Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

03-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)
Munch Art

Here's Munch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	munch.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	22.4 
ID:	622  

03-06-2003, 10:53 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy

You are a great artist! I would love to see some ORIGINAL art work, preferably not on line paper.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

03-07-2003, 09:02 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Well, thank you! At least SOMEONE ANSWERED!!!

03-07-2003, 11:53 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

You should be honored comming from a fellow artist I like your work. Just transfer that to plan white paper and your on your way to a promiseing future. Today I will be posting another piece of my work in my topic on "The Art of Conquest of The Lost Continent." It is a character from my story and I have to say he is really BIG! Not to mention evil.

So as soon as I get home from school I am going to be finnishing up on this character and then I will be posting him eather today or tomarow. I just rembered that my digital camera's battery is low so I might have to recharge it and wait till tomarow to post. But you have some nice pictures there. Keep up the good work your very talented.

Your OWF professional Artist
Paramiteabe...

03-07-2003, 09:51 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy

Oh c'mon PA. "Professional artist" impresses only those who know little about art. True artistic talent can be seen in a person's art, not their marketing or credintials. I have actually gotten a real job teaching an art class for a local youth center (and I'm only fifteen myself) but I don't think that makes me more of an artist than anyone else.

I'd like to apoligize in advance since I know that wasn't what you meant. I've just been in a very "make my point" mood lately. Sorry.

I just realized PA stands for ParamiteAbe... and Professional Artist. Coincidence?
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

03-09-2003, 12:45 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Well I just wrote that as my signature I wasnt trying to act as if I was Mr. know it all of art. I was just appreciating his work in the name of all artists on the forums. To me he looks to be a good drawer such as other members on the forums. I am not trying to say who is the best. And quite frankly I take a lot of pride in art. I don't care if it looks real or not as long as it is art. Since thats what I do best anyway. But maybe calling myself professional is a bit much so I am sorry I said that. Maybe a more better suited word for me would be talented.

All I do know is that I want to be professional conceptual artist like the ones you see who work for OWI or ILM. and I am right now going to school for such a job. I have talent and I am persueing it. Infact I can be offered a paid Internship at Lucas Film as a storyboard artist. I would be getting paid 9.00 an hour for 40 hours a week for the summer. But thats if I get accepted. Your not guarenteed a job but it looks awesome on a resume. And if I don't get accepted I will keep trying until I do.

There is one thing I learned that a good artist must take constructive critisisem as something of a tool that he or she can use to improve his or her work. If they can't do that then they won't get to where they want to be in the art world. They will give up very easily. And I have to say that I don't give up very easily at all.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 03-09-2003 at 05:05 AM..