Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Welcome to the New Oddworld Forums!

If you are reading this, you have obviously found your way to the new Oddworld Forums. I'm sure most of you will be happy with the changes, but feel free to post any questions here.

The good news is that you have not lost your post counts. All your old posts are here, so it's like we are just continuing on from the UBB forum.

Some people will be happy to find that HTML is now allowed in signatures (abuse it and we will remove it though, as size restrictions still apply). You can also use your own Personal Photo (avatar), as well as choose from our usual list. Seeing the photos were a UBB hack, you will have to add this one anyway.

Other cool features include who's online, a notificiation when you get a new private message, polls, uploading of files, ability to use colors in posts and more.

On the negatives, the import used the login name for the user. so if you want your user name changed to what your displayed name was, just email me and I can fix it for you.

You'll also need to re-add your signatures.

I think that's all. This post will stay at the top of this forum so that all can view it!

Oh yeah, we haven't implimented some of the features yet, and some things do need fixing up ... but it shouldn't be long before this is done.

Happy Posting!

Abe Babe and Sydney
Administrators
02-10-2002, 03:56 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Yipee! The new forums, much better.

Cant wait to see my user CP, thankyou Abe Babe and Sydney for purcasing the new forums and Pilot for hosting them, im sure we shall all treasure them like we did with the UBB.

Yes there are alot more features and i like the whos online tab, as well as within the individual forums.

May more valuable members join, i've also noticed that a new domain name has been set: http://www.oddworldforums.net, im amazed that you have spent so much on getting all of this stuff for us. I would like to give something back, but i don't know what...

But its great to see that things have gone smoothly, i wish all the well.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

02-10-2002, 04:25 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Wow! This new forum looks great, but it'll still take a bit of getting used to. Whats more is that I'm one of the first out of all your guys *points to the rest of the forum members* to post in the new forum! (Note the "one", there) Wow, check out these new features! Cool! Anyway, I've revamped my sig to one that I have on the forum I mentioned earlier. (Esper Online) Hopefully it's allowed. If you still have the one image limit, then I suppose mine is technically illigal, but I replaced my link to my site with an animated button which is approx 20kb, so it shouldn't make any difference. If you still have a problem with it being there, please say so.
Thanks again for everything, Justin, Kristen and Sydney! These forums look great. Keep up the good work!
- DH

EDIT: My sig ain't working! That's not suppost to happen. . .
Alcar told me over MSN that VBB doesn't accept pictures from MSN. Is there any way to fix this? Anyway, Alcar is currently helping me with my signiture. . . As for my marquee, I think I should make it smaller when I find out how. Whats with the big space above and below it anyway?
Sorry about the double post earlier as well. I thought the edit button was it the top right corner of the post, not the bottom, so I tried to edit the wrong post.

EDIT: Perfect! I'm all fixed up! Thanks for your help, Alcar.

Last edited by DarkHoodness; 02-09-2002 at 09:41 PM..
02-10-2002, 04:50 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

That's quite an eye-sore of a signature you have going there, especially with the scrolling marquee. If you look at the bottom right-hand corner of your post there should be a little button that looks like this:
02-10-2002, 04:55 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)
JEBUS CRIPES!

IM SCARED THIS IS TOO ADVANCED FOR ME...YIKES THERE IS EVEN A HELP THINGY.
Good work dudes except for three itsy bitsy probs

1. at the top it says oddworldian, no more oddworldian so put oddbodd
2. the topic icons seems to be squashed
3. at the reply thingy when you put your curser over the post icons it says something completely different.e.g when you put your curser overthe question mark it says "cool"

02-10-2002, 05:08 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

Oddbodd, we decided to leave the link to Oddworldian there as an artifact of what once was. I guess I'm just too egotistical to allow it to be lost in the sands of time.

My signature and avatar better be working now, or I'll be furious.

02-10-2002, 05:34 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)
this is pissing my ass off

the option where you select your time zone i keep selecting mine but it goes back to the default.... its pissing me off and why the hell cant i have my avatar dammit! :fuzzlemad

02-10-2002, 05:35 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

So many new Options i don't know were to start, Syd and abe babe these r some great changes here at the forums, just gonna take a while to get used to.

Well done Abe-babe and Syd
02-10-2002, 05:53 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)
My banner

Alcar if u read this plz go to oddchat plz!! i neeed u to help me with my banner!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Surfacing; 02-09-2002 at 10:01 PM..
02-10-2002, 05:59 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)
i seem to be showering down negativity today

feck now my signature pic doesn't work i cant use MSN or GEOCITIES.... does anybody know any uploading thingies that work on this damn good board?

