Zappfly

: Jul 2017
: Oddland
: 9
Fuzzle-Queen  (9)
Idea Oddtumblr community

Hi

I'm part of the oddtumblr

I won't mention names but some are very negative towards someone's work.

:
What's the point in it being Oddworld fanfiction if you're just going to throw out the established lore and make up everything?

:
Your art is definitely getting better, although the Canon Nazi in me REEEEEEs whenever I see a "queen" mudokon that's just a worker mud with tits. And that's directed at the whole of Oddtumblr, not just you.
:
Each of your new art is looking less and less about oddworld

:
Hate to say it, but I agree with this. It's cute, but I doubt that modern-style women's nightshirts even exist on Oddworld, let alone are accessible for tribal muds.
Do you have something against oddtumblr? Oddtumblr is open to all the members of oddworldforums.net

Fuzzle-Queen
07-17-2017, 06:41 PM
Gunnr
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2016
: In a desert, USA
: 608
Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)Gunnr  (419)

All fanarts from oddtumblr or elsewhere are welcome but everyone is entitled to their opinions on them.The quotes above look mostly to express a prefrences for more "cannonically accurate design" (in them a couple were positive compliments to the art)some opinions may seem harsher than others but positive or negative comments, we all get them. No need to take them too seriously and I hope they dont feel discouraged from posting or changing anything.

Though tbh these comments don't really seem that bad at all to me. None of these were insulting or anything imo

That said if a comment is deemed terribly offensive or inappropriate it will be deleted by a mod. Which was done concerning that thread.

Last edited by Gunnr; 07-17-2017 at 09:09 PM..
07-18-2017, 01:27 AM
Fuzzle-Queen
Zappfly

Fuzzle-Queen  (9)

:
All fanarts from oddtumblr or elsewhere are welcome but everyone is entitled to their opinions on them.
of course

:
The quotes above look mostly to express a prefrences for more "cannonically accurate design"
why idolizing the canon though? We are fan artists.

:
some opinions may seem harsher than others but positive or negative comments, we all get them. No need to take them too seriously and I hope they dont feel discouraged from posting or changing anything.

Though tbh these comments don't really seem that bad at all to me. None of these were insulting or anything imo!
some posts are harsh tbh and people are hurt. Are you an artist?

:
That said if a comment is deemed terribly offensive or inappropriate it will be deleted by a mod. Which was done concerning that thread.
We all know that Oddworldforums.net isn't known for being a friendly place. It has a bad rep.

Fuzzle-Queen
07-18-2017, 01:30 AM
Nemin
Thudslug

: Apr 2011
: Hungary
: 171
Nemin  (219)Nemin  (219)Nemin  (219)

I don't comment often, but this post can not be ignored. As Gunnr has already perfectly said, this is just constructive criticism. They were respectful / without swears / not about the artist, but about the art. The person who asked raised some pretty important questions, which could have been answered in a civilized manner and everyone would be happy.

I wonder how will you react, when a true hater shows up... Someone who has 0% interest in the actual thing, unlike the guy you're bringing up here.

https://oddwords.hu - My essays and other Oddworld-related content.

07-18-2017, 01:39 AM
Fuzzle-Queen
Zappfly

Fuzzle-Queen  (9)

:
I don't comment often, but this post can not be ignored. As Gunnr has already perfectly said, this is just constructive criticism. They were respectful / without swears / not about the artist, but about the art. The person who asked raised some pretty important questions, which could have been answered in a civilized manner and everyone would be happy.

I wonder how will you react, when a true hater shows up... Someone who has 0% interest in the actual thing, unlike the guy you're bringing up here.
:
eli is a pussy ass bitch
'were respectful / without swears'. He's insulting imo.

Fuzzle-Queen

Last edited by Fuzzle-Queen; 07-18-2017 at 01:46 AM.. : sorry
07-18-2017, 01:45 AM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

: Jun 2009
: Beartopia
: 7,301
Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)

Well, that Nepsotic's quote hasn't been mentioned before

Last edited by Varrok; 07-18-2017 at 01:47 AM..
07-18-2017, 02:05 AM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

: Aug 2011
: 5,425
Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)

Look, the truth is, me and Eli have a long and dark history. We don't get on, and whenever I see his face I feel this uncontrollable rage. I want to apologise to everyone who got caught up in the flames, but it won't happen again.
That being said, if I see him again I will smash his face into the curb after what he's done to me. I guess I'll have to see where Yokai's loyalty truly lies.

07-18-2017, 02:27 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2007
: England
: 507
Vanilla ✜  (153)Vanilla ✜  (153)

No matter where you post art on the internet there will always be criticism and there will always be those over angry people who like swearing too much and are honest/cynical about everything, Oddworld is no exception.
If you can't handle these things, don't post art on the internet. You're lucky that you've not been told to kys over your art work yet.

There's also an OWF Discord,
join here.

Last edited by Vanilla ✜; 07-18-2017 at 02:30 AM..
07-18-2017, 02:41 AM
Nemin
Thudslug

:
eli is a pussy ass bitch
Oh, kid me not. You took this out of context, it was just a joke.

If you post your content anywhere, you're giving away your right to be not criticized. When someone asks a factually right question, like "why are Mudokon queens similar to Mudokon workers", you have to answer it or else people will have no clue how your fanmade-canon works.

No offense, but you sound like someone, who came here just to have a moral victory over us and when you got told about your wrong insight on the situation, you got offended and tried to logical-fallacy your way out of the awkwardness.

07-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Chey
Zappfly

: oddtumblr
: 3
Chey  (10)

hi Fuzzle-Queen!

