Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

: Would you Like to see more Active RPG's?
Yeah, the More the Merrier! 10 66.67%
Nope, we're Fine as it is! 5 33.33%
Less please! I can't keep up! 0 0%
: 15.

09-16-2003, 02:48 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
Idea Rules And Characters...

Hey!

I'm Hobo as most of you guys know, but you guys can call me Charlie, as your new elected RPG mod, I've decided to go through the rules again and restart the character list. if you want to just copy and paste it from the old thread, please go ahead, I'm not going to read through all of your character lists, they're here for reference for others...

Sorry to make you guys do all this character list stuff again, but it would make it so much easy for me to help you guys if I start my own copy of this, hope you guys understand

Please post any questions you have in this thread or PM them to me, if you have any problems or anything else, don't feel shy to PM me, that's what i'm here for.....

Well I'll start off with rules and Guidelines:

1. Ok it's basics, but please don't Spam or leave one line posts, by spam i mean anything that could be discussed in PM's, anything errelevant. I am going to be cracking down on this seriously, you spam once, I'll PM you to stop it, twice and you get a warning, three and four times are also warnings.

2. Please keep your posts a good length, no one really enjoys reading huge posts, and if you don't enjoy it then there's no point RP'ing, but then again please don't make posts too short, you'll know if your post is too long or too short and I won't warn you for this unless other members PM me to complain...

3. To my Knowledge this forum is only for oddworld related RP's, this means that any others are gonna have to go into Non- Oddworld art and Literature.

4. If you are not on Hobo's Good list, don't moan to me about it, the Good List is a reward to those players that I think've been acting extra special. and if you are on there, don't boast, or i'll make sure that you don't make it on there again....

5. Please put detail about what people who join are meant to do in your RPG, don't just leave them, and please for the love of God, make the title relevant. This is another I'm going to crack down on, any stupid titled threads will be shut, and creation of any more will result in Warnings..

6. I am removing the RPG limit instated by Rex Tirano. If this becomes a problem I will swiftly act and add the rule again.

Right, I think that's it, if I remember anything else to add I'll edit. You guys can PM me with suggestions at any time, and I'd love it if you did.

See you guys in the RPG's!

Charlie
09-16-2003, 03:05 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

Yes daddy*ahem*--I mean Charlie

I've always been a rebel and I've always hated rules-- but these here rules seem reasonable... I might follow them... If I'm on the mood !

09-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

I shall make you pay hobo! one day! Taking my mod positio....I mean.....Lovely >.> <.<...I hope you have along...*takes deep breath and counts to 10*...and happy time as a mod.....

But I like your ules ^_^
09-17-2003, 01:32 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

So you want us to put up lists of all our characters on the RPG? Okay! I just recently started here, so I only have two.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The Gathering

-Name: Geeble

-Species: Mudokon

-Backstory: Geeble is an old mudokon shaman that shouldn't even be alive at his age, but his powers lie in the old mudokon ways of worship and this is the secret to his youth. Many ask him how he does it, and he says he'd be willing to teach if they were willing to learn. Lazy mudokons turn down Geeble's offer on the simple fact that they want the answer right away and aren't patient. Many mudokns regard Geeble as very strange and he doesn't get as many visitors as he used to. He lives alone in the mountains where kintos have gone scarse. He's a very good friend with the Almighty Raisin and makes visits with him every now and then. Even though he's old, he's still very active and mostly walks everywhere he goes.

-Powers: He has the power to control the the four elements through the ancient powers of Paramites, Scrabs, Meeches and Ratz-each representing their own element. Paramites represent Water; Scrabs fire, Meeches wind and Ratz, who are closest to the soil, represent earth. Geeble also is known for tamming wild animals and actually sadles a Scrab and rides on him sometimes. Being a master of spooce, he can conjur up even greater power without the use of a spoocebow. There are many other powers Geeble possesses that are unknown and very sacred and only used rarely.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
All locked up in mudos prison

Inmate

Name:
Rorg

Species: Khanzumer

Crime: Selling Labor eggs to the OW Maffia. Rorg is a pretty nice guy, he just got into gambling and slowly fell into debt. To pay it all off, he captured mudokon eggs and sold them to the OWM. Investigators need Rorg to lead them to the OWM, but there's one problem. Rorg has multiple personalities and the personality that commited the crime hasn't shown up in a while. The last time it showed up, it killed a fellow inmate.

