Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)
Wired A Story Kinda Like Nemo's Inspiration

I'm re-doing my story, as I wanna make better like like what mitsur said in his very long post. Anyway, I'm typing it in Notepad then I'm gonna copy paste. Sorry for anyone who read it already, just please read it again.

Last edited by Alf Shall Rise; 02-22-2007 at 02:30 PM..
02-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Abraham Lure
Super Stingbee

: Dec 2006
: Purgatory (So bored...) xD
: 471
Abraham Lure  (11)

ooh, this is interesting and grabbed my attention when I read it. I hope to see more of it soon. I like this though. I want to know what happens next. Good work though, keep it up.
02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

Lol thx I'll try to type some more first I want to see if anyone else comments XD.
02-20-2007, 10:02 AM
moxco
Zappfly

: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

It got a couple of gramma errors but its good.
Why hopefully wont find havoc in a bikini? I thought we wanted to?
And best of all im in it.

Last edited by moxco; 02-20-2007 at 10:18 AM..
02-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Idk...does Rexy want to see Havoc in a bikini, let's put it that way.
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
moxco
Zappfly

moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

Fine Ill put it that way.
02-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Ok my computer is really acting strange. It'll bring me back a page and all my work will be done. That happened about 5 times. Now I just logged out for some reason, and my second chapter got erased. There shall be a big delay for the second chapter.

Last edited by Alf Shall Rise; 02-20-2007 at 10:58 AM..
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

Awesome... can't wait to hear more! that was really cool!

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Well it's late and well...I should be getting to bed. But I'm not . I might be able to type the second chapter (again).

OMG 100th POST WOO
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Nemo
Clakker Store Clerk

: ǐͣ͋͗̄
: 793
Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)

Oh God, we'll end up with a whole bucket filled with stories of OWF now.
02-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Unless someone empties the bucket in a toxic river...the Hudson River!
02-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Sorry for the double post

Yes I'm very sorry but everytime I'm making an edit and I send the second chapter, apparently I log out (everyone does after about 10 minutes of not doing anything on the forums...I think). Anyway, here's my second chapter:

Jordan_Boi sat there, cracking on his meat bone. Snuzi was snoring real loud, which was very annoying. Other then that, everything was quite...too quite. Too quite, as if something was gonna running through the door, with a gun and glowing white with evil red eyes. That gave Jordan the creeps, and he started towards Snuzi to wake him up. Just then something banged in the door, real loud, and Jordan heard, "HEY! OPEN UP!" Nothing happened for a few seconds. Whoever it was knocked on the door again. Jordan slowly walked towards the door, and looked through the peep hole. All he saw was something glowing red. His eyes widened, and he stuck his claws out. 'Looks like there's gonna be come violence,' he thought, and he opened the door. Something white ran in, with a gun, with glowing red eyes, charging, and ran up to Jordan and hugged him.
"HEY!!!!" SligStorm said, squeezing Jordan real tight. "Where is everyone?" SligStorm asked. Snuzi was half asleep, but he still could listen somehow.
"Light...go out...people...gone...Rex MoxCo...go look," and started to snore again.

While all of this was happening, Alf_shall_rise () woke up in a weird chapel, but with no benches or anywhere to sit. At the end of the room was an altar and candles were all throughout the room. Pictures of Gods and Goddesses were on the walls of the room, and there was the words, "Follow Me" painted in blood on the wall.
"How....interesting," Alf said, and he touched the blood. It was still fresh and wet, and there seemed to be a path. Along the path were cave paintings of a blue Mudokon. The same picture ran down the path. Alf had no choice but to walk down. Bloody footprints were on the floor, they were still wet too. At the end of the path was a dead end, with a letter on the floor. It read: "Shall thy avoid mischief, gain peace and freedom; but if shall thy not avoid mischief, gain pain and death"
"How...very interesting," Alf said, putting the letter into his loin cloth pocket. But just then he felt something else in his loin cloth...it felt like...TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Again, sry for the double post.
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Review:

1. First of all, explain how it happened.

I mean, sure, it's sorta interesting how everyone suddenly showed up at a spooky mansion. But what I wondered after the first sentence was, 'How'd everyone get there? Did Alcar suddenly decide to kidnap everyone and take them to a haunted mansion? Did a scavenger hunt make them go to the mansion?'

