TomFrogman
Bolamite

: Nov 2005
: Australia
: 68
TomFrogman  (10)
The Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter an Oddworld RPG

Now, I know what you're all probably thinking. Another new guy and another poorly thought out roleplay. Well, I've already taken a gander at the ol' rules and whilst I'm fully aware of my lack of 'RP License', I am both well accustomed with Oddworld and the act of roleplaying, so I'd like to submit this thread not only as a new roleplay, but a sort of 'application' for my license. Should the moderators deem this thread unfit, I apologise in advance and you are more than welcome to subject it to deletion.

So lets start by laying some ground rules:
  • This RP can be joined at anytime simply by posting both your character's profile and a body of text in which incorporates your character into the storyline wherever an opening is seen. Idealy this RP should not exceed ten or so players, but you're more than welcome to join after this limit is exceeded if you can find a way to appropriately and smoothly work your character into the storyline. One or two characters per person only please, however there can be an infinite amount of 'NPC' characters which can be controlled and/or destroyed by any player.
  • Posts should contain a decent amount of body to them in either 'storytelling' or 'script' format, although storytelling is preferable. I would love to see some meaty dialogue or description in these posts rather than one-liners and for this reason I would also appreciate it if you have had previous experience in RPing before joining this thread.
  • I encourage the use of 'split scenes' where applicable (the telling of one story from two different perspectives during the same point in time) - don't feel it necessary for your character to join up with the rest of the group if such RPing techniques could be utilized more effectively. However, this is not to say that we should have every character going off on their own solo adventure. Just have common sense.
  • Character profiles should contain any or all of the following information; name, species, age, weapon/equipment, description, personality and/or brief biography. All Oddworldian races are available, however I would prefer to refraim from the use of made up species and absurd powers outside the realm of Oddworld.
  • All characters must be original. No Abe, Munch, Molluck etc.
  • Low level power playing is acceptable if permission is granted to do so. Do not God-Mode. For further information please refer to the Oddworld RPG Rules.

NAME: Darvek
SPECIES: Slig (worker class)
EQUIPMENT: Cartel Standard BPK-R (BlitzPacker), Retractable V-Blade, Night Vision Headgear Attachment, Model 36CRI Pantwear (for maximum mobility)

DESCRIPTION: A renegade Slig bounty hunter. An enourmous scar stretches across from the corner of his eye down to his neck. Slightly larger build than your average Slig with darker, more abresive skin. High ranking equipment, earned years earlier during training in the SligBarracks, including a steel component attached to the left arm containing a retractable 'V-Blade' developed in Vykker Labs. Metallic headgear and pants show considerable signs of aging, rusted and tarnished.
PERSONALITY: Speaking with a rather gruff, raspy voice, Darvek shows little signs of emotion or compassion for others. Being neither for or against the natives/industrials, Darvek lives alone - and prefers it that way - doing only what's necessary to ensure his own survival. Tries to refraim from becoming emotionally attached to others and despises industrial life, hoping never to return to his assigned post in FeeCo Depot.
BIOGRAPHY: Originally leased to vice-president Aslik of the FeeCo Depot, Darvek's attitude toward industrial life, poor work ethic and general unwillingness to cooperate with the industry ultimately resulted in his banishment from the SligBarracks and eventual release of duty from the Depot. Despite his unmatched level of expertise in combat, Darvek was deemed uncontrollable and unfit for duty, the Magog Cartel sentencing him to a hearing with Queen Skillya in order to decide his fate. Prior to this hearing, however, Darvek managed to overthrow and escape his industrial captors to begin his new life on the run as a renegade bounty hunter. Although still heavily sought after to this day by the Magog Cartel, it is not uncommon for members within the Cartel to seek out Darvek's services in secrecy.

Prelude:

On the continent of Mudos, residing southwest of the great fortress, there sits a small tribal village known to the natives as Norg. Although primarily a Mudokon based community, Norg is a heavily multicultural society, providing home to various other Oddworldian races. Being situated on the outskirts of the Lhakeem Woodlands, residents of Norg are extremely in touch with their natural surroundings, worshiping the land and learning to respect and coexist alongside the local Paramite population. The Lhakeem region is surrounded by dangerous mountainous peaks, the people of Norg finding themselves isolated from outside world events and industrial corruption. They are a simple and peace-loving people, relying only on one another as a society to pull through whatever challenges they may face. It is a private sanctuary, completely devoid of industrial destruction; a rare oddity, as the surrounding forest of Lhakeem is a well hidden goldmine of industry potential, providing fine quality resources that would no doubt have been exploited long ago by the Magog Cartel, had they of known such a place existed.

There is one, however, whose presence threatens the entire Lhakeem region and Norgian way of life. A renegade Slig bounty hunter has found his way into the forests of Lhakeem. A Slig the Cartel would go to great lengths in order to capture. Dead or alive. Will this newcomers trouble with the industrials lead to the downfall of this peaceful village and lush, surrounding woodlands?

And so it begins:

OOC: As previously mentioned, you may join this RP at any time as it does not require a set amount of players to begin. I shall leave many openings in both this first post and posts to follow for you to find a way to weave your own characters into the storyline. Happy roleplaying.

As the sun sets over all of Mudos, the natives of Norg begin preperation for a night of song and dance by firelight in celebration of the annual Spooce Festival - a sacred Norgian ritual entailing the sending of thanks to the great god of Shrykull for bestowing their people with vast quantities of Spooce Shrub growing within the woodlands of Lhakeem. Spirits are high, Gabbits and Grubbs bouncing about excitedly whilst the Mudokons join hands in spiritual chant, longing for the night. Finally that moment comes, the sky turning a brilliant orange before sunlight dissapears from the world once more; and in its place a Mudokon paw shines brightly, the enourmous moon of Mudos revealed overhead. The natives let out joyful cheers, for the festival has begun.

But it was short lived.

