04-29-2001, 09:21 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)
Abe jumps a funny way

When Abe jumps into a well, he jumps with the feet first, but that would mean he jumps out with them first to, but he dont! Is Abe the new Rubber Man?

04-29-2001, 09:58 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

hey its oddworld.

04-29-2001, 10:11 PM
Yemmling
Stingbee

: edina, MN
: 82
Yemmling  (11)

maybe the inside of the wells are 'v' shaped. that would mean than he would reach the bottom from one canal of sorts and then kind of turn and bounce up an opposing canal, head first....the question is, wouldnt he hit his head on the ceiling of the canal when he was switching canals?

04-29-2001, 10:45 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Its a little something like this maybe

---\ \ / / Maybe?
----\ \ / /
-----\ \___/ /
------\ /
-------\___ /

04-30-2001, 02:12 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

I guess when Abe jumps into a well, he assumes a "ball" position, as when he is rolling. So, just before getting to the edge of the well, he stretch his legs and arms, facing the end of the well.

In the new MO movies, we can see Abe jumping into a kind of well, and we can see his limbs close to his body, like a ball, as if he is rolling.
04-30-2001, 03:15 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

I agree with the wholoe rolling thing. I guess the well has some air system that pushes/sucks air so that the procedure goes way faster! EG. leaves

04-30-2001, 07:22 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

The wells seem to act in the same way as they do in Oddysee and Exoddus to me... that is Abe jumps in feet first and then jumps out head first... like a trampoline effect.

I have to watch the movies again to be sure... as I'm at work at the moment and have them downloaded at home.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-30-2001, 09:11 AM
Grid
Stingbee

: Goulburn, NSW, Australia
: 86
Grid  (23)

The wells would have to go pretty far, maybe his turbulence carries him up, perhaps a sharp descent then a sharp ascent, but the turbulence carries him? Say you're going down a really steep slippery dip, it goes for a while, and your turbulence is building and it takes you up again. But this creates the question of how he can get up the slippery dip attached that is just as steep without stopping and climbing. So that can't be right. Has anyone asked Alf how wells work? Must be some sort of magic.
04-30-2001, 10:11 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Unh, okay, Grid just melted my brain.

Say again, Monsieur slig?

04-30-2001, 09:01 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

Hmmm.... Excuse me for a while, but the machine who keeps me alive is off, i have to put in the plug.. Ugh, uff, ouch... D'oh, i cant reach it!! Anyway.... What were we talking about? Oh, wells... I dont get it anyway, but who cares? Atleast he comes out. Or does he? He probably does. OK, everybody cares, and no he dont get out of the wells, thats an order, BWOAHAHAHHAAAA!!

04-30-2001, 09:27 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Oh sure. He just falls into a grinder and a stunt double is fired out the other end. That'd be weird.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

05-01-2001, 08:34 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)

Erm Grid. I´m not understanding a word of what you´re saying. Well I agree with the Rolling thing. I was always wondering why abe jumps in with the feet first but comes out with the head.