05-01-2003, 12:47 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Wired May Updates (Exciting)!

Well I can feel it now we are on the verge of something huge with Oddworld. I can feel it mann this has to be getting close very close to the end of the long wait. Soon my friends very soon we are going to get some interesting facts I bet! And here it is. Oh and congrats to you Alcar for making Fan of the month!

www.oddworld.com

May 2003
Since so many are starving for the "beef" on our new game, we've asked the Raisin to give us "the juice". We squeezed him until he let out a little whine. Yeah, he's weak underneath all them ratz and ... stuff. Head to the Raisin's Rant page and see what wisdom this extremely large and informative fruit-like character has to share!

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-30-2003 at 04:56 PM..
05-01-2003, 05:39 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Re: May Updates (Exciting)!

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
Oh and congrats to you Alcar for making Fan of the month!
Thankies!

About that Raisin's Rant page, I'd like to take that apart as I see it.

Fanaticants of the inhabitants!
Discovery is on its way!
The reservation of revelations
Has begun to tear and fray.

Channel all you can all
The clues that you can find
You missed the first holiday verse
That toyed with your mind.

An entire spectrum, wrecked, dumb,
And with more danger
Than any scene you've seen!

Watch how it gets stranger...

Days slip through the calender colander-
What will come of E3?
Clue number two is past due, too
You forgot about G... D...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Line 1: Fans of Oddworld
Line 2: More OW4 information is on its way
Line 3: This information keep secret from fans
Line 4: This information has begun to come known

Line 5: Think hard about the clues
Line 6: The clues that you can find
Line 7: A clue was in the first holiday card verse
Line 8: That made us think real hard and confused us

Line 9: The new world is wrecked and dumb
Line 10: It's got more enemies and harder areas
Line 11: Than any other place we've seen before

Line 12: We can influence how it works

Line 13: It works in days, and we will find out information in days to come
Line 14: Will we find anything at E3 about OW4
Line 15: A second clue is due by now
Line 16: I haven't a clue, however the initials GD could be General Dripik, however he's dead. Or it could be a clue to something else.

Looking at the first verse of the holiday card we get this:

Fuzzles roasting on an open fire,
Interns beatin’ on your back,
Chants being chanted by a one-mudokon choir,
And Khanzumers hungry for a snack.

I didn't actually notice it until now, but it says Khanzumer! Maybe we'll be able to see Khanzumer in the next game?

I really am excited now!

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-01-2003, 06:03 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

GD???
that's the common abreviation of the "General Discution" the forum about oddworld

anyway thanx for claring up Alcar, I didn't understood it all by myself and big congrats to be the FOM, you deserved it

and about that Khanzumer thingy I suppose it's because we all have the habbit to use it, and it didn't surprise us as much as it was intented to be

05-01-2003, 06:31 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Apr 2001
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

Congrats Alcar!

G.. D..

Wasn't Lorne at Game Developers Conference 2003?

Last edited by Oddipus; 04-30-2003 at 10:56 PM..
05-01-2003, 06:45 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

sure Oddipus!
the Game Devloppers
here is the site: http://www.gamanetwork.com/
but I can't find anything about oddworld on it for this 2003

05-01-2003, 06:57 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

Oddipus  (38)

http://www.gdconf.com/

I'm checking this site right now.

05-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

intresting, I'm also on it but also check
http://www.gamasutra.com/

05-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

One thing I also picked up at once which I didn't mention was the occurence of those capital letters in the begginning og some words where they were blatently made larger.

Whether or not it's just the font, or it was used to create a cool effect (which it does) I don't know.

However, I was thinking maybe those letters spelt something if we were to rearrange them. I know I'm probably wrong, but there's no harm in trying

However it is probably more pressing to find out what G... D... means.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-01-2003, 08:18 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

still trying to find Alcar... but Ialso noted the capital letters thingy... strange but I can't find the meaning of it (the is only I as vowel, can't make a word with that)

05-01-2003, 10:27 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Hmm that is rather interesting Alcar. I wounder though if those letters are actually the first letters in the next hero or main character's name in OW4? This is going to just awesome when we do find out what all of this means. It is indeed exciting!

05-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Yeah, I've been searching for clues in this poem left and right. The thing that Alcar said about the Capital letters was were I started but it didn't lead to much results except for that their 3 capitalized letters in the first paragraph, 2 in the next, and 1 in the last? Whether or not this has to do with anything I don't know but Im still working on it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

05-02-2003, 02:52 AM
tybie_odd
Fuzzle

: Aug 2001
: Riverside, California, USA
: 144
tybie_odd  (10)

Are we sure that G. and D. are the only letters hinted at? Could there be a possibility that Z is also part of the riddle (G...D...Z-zzz)? Or maybe that the Raisin fell alseep before delivering the final letter/letters? Still, I think Oddipus has a good idea--since E3 was already mentioned in the same verse, it's fitting that G.D. would stand for Game Developers.