The ground below them shakes as a thunderous roar drowns out the sounds of cheerful banter, becoming louder and louder as the source of the noise draws nearer. Ratz scatter in all directions, retreating to the woods in futile attempt to escape the sound whilst natives remain still, searching the skies for a source of all the commotion. They huddle together, anxious and confused when they see it. On the horizon, silhouetted by the moon, a swarm of creatures approach at great speed: Flying Sligs.

Within seconds they've reached Norg, darting about erratically, scanning every last square inch of land, the combined sound of their propellers letting out an almighty roar. A much larger Slig seperates itself from the group to inspect the natives, looking each of them up and down carefully. It pauses for a moment before turning its back to them, speaking into an electronic device attached to its arm with a menacing tone.

'No sign of 'im, boss' he mumbles, 'Nothin' here but a bunch of filthy natives,'

'He's down there somewhere, damnit!' a voice screeches back, 'Prepare space for landing. We're coming down.'

'Roger that!'

A military-esque hand gesture is given. The platoon of Slig, recognising this signal immediately, swarm above ground once more before releasing a series of grenades. Dirt and soil flies about all over the place whilst the natives race around in terror, a chain reaction of explosions tearing through the village.

'Landing space clear!' the Flying Slig barks back, 'Awaiting your arrival, boss.'

An enourmous disc shaped object emerges overhead, its shadow casting Norg into eternal darkness. Although most too naive to realise it, the vessel is trademark Vykker technology - an extensive mobile laboratory. A small chute located on the underbelly of the lab promptly opens. Light shines brilliantly from within for a brief moment before releasing a large metallic pod which comes hurtling down toward the ground below. Sligs maneuver themselves out of the objects path, the odd one or two getting caught beneath it as it smashes forcefully into the ground, knocking Mudokon's off of their feet.

The pod lays motionless for a moment or two, Gabbit's curiously inspecting the device from behind nearby rubble. Large amounts of exhaust fumes are expelled as retractable [almost] leg-like devices are released from either side, firmly planting themselves on Norg soil. The pod, now resembling somewhat of an Earth spider or crab, hovers an inch or two above ground, supported by the large beam like structures protruding out of its sides. A steel door toward the front of the vessel shoots open, and from it emerges a particularly hideous Vykker accompanied by three Glukkons and Slig ground troops.

The Vykker edges forward, examining locals from behind deformed facial tissue, surgical scars covering the vast majority of its face causing skin to hang loosely and overlap in odd regions. Cold, lifeless eyes dart left and right.

'This place is a freakin' goldmine!' exclaims a Glukkon, admiring the local landscape amongst his comrades.

'We gotta' get the Cartel out here, pronto!' another adds. 'I smell profit!'

The Vykker turns toward Slig troops, shrieking orders. 'Arright, listen up! That rat bastard must be somewhere in these woods and we're losing light fast, damnit! I want every one of your asses in there searching and not another word spoken until Darvek is standing right here in front of me!'

Moonlight can be seen through the thick foliage overhead, rays of light cutting through darkness and illuminating all they touch. On the forest floor there sits a lone Slig huddled over campfire, a large scar stretching across his eye and down the neck covered by shadows. Firelight dances across the Slig's dark, abbressive skin, emphasizing muscular arms; the left equip with a rusted metalic device. His relatively standard-issue robotic legwear seemed to match, quite obviously old and tarnished.

Darvek

Paramites who had onced watched cautiously from afar begin to draw in closer to the newcomer, carefully observing its movement. Moving as pack from all angles they prepare for an easy meal, Sligs being uncommon visitors to this region if ever at all. They titter excitedly, eagerly anticipating the hunt.

But it was short lived.

A thunderous roar from afar causes the ground to tremble. Darvek quickly snaps to attention, leaping to his feet whilst terrified Paramites scatter east. Ratz, too, scurry past his feet in the same direction. Slinging his BlitzPacker over one shoulder, Darvek hastily begins to cover the campfire with soil. He knew it'd only be a matter of time before he'd have to deal with these guys again, but he hadn't anticipated just how quickly they would find him.

Movement! In the shrubbery up ahead. The sound of footsteps against damp soil, approaching with great speed. Springing into action, Darvek cocks his gun in the direction of the sound and prepares himself for the worst...

OOC: Heh. Big first entry, I know, but I was trying to set the scene and events up as best I could whilst trying not to rush things too much. Just a few notes, this RP may seem to be very focused around my character, Darvek, but it will be moreso concerned with the destruction and exploitation of Norg. Darvek is merely the trigger in this series of events. Feel free to add yourself in wherever you see fit, I've left sufficient openings. However please do not claim the Vykker as he is my second (and last) character whom I'll introduce more thoroughly later on. Enjoy.

The Story So Far... (Last Updated: 23/01/06)

Upon landing in Norg in search of the Cartel outlaw, Darvek, a particularly hideous, money hungry Vykker known as Vernon released Slig ground troops into the surrounding woodlands of Lhakeem to search for the industry rebel.
Vernon's three Glukkon companions - involved in the search for Darvek by supplying the necessary firepower and troops - soon became aware of the industry potential for the village and its surrounding natural habitat, calling in more industry leaders of the Cartel to examine the area.
Seeing further profit in the Glukkon's need for such resources, Vernon quickly seized ownership rights to the region of Lhakeem and began selling out to the Glukkon's for outrageous prices by enslaving Norgian villagers, destroying wildlife and turning the area into a barren wasteland.
Meanwhile, far off in the middle of the woodlands, the renegade bounty hunter Darvek had set up a small camp, expecting to be rid of Vernon's troops for quite some time.

Darvek was soon joined by a battleworn Steef named Flaxis whom had snuck away amongst the comotion of the landing party in Norg. Flaxis offered Darvek partnership against the Industrialists which Darvek reluctantly accepted.
Almost as quickly as they had met, another wandering traveler of the Steef variety named Calvarr found his way into Darvek's camp. Suspecting a trap or a pair of industry assassins, it took Darvek some time to put his trust in the two.

