: 10.

05-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)
forgive or forget(should we forgive the glukkon and Vykkers or not?)

please reply

05-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

This has to be addressed. Topics like opinion polls, comments on Oddworld matters, etc. should be composed in the General Disscussion area. I also NEED to tell all slurgs:

If you really, really, really want to create a topic, please write MORE than three words when you compose them. The more in-depth you are with your topic, the more people will understand what the hell you are talking about. This could be a great topic, but a little rehursing beforehand never killed anyone. I mean, it's not like the other Members have much to anticipate if it hasn't been written yet. So please, treat your topics with respect. After all, a hap-hazardly written topic only makes the author look lazy.

Oh, and before you pelt me with large rocks for babbling, I think that anyone can be redeemed, no matter how awful they are.

Except Phleg. Anyone who sounds remotely like Homer Simpson and looks like Peter Potamus earns no merrets.

So there. (Sticks tongue out at Phleg, who then hollars and blames Abe for it)

05-05-2003, 03:02 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Well, as Dipstikk pointed out you really did not explain this at all. Being you are new here I am a bit more tolerant to a certain extent. Please next time read the FC sticky threads(rules) and also try and look for the best suitable place for topics you create whatever they may be in the next time. I will let Xavier decide what he may or may want to do with this topic after I move it.

So please next time just read the rules, but welcome to the forums AbeGuy, and enjoy your time here.

-Sincerely Al the Vykker

*Moves Thread*
05-05-2003, 06:38 AM
Abe the legend
Thudslug

: Apr 2002
: U.K.
: 156
Abe the legend  (10)
Mad

I'll never forgive them !The vykkers are just twisted and don't care about other creatures!But I'm not sure about the glukkons .
05-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I will let this topic live...
I think it is an intresting question; personnally I think Mudokons can forgive some things Glukkons but the Glukkons have to make the first step.
but don't forget that there are thigs no one can ever forgive

05-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Apr 2001
: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

* poll: Never forgiv them! They do horroble things that you just can't forgive/forget. Offcourse, if there came a new generation of glukks and vykkers that try to break with the past and the wrong deeds of their ancestors, forgivness is in it's place.

05-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

help i think i'm dying of overhumiliation syndrome

05-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Native Poser
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Under your bed...
: 185
Native Poser  (10)

Dont feel bad Abeguy Personally I think everyone needs to calm down & take this argument elsewhere!
As for wether or not Glukkons & Vykkers can be forgiven...Well, maybe they could be forgiven. They'd have to be willing to stop destroying stuff & stop experimeting on fuzzles..

05-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

There's no need to feel embaraced Abeguy. This is a great topic and a great opportunity for discussion.

Anyways, when it come to forgiving the Industrialists of Oddworld, well....I think I can forgive the Gluks and most definately the Sligs but as for the Vykkers. The Vykkers are aware of what they are doing and were not raised by and harsh means, infact they take pleasure in inflicting pain in which case they do not deserve forgiveness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

05-06-2003, 02:42 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well AbeGuy arent you just the lucky member here! don't let these things bother you mann. It really is no big deal dude. The Mods are simply reminding you thats all. Your topic is cool and brings up interesting ideas of mine I have forgotten in awhile. So anything debated on here just simply has no relevence to your topic and I am not going to be apart of that debate thankyou very much! Xavier was right this topic idea is interesting and it is.

Anyway: I think the character of the races of Oddworld from the industrial to the natural are more or less just simply confused beings.

They probabaly won't forgive each other until the light balb clicks in their minds on what they are doing is distructive. It also relates to my idea on how the races are connected some how. Where if one race is eliminated the other will follow. The Magog needs to wake up and realise that what they are doing is not only hurting the natural world but also themselves. So in conclusion if there was some kind of reasoning with the industrial races of Oddworld and the natural races of Oddworld then things would be in balance thus resulting in a peace among the races. But we all know that would take a real long time to accomplish.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-05-2003 at 06:58 PM..
05-06-2003, 04:04 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

*steps in*

Unfortunately a very good topic has gone the way of a moderator argument/discussion. So I've cleaned up the thread and split it in two. Feel free to discuss this further in it's appropriate place here.

Now, actually this is a very good idea for a subject, so I hate to see it ruined just because Abeguy didn't put much info in his description. But he also didn't need that much of a lecture (more so directed at Dipstikk, who's not actually a mod) ... just a friendly reminder.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand ... I do think that the Glukkons and Vykkers should be forgiven. Sure they've done some horrible things both to the enivronment and to native species. But I'm not one to hold grudges. They believed what they were doing was right. In their eyes they could see nothing wrong with it. Sure they were motivated by greed and power ... but that's what they know. It's kind of in their blood so to speak.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

sorry

I feel like it is my duty to point these things out. I didn't mean to be harmful and stuff.

Sorry, Abeguy.

05-06-2003, 11:00 AM
FeeCoFreak
Zappfly

: Dec 2002
: x
: 7
FeeCoFreak  (10)

hey everyone

Just wanted to say: HELL YEAH! let them be forgiven. After all, Glukkons only went into idustrialism and hateism because of the Mudokens obsessing over the handprint on the moon.

As for any embarressment caused to AbeGuy, I think maybe everyone should just leave the whole subject.

FeeCoFreak

05-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

And Lulu....

(Snarls) ...Lulu....

HE SHAN'T BE FORGIVEN!!!

Lulu....

(Walks off, griping to himself about Lulu)

BTW:
And, yes I'm picking random Glukkons...

05-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

wow i feel so... so... Hyperstatic about every thing!