Personallity: He puts on a toughguy show, but is good at heart. He's very lonely because everybody thinks he's a freak and is locked up in solitary confinement. He wants to get out of prison and do something with his life. Will he?
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'd just like to say that I see good things coming to the RPG hobo! Good job!

-oddguy

09-25-2003, 10:34 PM
vyyker2
Zappfly

: Aug 2003
: usa kansas withita
: 13
vyyker2  (10)

ok

name:mudask
tasks:saving scrabs
tribe: the scrablians (an rp i will make)
dislikes: sligs taking him to be a scrub wich has never happened
bio:just a normal mud but is a powerful chanter in fact almost a shaman.
09-27-2003, 03:36 PM
GTdragon
Spark Stunk

: Jul 2002
: Somewhere around California
: 394
GTdragon  (10)
Do we have to?

Okay, I'll follow the rules, (i usually hate this, but eh, I'm in favor at this time)

character stats (i only have one for now)

Name= Drake

Age=13

Gender=Male (duh)

Species=Slig

Fav. Pastime = Shooting anything that moves is a major past time and turn on for Drake. He prefers his friends walking around with holes. His motto is "Live today, die a couple a sec. later".

What he hates= anything bright, cute, or just plain nice-nice.

What he likes= His gun and weaponry (of course)

Overall look over= He may seem cruel and mean outside, but deep in that cold booded brain (if he has one) of his, He really wants a friend. For now he just settles with his pet Blook the fleech. He prefers to be alone when thinking about his past memories if he remembers them.

Physical traits= Um, he's green and has a dirt like flare across his tentacle snout, (i'll see if i can do an attachment later on). His mask of course has the copyrighted red eyes. his pants are quite different though. One leg limps and wires are hanging out (he thinks reparing is "evil") and has quite a sloppy look.

09-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Ok, I have instated a new rule as the main RPG is going to be up very soon.

Any Threads that re not relevent to the main plot. I.E Any mini-RPG's must have the prefix MRPG:

Any threads, that are relevent shall, without this, after the date of 28th September 2003, will be closed instantly.
10-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Name: Mayllar 34765 (Given name). Exalmex (Chosen name)

Species: Half Paramite, Half Scrab.

Side: Good.

Description: Appeares (Don't know how to spell this) to have a scrab torso seated on a paramite body. Paramite legs, and scrab "legs" for arms. A large neck has a Paramite head on it, but it could take a second for you to notice because of the modified slig mask he can always be seen wearing. Scrab Red.

History: Created as a test for a better soldier, scrab and paramite DNA were mixed, resulting in Mayllar 34765. He had a modified slig mask attached to his brain, as neither species have eyes, so he could see. A chip was put into his brain for control of the creature. Unfortonately for Mayllar (His creator) the chip gave him sentience, and NO control over him. 34765 killed Mayllar and escaped. When he could comprihend what he was, and why he was, he decided to do something about it. He named itself Exalmex. He went through the temples, and got rewards.One you can always see is a scar on his chest, in the shape of a crudely drawn scrab. The other is a necklace with a symbol that looks like a paramite drawn in web that you can often see.

Workforce: I dont know. If someone could tell me exactly what "Workforce" means, i can get you back on that one.

Strengths: His raw strength and speed.

Weakneses: His agility. He would have troble beating a Scrab because of the speed it would attack at, but he could certanly run faster.

Abilities. Because of the paramite body, he can spin webs, but can's climb up it because of his bulk. He can talk to wild paramites, but not scrabs, because of his mouth, but he can understand both.

Items: Paramite web necklace

Likes: Good charachters, almost all wildlife, prefers paramites over scrabs due to their more social attitude.

Dislikes: bees

Hates: Industrialists. Hates Vyykkers for makeing things like him and tourchuring creatures. Hates Glukons for killing his breveren (Paramites and Scrabs) and turning them into tastey treats.

--------------------------------

Name: Hissscreachhiss

Species: Paramite

Side: Good

Description: Looks like a normal paramite, but with many tiny spikes on legs

History: A lot like any other paramite, taken, to a new rupture farms at age 5

Workforce: same as Exalmex

Stregths: Speed, and strategey

Weaknesses: Not as strong as a normal paramite, Reckless sometimes.

Abilites: Can spin webs.

Items: none

Dislikes: His instincts and his concience tearing him in two.

Hates: Industialists

-----------------------

Name: Brendan

Species: Slig (Flying)

Bio: Was the commander of a Spy force, but resigned.

