Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

02-04-2007, 12:07 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
A Strange Letter

I found this letter a few weeks ago in the closet of my aunt's new apartment when I was helping unload her stuff in the bedroom. The letter was in a blank white envelope (fairly new) and inside was a three page letter about a person who had a problem.

I briefly skimmed through the letter and found its contents interesting so I decided to keep it for later. Once I finished helping my aunt unpack I headed straight home since I had a report due the next day. I totally forgot about the letter until I finished my report. It was late in the night exactly 11:32pm when I realized the letter was still in my pocket. I took it out and since I didn't feel tired thanks to two cups of coffee, I read the letter.

It was about a person who calls himself George (no last name) in his early twenties who moved to Memphis, Tennessee with his girlfriend to a house they just bought. It was a cheap buy, since the house used to belong to a lonely lady who supposedly died of old age a long time ago. The previous owner didn’t live there and said the place was haunted but George and his girlfriend was not the least bit afraid nor did they believe in such silly nonsense. After a few weeks had past the couple began having nightmares. The first time it was George and then the next couple of nights his girlfriend. Each time they woke up screaming and sweating and gasping for air.

They talked about their nightmares and found out they were exactly the same: A ghastly woman with charcoal black holes for eyes and pale rotting skin in a tattered, white gown with a sinister grin on her face. Around her was complete and utter darkness. She would slowly approach in what seemed to take hours until her face seemed to be a mere foot from your own. At this point one of her bony arms would rise, and just before she could touch you, you would awake screaming.

One morning George woke up that day without having the nightmare. He felt relieved and realized his girlfriend didn't wake up screaming and assumed she didn't have the dream either. She was lying down on her side, her back facing George. He went over to kiss his girlfriend on the cheek and felt her skin to be very cold, too cold to be normal. He turned her over and checked to see if she was breathing but there was no movement. George began to panic and checked her pulse. She was dead. George immediately called for an ambulance and she taken to the nearest hospital.

The doctor said she died of a heart attack. At such a young and healthy age of twenty, she died of a heart attack. George knew it was that cursed women in his dreams. He quit his job and took out all of his savings to try and find a way to rid him self of the curse. Eventually, George purchased a book from a private seller that explained the details of an ancient curse. Apparently, when a soul is maliciously wrenched from its body, sometimes it manifests itself in the dreams of those who inhabit its location of death. The final paragraph described the fate of those who become cursed. The spirit would slowly gain strength from its host. It would follow you effortlessly to the ends of the earth. As it gained strength, its image would become more real. First in dreams, then in thoughts, then in sight, and finally in you.

George shuddered at similarities of this ancient curse and his current situation. He began to travel from state to state looking for any old book store that collected anything that's paranormal. After weeks of traveling George found a really old grimoire from a private collector somewhere in Mexico. After attaining this book of black magic, George had to decipher every symbol that was written in the book. It took him almost three weeks to fully understand all of its contents. All the while, he was tormented by the curse. George no longer slept considering what he saw in his nightmares now is beyond description with human words.

Finally after careful research, George found a way to escape from his curse. The book talked about two ancient incantations which can be used once every one hundred years to escape any kind of curse but it came with a price. George understood the conditions and decided to carry out his plans and use one of the ancient incantations to escape his fate. I finished reading the rest of the letter and noticed the second incantation written in the last page. Although, I was a bit disturbed by what I read. I thought nothing of it and went to sleep.

The next few days were normal until Sunday night. Five days had passed since I read that weird letter. Then it happened, the same exact dream George described. I woke up screaming in the middle of the night waking up everyone in the house. My parents came rushing in my room and then came my younger sister. They asked me what was wrong and I told them about my nightmare. My heart continued to race and I couldn't calm down. My whole body was covered in sweat and I continued to shake. The hideous face of that woman was burned into my mind. Her sinister smile and her dark charcoal eyes penetrated my soul and engulfed me in fear. After a few minutes of my family reassuring me that it was just a silly dream they left me alone. My sister came back with a glass of water and handed it to me. I thanked her and she left.

