ReptilGTs
Zappfly

: Nov 2012
: Germany
: 6
ReptilGTs  (59)
Minecraft Abe's Exoddus

Hi guys,
here's a quick Update Video about the progress in my project.

12-10-2012, 04:22 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Oh wow that's really cool Good job with the text

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

12-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

Neat. Can't wait to see more!

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

12-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

That's actually pretty well done. It compares pretty decently to the Minecraft Abe's Oddysee opening already posted. Not bad at all. Keep it up.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Xeotroid
Zappfly

: Sep 2012
: Prague
: 10
Xeotroid  (10)

Wow, that's amazing! I can't wait for more.
Just one hint: Use Camera Studio, so you can make track of your movement and rotation, so it looks much better.
05-31-2013, 06:48 AM
ReptilGTs
Zappfly

ReptilGTs  (59)

The complete intro is almost done after 7 months ^^

Real movie sets can be viewed on my minecraft server.

stay tuned

06-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Fred The Fuzzle
Boombat

: Aug 2008
: Australia
: 246
Fred The Fuzzle  (218)Fred The Fuzzle  (218)Fred The Fuzzle  (218)

Extraordinary! I particularly liked the scrolling intro, you've captured both the atmosphere of Minecraft & Oddworld well.

Only critique is the slightly twitchy camera work, I'd consider using the F8 smooth option, or get a dedicated camera mod.

Keep it up!

[Edit] Just realised how old this thread is. Can't wait to see the video.
06-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Hulaabeo
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2007
: Ontario, Canada.
: 997
Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)

Pretty bloody decent I must say.

... Also, mind uploading the texture pack for that Mudokon moon? I'll love you forever.

06-11-2013, 11:55 PM
LawgSkrak
Chippunk

: Jan 2005
: Kenora, Ontario, Canada
: 25
LawgSkrak  (10)

That's awesome. Can't wait to see some more.
06-16-2013, 06:41 AM
ReptilGTs
Zappfly

ReptilGTs  (59)

The Intro is finished and will be uploaded now.

Tell me what you think about this project,hope you enjoy it

EDIT :

The texturepack will be available on my new website --> LINK HERE <--
It's called Predator Pack. (including the mudokun skin , sligs and the moon)

Last edited by ReptilGTs; 06-17-2013 at 02:43 AM..
06-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Whatever else I may feel is overpowered by the fact that you misspelt 'Mudokon' in the credits.

On the whole it was good, though it would've been nice to see greater attention to detail; Bigface was missing his mask and the hall looked very empty in the wide shot; surely there would have been better ways of angling that. Plus animals were missing there (creepers for scrabs and sheep or spiders for paramites, trapped in place with invisible fences and kept facing forwards by luring them towards specific players?) and Bigface's punch didn't actually touch Abe.
Blind mudokons have greyish skins, not green, the moon was upside down, abe had five friends; not three. People did a lot of random punching for no reason and the weirdo scene was pretty poor.

Sorry, I guess for me the bad stands out more than the good, 'cus it was good. A lot of work clearly went into it, which is impressive. But it was a good attempt. I liked the way you did the bubbles in the text at the start (where you spelt 'mudokon' correctly) - a nice detail. Things matched up to the sound well and I loved the way the mudokon flopped over in the desert. It's a shame you didn't show such attention to detail throughout! And it was a good effort with the cart track that was one of the most difficult things to carry across, I think.

It'd have been nice to see them climbing up the outside of Necrum Mines (invisible ladders and custom texture blocks to put the words on them?)

All in all it was good, but closer attention to detail would have made it great. Nice work though.

06-16-2013, 02:32 PM
ReptilGTs
Zappfly

ReptilGTs  (59)

Hey,
thank you for the criticism you're absolutely right , but the difficulty was to make this project all alone.
The other problem was to instruct the actors who have no idea of ​​oddworld.^^
I think I failed with the mudokon's,because in german they are called "mudokun's" a stupid translation mistake.
All in all it would have taken too much time to go into details,which I have not.

06-16-2013, 07:17 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

I would agree with Splat but I dunno if it's fair or not to pick it apart, so I'll just say:

It was okay considering MCs limitations and that you did it alone. Have some rep for effort.

E: Also you can embed videos here, or link to them, rather than telling people to go through your site via a signature link.

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 06-16-2013 at 07:20 PM..
06-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

There was a lot of this that I actually really like, but a lot of the stuff Splat said is true. Though, I will say the furnace minecart thing is something I haven't seen before, and that was rather neat. The set design was, in my opinion, not terribly impressive for the most part, but I can see that you definitely tried very hard with it. All in all, I'd say you've done very well as a solo project, but there's definitely some room where it could be improved in pretty big ways.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

06-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

While Minecraft is certainly limiting to work with in terms of effects and movement, I do agree that there was a certain lack of detail. Like Splat said, you obviously put a lot of work into it and that's good, so don't take this as an attack but rather some criticism for your next video. Going to dissect the video bit by bit mentioning the good and the bad:

- The text intro was great and the bubbles was a touch of detail I would have liked to see throughout the entire video.

- The jungle looked very nice and the camerawork was nice and smooth. The mudokon moon is upside down though...

- The mine and train track would have been a bitch to build with much detail due to the weird scaling of Minecraft blocks. Trying to add more detail here would have made the mudokons appear way too tiny. However you could have added a few small minor details like stone fences or barriers between the tracks to give the 'stage' some more depth and a more industrial look.

- With the Monsiac Lines build you could have gone all out and made it HUGE. Instead we got to look at a large sandstone dome with a very obvious empty wall behind the crowd. Having a dark depth behind the crowd would have made the scene a lot better IMO.
You did a nice job of syncing up the arm waving speech with the big face and Abe though.

- The weirdo scene was... weird. They were just running around randomly. A lot of this hard instructions to your actors could have been avoided by just showing them the original clip of what you were recording so they understand the context of the scene.

- The desert scene was awesome. It synced up perfectly and the mud falling in the hole was a very nice touch. Only bad part was the dialog. You have one person talking by waving their arm which is the only way to convey who is talking with multiple people on screen, so good job on that. But that entire concept is killed if multiple people are waving at the same time. By the end of the scene all three muds were waving at the same time even though only one was talking. Again, showing your actors the scene would have saved you the trouble and made this scene better.

- The moving train was a seriously hard issue to do in Minecraft so the way you solved that was pretty smart. Well done. The little details here like the floating sand blocks to represent the shaking rocks was a nice touch as well.

- Finally I feel the Necrum build could have been a lot larger and more detailed instead of the sandstone structure we got to see. I think it was missing darker colors to offset it from the desert landscape above all.

Overall you did a good job though. Thing is you had some intense 'competition' from one of our forum regulars who did the Abe's Oddysee intro in Minecraft (which some of us also helped with) so we're a hard crowd to please I suppose . Great job and try to use our criticism instead of letting it get you down .

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-18-2013, 03:35 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

+Rep

Very nice work. Agreeing with what people said though, it could need improving. My biggest issue was the actors swinging their arms.

The opening scene with the bubbles was very clever and the Mudokons walking across the desert were nicely synced. You did a great job indeed

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025