HOW DO I GET MY AVATAR TO WORK :fuzzlesad

02-10-2002, 06:04 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Even though this is off the subject, all images, banners etc hosted on MSN, will not show. I think it is a default setting for the vbulliten, images that need uploading everytime you download it will not load, this has happened to me at other vbulliten forums.

Yes this means that my banners are all down, i will try and find a solution. When i do i will post all of the new addresses in my banner topic, im sorry for the inconvience but i will try and find a solution.

Alcar...:fuzzlebli
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

02-10-2002, 06:07 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

Surfacing  (10)

Ok thanxs.
02-10-2002, 06:13 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

ok this is a waste of post but im just checking things out

IGNORE THIS ATTACHMENT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oddbanner3.gif
Views:	5321
Size:	42.3 
ID:	1  

Last edited by ODDBODD; 02-09-2002 at 10:16 PM..
02-10-2002, 06:14 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

There seems to be a problem with MSN urls simply because they contain rather strange characters such as ? and things like that. There is an option to allow them, but I don't know if it will work or not.

The second reason is that there is a feature that allows us to wrap lines when they reach a number of characters (useful for annoying people who do thing like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for ages). But because the MSN URLs are so long, it wraps those too. I've increased the number from 50 to 100 characters before it wraps.

I did try to test Surfacing's URL, but it's not even correct what he's using as the page can't be displayed.

For your avatar, we don't have the list up yet, as there seems to be a problem with it. But you can browse to your own. It must be in the size limits or it won't work though.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

02-10-2002, 07:56 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)
Groovy!

I love all the new features! Some bits look a bit weird, but that's just becuase they're new; I'll get used to them.

One prob is that my name has gone back to being 'Twisted Firestarter'. Is there any way to change it back to 'One, Two, Middlesboogie'?
EDIT: That was quick! Thanks Kristen (I presume it was you?)!

As Oddbodd said, the posticons appear to be squashed when making a post.
A few more gripes... the smilies are no longer called 'Oddicons', and all the Fuzzle ones have gone!
And on the main page, the Moderators column makes the table look a bit cluttered.
When I'm writing a post, there's no cool window which let me view all the previous posts when typing it.
EDITS: Three more things; are the Odd user titles coming back?
The purple buttons are cool, but they don't fit with the rest of the board.
Is the 'hot topic' icon really neccessary? There's already a column showing how many posts a thread has.

I'm sorry if I'm coming over as picky or ungrateful; that's certainly not the intention. I'm very pleased with the move; I'm just saying that a few things could be tweaked to make it even better.

Last edited by One, Two, Middlesboogie; 02-10-2002 at 12:26 AM..
02-10-2002, 08:11 AM
Fazerina
Super Stingbee

: Dec 2001
: Turku, Finland
: 492
Fazerina  (22)

I thought the old forums were just so cool that I'm not so happy about the move. At least it will take some time to get used to this one...
Just came here so I haven't really checked it out yet.. I'm sure I'll like this one also..

There are still all the same oddicons but you have to click on "get more"..
02-10-2002, 08:48 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

Middlesboogie, I changed your name if you haven't already noticed. The import from UBB kept the login names rather than the displayed names, so if anyone else wants a change, just ask me. vB doesn't use display names at all.

As for all the "little" things... please bear with us. It was a choice of putting the forums back up not long after the change over, or leaving them down for longer and fixing everything.

We are reviewing the User Titles to include more levels since the additon of new levels for MO. That will probably be tomorrow. Sydney is going to see what he can do about the buttons, to make them look more in place with the rest of the forum.

I did fix the "squashed" post icons however. I have also found out how to remove the moderators column, as we don't really want that on the front page either... but it's tricky so I'll probably leave that one until a few days time (maybe sooner, depending).

The more I delve into this program, I find out about more things that can be customized and changed!

Oh, and just a warning, we do have problems with the mail features currently... therefore they won't work at the moment.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

02-10-2002, 09:31 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

So many options... I'm scared... I don't think I'll use any of them yet, until I get used to it...

This new board is so sexy! It seems a bit cluttered, but I'm sure I'll get used to it...

EDIT: Hey, my thingy doesn't say that I'm a Moderator now!
Does that mean I can no longer use my Supermod powers?

Sorted now.

EDIT 2: I Had a couple of things to ask. Now I have three:

1. Is it possible to show the last topic that was replied to in each forum on the main page?

2. I know the full envelope things mean that there are new messages, but what do they mean when they have a black dot on them?

