lets face it they're good
04-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

Yes final fantasy rocks... it would be better if it is online. I heard FF 11 is out and is online...
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

04-11-2003, 10:45 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

I missed out on FF7 when I first got my Playstation, because it confused me (I was just a young boy). I traded it in for... brace yourself... Cool Boarders 2!

FF8 is the best, the only one I finished!

I never finshed FF9, because I got stuck at Gismoluke's Grotto (pardon my spelling). My disk broke soon after.

No PS2 for FF10.

Last edited by MojoMan220; 04-11-2003 at 02:47 AM..
04-11-2003, 03:21 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2002
: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)
Re: Final Fantasy Rocks

:
Originally posted by Cobra_69
who out there has played and cleared all
the final fantasy from seven till 10

lets face it they're good
Yessss.... FF rocks....

I have played FF1-10 and cleared all from FF 5 to FF 10.

:
I never finshed FF9, because I got stuck at Gismoluke's Grotto (pardon my spelling). My disk broke soon after.
*sniffs* I can feel your suffering!
*mourns for MojoMan's broken disc*

04-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Ah you beat me Red Muse! I've only completed all FF's from VII to X. I do have IV - VI, which I'm going to start on very soon. I'm waiting for FF Origins to come out in Australia so I can get I and II, then it just leaves III and Tactics to be released over here. Either that or get the PS2 chipped and import them!

Anyway, as many know on here, I love Final Fantasy! Not as much as Oddworld of course, but it my second favorite video game series! And I'm a huge fan of the music.

:
Originally posted by happyguy936
Yes final fantasy rocks... it would be better if it is online. I heard FF 11 is out and is online...
FFXI is indeed an online game. It is currently only available in Japan for PS2 and PC. I don't know if it's going to come out in Australia (it better come out in Australia!), as there is a lot of talk of it not being released in Europe anymore. Although it's still going to come out in the US, so I'll just import the PC version as you'd be able to play that over here anyway.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
Either that or get the PS2 chipped and import them!
You should just download them.

I like FF. The best one is FF7 by far! 8 is the worst. I think the best character design is on FF9. I don't like on 8 and 10 how they look like real people. It's not fantasy enough.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

04-12-2003, 04:03 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by Facsimile
You should just download them.

I like FF. The best one is FF7 by far! 8 is the worst. I think the best character design is on FF9. I don't like on 8 and 10 how they look like real people. It's not fantasy enough.
How can you say FF8 was the worst! It starts out slow sure, but after a few hours it is simply amazing. I like the character designs on FF8 better then FF7 and FF9, the GF system is a lot easier too.
04-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Cobra_69
Chippunk

: Mar 2003
: dublin and it's a hellhole in
: 21
Cobra_69  (10)

hey its me again

final fantasy 8 and 10 are the best and that's a fact
10 blows everything away with its craposity.

who agrees?

anyone?
04-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

:
Huh? You call it the best and then call it crap?
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

04-13-2003, 02:44 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

:

who agrees?

anyone?
Actually.... no. At least I don't...

FF8 was the most BORING FF I've ever played! Geez, Squall is so damn grumpy! *shrudders*

And FF10 was too...too... oversimplified. I mean, you just travel from town to town and when you shortly arrive to Zanarkand you go like "oh- was that it?". No worldmap= baaaaad! There has to be worldmap to make it more interesting!

I personally think that FF VII an IX are the best.

04-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

i know nothing about FF, except it made one hell of a good movie, can some one tell me what i'm missing?

04-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

: Dalmasca, Ivalice
: 285
Ashe  (10)

Hello Cobra_69. Yes, that would be me! I love Final Fantasy. It is the best games ever made! I have finished VIII, IX and X. I have to get VII one day, but I cannot find it in any store. I did borrow it from a friend once and I liked it, but I had to return it to her. My favorite of course if FFX. It is my favorite game ever. It has a wonderful storyline and I love the gameplay. And I love Tidus!

