04-18-2001, 11:42 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)
Playstation2

The Playstation 2 is very expensive. About one year and a half year ago I heard the PSX2 will cost 600 German marks (I'm not sure but that would be 300 US dollars) I wanted to buy it because I thought MO will be released on it. But now the PSX2 costs 900 marks!(about 450 dollars) That's too expensive! I hope the X-BOX will be cheaper. Has anybody bought a Playstation 2?

04-18-2001, 01:03 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I heard the Xbox will be around the same cost as the PS2 ($300 US, $750 Aus). It can seem really expensive for a game console compared to the PSOne, but it does have DVD capabilities.

The Xbox seems like the far superior machine... and I am getting one simply because Munch's Oddysee will be on it.

I am still deciding whether to get a PS2... as if I want to play FFX I will need to get a PS2 (damn... why didn't Square sign w/ Xbox).

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-19-2001, 10:14 PM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

: California, and Europe
: 120
Steel Shark 100  (11)

FreakyLA : PSX2 will be about $200-$250 this June-July maybe only by August, but it is coming. With XBOX and Gamecube coming the competition will be fierce for gamers money. A price drop and a major sale of more PSX2 is coming, they want to get as large a user base as possible before the other gaming machines get out to the consumer. Look for 400-450 Marks soon.

You are not missing too much yet. But the PSX2 does have great games coming. So by the time they do arrive you will get a PSX2 for about half of what it is now, give or take a bit. Trust me this will happen soon. Just be a little patient for a while longer. Maybe a nice price drop announcement at E3, I would bet on it.

XBOX will be about $250, I believe because of the PSX2 and Gamecube prices. They will lose about $125 on every XBOX. I believe XBOX cannot afford to go to $300, it would be too much above the competition. Gamecube will be $200, maybe $179.

As of now the up-coming games with the most muscle on PSX2 are MGS2; FFX; Devil may cry; Run like Hell; and of course GT3. But believe it or not there are three games coming that are not well known "YET",that I am actually hotter for, they are Herdy Gerdy; Ico from Sony; and Saffire, all 3D ACT/ ADV games coming this Fall. You will here of them soon, I have play tested all of them, no doubt they are sure fire hits.

All three systems are great, to have them all will assure you of playing only the best of the best. I suggest you get PSX2 this summer when the price drops. Then in Fall get an American XBOX, MO cannot be put on hold. By having two systems you can then hold off on Gamecube until March of 2002. And yes Gamecube will be sweet, you will see soon. This way you can spread your money out, instead of spending it all at once. Anyway just be patient and you will be playing all the great games soon, good luck.
04-20-2001, 12:08 AM
glukkon_daniel
Spark Stunk

: Champaign, IL
: 368
glukkon_daniel  (10)

I have a ps2! I've got...

Timesplitters
SSX
DOA2
Tekken Tag
The Bouncer (not that great... selling it.)

I've played...

Madden 2001
ATV
Onimusha (buying it tomorrow)
Sky Oddyssey (great game)
Unreal Tournament (eh... O.K...)
And some others.