Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

03-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)
Mercs.

This is my very first fanfic. Please laugh and hurl as much abuse as you want.
It is about a group of sligs, who are hired out, by either Industrialist or Native. They are ill equpped and often have to steal items of interest. ( The more observant of you would have noticed, that i attempted to turn this into an RP!)
brief into to Main Characters ( may be increased)

Lizk:- leader of the sligs.
Ingling:- Scout and Sniper
Edwin:- Mastermind
Ulik:- Bigbro- bully, but increadbly accurate and strong
Lazlo: Glukkon- Out for revenge at Lizk, after destroying his factory and assasanaiting his brother.

***Here i go***

Lizk is sitting over a desk, there is a mud on the other side, normally Lizk would have shot him without a thought, but that was all before he'd become a Merc. The mud pushed a map across the table.

Mud: We have no Moolah, but we do have supplies, we will give you enough supplies for a year.

Lizk would normally have laughed at such an offer, but he felt his stomach rumbling. He hadn't eaten anything but canned scrab for a week. He knew it was a stupid offer, supplies for a huge rescue attempt. But he knew if he rejected the Mercs. would almost definatly split up. He signed the form, pushed it to the mud who then signed it.
He went outside, he looked at his men. 30 of them, all tired, he walked down to them, then nodded to them. They immediatly started setting up camp. He sighed , walked over to his tent and started to read. His current book was "Quest for the Can Opener" He slowly fell asleep.

Last edited by Hobo; 03-21-2003 at 06:19 AM..
03-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Lizk woke with a start, he got up, put on his rucksack and grabbed his rusty 12-guage shotgun. He walked outside, to see Ingling, he was wearing his IR goggles.

Lizk: Whats the problem?

Ingling: Well sir, i took the liberty of scanning our road ahead.

Lizk: Uh-huh, and..........

Ingling: Well Sir, it appears that we have met a couple of bounty hunters, and when i say a couple, i use the term loosley.

Lizk: (worried) How many?

Ingling: Not sure but way over 60. Mostly sligs, and slogs. There are a few interns, though they appear to be just travveling along.

Lizk: Are they heading this way?

Ingling: Not yet sir.

Lizk: That's our only way to get there, we'll either need to fight, or fly over the top. That would put us at great risk.

Lizk runs over to the middle of the camp, he blows a horn that he keeps in his belt. All the sligs come running over to him.

Lizk: Right, you lot, we have a large group of bounty hunters after us. I'm guessing it's Lazlo. We now need to remain vigilant, keep your weapons loaded and the saftey cathes off. We shall double the guard patrols. We shall set off later today, we are going to need some kind of distraction........
03-22-2003, 05:49 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Lizk ran over to where Ingling said the bounty hunters where, there was nothing there. They were either hiding, or have moved in for the kill. As Lizk ran home to tell the others, he heard the loudest, shrillest shriek he hd ever heard. Scrabs, thats why the bounty hunters weren't there. Lizk then had an Idea. he ran back to camp, told them whats happening then grabbed a rusty old communications pack. He recorded the sounds of the Scrabs over and over. He planned to keep the Hunters at bay by using the Scrab sounds as if they were Scrabs.

The Scrabs had all gone, the recording was played through loudspeakers. They had to run through the Hunters Camp. Lizk was the last to cross. Everyone else was in a deep forest the other side f the camp. Lizk ran, but as he ran the tape stopped, he saw a slig peer round the corner of his tent. Lizk dived behind a rock, hoping the slig didn't see him. The other sligs slowly emerged. A group of them gathered around the communiaction pack. This was Lizk's chance he sprinted through the base, avoiding snoozie fire. He rolled into a gap in a rock. He fired his snoozie out of the gap he rolled into, occasionally chucking a grenade towardds a group of sligs. His ammo counter now read 7 rounds remaining. He had to esacape, they were advancing.
03-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

He picked up a couple of rocks and threw them outside they hit a slig between the eyes. The slig fell down bleeding heavily. He dived out of the cave, a bullet struck him, but he shook off the injury. He ran for the forest firing a bullet whenever the firing became heavy. He rolled behind a tree, and as the bounty hunters released the slogs a hail of bullets struck them all down at once.

Last edited by Hobo; 03-30-2003 at 04:33 AM..
03-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Edwin was deep inside the forest. He had somehow managed to get split up from the others. He drew a pistol and raised it. He called out for the rest of the Mercs. He walked around for a whil before he felt something brush his leg. He turned around to see a Paramite. He was about to pull the trigger when he noticed that the Paramite hadn't attacked him yet. He kept his distance until he could see what was wrong. Then he saw a bullet stuck in one of it's legs. Edwin bent down and got out his medical kit.
" If i help it at least it won't eat me" Edwin thought. He extracted the bullet and put a bandage around the wound.