Vernon's Slig ground troops were closing in on their possition fast, however one soldier by the name of Frex had decided to use this opportunity to escape his lease to the Vykker. Creating a distraction with a common variety hand grenade, Frex made a run for it and ultimately lead the vast majority of Slig off of the path to Darvek, Flaxis and Calvarr's possition.
A small group of Slig soon discovered their whereabouts and after a short battle in which it was revealed Calvarr was a dealer of deadly poisons, it was decided they needed to retreat to a safer place. Knowing of such a place in the woods, Flaxis lead the three to a series of caverns.

Frex, still on the run from troops he had previously abandoned, managed to find his way into the caves. After a most awkward introduction, it was revealed that Darvek and Frex knew each other, both having been posted at the FeeCo Deepot earlier in life.
Calvarr, whom had wandered outside the caves, haunted by his past life experiences soon found they were under attack by an enourmous, mutated Big Bro Slig. Flaxis, whom had left Darvek and Frex to get reacquainted found Calvarr in trouble and let off a flare to alert the other two of danger.

Back in Norg, Vernon was continuing to reel in cash from the exploitation of Lhakeem, almost entirely forgetting his reasoning for being within the area in the first place. Flaxis' flare seen far in the distance, over treetops, soon alerted him of Darvek's possition and it was ordered a full force attack squad search the area.
Amongst all the comotion, a Mudokon villager by the name of Sal was accidentally released from slavery, his somewhat poor grasp of reality leading him to follow after the ambushing Slig, believing it to be some form of race.

After defeating the Big Bro Slig attacker at the cave entrance, in which it was revealed Calvarr possessed some form of supernatural abilities, a fight had broken out amongst the four companions when Darvek had finally had enough of so many near death experiences.
Demanding an explanation for all the recent events within their once peaceful home, Darvek and Frex explained to Flaxis and Calvarr how Darvek had escaped the Cartel years ago and was now hunted for the enourmous bounty over his head.

Not knowing of the villages destruction and the exploitation of Lhakeem's resources back in Norg, it was assumed by Flaxis, Calvarr and Frex that handing in Darvek would prevent any further onslaught and make the Industrial's leave this place once and for all.
Sensing the others would turn against him, Darvek made a hefty retreat back into the caverns, followed closely by Frex. It was soon revealed that these tunnels were actually Paramite nesting grounds after the discovery of an enourmous egg chamber infested by enraged Paramite.

Back at the entrance, Flaxis had been slowed down after Calvarr had gone into yet another of his comatose-esque flashback states, followed shortly after bumping into Sal, whom had outrun the Slig troops. The Slig merely ran directly past the Steef and entered the caves after Darvek.
Although he no longer desired to protect Darvek, Flaxis too, entered the caves in hopes of saving Sal, whom had once again followed after the Slig due to his happy-go-lucky 'dementia'.

Thinking fast, Frex released a grenade into the chamber, causing a cave in which destroyed many Paramite and Slig, as well as divided the entire room by a stone wall.
Whilst Darvek had immediately taken this opportunity to escape into one of the hundreds of tunnels in this complex network of caverns, Frex was caught in the middle of a massacre as Paramite from all over swarmed the room and attacked the surviving ground troops.

From the other side of the room, Flaxis and Sal hastily began moving rocks about alongside Paramite in hopes of getting Frex out of there. They were successful in saving Frex from almost certain death, as well as a few Slig troops who swore themselves forever in debt to Flaxis and Sal.

Last edited by TomFrogman; 01-23-2006 at 12:33 AM..
01-08-2006, 11:59 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: Well... I guess I'll let this pass... It's well organized and all. I'm excited to see how it'll turn up. :-)
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

: Dec 2004
: Minnesota
: 346
sliguy101  (10)

NAME: Calvarr Trugery
SPECIES: Steef
EQUIPMENT: A fairly large dagger with several blood marks on it in his right hand, and helds a bronze gun in the other. Carries a bag of poisons and flasks. Everywhere he goes, his head is filled with his horrid past.

DESCRIPTION: A Thief, Poison Seller/Maker, and not having a balence of good or evil. Cannot forget about his past, and it shall be the only thing he thinks about for the rest of his life. Wears a rugged, old, black leather hat and a bandana around his mouth and nose. Also wears a vest he made out of Fuzzel's Fur, and wears a pair of pants he used from the skins of Paramites. Wears no gloves nor shoes, and can run at the speed of 30 miles per hour.
PERSONALLITY: Has a fairly quiet and cracky voice. His social skills can be a real pain at some times. Fear strikes any person who talks with him, and Calvarr rarely dares to be a friend with somebody. He has been alone for his entire life, and never bothers to find his true parents. Never smiled, either. He ate any living creature he saw, and drank water from any mountain spring he could find. Mess with him, and consider yourself dead.
BIOGRAPHY: Born in a town filled with crime and dark disipline, Calvarr went through rough times in that old and dangerous town. Not knowing his real parents, he was raised by a local gang that constantly teached him bad things and almost always tried to give him cigars. When he was about 17 in human years, he had gone insane because the gang kept making jokes about him. He reached for the closest thing he could find (the dagger I described in EQUIPMENT) and killed everyone in the gang. All he thought after that was running. And so he did, and he ran for over seven days. With nothing on, he had to make his own clothes. He used Fuzzel's Fur as a coat, and Paramite skins as pants. At recent, he had found some mountains and decided to climb them to test his strength. At the top, he feet where bleeding, and his face and other body parts were dirty and covered in scars. But he saw something at the bottom of the other side of the mountain. It was a village, and he was thankful to see it. When he had gotten to the other side, one of the villagers saw that he was injured, and took him to the village. To this day, he lives with the Norgs and learned to respect them. Still, he refused any offerings the other Norgs have given him, and just bathed in the Mountain's Hot Springs all day. He is a Poison Seller in the village, and wants to become nothing else but the real Calvarr inside of him.
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

OOC: Finally, An actually serious RPG besides W@RF! I'll do my best to keep up with this.