I couldn't sleep that night, I didn't want to! I stayed up thinking if this was just mere coincidence or is it really happening to me. I went to school that day tired and paranoid. I couldn't focus in class, I couldn't even hold up a conversation with my friends. I just couldn't stop imaging that woman's horrid face. Her dark gaze was all I could think about. I went over to my aunt's apartment that day and asked who lived in her apartment before she moved in. She said no one had been renting this apartment for the last three years. I couldn't believe what I was hearing; I remember the envelope and the letter being new, as if it was just made. I wondered if someone had been secretly living there. The nightmares became more frequent as time passed. Only this time, it was a little bit different. The ghastly woman approached me much faster this time, and rather than her face being a foot away, we were practically nose to nose.

Those eyes pierced straight into mine, burning with some sort of hellish fire. The gaze seemed inescapable; no screams could exit my throat. Still, though, just as her bony arm rose, I would wake up screaming. I wonder if George experienced the same thing. My grades gradually dropped and I stopped going to school. I grew depressed and weak because barely ate any food. I simply stayed in my room researching anything about ghosts, demons, or the occult. To no avail, my attempt to find any clues failed. My screams awoke my family and even my neighbors. A rumor began to spread in my neighborhood about a kid who is haunted by an evil spirit and stays in his room all day. I overheard this through my younger sister who no longer talked to me because I think she fears me. I don't blame her; I would be afraid if my sibling started having constant nightmares and began acting weird. Last night I crept over to my parents' room to tell them everything I was experiencing including the letter.

As I was about to knock on the door I overheard their conversation. It was about sending me to a mental institution and both of them agreed it was for my own safety. I heard all this but I really didn't know what to think. I was tired of thinking, tired of living in fear. I went back to my room and as I closed the door my legs gave in and I collapsed on the floor. I stayed in that position for the rest of the day without moving an inch but still conscious. The fear of closing my eyes for too long kept me awake until it struck midnight. I can't live like this. I can't stand it anymore. I'm going insane. I can't remember the last time I peacefully slept. The nightmares happen every night now.

I don't want to end up like George or his girlfriend. I'm too young to die. This has to stop. I'm making it stop! I really didn't want to do what George did, but I have no other option. My parents are worried about me, my sister's afraid of me; my friends don't even believe me. I can't find any other way of ridding myself of this curse. That’s why I'm writing this short autobiography of my life in my room really late in the night. I took out the letter and read the last of the two incantations George wrote to escape that cursed woman. It reads: Les Cartos Jesikto Mo Kei Labo Ore Cas Mors Certa.

Now, all I have to do is wait and hope. I've done everything needed to rid myself of these hellish dreams. Although, I never actually went into detail how George escaped from his curse. By writing down his entire experience from the moment he began having the dreams to the day he could escape the curse while making the reader read one of the two incantations; he simply passed it down to me. The one you read above is the second incantation to pass down a curse. Hopefully, you read through my entire story without skipping a word. If you did, I thank you and I'm very sorry.

Goodnight.

Wrex.

02-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Is that true?

If it is: I'm sorry about your misfortune, and I hope you can get over it soon, and get rid of that curse. It sounds horrible...

If it isn't: Great story, I like the mystery and magic, that poor woman, she was only 20...
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

To clarify:

This is not true, but rather a story I found at a different forum. I thought it was good, so I reposted it here.

Wrex.

02-05-2007, 05:09 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

Very nice, even though it's not yours
It's a bit 'too far out there', but conveys emotion nicely.

And most obviously Jordan it's fiction... >.>

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 02-05-2007 at 06:47 PM..
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Nemo
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2006
: ǐͣ͋͗̄
: 793
Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)

God I hate you now, Mitsur.

I read the incantation and everything. Grrr...
02-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Shit, Mitsur. Scared me do death.
I am so glad that I read this:
:
To clarify:
This is not true, but rather a story I found at a different forum. I thought it was good, so I reposted it here.

Normally, I don't believe in this Boo Radley type crap, but you really had me scared... I just wanted to finish reading it, though, no matter what would happen to me... it was so intense.

Anyways, that was fantastic. And if I start having nightmares, I am coming after you.

Well done on the story, sir.

EDIT: What is the second one saying? Something about the months?

Last edited by Cullen Heath; 02-05-2007 at 08:40 PM..
02-06-2007, 01:54 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Oh right... I knew it wasn't real... Sorry about that, I was being a prat!
Great story, me like mysterious touch!