What I suggest is that you provide at least bare-bones backstory so we know what made everyone go to the mansion. Otherwise, it just seems like you blatantly ripped off a story idea, except that you made the situation different.

Sure, you said they were going on a vacation, but that was just about it. Maybe say they won a trip in a contest, after Nate accidently mailed his antique postcard, which Jordan stole, or something. Anything to give it coherency.

Nemo made his start excellent because he made The Gate Keeper start off with a decent beginning, as it described how he registered and all that. You, on the other hand, made it seem like an episode of some cartoon, where, each week, the characters are thrown into a wacky situation with no explanation why or how they got their. Makes it seem cheesy from the start.

2. Weird, out of place sentences.

I saw a lot of parts that didn't really make sense, or didn't even have to be in the story in the first place. For example:

:
Everyone was paying attention to the dark figure looking down from the top window, so whoever farted got saved.
No sense, at all. Why did people who farted get saved? Don't waste time putting in parts unless they make sense. Re-read your submissions, do't just type anything in and post it. It'll make the story much better, and seem more organized.

3. Spelling and Grammar.

Now, I don't know how old you are, but that shouldn't really make any difference, as if you are good enough to type on an online forum, you should be good enough to type correctly.

As I've said before, a few typos are acceptable, as everyone here is human, and can't always catch their mistakes. However, I found a large number of typos and grammatical errors.

I suggest, once again, to go over your writing multiple times, to find and correct errors. Any typing program that spell checks on your computer will do this for you, and make the story easier to read, and understand. I recently discovered the awesomeness that is the built-in spell checker in the OWF posting box, which you only need to download the program to get it to work for you. Try it when you can.

Of course, it only corrects spelling errors, at least I think so. Use the typing program on your computer for grammar corrections.

4. Spacing.

I say this all the time, but it always makes things better.

Space. Out. Your. Paragraphs.

It will make the story more pleasing to the eye, and have it easier for people to read different lines of text. Space it out whenever someone speaks, or when you have a huge block of text already.

5. Formatting.

Make good use of your italic, bold, and/or underlining tools in the posting box. They are there for a reason, and will emphasize whatever you use them on. For example:

:
The huge block of text hit the posting box with a KA-BLAM!
Boring, no? How about this:

:
The huge block of text hit the posting box with a KA-BLAM!
See what I meant?

Overall, I'm going to have to give this a 3/10.

Poor spelling and grammar, a cartoon-like start, and what looks suspiciously like a story trying to cash in on other people's formulas, just makes it below average.

But, I will tell you this:

All writers start out like this. I've taken critisizims just as bad (and sometimes worse) as this one, but I kept at it, and eventually became the writer I am today. I write for my school newspaper, am widely beleived to be the best writer in my High School English class, and have written an small book, which I'm never to going to show to the light of day, because it still needs endless tuning.

Keep working on it, and I'm sure you'll be great at writing.

I can already see the response to this.

'Oh, you're being too harsh on him, Mitsur! He's just a beginner, cut him some slack!'

Why should I? I sure as hell didn't get any when I wrote under this name, even if I did suck ass.

'Heh, looks like Mitsur's putting you down because he's jealous.'

Yeah, yeah. Like I'm never this harsh on other stories. Ok, so maybe I was a bit easy on Nemo, because it was the first knock-off, and I was a bit flattered. Still, I review as honestly as I can.

[/review]

Wrex.

02-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

*Wipes tear from eye*
02-22-2007, 09:11 AM
moxco
Zappfly

Dpnt worry ASR Ill give it a 9.4 out of 10.
02-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Lol thx but I actually agree with mitsur, my story is a little "not understanding." I guess it only makes sense to me. lol
02-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Nemo
Clakker Store Clerk

: ǐͣ͋͗̄
: 793
Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)

First off:

:
Nemo made his start excellent
Yay! :D

Now on topic:
I didn't read the story at first, but the part that is up...
Well, it just seems too short. There's two paragraphs.
Only two.
No more.
Two.
Any good starting story, IMHO, needs atleast three paragraphs. Otherwise it just seems too short and missing things.