Personality: Determined and smart.

---------------------------

I think that's all of them, exept my "Tempoary" character Halije and my main RPG character Zach. Do I need do do those two as well?

Last edited by Seargentbig; 10-04-2003 at 03:23 AM..
10-27-2003, 02:20 AM
soulstorm_bartender
Chippunk

: Oct 2003
: Burbank
: 21
soulstorm_bartender  (10)

Name: Robb
Species: Slig
Hobbies: Shooting and blowing up things, flying around in flying slig pants, partying, heavy drinking, and looking at mysterious magazines of girls.
Professions: Dead-eye shot, and makes a mean Soulstorm brew!
Turn-ons: Explosions, firing his gun, girls, and fire, lots of fire.
Turn-offs: Naked glukkons (Don't ask!)

Appearance: Robb looks like a normal slig, only with pants vandaled with stickers and other things, and a dark red bandana with mudokon skulls and crossbones just above his vizor, which he like to change the color of the lense(s) of. He walks around with a rolled up magazine stuffed in his pants, along with a flask of soulstorm brew, and some weaponry.

Robb's a fun loving slig that LOVES partying and can't resist jackass stunts. What stands out about him is that he talks about women alot. When he sleeps, he grabs his pillow in an odd way and makes strange grunting noises. So he's not an ordianry slig, but he's a big party animal and makes a Soulstorm brew you'll never forget!!

Last edited by soulstorm_bartender; 10-27-2003 at 01:01 PM..
11-13-2003, 09:40 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
Happy My dude

Name:Lance

Species:Mudokon

Occupation:A free lancer(no pun intended)who does whatever fate sends him way

Hobbies:Training for the next big war he'll most likely participate in againt the Glukkons

Items:Belt which holds his nececities(sword,herbs,dagger,ect.) Sword made by the ancient mudokons with pure steel and real leather for the holster and handle. Dagger made same way but small and light. Herbs to heal most injures.

Physical apperance: Lance wears leather pants from animals he skined and sewed together by fire light. He has short,chestnut brown hair and blue eyes. He is tall for his age, around 5'7. Even he dosen't know this but, the wing tattos he was born with are acutally real wings that come out when he has a surge of powerful emotion and enhance his fighting ability.

Special Abilities: He can usally climb any tree and has unatural eyesight that lets him see in the dark and look at things very far away.

Pretty good huh?

Wrex.

11-20-2003, 10:48 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Happy

Ok heres my second guy:

Name: Scope

Species: Slig

Occupation: Used to be a gaurd slig, but was thrown out for having to soft a soft a spot for muds (he beat them a tiny bit easier than other sligs, like what would knock us out)

Hobbies: Trying to get and hold onto a job, and practicing his targeting

Items: His mecanical pants, which are improved ones that are organicly linked,for easier movement since he was a important gaurd.
His sniper-rifle,a dagger, a infa-red scope that also can switch to biological homing, which cancles out everything but biological things, but is easy to jam because it was just developed.
It also can zoom in to things far away.

Physical apperance: Scope is short for his age and very clumsy.
He has long arms for better sniping. He had a black shirt above his mechanicle pants and has a mark where he was attacked by a scrab. Strangly, it glows when there is danger, but scope dosen't know it.

Wrex.

11-20-2003, 10:53 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Happy

:
Originally posted by hobo
Ok, I have instated a new rule as the main RPG is going to be up very soon.

Any Threads that re not relevent to the main plot. I.E Any mini-RPG's must have the prefix MRPG:

Any threads, that are relevent shall, without this, after the date of 28th September 2003, will be closed instantly.
Not to be a complanier, but thats really unfair in my opinion.

.........mitsur

Wrex.

11-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
Originally posted by mitsur
Not to be a complanier, but thats really unfair in my opinion.
How the hell is that unfair?
11-21-2003, 01:11 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

:
Originally posted by hobo
How the hell is that unfair?
Well,its just that I don't really understand by what you mean by prefix MRPG. Does that mean it has to be involved, or what?

I'm sorry I just don't know what it means.

Wrex.

11-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
Originally posted by mitsur
Well,its just that I don't really understand by what you mean by prefix MRPG. Does that mean it has to be involved, or what?