Age: 21 (Steef Years, which means basically the same age in Human years)
Equipment: Modified Cartel Standard Assualt Rifle (Slig's average weapon) Modifications include: an extended clip, added scope, laser pointer on end, and a increased fire-rate; Steel Katana with a leather-wrapped hilt; Binocs with a microphone and thermal attachment; and a bulletproof vest (See description)

Job: Freelance Bounty Hunter

Description: Although he is a steef, he lost his back legs when he was young when his tribe was ambushed by the industrialists, thus making him seem normal, but leaving terrible scars. His horns were later broken off by a pair of Big Bro Sligs while he was in there custody. He has dark blue eyes, so dark they seem black, and has blond hair. Muscles are apparent on his body from the intense labor he was sent through as a slave. He is 6'10 tall, towering over most creatures. He wears traditional clothes, with a leather shirt incribed with his tribe's symbols, and his pants are likewise. The only straying item is the bulletproof vest underneath the shirt, made by a secret process only he knows.

Personality: He is normally dark and brooding, but inside is a kind soul. He will defend anyone who is subjected to cruel treatment. He is misunderstood by most people, because of his blunt opinion. His anger is almost unstoppable when in full gear. Words heard during his murderous rage are related to, in his own words; "Filthy...Glukkon scum.....pay back... "

Biography: His past is a mystery, and he is not eager to tell others about it. The only definite thing known about him is found in a long-forgotten records database in an abandoned section of the Cartel he was brought to as a cub. His tribe was ambushed by a group of greedy mercenarys who were hired by an unknown company made up of Glukkons. He was the only survivor, according to the same records. 2 years after Flaxis was released from their custody, the company mysteriously shut down, due to the Glukkon's murders in their beds. The only clue to their deaths were what seemed to be two broken branches in the shape of horns thrust into their skulls.

Flaxis had been standing silently slightly ahead of the slig, watching the scene with his dark eyes. When the Glukkon had come out of the ship and had began to speak excitedly about the profit, his fist had clenched slightly. But when the Vykker had said something about Darvek, he turned his back to the conversation, assuming he had heard anything useful. He gently walked foward, looking for a sign of trouble, just in case there were already patrols in the forest. As he walked forward, he saw a brief fire, which was suddenly put out. As Flaxis moved gently toward what he thought to be a makeshift camp, he stepped on a twig. He froze, mentally kicking himself for the stupid move.

He looked forward, inching his head until he saw the slig with it's blitzpacker aimed straight at him. From habit, Flaxis's mind automatically calculated the distance from him and the gun, the bullet's speed, and his mind said one simple thing: If this slig fires, you'll die. If you somehow survive, you'll probably get caught by the patrols who would come after the sound. Flaxis also realized one more thing. This was the slig the Vykker had been looking for.

Darvek

Gently, oh so gently, he put his hands up, the universel sign for "Hey, I'm not pointing a huge gun at you and want to be friends", and walked out of the bushes.

"I hear that you're a wanted man. If you're, uh, trouble enough that the Cartel wants you, I think we could be partners for awhile." Flaxis said in his slow, rough voice. "Make some moolah, you know, and, uh, at the same time, we could cause some more trouble for 'em" At this, Flaxis gestured at the Industrialists at the fire and spat. He held out his hand, and asked Darvek his simple question.

"So, uh, what do you say?"

OOC: I'm not making Flaxis say 'uh' a lot because hes stupid, I'm trying to base his speech on the Strangers, who says 'uh' a lot when talking, so hes not acting dumb.

Wrex.

Last edited by mitsur; 01-12-2006 at 04:32 PM..
01-11-2006, 03:51 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Calvarr was silently sitting in his shop in the East side of the village. He sat in the old, rickety chair with his feet on the counter, silently waiting for customers. Behind him, there were a bunch of threatening letters to close his store down. "It's nothing personal," he always says "It's only what my passion is."
Finally, a customer came in. It was a Grubb that looked fairly old. He wore a black robe with a cowl on it, and he used a cane to support his body. He shuddered as he moved.

"Whaddya' want?" Calvarr asked. "Is this another lost soul looking for guidence? If so, your in the wrong place."
The old Grubb nearly chuckled. "I'm here for what this is built here for." He replied."
"Hmmmm, what do YOU need poisons for?" Asked Calvarr.
"I'm in need of them so I can, ahem." The Grubbs voice turned into a whisper. "Kill one of my old rivals."

Calvarr went silent and looked at the old Grubb for a moment. Finally, he took his feet off the counter and looked at his face closely.
"I like you, oldie. What's your name?"
01-11-2006, 04:52 AM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Just a quick note Mitsur; Darvek and his small campfire are deep within the Lhakeem Woodlands in which surrounds Norg where the Industrials made contact. I've added a little extra to my initial post to avoid further confusion.

I'll be adding my follow up post later when I have more time. I'll assume that your character edged his way into Lhakeem during or shortly following the events in Norg and came across Darvek once further inside.
01-11-2006, 01:59 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Yeah, my bad. I think I'll just start in the forest blindly trying to escape.)
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Yeah, I changed mine around also, so it should be easier for your follow-up. Sorry for that, didn't know it. Cheers
-Mitsur

Wrex.

01-11-2006, 05:54 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

After Calvarr had made it over the mountains just in time, he started to walk blindly through the dark and eerie forest, gathering some herbs and roots along the way for his poisons.

"Damn Sligs." He complained. "Always wrecking villages and leaving me and the others with no place to go. Then, even if we get to another town, the Sligs will blow that up and so until every town and village is torn down." Then, Calvarr slapped himself and told him to get a grip. "Complaining won't get myself anywhere, for now I need a place to rest."