Also, notice that the word "Spectrum" is capitalized. I'm not sure what this verse means, but it sounds like some aspect of the previous games is going to be broadened unimaginably. I wonder what it is?

About the Holiday card, clue #1-- I think Alcar is right; we should've paid more attention to the word Khanzumers.

Here's my take, verse for verse:

Fuzzles roasting on an open fire
Maybe the fuzzles are being cooked. Are they the new "flavor of the week"?

Interns beatin’ on your back
Sounds like Munch will have another infiltration/rescue party to make for his little fuzzy friends.

Chants being chanted by a one-mudokon choir
I think it's fairly safe to assume this means Abe will still be playing an active role in the game, eh?

And Khanzumers hungry for a snack.
So we'll probably see the Khanz's, but are they hungry for mudokons or fuzzles? Or BOTH?

Also, since the very first word of the very first verse is "Fuzzles", can we guess that they might be having a bit of a 'beefier' role in the next game? Will we see one as a main character? Who knows.

I think we all owe OWI a big Thank-You for not only giving us these wonderful, tantilizing tidbits, but also for delivering them in a riddle format. Instead of letting us eat up the news right away and want more, they have chosen to give us something to gnaw on while we wait. A most thoughtful jesture on their part, I think. Thank you OWI!
My RP cc's: Smudge | Jayne | Vince | Correl

Last edited by tybie_odd; 05-01-2003 at 06:57 PM..
05-02-2003, 04:13 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by tybie_odd
Or maybe that the Raisin fell alseep before delivering the final letter/letters?

I think we all owe OWI a big Thank-You for not only giving us these wonderful, tantilizing tidbits, but also for delivering them in a riddle format. Instead of letting us eat up the news right away and want more, they have chosen to give us something to gnaw on while we wait. A most thoughtful jesture on their part, I think. Thank you OWI!
About the "Zzzzzzzzz" i'd say that was the Raisin falling asleep just as we were meant to get the final words, that would have meant so much to our search! Afterall, they aren't going to hand it to us on a silver platter

Yeah, I agree having it in riddle form rather than straight out news is the best option. Like you said, it'll gnaw away at us for some time now! Well... Only until E3 if they have the Oddworld Booth inside Microsofts.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

05-02-2003, 10:52 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Here is an interesting theory I have about the Khanzumers idea.

If we are going to see the Khanzumers in the next game and when the card said "Fuzzles roasting on an open fire", Could it mean that the Khanzumers could be some sort of savage race? This has to mean we will see them. They were meant to be in MO but were taken out of the story at that point. Could they be carnivorous, blood thirsty or real hungry creatures sort of like termites who make profit off of actually eating food or anything or in this case Fuzzles as their preferred lifestyle? Another hint of this theory I have is the word BEEF. It is mentioned in the card and that word could have a great importants to describing what the industrial races in OW4 or Khanzumers are actually like.

And do you remember the idea of returning to Rupture Farms in future games? As a rumer it seems in this case that it would fit this puzzle fairly well. What if we do return to Rupture Farms in the next game and the place is being torn down or renovated, and the Khanzumers would be sort of like Oddworlds version of the Garbage Man? When a factory goes down or under the Magog in this theory needs to clean it up so they would send in The Khanzumers to take care of the mess. The Khanzumers in this case would devour everything in their path, even devouring any other poor saul in the area. And maybe roasting Fuzzles could be their favorite past time. Wierd I have to say but really interesting and cool.

And here is another thing to think about that supports my theory. Why would OWI a few months back put up a Rupture Farms product market? Could that be another clue to describeing on the situation at Rupturefarms and The Khanzumers? I honestly think I am on to something here but its only a theory and we will leave it at that. Lastly we all know that the Khanzumers are the most important race. Why? Well in this case because they clean up the mess left over and they are the ones who actually or literaly are consuming the products in which the Magog destributes. Let it be live stock or just anything because they demand food like crazy and thats how they would make profit and support other industrial races. Without the Khanzumers as the Garbage Men of Oddworld then it would be a mess. You see the importants in this case? Interesting.

We all forgot about the Clean up services as a type of industrial race. In our world we have junkyards and Landfills that cause harm to the enviorment but at the same time they sort of recycle things by desposeing of it in the ground. That alone can be a certain kind of enviormental element in Oddworld. The Khanzumers would live in Oddworld's industrial waist treatment facilities from landfills to Junkyards. In this case Odddworld's Clean up services or "Garbage men" would be like an industrial race who are constantly eating. And they are "The Khanzumers." Even the name Khanzumer sounds like consumer which relates a lot to eating and collecting materal. Think of it! Thats pretty odd! I can see them rideing in these weird looking monster garbage trucks scooping up trash and tearing it apart and then haveing it become processed food and placed on a plate in front of hungry Khanzumers.

In this idea its the Khanzumer who in their nature must constantly eat to survive so why not make a profit off of what you eat. Like they say on Oddworld its all in the name of PROFIT That really sounds like something OWI would do and come up with. What do you think?

