Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

05-12-2003, 12:53 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Wired OW4's Main character and A new theory!

Lorne Lanning told us that Squeek was his most important character in the quintology. Even more so important than Abe. Infact I think he created Squeek before Abe. Now when OW4 comes out we are going to be introduced to something new that the staff at OWI are really excited about evident in the Inhabitants interviews.

I also noticed in the latest inhabitants interview that the favourite Oddworld character is in OW4 aswell (and this is the hint that I am going by) in the next few games too. What does that mean? Well simply we will see this character in more games than just OW4.

Now here is the kicker, could it be possiable that this character is no other than Squeek? If Squeek what ever he is, is that important why not? It makes sense because this next character will be in more than one game as it sounds in the inhabitants interviews. And a character that is really important like how Squeek would be, would have a real complex delema and a destany that could just stretch through several games along with other heroes with Abe and Munch. Sort of like an over lapping of Oddessys. If thats the case could there be more than just five main heroes of the quintology. Five main heroes does not sound to be real in depth and complex with the odd. Its sounds to be just too plan to me if you think about it.

I think it definatly goes much deeper than just five main characters. There is probabaly a whole bunch of them some really important like Abe and Munch. Some really really important like Squeek and maybe others, and then there can be some that are less important than anything but contribute to the over all picture of Oddworld. It puts a whole new light on the quintology doesn't it? There could be ten heroes for five main games. Where there are bonus games and mini Oddessys that prompt us for the main Oddessy of that character that will go into another bonus game thus resulting in an overlapping of games and destanys and adventures. I don't know its very interesting I have to say and its just my theory and its only a theory.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-12-2003 at 05:00 AM..
05-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

hmmm, well you obviously haven't been outside for a while, but still, if OWI was basing their next game around a creature named squeek (most likely a low lifeform) i wouldn't be too happy, neither would alot more ppl im sure. let's just hope squeek ( if he truly is the next character) gives us what we want...besides when did lorne say those things

ps: sorry if this post sounds negative, it just doesn't tickle my good bell

05-14-2003, 02:25 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I don't remember but I do remember him saying that Squeek was his first creation before Abe.

05-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

well... uhm, yeah but I think you allready know what I think about those kinds of theories

05-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

I, personally think we should get Lorne Lanning to come and see this cause it's a good idea that they might like to use.
I, also think that one game will involve a currant character, like Alf's oddysee or Bigface's Oddysee.

05-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

alf's oddysee...i posted a poll about that, but ive been thinkin bout wat xav said, wat would it be about and bigface is a mud of the past, it would kinda stupid to give him his own game

05-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

As far as we know you cannot directly contact Lorne. We do however know his email address, but it would be pointless emailing him as I doubt he reads fan letters often. He's a very busy man!

Alf are the fan's contact dude, I think he reports back to Lorne every now and then.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-15-2003, 03:02 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

If not e-mail, how about regular mail? The only way we can contact Lorne is if we send a written or typed business letter signed by us the fans. And I mean a professional business letter streight to him personally. Its possiable I mean he has to get personal mail every day when he goes into work every morning. And if its a business letter he will personally look at it. But it has to be professional looking. but it has to be addressed to him personally if you want him to read it. We can have a vote on the very person on the forums that could possably type this letter. And then post it to get approved by all of us so we know what to talk about in the letter if we need to make adjustments.

It might actually work. The only thing we have to do is figure out what the address of OWI is. The only people I can think that might know are Abe Babe. she might know what the address is since shes been there. Unless it is listed in a California phone book in the business pages. Otherwise anybody on the forums liveing near San Luis Obispo check their Phone book find the address of OWI.

I am telling you that there are many other ways to contacting Lorne other than the computer. The old fashioned way seems to work just as best.

One of us would have to send the letter first class streight to his office.

05-17-2003, 03:09 AM
KintoKid
Stingbee

: Oct 2002
: Ca
: 85
KintoKid  (19)

If you guys want to write them a letter, I got their street address:

869 Monterey St.
San Luis Obispo

(sorry but I don't know the zip code)

I don't know if they have a mailbox out front though, cause they might have a P.O. box.

05-17-2003, 03:23 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Zip codes can be easy to find. We just need a map of CA with Zip codes listed on it or a phone directory. And I am sure theres lots of stuff on the internet that lists zip codes for every state in the U.S. There has to be. But I think CA zip codes have a 90... something in them

05-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

why would you guys bother writing them a letter....it's not like it's gonna get to lorne himself....it's practically the same as sendin it ta alf....but hey it's worth a try if it does make it to him, consider your self lucky....but it better be a letter worth his time cuz like you said...hes a very busy man...in fact i might even write a letter

Last edited by Sekto Springs; 05-18-2003 at 03:00 AM..