Calvarr must have been walking for over an our in the endless forest. All of a sudden, hope had finally struck him. He saw a flickering light which his flawless eyes. Was it a camp or some kind of Inn, or was it a trap? For him, there was always only one way to find out. He ran running towards the light.

(OOC: Obviously you know where he's goanna end up.)
01-11-2006, 07:53 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2006
: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

(OOC: I'm kinda new at this so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong)

Name: Frex
Species: Slig, male
Equipment: Steel knife, backpack with a few grenades and some food

Job: Frex was a security guard at FeeCo. Depot until he was re-assigned to another assignment for frequent aggression against greeters.

Description: Frex is a tall slig with rusty legs. He has strange black leather mask which covers most of his face and allows him to breathe easier.

Personality: Frex doesn't talk a lot and has a low partly electronic voice. He sometimes has mood changes and he talks to himself when he's alone. He's never met his parents and he hates Glukkons and Greeters.

Biography: Frex was born in a small industial town somewhere near Splinterz. He was abandoned by his parents who had to leave mysteriously after his birth. He was always treated like garbage at FeeCo. Depot and was once attacked by a malfunctioning Greeter. His lungs were partially destroyed. No one helped Frex, until he found a found a scrub being horribly tortured by a younger slig. He stopped the slig and threatened to shoot him if he ever did that again. The scrub gave the slig a medical mask which he stole from Vyker's Labs. Two years later, Frex attacked a couple of new Greeters which were just bought and sent to his's patrol area in FeeCo. He was re-assigned to a "landing" troop which was hunting Darvek. Frex Still works fro the Glukkons just to stay alive, but he despises them inside and is just waiting for the right moment to....

(Hope that's fine with everyone)

Last edited by oddveteran93; 01-11-2006 at 08:17 PM..
01-11-2006, 07:55 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

Darvek remained motionless, his gun cocked in the direction of the sounds of footsteps up ahead when it emerged. An enourmous creature (Flaxis) had emerged, arms raised seemingly in a gesture of good faith. Darvek recognised the beast immediately as a Steef, somewhat common to the more western regions of Mudos. These parts being situated on the border, it was no suprise to Darvek that a Steef or two may have wandered through from time to time.

He was of rugged appearance, obviously battle-worn. Scarring would indicate he lost his hind legs some time ago, horns too, being broken off and armed with rather high standard Cartel equipment. This Steef was not a stranger to war. Dangerous. Untrustworthy.

'I hear that you're a wanted man', the Steef spoke in a low, resonant tone, motioning for Darvek to lower his weapon.

Darvek did not.

'If you're, uh, trouble enough that the Cartel wants you, I think we could be partners for awhile. Make some moolah, you know, and uh, at the same time, we could make some more trouble for 'em'

Darvek remained still for an uncomfortable amount of time, finger itching to pull the trigger. Under normal circumstances, the Slig wouldn't have hesitated to open fire. But these were not normal circumstances. Ammunition had been tight as of late and the sound of gunshot could well give away his possition. Still, this Steef somehow knew of him. His trouble with Cartel.

Judging by the level of weaponry the beast carried alongside him, Darvek's first guess would be a mercenary for hire. A possible Industrial spy or assassin. An admitedly unusual alliance for Steef kind, but the idea of deception was not new to Darvek and he knew it was certainly not a new concept to Vernon. Particularly as of late.

'So, uh, what do you say?'

The commotion earlier indicated the Cartel had made contact not too long ago, although Darvek had assumed a clean, open space for landing pods in these regions would be an abnormality. Still, it would be consistant with this Steef's arrival. No. Darvek's mind was made up. The Steef was a threat. A possible industry assassin, out to claim the bounty over Darvek's head - an irony Darvek had always gotten a somewhat twisted sense of amusement from, governing his current 'proffession'. Still. He couldn't take the chance of shooting the Steef just yet. He would play along for now.

'I'd say for the time being you may prove yourself useful to me.' Darvek finally replied. To this, the Steef appeared to become somewhat more relaxed. Darvek lowered his weapon, although remained on guard.

Movement! Another Steef (Calvarr) burts through the surrounding shrubbery causing Darvek to spring into action once more. Leaping backwards, Darvek sharply flicks out his left arm, causing a large, retractable blade to be reveal in which he holds to the newcomers neck, stopping them dead in their tracks. With the other arm, he draws the other Steef at gunpoint once more in a kind of stand-off.

Herbs and other plantlife are released from the intruders hands, clumping together on the forest floor. His clothes are much more practical and civilized in appearance, possibly that of a merchant, indicating a small town or village nearby. 'Of course,' Darvek thought, 'the landing point'.

'What is this?' Darvek demanded, addressing both the Steef. 'Some sort of ambush? A trick? I want names. Both of you.'

He turned to face Calvarr, blade still pressed firmly to his neck, 'What's the matter, Steef? Cartel got your tongue?'

OOC: So ends another entry. I've hinted at a few things here that'll either tie into the story later or will help give you a better understanding of current events. Next entry I'll most likely introduce the Vykker more thoroughly.

EDIT: Fine by me 'oddveteran'. I wonder, is it that Frex has a problem with all Industrials, or simply those at the FeeCo. Depot, as it would help the RP if we evened things out s'more and had him as one of the Industrial Slig ground troops that landed in Norg. It would probably make sense too, if he were reassigned. Of course, that's entirely up to you though.

Last edited by TomFrogman; 01-11-2006 at 08:02 PM..
01-11-2006, 08:10 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: That wouldn't be a bad idea, it'll take a bit of time to edit though, but I'll do it. Erm... I hope you don't think I copied your character "TomFrogman" because I didn't.

