to rest their elum's and to rest themselves.

Krrynt lays down next to Pyre.

Krrynt: So... Pyre, how do you handle yourself in a fight?
03-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Cursuv: *In the Shamans hut, several hours earlier*
"What do you mean I juus missed them?!"
*After a short discussion, he leaves the hut and waits. He was told that it is unsafe to go in the wilderness alone (He disagrees - but the Samans have the casting vote) and needs to wait for another to come.It's not so bad, as he get's a chance to buy some things around the town, such as ammo for his sling (Generaly he can jus pick up a stone, but the stuff that they use in spoocebows works in slings as well, and not easy to compile in the wilderness). He is unable to sense anything right now, due to the aura of his own annoyance obscuring his "vision".

03-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Krrynt and Pyre are back on the road again, they have now entered Industrial land, Weapons drawn they decide to free their elums so they are less noticable...
03-09-2004, 12:50 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

Pyre dropped off from his saddle and patted(sp?) the elum. He looks at Krrynt
and sighs.

"When you asked earlier about how I handle myself in combat... I gotta tell ya, I get nervous everytime when there's a battle going on. Don't get me wrong tough, I do know how to handle myself...So don't worry, you don't have to babysit me. I'll do just fine." He laughed a bit.

Pyre releases the elum and watches as it runs away into the deep forest.
"...say..." He looks into Krrynt's dark eyes,"...What are we supposed to do here?"

Krrynt was about to answer when they heard a distant crack. Pyre turned to the direction of the sound and squinted is eyes.

"There's someone coming this way..." He turned back to Krrynt, "Should we hide? Or should we... inspect?"

His hands start to glow red and small sparks come flying to the ground.

03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

(Ooc: That's it. I'm not waiting anymore.)
Cursuv: *After a long, long, long(Need I emphasise the longness of this wait?) wait, Cursuv was given an elum and shuffled of to the wilderness, going along the trail of Kryynt and Pyre.*
(Ooc: Hey - where's Abeguy?)

03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
a flock of seagulls
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2004
: internet
: 534
a flock of seagulls  (10)

Name: binary
Weapon: a sword of water (note : not ordinary water but un-breakable water, but not ice either)
Magic Skill: the ability to go into bullet(sp?) time
Nature Represented: rain
Looks: scar on forhead, tattoos, and spiky green hair (not the small spikes but the big 4" kind or 4', i was never good with inches and cenimeters)
yeah, thats about all for now. stuff may change, such as hair-do and stuff like that.

03-10-2004, 01:28 PM
L.o.
Zappfly

: Feb 2004
: In your closet
: 15
L.o.  (10)

(( OOC: A.f.o.s., your into anime arent you? Well, there goes my idea of havn' a sword..Aw well *evilgrin* This’ll be funner... Tell me if anything's wrong with this charracter Hobo, I'll change her. ))

Name: Brooke (brook)
Weapon: herself (Knows all forms of native martial arts)
Ability: Can heal cuts, burns, bruises, stop bleeding, and the like..strenthening (just a little, not much) whoever/whatever she’s healing for a breif time (though she can only do this to one person/thing a day). She can’t really do anything out of the ordinary for broken bones or anything too extreme. She studies various forms of natural healing.
Nature: Nature
Apearance: natural looking green skin, with a dark brown feather & tranquil gray-blue eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brooke hurries after Cursuv on her elum. Hoping that she's not too late.
Finally she spots him.
Brooke: "Hey, wait up!"

03-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

( Ooc: Finaly!)
Cursuv: *He doesn't hear Brooke for a bit, but soon he feels her, with a nature similar, but not the same, as his own. When he does, he stops and waits.*

03-10-2004, 07:10 PM
L.o.
Zappfly

L.o.  (10)

Brooke:
*grins as she slows her elum to a stop next to Cursuv's*
"Sorry about that.."
*extends a hand to him*
"I'm Brooke"

03-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

(Room for one more?)

Name: Nig
Weapon: Bo staff / Quarter staff {big, long, straight stick}
Magic Skill: Prediction (Nig can get a very blurry image of what might happen. It requiers full concentration andoften is very obscure)
Nature representation: Chaos (randomness, not anarchy)
Looks: Thin, but not the weak thin, more the fast thin. Slightly darker green color than most Muds and eyes that seem to be light gray. Basic 'pony-tail' style hair of {working class / slave} Muds.

Tight mouthed and seldom heard speaking, Nig is most easily identified by the fact he stands alone or at the edge of a group, rather than 'being surrounded'. He look like most other Muds, but has a habit of mumbling while thinking, and useing hand gestures when talking.