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-02-2003 at 03:39 AM..
05-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

Oddipus  (38)

whaaaw, wonderful thoughts!
I'm gonna need a while to let them sink through.
There's a lot potential in this 'theory'

Last edited by Oddipus; 05-02-2003 at 04:15 AM..
05-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

The only I can see wrong with the theory PA, is that the Khanzumerz are apparently the top of the market and don't work, the Glukkons (etc) do their work.

Still, this G... D... thing is a mystery. Not even Google manages to show anything up

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

05-02-2003, 12:30 PM
KintoKid
Stingbee

: Oct 2002
: Ca
: 85
KintoKid  (19)

I think we are all over-looking something: the Headline in the daily deception (nov/Dec) that said ELUM: I HAVE POWERS?!? Undoubtedly Elum will be put in the next game, since he was meant to be included in MO. OI must have at least a partial storyline revolving around elum developed already, because the system switch came close to release, so OI probably had their story mapped out and ready to bring to life.

05-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

:
Originally posted by KintoKid
I think we are all over-looking something: the Headline in the daily deception (nov/Dec) that said ELUM: I HAVE POWERS?!? Undoubtedly Elum will be put in the next game, since he was meant to be included in MO. OI must have at least a partial storyline revolving around elum developed already, because the system switch came close to release, so OI probably had their story mapped out and ready to bring to life.
no this was only to mock a topic of the forum "Elum has Powers"... sorry to break your theory

05-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
Originally posted by Alcar
The only I can see wrong with the theory PA, is that the Khanzumerz are apparently the top of the market and don't work, the Glukkons (etc) do their work.

Still, this G... D... thing is a mystery. Not even Google manages to show anything up

Alcar...

Not even Google!, we're all going to die thinking!

GD, GD, any in-game companies names have GD in them??
05-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

well I know at 100% that oddworld was at the Game Developers Conference 2003, but I can't find any more info about

05-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

surely OW4 is Munch's exoduss or it's equivilent right??? So there won't be a new lead...........
05-02-2003, 02:24 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

you fool

:
Q: What ever happened to Hand of Odd, Munch's Exoddus and/or Squeek's Oddysee?

A: We are currently not in production on those titles at this time. Oddworld is presently working on a title that is concurrent with the evolution of the Quintology, but unique from our previous games. So even though it is unlike anything we've released so far, we think you'll agree it couldn't have come from anyone but Oddworld.

05-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
Originally posted by Xavier
you fool
I see........... I'll be quiet to avoid more shame now :'(
05-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

no no it wasn't what I meant, It is allways good to have different theories

05-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

:
Originally posted by Xavier
no no it wasn't what I meant, It is allways good to have different theories
I know, just playin' ;-)
05-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

Oddipus  (38)

The G... could stand for

* Gabbit
* Gabbiar
* Gabbiwog
* Greeter
* Glukkon
* Glockstar
* General (Dripik, Discussion)
* Game (Designer , Developer, Domain (website) ...)

(please help)

And the D... for

* Dripik , Discussion, Designer, Developer (as mentioned above)
* Depot

(please help even more )

05-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

I realy think it's more in the "Game Developers Conference 2003" way we must search, cause I think it's one of the only things we discussed about firts and then forgot + there was a mention about on the main page of the official site some time ago

I found somethig! the 2nd and 4th line of each paragraph are rimes:
way and fray
find and mind
danger and stranger
E3 and D...

no relation?

Last edited by Xavier; 05-02-2003 at 07:50 AM..
05-02-2003, 04:01 PM
sacrif
Zappfly

: Apr 2003
: Holland
: 12
sacrif  (10)
JEAHHH!!!!

I waited for this clear info for a verry long time, that is from the date that I finnished Munch's Oddysee (1 YEAR AGO). A wrack I was for about one year. BUT I CAN SEE THE SUNSHINE AGAIN, and it is an great view.

Born to play, die playing!!!

www.sacrif.tk (Dutch)

05-02-2003, 04:13 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

:
Originally posted by Alcar

Alcar...
True Alcar very true but what if say the Khanzumers love to eat like crazy and be the Garbage Men of Oddworld like I explaned earlier but don't do any work to get that profit because they are the ones on top of the food chain? They would even devour Glukkons if they got out of hand. So with that in mind its still possiable. Instead they would use machines or control Mudokin slaves and such to do the dirty work for them. Think of Sharks and you might know what I mean about Khanzumers as being the garbage men. Nobody picks on a Khanzumer or you too would be on their plate. If thats the case then sure they will on the top of the food chain plus be higher in status over Glukkons whome they control. And we all know that the races of Oddworld are based on the classic food chain scnerio Where Mudokins ore on the bottom and Gabbits are even lower. I don't know it was a wise guess so I can be wrong about this too hehe!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-02-2003 at 08:28 AM..
05-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Anyone could be wrong, as they are all theories and no one knows for sure

This has got me stumped, I've checked the Daily Deception, Rupture Farms catalog, Google, IGN and Gamespot so far.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events