06-13-2005, 10:34 AM
duveaux
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2005
: The dark sewers...
: 490
duveaux  (10)
Dead Crystals of Evanor

I have been asking if I am allowed to make non-oddworld-RPG's here, but I didn't receive any reply... I am double illegal for not having a rpg-starter permission.... But the RPG permission thingy was to keep people from starting cliche RPG's or things like that. I want to post the RPG my board is all about to see how the story evolves here...

Anyways, I will see if you mods own my ass because you don't like this....

Here's the RPG on my forum if you want to see how it went there

More info on the game and extra stuff, can be found here

Here's the setup:

EVANOR
======
When you travel through the world of Evanor, you must describe your journey in at least one post. In this post you can describe no more than your voyage though half of the lands. That means that you cannot travel more than the half of Evanor in one post. This is to prevent players from traveling too fast or traveling with too little detail told.

>>>

Map of Evanor

>>>

Okay, This RPG is about the world of Evanor with the races:
  • Chaquan
  • Resgani
  • Aurora
>>>

RACES
======
There are three races living in Evanor.

We all know the Chaquan.

The Chaquan are just like humans, but they have more muscles.
In battle, the Chaquan´s advantage is their great stamina, making them difficult to kill.
In the capital of the Chaquan, called Davorix, the Cathedral is the most important place. Devoted to the religion of Evanor the Chaquan are the most powerful race living in the land.

The second race is the Resgani.

The Resgani have light grey skin , red eyes and fiery, orange hare. They are not very tall.
The Resgani are extremely agile and quite strong, but they have little stamina.
The first class of the Resgani is the Pupil, because they must learn all the basics of the spirits, which are the most important source for the Resgani.

There is one more race, called the Aurora.

The Chaquan thought they had murdered all the Aurora more than thousand years ago, but the opposite was true. In fact, the Aurora lived on with more than five-thousand survivors and the attack from the Chaquan had only killed five of them. They played dead just to fool the Chaquan.
The Aurora have a light-blue skin, pointy ears and hair variating from silk to silver. They are very tall and have very long legs.
Whenever they have to fight, which they do not prefer, they use sophisticated magic powers and their devotion to nature.
To defend their forest from beasts and other intruders, the rangers are scouting the edge of the forest, killing everything hostile that comes in sight.

! Note ! The Chaquan still think the Aurora are extinct, but the Resgani do know they are still alive. The Resgani never told the Chaquan about this, and they don't intend to.

>>>

Here's a list of classes you can be: //WILL BE UPDATED!//

CHAQUAN
=======

-------------------/ > Warrior > Knight
-Swordsman > Squire > Paladin
/
Adventurer:
\
- Acolyte > Monk > Priest

RESGANI
======

------/> Bandit > Rogue
-Thief > Mercenary > Assassin
/
Pupil:
\
- Apprentice > Devoted > Master

AURORA
======

--------/> Sage > Lunar Adept
- Mage > Sorcerer > Wizard
/
Ranger:
\
- Archer > Hunter > Sniper

If you want to change class, you have to go to the King if you are Chaquan, to the Spiritlord if you are Resgani and to the Great Sentinel if you are Aurora. Ask your leader permission to change class, and if he/she permits, you will have to do a quest to get your new class. If you have changed class, just ask KijnLeod+, Duveaux or Mardael to change it in the character profile, same goes if you have new equipment or anyting else.DON'T make a new character profile! Unless you want to be kicked =)

>>>>>

What a character discription must look like:

Name // Your character's name, please don't add Titles like "the Great" or anything.

Main hand: // The weapon or item your char is holding in his-her main hand.
Off hand: // The weapon or item your char is holding in his-her off hand.
Head: // The item your char wears on his/her head.
Neck: // The item your char has on his/her neck.
Shoulders: // The item your char has on his/her shoulders.
Chest: // The item your char has on his/her chest, like an armor.
Hands: // The item your char wears on his/her hands, like gloves or gauntlets.
Legs: // The item your char wears on his/her legs, like trousers or pants.
Feet: // The item your char has on his/her feet, like boots.
Acc. 1: // Your character's first accessory.
Acc. 2: // Your character's second accessory.

Race: // decide weather your character is Chaquan, Resgani or Aurora.
Class: //What class you are in, this will be Adventurer for Chaquan, Pupil for Resgani, or Ranger for Aurora players. Only Admins (Duveaux, KijnLeod+ or Mardael) are allowed to change this.

History, looks and personality of the character, relatives, etc.

Take an example of the characters that have been already made!

>>>

You'll always start as the basic character of a race. Adventurer, Pupil or Ranger as described above. Your character can promote by gaining expierience and by doing brave deeds note: there is no such thing as Experience points. changing classes will be determined by your faction's Admin (see below for details).
  • Ranger (Aurora): Ranging
  • Adventurer (Chagan): Discovering land for your race
  • Pupil (Resgani): Common experience
>>>

HOW MUCH CHARACTERS CAN YOU OWN?

