10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
StrangerEastwood
Spark Stunk

: Mar 2011
: On The Grid.
: 382
StrangerEastwood  (74)
Just want some feedback before I go ahead

Well, I am a fairly experienced writer-though my editing skills leave much to be desired-and I am thinking of tackling a concept I've had for quite a while.

The concept being a noire crime story centered in an industrial city on mudos. What makes this a pain in the ass is of course the lack of real concrete details about oddworld-and my own issues with screwing up the fiction. How far do you think I can go? It features grizzly seven-esque murders, a much darker tone than that of the games, and in pace with many of my past tales it is very somber and slowly paced.

Plus, due to constraints of knowledge of oddworld's species, having a particularly physical main character has proven...difficult to realize. I would need something like a steef, but it's rather difficult making a good reason for one to be so far out from their home. Anyway, creative issues aside, any thoughts on this? Does it sound like a good read or at least a valid idea in Oddworld? Or is it perhaps too out there? Any constructive criticism will do, thank you.

Oh, and if anyone needs clarification or has any questions, feel free to ask.

Get the Logic Probe!
You mean the huge-assed Tuning Fork?
...Yes.
END OF LINE

10-17-2011, 08:04 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

I like the idea, and feel free to use a little fanon to embellish what you have already. Furthermore, I would suggest beefing up a mudokon rather than taking a steef, just because as far as we know, Stranger is the last one, at least in W.Mudos anywho.

Good luck and all.

10-17-2011, 08:46 PM
StrangerEastwood
Spark Stunk

: Mar 2011
: On The Grid.
: 382
StrangerEastwood  (74)

True, but my story doesnt necessarilly take place when theyre mostly wiped out. Besides, timelines in Oddworld are vague enough already, lol. Plus I just cant see a Mudokon being especially...intimidating. beefed up or not. lol still, it is quite early. Thanks for the suggestion, It'll definitely help. Im just worried it'll be too somber-my work is rarely funny, and this is Oddworld, so...damn. xP

Get the Logic Probe!
You mean the huge-assed Tuning Fork?
...Yes.
END OF LINE

10-18-2011, 09:33 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

try it! -would be interresting to read

as for a Steef... why does it have to take place on mudos? I mean you could take another -yet unknown part of oddworld, a part were steefs are more common? - you had a bit more freedom at coming up with atmosphere characters and surroundings etc aswell...

anyway if you start writing and I'm still around by that time I'll be sure to check it out

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