Last edited by oddveteran93; 01-11-2006 at 10:40 PM..
01-12-2006, 12:02 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Calvarr slowly moved Darvek's and aside.
"You dare threaten ME?!" He said out loud as he picked up his herbs. "My name is Calvarr. Been a Poison maker for over ten years. Threat me again and it's your head."
Calvarr slowly turned trainquil and apologised to Darvek. "I need a place to stay, since my village got blown to bits because of your leader or whoever set that up. I don't care if I join your side, but on one condition. I need a shop to sell my poisons. That sound good to you? Besides, with my new idea, I just might be able to make you and all the other industals a whole bunch of moolah."
01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

'Arright, listen up! That rat bastard must be somewhere in these woods and we're losing light fast, damnit! I want every one of your asses in there searching and not another word spoken until Darvek is standing right here in front of me!' Frex heard the Vykker yell.

He grabbed a Cartel Standard Rifle from one of the younger sligs and gave him a bat.

"Wait 'till you're older, rookie!" he said.

Frex continued shoving thorugh thorugh the group of sligs until he reached the front line. He got uot a small flash light and started marching towards the forest. 'This is my chance to get out of here', Frex thought to himself. 'As soon as I enter that forest and it gets a bit darker, I'm out of here. I don't care if Darvek escapes, in fact he might be doing me a favour...'. The troop marched through the forest. It was quiet except for the few remaining natives and a couple of birds.

The sligs started scattering now, to search in more directions. This was the time for Frex to act. He was still planning it in his mind. 'Make a distraction, throw grenade, run'. It seemed dimple in his mind, but not so simple to do. He quickly grabbed his backpack and opened it, trying not to attract to much attention. He grabbed a grenade and swung the backpack over his shoulder.

Frex drew a deep breath and yelled as loud as he could: "There! Darvek! There he is!!"

Sligs started running towards a smaller tree which Frex pointed out. He ran forward and threw a grenade vertically up and ran. The grenade blew and sent a few sligs flying backwards and raised a lot of dust. He ran as fast as he could through the fog and mist.

(OOC: My first "bigger" entry.)

01-12-2006, 04:47 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Flaxis knew the slig was playing along as soon as he had opened his mouth. For now, Flaxis would also play a part in this comedy, waiting for his chance to bang the message that he didn't mean any harm into the slig's obviously thick skull.

The other steef had been unexpected, though. Flaxis's mind had barely registered to pin it down, when the slig seemed to read his mind and actually do it. Now he had to talk his way out the other idiot's burst-in of the camp.

Thinking quickly, he managed to make up a reasonably good story.

"Yeah, I know him. This is my brother. He's, uh, a bit slow, even when I told him to stay put."

The slig wasn't buying it, though. He was smirking slightly as he watched Flaxis's desperate attempt to do damage control. It didn't help that the other Steef, whatever his name was, 'Calvarr' or something, was shooting poorly-disguised looks of confusion at him. Darvek still had the blade pushed against Calvarr's thoat when Flaxis finally finished his crap-story with a lame ending about how soft-headed Calvarr was.

Darvek shook his head.

"You're lying. I think i'll kill your 'brother' first, and then y-"

Suddenly they all heard it.

"There! Darvek! There he is!!"

Darvek himself froze, but then relaxed as they all realized, besides Calvarr, that the yelling was in a completly different part of the forest. Then the explosion sounded, and desperate footsteps moved toward them. In an instant, Flaxis tackled the slig, with his katana at it's throat.

"Okay, scumbag, I want to know who you are, who you're working for, and what the hell you're doing here." Flaxis spat out between clenched teeth.

OOC: Didn't mean to insult Calvarr, Sliguy101, Flaxis had to find some way outta the mess he made

Wrex.

01-12-2006, 05:40 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: No offense taken.)

Thinking fast, Calvarr dropped his bag and took out both his knife and gun.

"Alright." He announced. "This is probably all a dream. And if I have to kill my way outta it I'll gladly do so."

Suddenly, he shot one of the slig ambushers in the chest, and that slig fell on the ground crying out in pain. When all the sligs started to come closer to him, he asked them to stop in a rude voice. He took out one of the flasks in his bag and held it up to them. The flask carried a light green, watery substence inside of it. It didn't fizz, but just stood still in the flask.

"See this? What is it?" Calvarr asked. All the creatures shrugged in confusion. "It's called Treystone. One of the most deadliest Poisons ever. A single drop of this on your body only start to hurt a little. But then it starts to get worse, and then you will die a slow and painful death!"

Some of the sligs shuddered at the thought of it. "Now, are you goanna go away and pretend this never happened, or do you all want a Death Wish?"
01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Sliguy, try to show that all the sligs are coming, don't just write that they had already appeared, that makes it confusing. Try to make your entries a little more detailed also

Wrex.

01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Not sure whether it was Darvek or Frex you tackled, but I'll assume it was Darvek for this sake of trying to merge the posts to fit Sliguy's last post.

Darvek lay on the forest floor, Flaxis' blade held firmly to his neck. How could he have been so careless as to let his guard down? The explosions heard elsewhere had distracted him. They shouldn't have. He had the proper Slig Barrack training. But those explosions meant danger was approaching at great speed. His had officially outstayed his welcome in this place.

'Okay, scumbag, I want to know who you are, who you're working for, and what the hell you're doing here.' Flaxis spat out between clenched teeth.

Darvek smirked from beneath his cold, metal headgear. He eased the blade from his neck and stood up to face Flaxis.

'You move fast, Steef,' Darvek replied in a mixture of admiration and irritation to being floored, 'You and I are of a kind. My name is Darvek, as you've no doubt heard. I am essentially, a bounty hunter but there's no time for greetings now - if Vernon's ground troops find us here, death will be the price to pay. Th-'

But before Darvek could even finish, five or so Slig ambushers had made it to the campsite. This immediately struck Darvek as odd. These troops were not known to move in such little numbers. They hit hard and fast, in groups and attack waves. Not just one or two blindly stabbing around in the dark. Presumably, the explosion elsewhere in Lhakeem must have caught the interest of the rest. At the very least, this would work in their favour.