I luv Vann!!! He is so Hot!!!!!
Final Fantasy Fan Forever!!! Cannot wait unitl FF12!

04-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Cobra_69
Chippunk

Cobra_69  (10)
Final Fantasy X part 2

hey its me again,i hear that final fantasy x part two is coming out soon and i thought someone else might know about it too.I hear Yuna has two big guns in it and its supposed to rock

P.s. I did change my mind about Final Fantasy X because the ending was just too short and it was a cliffhanger,i need to get part 2 and then FF X will make more sense
04-22-2003, 03:12 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

Ashe  (10)

Hello Cobra_69. Yes, there is Final Fantasy X-2. Look at my avatar!!!!! It is of Yuna in FFX-2. I cannot wait until the game comes out. Yuna is so cool in FFX-2, she has guns and a very awesome new outfit. I think all the guys will like her now too. She is looking for Tidus. I do hope she finds him. I hope that Tidus is alive. It would be so romantic!

04-22-2003, 09:15 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

Hey... In FFX-2, are there any playable male characters?
I've heard that there are only four/three playable chars. (Yuna, Rikku& Lulu + the-Other-possible-fourth-person).
So... Only women?
No Wakka?
Shitty.
Wouldn't it be cool, when Yuna finds Tidus, she would notice that he's not the same anymore! He had become a cruel-devilish-bad guy-- and Yuna has to kill him!!
Mwahaha!!

...I'm good...
n_n

04-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

There will be 3 playable characters in FFX-2. Yuna, Rikku and Paine. However to comphensate for this there will be "dress spheres" that you can get. This allows characters to change job class (also changes abilities and stats). The job classes that I can recall at the moment are White Mage, Black Mage, Gunner, Animal Trainer, Swordsman (or should that be swordswoman!), Theif, and Songstress.

Square-Enix's Japanese FFX-2 site has a lot of very good pictures and info, but it's in Japanese. I managed to find my way around it though! FFX2.com used to be a really good site for FFX-2 info, but they are currently undergoing a re-construction. And I think when they come back up again, they'll be full of spoilers, so I guess I won't be going there anymore.

I'm really looking forward to FFX-2. It should be a really awesome game, especially since I really enjoyed FFX (it being my second favorite FF game and 5th favorite all time game). My only qualm was with the "outfits" that they are wearing. I don't like the whole FF meets Tomb Raider look, and prefer Yuna's FFX outfit a lot better. And Rikku in a bikini! Oh well. I guess I'm getting used to it though. I do really like Yuna's songstress outfit. That looks really cool.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

04-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

:

[ My only qualm was with the "outfits" that they are wearing. I don't like the whole FF meets Tomb Raider look, and prefer Yuna's FFX outfit a lot better. And Rikku in a bikini!

Abe Babe...

Hey, I'm not complaining...

04-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Cobra_69
Chippunk

Cobra_69  (10)
Mad

Hey Rikku in a bikkini sounds good to me

hey abe babe where you from and is final fantasy X-2 out there cause the whole outfit thing sounds kick ass.its a pitty about so little charactors and who's this new girl.

i thin k Yuna finding Tidus would be really cool but he was a dream being kept alive by the faith right.it wouldn't make much sense if she found him but it would still be cool
04-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

Ashe  (10)

Hello Cobra_69. Have you finished FFX? Did you see the ending? Spoilers here, please do not read if you do not want to spoil the game for you. When Tidus was in the Sea at the end. He was not longer able to be when the Fayth were gone, so why was he floating in the sea. I am trying to think why he is there. Maybe there is a way he lived as he helped save the world.

Also in FFX-2 there is a Tidus look alike! He looks younger and a little bit different to Tidus though, so I do not think that it is him, but I would like to know who he is and where his involvement is with the game.