Sorted now.

3. When you click "edt", it takes you back to an edit screen with the original message, without showing previous edits. Can this be changed?

Sorted now.

Sorry for complaining. Never satisfied, am I?

Thanks Guys!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

Last edited by Danny; 02-10-2002 at 01:59 AM..
02-10-2002, 09:44 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)
PHEW

i was starting to think this avatar wouldn't work but i made my own.. Another thing, it says above/below my name SENIOR MEMBER...well for some people they are older than senior they are ancient so i was wondering for the people who was in the ezboard to have a different status...for example
ANCIENT MEMBER or VETERAN.

Good job in fixing the squashed posticons but where did the thing at the bottom go, the place where you see the previous posts.. it was here 2 hours ago.

soory for the bitching and nagging

Last edited by ODDBODD; 02-10-2002 at 01:51 AM..
02-10-2002, 09:52 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by Rettick
2. I know the full envelope things mean that there are new messages, but what do they mean when they have a black dot on them?
The dot on the envelope means you've contributed to the topic.

02-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

4. Why won't it let me into the Employee Lounge?

EDIT: This isn't really to do with the new boards, but how does one change ones Displayed Name? I just want to be Danny, instead of Rettick...

Last edited by Danny; 02-10-2002 at 02:07 AM..
02-10-2002, 10:14 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by Rettick
4. Why won't it let me into the Employee Lounge?

EDIT: This isn't really to do with the new boards, but how does one change ones Displayed Name? I just want to be Danny, instead of Rettick...
Seeing we are fixing people's displayed names, I can do that for you... I'll also check your Employee Lounge access.

Abe Babe...

02-10-2002, 10:31 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)
question

can anybody see my signature picture down below.... i can see it but i dont think other people can

02-10-2002, 10:44 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Yes, I can see it, Nals.

The Admins have sorted out all of my problems and I've only been here about an hour! We truly have some helpful people in charge here... If I'd been an Admin, and some picky f*ckwit like me had come along and started complaining, I'd have gone "Oh god, I'll do it tomorrow..."

02-10-2002, 11:13 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)
Testing, one, two, middles...um...three!

Hello!

*posts then comes back to see what to change*

Looks pretty!

Edit:
Can you change my name to "Gluk Schmuck" please!

Edit2:
Thank you!
*has fun with the colours*

Last edited by Gluk Schmuck; 02-10-2002 at 03:53 AM..
02-10-2002, 11:26 AM
MudokonOddball
Sniper Wasp

: I forgot
: 285
MudokonOddball  (10)
Swee-e-eeet!!!

Ooh-h-oh-oh, this is so friggin wicked-awesome!!! I'm lovin' it!

How many Oddicons do we HAVE?!

I DON'T CARE! THis is just TOO COOL!

Wait, now I have to go find my sig pic...

*checks in another window*

Nope, still there!! Great job, guys, this is really wonderful! I love the semi/new look! Keep it Up!

02-10-2002, 11:31 AM
MudokonOddball
Sniper Wasp

: I forgot
: 285
MudokonOddball  (10)
Ruh-Roh!

Two things:

1: I CAN'T EDIT MY POST! (no hurry to change that, though)
2: I'm a senior! Cool!

02-10-2002, 11:44 AM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

Oh wow, this'll take some getting used to... I like it, though! There's so much more you can do with this than the older one, it really adds a lot. Ooohhh aahhhh... ok, I'll stop now. Anyhow, I like!

02-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)
Re: Ruh-Roh!

:
Originally posted by MudokonOddball
1: I CAN'T EDIT MY POST! (no hurry to change that, though)
Bottom right-hand corner.

02-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
AAHHH

This will take some getting used to....

I can't find where I put my banner! *Sob* I looked through all of my MSN site and I can't find it! I dound my old one...(the one with Spider and Malice)..but not my new one! *sigh* I was thinking of making a new one anyway....
That's the only gripe I have right now...though its a personal one...sorry for rambling...
Hey Alcar...how do you put an MSN hosted banner in your sig?

Edit: um...never mind...it came with me...or did someone put it up there for me?

Edit2: Ok...sorry...I spotted a different gripe...I don't like having where I am from showing under my PP...yes so I am paranoid! You all know that by now! :P

Edit3: something else (bet your are hating me by now...) the 'Mark forum as read' thing doesn't seem to be working, it goes through the motions when you click it but its not changing the icons to the 'read' icons....

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

Last edited by Sl'askia; 02-10-2002 at 04:11 AM..