I'm sorry I just don't know what it means.
All you have to do is stick MRPG: on the beginning of your Mini RPG. I am often lenient with these and will sometimes add it for you, but It's within the rules for me to close your thread for not meeting this requirment.
12-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

Alright. I just feel I ned to do this. This creation is one of the most hardest worked on projects I have ever participated in. The Tak'La.

Go Here for race read out and such

Rules For usage

1. You must ask promission for usage. Not asking will...well...get me very angry.

2. You must fallow the history and respect their limits and such. No awsomely powerful super warrior Tak'Latians.

3. Do not write Fan Fics on their history. I already have it...I'm just to lazy to wirte it.

Hobo please respect this. I want people to use Darkest's and my race, but I don't want people just tossing them around like some stantard template creation. Thank you.

- AS
12-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
Originally posted by Abe's son
Alright. I just feel I ned to do this. This creation is one of the most hardest worked on projects I have ever participated in. The Tak'La.

Go Here for race read out and such

Rules For usage

1. You must ask promission for usage. Not asking will...well...get me very angry.

2. You must fallow the history and respect their limits and such. No awsomely powerful super warrior Tak'Latians.

3. Do not write Fan Fics on their history. I already have it...I'm just to lazy to wirte it.

Hobo please respect this. I want people to use Darkest's and my race, but I don't want people just tossing them around like some stantard template creation. Thank you.

- AS
Yeah, sure, whatever, i dpon't even see why it damn well matters, this forum's dead.
01-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

The rule about non-main RPG's having the title MRPG: is cancelled, When creating a new thread it no longer needs to have MRPG: in the title.

Yes.....
01-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Characters for the MAIN RPG are NOT to be posted here..
01-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Can you Un-Sticky the thread?

01-18-2004, 02:28 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Yeah, why?
01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: Jun 2003
: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

Name: Drake
Spiecies: Mudokon
Description: Green, Blue and Black in color. Long, Stringy Black hair. One of his eyes are Green, and the other is Blue.
Special Abilities: He's very deep into the dark magick, but nobody knows if he's evil or not... Maybe, we'll have to see...
Backstory: NONE!

01-24-2004, 01:30 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Because now all the updates, rules and characters are posted in a different thread, and if this thread is left here, as a sticky, people, like Grig here, will post their characters here despite what you said, as well as other things that belong elsewhere.

01-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

yeah, good point....

*unsticky's*

WEEEEEEEEEE! Look at it fall!
01-27-2004, 11:38 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

: Dec 2002
: Hell
: 675
ANN NEELY  (14)

Well, I guess I can relate to those rules. I've never RPG'd before, so don't blame me for what happens...

01-27-2004, 11:42 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

: Dec 2002
: Hell
: 675
ANN NEELY  (14)

Name: Leilani (Beautiful Lei in Polonesian)
Species: Gabbit
Description: Silver skin and Ultramarine eyes.
Powers?: Can read your mind.
Hates: Sea Monkies, Vykkers, Evil Pink Bunny Slippers
Backstory: Leilani is very different than your normal Gabbit.
Overall personality: Cheerful yet depressed (No, not lunatic).

01-28-2004, 04:47 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well those rules are just fine with me.

now for my characters.

Name: Blarg
Species: Loken male

Back story:
To make Blarg's story brief he was literally orphaned at birth some 20 million years ago by his father whome was the king of the Lokens in prehistoric times. Lok was over taken by the sea and Blarg is the last of his kind. He is always constantly looking for others whome were orphaned at that time. Creatures who lived in prehistoric times on Oddworld have extreme long life spans. So any orphan of that time period is taken by Blarg and looked after.

Power and abilities:
Lokens were known as creaters of new lands with there powers to create elements of nature. They were also known to teleport. He is able to teleport because Lokens were an advance species. They developed amazeing technology that alowed Lokens to teleport at will. Blarg simply one day found a little bit of that Loken technology and now possess it. The technology is a little black power orb which can interact with Blarg and allow Blarg to teleport at will. But there is a few malfunctions with it. It mocks him at times. And Blarg can be rather careless sometimes with it too.

That is all for now. I will add new characters later.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 01-28-2004 at 04:49 AM..
01-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

I guess I'll be in.

Name Dib
Species:Mudokon
Description:Why must he tell his personl thoughts!
Powers: Just a spoocebow
Hates:Glukkons,sligs,vykkers,slogs,interns.

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

01-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Argh!
Maybe you sould just move this to the Burial grounds, Hobo.

01-29-2004, 05:11 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

I'll close the damned thing. CLOSE IT TO HELL!