You can own up to 5 characters, but if you want to create a whole village you can also use your villagers in your posts, but villagers have no name or character. If you want to create a village it must look like this:

Name: // Village name

Inhabitants: // Define the rae of the inhabitants. (Chaquan/Resgani/Aurora/Monsters)

Characteristics: // How big is your village, what kind of facilities are there, remember, it is in a fantasy setting, so high/tech features are impossible.

History: // How long has it been there, who founded it?

Important:
Village's Crystal: // If it's a big village / town they will have a crystal. The crystal stands for economy war or anything like that. Describe the colour the crystal has, the size. [If crystal is destroyed, the village will be doomed]

>>>

Here's the story:

RPG story
-----------

More than five-thousand years ago the civilisation called "Chaqua" conquered more than five lands within three years. Headed by Carvaton, the king of the Chaquan, the disciplined army slayed all five opponents and called their new territories "The Chaquan Empire".
Four-thousand years of power and flourishing economy followed untill The Chaquan Empire began to sink, every day the empire was one meter lower than the day before, and the next day another meter. The Chaquan build dykes to repell the water, but soon the land had drown. Headed by the twin emperor, Mincholl and Davorix, the people traveled away from their once beautiful land.

After more than one year traveling through deserts, mountains and glaciers and more then two-thousand deaths the Chaquan found a land that suited their lifestyle. The land of Evanor.

To build a new empire, the twin emperor decided that Mincholl would build new cities, and Davorix would discover the land with his army.

First, Darovix travelled to the great forest in the north. When he arrived in Evanor through this forest, he thought he had seen a humanoid shape on top of the trees several times. He thought that it might be another civilisation, and he was eager to meet them.
But when he set one step in the woods, a silver arrow hit him directly between the eyes. Davorix did not shout, nor did he feel pain. He was instantly dead. His men did not know what to do. With anger and fear controlling their minds, they ran into the forest and they saw a group humanoides with blue skins, pointy ears and long hair variating from silk to silver-colored hair. They were called the Aurora. Davorix' army began to slay these creatueres and won. The first new civilisation the Chaquan had met, didn't exist any more.

Meanwhile, Mincholl had built a new city, and when he heard of the death of his brother, he decided to call the city Davorix. Mincholl started a new economy, an even better one than the one in the previous Chaquan Empire, thanks to all the people that wanted to help. Mincholl made himself king of Evanor and the future had never looked better fo the people of the Chaquan race.

One millenium of great economy passed and the new Chaquan king who had been crowned was called Carvaton. But a new problem was had arrived. The Aurora weren't the only race living in Evanor before the Chaquan arrived. For a thousand years the Resgani worked on a plan to attack the city of Davorix. And it happened. At night, five elite assassins sneaked into the city and when the sun was rising, the vast army of the Resgani attacked Davorix from the outside, and the five assassins from the inside. Within the time the Resgani army had reached them, the assassins had assassinated more than five-hundred civilians, and fifty soldiers. While the Chaquan were surprised and they did not know the Resgani, they formed a well-organised army and fought their attackers.
The Resgani had to retreat to the mountains. But they were not yet beaten, and they attacked the desert on the other side of Evanor. When the Resgani conquered the desert, they could attack Davorix from the west and from the east. But the Chaquan were faster. The Chaquan attacked the mountans, the home of the Resgani. They didn't win, but the Resgani did lose. The Resgani were forced to surrender, for the first time in their history, and the Chagan left them alone. However, the Resani refused to give back the desert, they liked it and they had build a small city called Mulon in the desert. The Chaquan agreed with the deal the Resgani would get the desert, and they would never attack the Chagan again. The Resgani where the largest thread the Chagan had ever known.

Now seventy years have passed, and the Resgani and Chaquan decided to each make five crystals, One for justice, one for respect, one for freedom, one for peace and one for wealth. If one of them would brake, that part of the society would fall apart. The Aurora did this to. The Aurora never died, but the Chaquan thought they did. The Resgani knew of the existence of the Aurora but they were afraid that if they did tell the Chaquan, the Aurora would not like it. The Aurora also lade five magic cristals, with the same task. With each five magic crystals and peace between the Resgani and the Chaquan, Evanor was ready to move on to new adventures.

06-13-2005, 11:34 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

*Sigh* Give me a break plz, I'm on vacation... In Canada, i don't have time to reply to all the messeges i get. I wanted to wait till i had more time, like today. It's raining here, so i have time today...

Now, this RPG isn't related to Oddworld in any way, only that it's a fantasy world. But that doesn't make it Oddworld. This section is called "Oddworld RPG", in this section, you put Oddworld-related RPGs... Non-oddworld related RPGs go in "Non-Oddworld Art & Literature", I'm not a mod there, so you can post your RPG there. I just mod the Oddworld RPG section...

This thread is closed.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============