04-24-2003, 04:31 PM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

:
There will be 3 playable characters in FFX-2. Yuna, Rikku and Paine. However to comphensate for this there will be "dress spheres" that you can get. This allows characters to change job class (also changes abilities and stats). The job classes that I can recall at the moment are White Mage, Black Mage, Gunner, Animal Trainer, Swordsman (or should that be swordswoman!), Theif, and Songstress.
-Abe Babe...
Augh! We(us Finns) were given wrong information! A local game show on the TV-told that there are three playable characters- Rikku, Yuna and Lulu! There was nothing mentioned about that... Paine.
How rude. n_n

And that "dress" system is like the job system from FFV&FFT. Am I correct?

:
Also in FFX-2 there is a Tidus look alike! He looks younger and a little bit different to Tidus though, so I do not think that it is him, but I would like to know who he is and where his involvement is with the game.
Summoner Yuna, would it be possible, that this Tidus look alike could be Wakka's long gone little bro? I mean, Wakka and Lulu both said that tidus does look like Chappu...

Last edited by The Red Muse; 04-24-2003 at 08:41 AM..
04-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

*brings out big book of FFX-2 information for all the questions* Okay, here goes.

:
hey abe babe where you from and is final fantasy X-2 out there cause the whole outfit thing sounds kick ass.its a pitty about so little charactors and who's this new girl.
I'm in Australia. Currently FFX-2 is only available in Japan. It was released last month. The North American release is schedules for November this year. No date has been set for the Australian or European release. Probably another 3-4 months after that as it usually is (*sigh* I hate waiting).

Not too much is known about Paine. I don't even think that too much is revealed about her in the game from what I've heard. She's the typical "mysterious past" character than seems to be present in every FF game. Her default outfit has her weilding a sword.

:
Originally posted by Summoner Yuna
Correct. There is also a Yuna look alike called Lenne, but she has longer hair. I have deliberately kept away from finding out too much info on these two, because it would be a spoiler. I know a little about Lenne, though. She's a singer. And the cool thing is that she is modelled on Koda Kumi who sings Real Emotion/1000 Words (the main songs of FFX-2). She also provided the dance moves for the video you see of Yuna in concert during the opening of FFX-2. I do think though that Lenne and the Tidus look-alike have some kind of connection.

:
Originally posted by The Red Muse
And that "dress" system is like the job system from FFV&FFT. Am I correct?
It expands on it. I haven't played FFV yet, and I don't have Tactics (it isn't even available here in Australia which sucks). I believe in those games you could change job classes for the characters, but you could only do it from the menu screen. In FFX-2, depending on what dress spheres you have, you can actually change dress during battle. So if you come across a fiend who is more suited to a magic attack than physical, you can change on the spot. Not sure if there is a limit to the number of times you can change per battle however. It might also depend on what your stats or abilities are at the time.

:
would it be possible, that this Tidus look alike could be Wakka's long gone little bro? I mean, Wakka and Lulu both said that tidus does look like Chappu...
Someone came up with that theory on a FF forum I visit. But Chappu was not only killed, but if you go to the Farplane in FFX, you see Wakka or Lulu (can't remember which one or if it was both of them), talking to him. Of course the Farplane is confusing in itself, as no one knows if it is really the spirits of the dead or if it is one's own memories of the dead.

Abe Babe...

04-29-2003, 03:49 AM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

: Apr 2002
: Australia
: 403
Miss Odd  (10)

OMG! Final Fantasy X-2 sounds sssooo good! Is it going to be on PS2 or GameCube? I'd better start saving...

AbeBabe, when you said Yuna looked like Tomb Raider, I was picturing something completley differnet from what I saw in a picture. I think the kimono looks cool, but I don't mind what the "tomb raider" outfit looks like. If she's going off to save Tidus, she probably can't walk around in a kimono all day... or did she in FFX?!

What does her songstress look like????

Cool a singer character, I like her already!

~Miss Odd Serenity

P.S I put a pic from FF in my sig that I made today, finally, but I'm not sure... is it Tidus? I just liked the pic !

.::[Oddworld Online]::.

04-29-2003, 11:24 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)

:
Originally posted by Miss Odd
OMG! Final Fantasy X-2 sounds sssooo good! Is it going to be on PS2 or GameCube? I'd better start saving...