The Sligs came to a sudden halt, taking one look at the scar across Darvek's face and recognising him from the posters and briefings immediately.

'Freeze!'

Needless to say, they did not. Calvarr initiated the attack, immediately blowing a hole clean through the nearest Slig before revealing some form of powerful toxin he refered to as Treystone (by any chance a tribute to Matt Stone and Trey Parker? =P). They seemed to back off immediately, keeping their distance whilst Darvek and Flaxis readied their weapons.

'It's not safe here,' Darvek told Flaxis, 'We need to take shelter elsewhere for the night and fast. I'm not familiar with these parts, but perhaps you know of a place in the woods?'

Meanwhile, back in Norg...

The village lay in ruins, Sligs marching about in an orderly fashion, rounding up native folk. Mudokons, Gabbits, Grubbs, Steef... all bound by chains and being horded into small cells. An enourmous chain, attached to the top of these mobile prisons stretched far up into the labs, hovering overhead, used to hoist up the new slave workers for transportation. If anything, Norg now resembled more of a detention camp than a peaceful getaway.

In the center of what was left of Norg, a large dome-structure had been set up, supposedly as residence for the big-cheeses behind this operation. Inside, the deformed Vykker sat in conference alongside eight other Glukkon, three of whom had been included with the landing party.

'Now gentlemen,' the Vykker spoke with a hint of arrogance and self reitiousness, '[I]I believe there is of course some business to be taken care of. As you are well aware the resources in this--my slice of paradise here are more than suffecient for trade. The livestock is plenitful, the wood of superb quality and the inhabitants fit for labour. Now, I don't want to be a stick in the proverbial mud, but while I'm more than willing to let you fine gentlemen take what's needed off of th-my land... I can't just be giving all this away?'

'Get to the goddamn point, Vernon!' an irritated Glukkon interrupts, 'How much do you want for the slaves?'

'Labourers, gentlemen...'

'Whatever!' Another bursts out, 'Screw your slaves, I don't have time to waste here! Theres a meat packing plant with my name on it out there and I - need - meat!'

Vernon grinned a vile, near toothless smile before clearing his throat to speak once more, 'Now, now. I know you're all busy men so I'll cut to the chase. I've come up with a few figures I believe you'll find to be most... reasonable.

To this, Vernon receives a sheet of paper from a nearby Intern guard, which he lays flat on the conference table before sliding it over for the Glukkon's to consider. The Glukkon's almost immediately convulse, as if they had been hit in the face, being almost literally disgusted by the prices and figures layed before them.

'You gotta' be kidding me?!'
'Just what the hell are you tying to pull here?'
'I for one, 'aint payin' for THIS!'

'Well that's all very well then my dear friends, I'll simply take my business elsewhere.' Vernon replies, removing the slip of paper from them, 'Good luck finding quality goods like these in the middle of this industry crisis...'

Vernon stands up and turns his back to the conference, preparing to leave.

'Err... wait.' a Glukkon manages to force out. 'Perhaps we could reconsider.'

Vernon smirks and turns back round to face the crew, 'I thought you might see things my way. Sign here.'

He lays the paper on the table once more before leaving the room, back into the desolate wasteland of a village he had created. Gazing at the barren nothingness that lies before him, Vernon lets out a most satisfied sigh, obviously pleased with himself.

'Sir! Sir! Sir!' a small Slig darts out from the woodlands, coming to a halt before the Vykker. 'We found 'im sir!'

'Who?'

'Darvek!'

'Oh. OH! Darvek, of course. Where is he?'

'He... got away from us boss,' the Slig replies sheepishly, cringing as if expecting a beating. 'Frex made a runner, boss. The rest of us couldn't keep up with them!'

'THEM?' Vernon shrieks, clearly pissed.

'The natives he was with!'

'Get your ass back in there and tell the troops to double their search.' Vernon barks back, 'I have other business to attend to. I don't want to be disturbed unless you have news worth reporting this time.'

'Yessir!'

The Slig turns his back to the Vykker, preparing to march off into the woodlands, before a bony arm grabs his shoulder to stop him.

'And remember,' The Slig turns back to face Vernon, 'I want the bastard alive... so I can thank him, personally.'

OOC: Gasp. Plot development? I'll edit this post later with Vernon's character profile cause I'm really strapped for time right now... sorry if it seems rushed. Laters.
01-12-2006, 08:31 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

:
'THEM?' Vernon shrieks, clearly pissed.

'The natives he was with!'
OOC: Which natives do you mean?

01-13-2006, 01:23 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Calvarr has now in confusion. His eyes blazzed with pure rage and shock. He then clenched his fist together and took out a barbarian roar which seemed to endlessly echo throughout the forest. After that, he grasped for air as he slowly fell to the gound in agony, and went into a deep sleep. The others were speechless starring down at him. Was he dead? Perhaps had a Heart Attack. He was still breathing, well, barely breathing. Suddenly, Calvarr went into a dream that he would never forget.

He found himslef near a large city of ruins, surrounded by thousands of tall trees and colorful pants. The ruins were in a dark green color, and had pictures of which seemed to tell a story. Curiosity struck him, and he went closer into the ruins.

They were contested of many arches, tall towers, and wonderous statues of warriors, dukes, shamans, and so on. Suddenly, Calvarr, has seen a set of stairs going underneath the ruins. Calvarr didn't want to go down there, but another part of his mind told to. With no further paths, we went down the stairs. As we went down the stairs, he found plenty of crystals bound into the underground walls. Calvarr had never been this happy to see this before. In fact, he was never happy at all.