============================

Nig wandered into the village, glad to be out of smelling distance of the dead sligs.
Well, at least it's defendable
After several minutes walking he found the Shaman hut, paused to gather himself and put on his 'game-face', then entered.
-------
After a breif discusion, Nig started running out of the hut, grabed his kit and weapons and sprinted down the path.
ONCE AGAIN, I'm late. By Odd's power, I'd better stop doing that!

Last edited by Adder; 03-12-2004 at 10:54 PM..
03-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Krrynt shook his head at Pyre,

Krrynt:No time to find out, they'll have sent the rest of the team by now, and you don't want to exhaust your magic, just get out your whip and we'll only fight if we have to.

Krrynt and Pyre climb their way to the top of the hill, from here they can see the factory they're targeting,.

Krrynt: Not far now Pyre, but it's going to be harder now...
03-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Cursuv: "I'm Cursuv"
*Shakes Brooke's hand*
"You do know what we're doing, right? Did the Shamans tell you?"

03-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

As Nig continued to run through the forest, he heard something coming towards him.
*stops dead and crouches*
Okay... something's coming and it might want a fight.
Let's see... I could hide, run, fight, or startle it and hope it runs.
Hmm... it sounds pretty big, bigger than a slig at least.

*Tightens grip on bo staff*
Two feet, doesn't sound metalic, but it's still pretty big... better hide
*creeps into nearby shrubs just as Kryynt's elum walks into view*
Or it could be an elum. *sigh of releif*
*walks over to elum and mounts it*
"At least with you I'll get there faster, even if I am late"
03-12-2004, 12:29 PM
L.o.
Zappfly

L.o.  (10)

Brooke:
*nods*
"I had a quick conversation with them, yes"
*pets her elum*

03-12-2004, 06:26 PM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

(hope theres still room for me)

Name:drake

weapon:sword of ice

magic skill:frost shield,can protect a number of people,the shield can block any blow but only for a period of time.

nature represented:ice

looks:light grey,medium size blue feather on head,long scar down back and small scar on face.

drake stands out from the rest and he doesnt like the company of others,he likes to hurry up and get the job done,if your lucky he can be a bit nice.

))))))))))))((((((((((

monted on his elum and his sword on his back he rode into the village wondering where everyone else is.

"hmmm.....guess im late"
drake walks into the shaman hut and gets instructions.a short while later he left the tent and headed after the rest of the group through the forest riding as fast as could to get to the group.

Last edited by the brew master; 03-12-2004 at 06:33 PM..
03-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

(Just noticed Brooke has the same power as I chose. I'll try to think of another one)

Nig starts thinking to pass the time

Okay, all I know is that I'm riding into battle. Well, recon more than all out killing, but there could be sligs involved.
Got to find... oh what's his name... Krint? Him and... eh... Pry? No... Pyre?

Okay, I've got to remember names as well. They said there are four already gone, making me the fifth..
Wait! What if they think I'm trying to flank them and attack! Okay... how do I show myself as being a goodie and not someone waiting to attack?
THINK!

*long pause, no sound but the elum walking*
Right... so I've got to shout which could allert any real enimies to us, or be so exposed that it's obviouse I'm not sneeking, which could get me killed.

Or I can just walk up to them and hope they give me a chance to talk...
...nah, that'd never work!
03-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Cursuv: "We're losing time. We need to go, or we'll be late again."
*Continues following the track.*

03-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

Nig: "*whisper* okay, they're right there. Don't get attacked"
----

Cursuv: "Wait... someone's behind us"
Brooke: "Someone evil?"
Cursuv: "I don't think so. He's a Mud. HEY! YOU SUPPOSED TO BE HERE OR NOT?"

Nig: "Um... I think I am. Are you Pyre? I'm Nig. The Shamans sent me"
*rides towards the other two*
03-13-2004, 01:13 PM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

drake finally makes it to the other side of the forest and spots kryynt and pyre.drake slowly rides over to them and dismounts his elum.

drake:"so.....am i late,where's the rest of the group??"
03-13-2004, 02:04 PM
L.o.
Zappfly

L.o.  (10)

((OCC: please dont talk for my charracter, thank you ))

Brooke:
*nods to Nig*
"I'm Brooke-- this is Cursuv.."
*gestures breifly*
"want to come with us? We're catching up with the rest of the group. Anyways, your rigth Curs. we should go. We're way behind the rest of the group by now.."
Brooke smiles & motions for Nig to join her & Cursuv as she continues in the dirrection Cursuv was going.
(hmm...Its getting close to sundown..)