~Miss Odd Serenity

P.S I put a pic from FF in my sig that I made today, finally, but I'm not sure... is it Tidus? I just liked the pic !
FF X-2 is only coming out on PS2.
And actually the guy from your banner is from Square's Kingdom Hearts-- he's Sora^____^!!

They look almost the same with Tidus..^____^

04-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by Miss Odd
AbeBabe, when you said Yuna looked like Tomb Raider, I was picturing something completley differnet from what I saw in a picture. I think the kimono looks cool, but I don't mind what the "tomb raider" outfit looks like. If she's going off to save Tidus, she probably can't walk around in a kimono all day... or did she in FFX?!

What does her songstress look like????
You've probably only seen the FFX pictures of Yuna. In FFX, she is wearing a kimono type outfit, but in FFX-2 she wears *gasp* hot pants!!!

Yuna: FFX

Yuna: FFX-2

I've attached the picture of Yuna as a songstress, as it's larger than the others and I didn't want to extend the postbit.

Abe Babe...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yuna_singer.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	58.7 
ID:	724  

04-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

Miss Odd  (10)

Ohhhh... I see what you mean. She does look really...[original word removed] different? I wonder why she changed so much... well now I agree. The songstress is a little better though.

~Miss Odd Serenity

Last edited by Miss Odd; 05-01-2003 at 07:50 PM..
05-02-2003, 03:43 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

Ashe  (10)

Hello Miss Odd Serenity. Do you really think that Yuna in FFX-2 looks tarty. I do agree that she looks different to her look in FFX, but I also really do like her new look. It looks more modern and she actually looks like she can do things herself now. In FFX I do think that she was more of a follower rather than a leader. She looks like a leader now and that she is on a mission.

05-02-2003, 03:49 AM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

Miss Odd  (10)

Hi Summoner Yuna...

I'm sorry to offend anyone, but that is why I put a question mark next to tarty, because I wasn't sure what word to put.

I actually haven't played FFX, so I don't know what she is like as in the leader aspect, but if wearing different clothes makes her more of a leader I'm not really sure that is such a good thing.

Well, I'll have to see the game in order to say what I really think anyway...

~Miss Odd Serenity

05-02-2003, 06:05 AM
Ashe
Sniper Wasp

Ashe  (10)

Hello Miss Odd Serenity. I am very sorry. I did not mean to sound angry in my post. I think sometimes I defend Final Fantasy too much!!!!!! You did not offend me at all. Let us hug and be happy! *hugs Miss Odd Serenity*. I do hope that you get to play FFX one day. I think that you would like that game from what I have read in your posts. But you are correct, Yuna in FFX is very different looking to FFX-2. And I do think that the FFX-2 Yuna is more aimed towards some males. I think we do need more hot guys in games, like Tidus!!!!!!!

05-03-2003, 04:19 AM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

Miss Odd  (10)

Hello Summoner Yuna,

That's okay , I wasn't sure by your post if you were angry at me or not... sure ! lets hug and be friends *hugs summoner yuna*!

I think she's aimed at males, definatley! But there should be more hot guys as well

I'm positive I would be a big fanatic like you and AbeBabe if I actually had a Ps2 and the games, but... I dont! *cries*, thats why I would like to download it, but I dont know how....

AbeBabe gave me FFVII on PC and I'm playing that and loving it!!!

I downloaded some FF songs yesterday...

-Suteki Da Ne (the one from your sig)
- Melodies of Life
- One Winged Angel

And I lllooovvveee suteki da ne... its beautiful! Well i'd better go...

~Miss Odd Serenity

05-03-2003, 06:11 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

The Red Muse  (10)
*biting fingernails*

I don't like Yuna's new look at all. She looks more like a b*tch, than a (ex-) summoner. I liked the kimono-look much more than this Tomb Raider- thingy.
Shame you Yuna--Shaaaame!

...I like Summoner Yuna's idea... FFX-2 needs a big bunch-o-good looking men... big, strong men... with dreadlocks...