Once he got to the bottom of the stairs, many torches guided him through a stone hallway. It was small, but he was able to get through. As he walked, he could've sworn he was hearing whispers of certian chanting going on, and as he took each step they got a little bit louder. Once he stopped, they stopped as well. Then, Calvarr saw what was possibly one of the most beautiful things of his life.
01-13-2006, 03:16 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Um, Tom, I meant I tackled Frex, but I guess your way works Anyway, I'll work on it for now

Flaxis had jumped off of Darvek as soon as the other sligs had entered the camp. He watched in disbelief as Calvarr blew a hole in one of them and produced his poison from inside a fold in his cloak. But suddenly, he collapsed into a bundle.

Flaxis immediately took the advantage when the other sligs backed off and he readied his assault rifle from the slig on his back. Darvek spoke as he pulled back the bolt on his own weapon with a satisfying crack.

"It's not safe here. We need to take shelter elsewhere for the night and fast. I'm not familiar with these parts, but perhaps you know of a place in the woods?"

Flaxis nodded

"Hold that thought." He fired half a dozen rounds into the nearest attacker and it fell the ground with a wet plop. He then charged forward with an inhuman yell, using the back of the gun as a bat, and then drew his katana.

Seconds later, every one of the ambushing sligs was sprawled on the ground in death. Returning to Darvek's side after wiping off his weapons, he took a stick from the ground and drew a crude map. Squatting down, he started to speak.

"Ok, I have a cave, uh, here-" at this, he pointed at the map "-and we are about here-" he then pointed at another area on it. "Now, it's about a half-hours journey if we leave now, longer if we run into any obstacles." Looking over, Darvek was examining the foliage around them. Calvarr suddenly woke at this point.

"Huh, what happened? Is the fight over?"

Darvek nodded, answering Calvarr's question, and spoke to Flaxis

"Looks like we'll get some more trouble if we stay here any longer. Let's move. Flaxis, I'll take the six and you take the point. (OOC: The rear and the front for any peoples who don't know ) You should head home." At this, Darvek rounded on Calvarr.

"You might have demolished one slig, but trust me there are more. More than you can even imagine. And they'll all want you dead. There are even sligs that can rip apart a tree without trying. This steef-" He jerked his hand at Flaxis "-knows war. He knows this, has even fought one, and lived. I know, because I smell death around him. So do yourself a favor. Go home, and be safe." Darvek's speech ended, but Calvarr was firm.

"I'm staying with you. I don't care; I want to see the world. Besides, with you two, who will dare fight me?" Calvarr said. Admiration glinted in Darvek’s eyes for an instant, but then disappeared. Calvarr saw it, though.

"All right, uh, are you ready, to uh, go?" Flaxis asked.

Darvek and Calvarr nodded.

"Then uh, lets get moving!"

Wrex.

Last edited by mitsur; 01-13-2006 at 04:43 PM..
01-13-2006, 04:02 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: I'm a bit confused, but I hope this follows this the storyline.

Frex continued running faster and faster, struggling to breath the cold air. He ran left and right trying to lose the last sligs which were still following. One of the two sligs following him stopped and started shooting. A bullet sped past Frex's head. He jumped behind a tree and got out another grenade. 'What a waste', he thought to himself.

"Where are you traitor?" a slig yelled. He looked up and saw a small black object flying toward him. He jumped to avoid the explosion. The grenade blew next to a large tree. The tree's roots cracked and the tree came down with a large bang.

Frex started running again and hoped that the tree and smoke stopped the sligs. He heard some chatting up ahead and knew that it wasn't natives or the sligs. There were some gun shots and a roar.

Frex approached the are where he heard noises only to find it deserted. Whoever was there must've left in a hurry. He needed to find them, and find out what they were doing. Frex saw some tracks dissapearing in the woods and decided to follow them.

Last edited by oddveteran93; 01-14-2006 at 01:32 AM..
01-13-2006, 04:04 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

All three of them ran, dodging many bullets along the way. Suprisingly he took out yet another flask out of his bag. This time, it was a madly fizzing one that was a crystal clear color. He took out the cork of the flask and poured it onto the dirt ground. Once most of the sligs stepped in, they stuck to the substance and it looked impossible to get out of.

"Errra." Said Calvarr while hussling along. "Not really a poison, but pretty nice for crowd control."

Shockingly, he got shot in the arm and roared in pain. Yet he didn't slow down, but just kept moving. Blood had dripped down his arm, making it easy for the sligs to find them later. He covered it with his arm and tried to stop the blood flow.

"Someone here better be a medic!" He yelled.

Calvarr, while running, had thought a bit more about the dream. The ruins were awfully familiar. He couldn't point them out anywhere in his childhood, that is, if he ever had one. But surely he reconized the end of his dream. It was one of the most beautiful things he saw. It was a fountain, which was modeled out of the finest stone material on Oddworld. But it had soem kind of writting encarved on the bottom of it. Once he got a bit more closer, it had said a simple phrase.

'TEARS OF THE PAST'

That was when Calvarr woke up....
01-13-2006, 04:42 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Odd, try to read the posts before you. I clearly said that they where already on the way to Flaxis's cave.

Wrex.

01-13-2006, 06:29 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Yeah, sorry about that mix up Mitsur. My first instinct whilst reading it was that you were tackling Darvek, so I went with it, being somewhat strapped for time. Regardless, I'll add my next entry soon.
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Thats fine Tom, of course you'd think that when you had to move fast. You did manage to pump out a lot in such a short amount.

Wrex.

01-14-2006, 01:33 AM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: Ok, I've made some changes to my post. Is it fine now?

01-14-2006, 06:39 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Yeah, that works fine! Good job, I'll write in Frex next time I post, or else somebody else will.

Wrex.

01-15-2006, 11:31 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Is anyone going to post another part here? Because this RPG is dying.

Wrex.

01-15-2006, 02:48 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

OOC: Bah. I can barely think of anything for the next post. Perhaps I just need s'more time.