Like a midget with amputated limbs.

I give it a 5/10.
You tried, which is half of the work.

Edit:
Also, stop posting every other post. There's no rule against it, but it's getting on my nerves.

Last edited by Nemo; 02-22-2007 at 07:49 PM..
02-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

You mean like this?

EDIT: I see some of you think my story is poor...and to make them happy, I'm re-making mine! The story is similar, only not at a mansion, and it is much more detailed and longer. Nemo, I know what you mean; the chapters are short, I agree, thats why I plan to make my new and improved first chapter a big hit! To act all professional, lemme tell yall the release date of it: Thursday. Lol, not so far off, but I need to think of some stuff, and then type it up...if I can ever get on this laptop!

Anyway, I'll be going now, bro needs laptop cuz I used it after school yesterday.

EDIT 2: My newest first chapter! Yes, it isn't Thursday, but I finished! Sorry if anyone liked the earlier story; it's now changed. Enjoy!

There was a new announcement at the OWF. Apparently Alcar won a contest and got ten free tickets to a carnival, and he wanted to know who was willing to go with him. Numerous PMs were sent to him, and only two more people had to tag along. But no one seemed to volunteer, and only eight people were going to the carnival.

Each volunteer got a PM saying where and when to come to the carnival. The PM was, "5 PM to 12 AM, on the up coming Friday, two days from this day. Go to the bus stop on Mudanchee Avenue." Everyone agreed, and waited until Friday. On Thursday, two PMs were sent to Alcar saying they wanted to come with everyone to the carnival. Of course, they were Alf_shall_rise and MoxCo. Executive.

Friday finally came, and everyone packed their bags for the carnival. At exactly 4 PM, they all met at the bus stop.
"Hey everyone! This is so cool, all ten of us going on a trip to a carnival! Sounds fun!" Jordan_Boi cheered, all the others raised their fists in the air and cheered. Looks like everyone was going to have some fun! The bus pulled over, and at the entrance was Alcar.

"Alrighty then, everyone jump in! We're going to the carnival!" he announced, everyone trampled over him and sat down. Getting up from stepped on numerous times, Alcar held his back and sat in the front, right next to SligStorm. He heard the words, "Yay, yay, yay" over and over from the little pale Slig.

After only ten minutes on the bus, people starting groaning and moving around in discomfort.
"Everyone, start moving around like you have ants in yer pants!" Alcar exclaimed.
"Are we there yet?" someone cried out, it sounded like a Greeter. Alcar ignored the cry, and started to close his eyes. "Well I'll just have to sleep the ride away," he thought, drifting off to sleep. He awoke immediately from the sound of bored screams, it was like listening to a broken record.

Alcar's eyes opened up when he realized he got twenty minutes of sleep. That's a new record of sleeping while with the members from the OWF. Now, if he got awarded a big chocolate cake, everything would've been great. But instead someone spit in his face.
"Alright alright, we can walk there now, since someone just shot some of their flem onto my damn face," Alcar yelled, shoving all the members out of the bus. He turned around to apologize to the bus driver. "So sorry for all this stuff, they usually behave...right now they're all acting like two year olds," Alcar said, then gave the bus driver ten Moolah, and walked out of the bus. He gave them all a scary look that told them, "I'm real pissed, so don't do anything stupid."

The passed two hours was great, everyone stood in a straight line and didn't yell or anything. Something Alcar appreciated.
"You all were good while walking, so I'll give you all something in return; we all get to stay here a week longer!" he yelled out in public, people were looking at him. All the members looked around, their eyes wide open. There were roller coasters, tea cup rides, bouncy castles, bumber cars, cotton candy shops, fast food shops, everything you could think of!

First things first, Paramite of War immediately rolled to the Mystery Mirror Maze. POW saw all sorts of sizes of himself in mirrors, and soon got lost. He was alone, and every so often he would see red eyes pop up in the dark, black, silent shadows. There was this one hallway, it was very long, and had a bunch of mirrors on it. When walked looking at these mirrors, he didn't see any reflection at all. "I'm getting pretty scared," he thought to himself, turned around, and saw the red eyed creature pounce on him.

Last edited by Alf Shall Rise; 02-28-2007 at 12:35 PM..