:
You're lucky that you've not been told to kys over your art work yet.
Harsh... AlexFili a respected member on OWF/deviantart said that newbies aren't welcomed.

http://www.oddworldforums.net/blog.php?b=1914
07-18-2017, 02:53 AM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)

Oh yeah, he did say that.

8 years ago.
07-18-2017, 02:58 AM
Fuzzle-Queen
Zappfly

Fuzzle-Queen  (9)

:
When someone asks a factually right question, like "why are Mudokon queens similar to Mudokon workers", you have to answer it or else people will have no clue how your fanmade-canon works.
'Wrath of the wild' is great although 'Sektoraider' isn't canon so who cares about Mudokon queens similar to Mudokon workers?

:
No offense, but you sound like someone, who came here just to have a moral victory over us and when you got told about your wrong insight on the situation, you got offended and tried to logical-fallacy your way out of the awkwardness.
what about oddworldforums.net rep?
07-18-2017, 03:00 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

:
Harsh... AlexFili a respected member on OWF/deviantart said that newbies aren't welcomed.

http://www.oddworldforums.net/blog.php?b=1914
We are welcoming to newbies, we're just brutally honest when someone does something stupid, which most people can't deal with, if this "ruins our rep" so be it.
On a technicality I'm new, I was here around 10 years ago and left for years and every time I came back I've never felt unwelcomed.

join here.

Last edited by Vanilla ✜; 07-18-2017 at 03:06 AM..
07-18-2017, 03:10 AM
Nemin
Thudslug

:
'Wrath of the wild' is great although 'Sektoraider' isn't canon so who cares about Mudokon queens similar to Mudokon workers?
Because that actually has a proper story, with you know, explanations. With fanart you have zero handles to make yourself acquainted to the fan lore.
But I'm sure FennecFrye wouldn't be happy to see that her comic is used as a weapon, so if you want to argue, use different tools please.

:
what about oddworldforums.net rep?
We are harsh but welcoming. When I first came here, I was a bumbling idiot. So I was kinda sent away. Now years later, I'm thankful for that, because when I came back, I met some of the nicest/most interesting people here.

07-18-2017, 03:13 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

:
We are harsh but welcoming. When I first came here, I was a bumbling idiot. So I was kinda sent away. Now years later, I'm thankful for that, because when I came back, I met some of the nicest/most interesting people here.
I can confirm this was true for myself.

join here.

07-18-2017, 03:14 AM
Fuzzle-Queen
Zappfly

Fuzzle-Queen  (9)

:
Because that actually has a proper story, with you know, explanations. With fanart you have zero handles to make yourself acquainted to the fan lore.
But I'm sure FennecFrye wouldn't be happy to see that her comic is used as a weapon, so if you want to argue, use different tools please.
You have no argument

:
So far Gunnr is the only person who has been respectful.

Fuzzle-Queen
07-18-2017, 03:16 AM
Chey
Zappfly

Chey  (10)

:
Oh yeah, he did say that.

8 years ago.
Nate the admin said last week that OWF is the worst
07-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

I admire your knowledge of the forums you've just joined
07-18-2017, 03:20 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

:
So far Gunnr is the only person who has been respectful.
See, there's your problem, pretty much everyone has been respectful (you'll see if Sep or Nep ever show up) but because it's not what you want to hear you see it as disrespectful. If we're where being disrespectful we would have collectively said gtfo, instead we're trying to explain why people have the perception they do of us and why you have gotten the criticism you have.
Oh but there I go being disrespectful again huh.

"Nate the admin said last week that OWF is the worst"
You are aware this is a joke right?

join here.

Last edited by Vanilla ✜; 07-18-2017 at 03:25 AM..
07-18-2017, 03:29 AM
Fuzzle-Queen
Zappfly

Fuzzle-Queen  (9)

:
See, there's your problem, pretty much everyone has been respectful (you'll see if Sep or Nep ever show up) but because it's not what you want to hear you see it as disrespectful. If we're where being disrespectful we would have collectively said gtfo, instead we're trying to explain why people have the perception they do of us and why you have gotten the criticism you have.
Oh but there I go being disrespectful again huh.
Gunnr is respectful you should follow her lead.

Fuzzle-Queen
07-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

:
Gunnr is respectful you should follow her lead.

Fuzzle-Queen
If you don't see any responses you've received as respectful, that's your problem cause they have been almost nothing but.

join here.

07-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

I actually agree with Vanilla. You should listen to him.
07-18-2017, 03:34 AM
Chey
Zappfly

Chey  (10)

:
"Nate the admin said last week that OWF is the worst"
You are aware this is a joke right?
no it seems to be an accurate description
07-18-2017, 03:36 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

:
no it seems to be an accurate description
ehhhhh, you're half right

join here.

07-18-2017, 04:19 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

How are Nemin, VanillaChocola or even Varrok being disrespectful here?
All I see is them trying to be helpful and explain why some members behaved the way they did.

As far as I'm concerned all fans of Oddworld are welcome on the Oddworld Forums, regardless on how they enjoy the games and the lore.
We even have a dedicated Oddworld RPG sub-forum for people that want to tell/act their own stories together.

07-18-2017, 04:23 AM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)

:
Except Fennec actually establishes the lore for these characters and develops them with personalities, the whole point is that she's adding to the lore, not pretending it doesnt exist and coming up with her own. Fennec was actually the nicest person in that thread whilst still giving criticism, if you've got a problem with something so small as that then I have no idea why you're here except to make out like you're a victim and get some free art praise.

Sorry, I forgot I'm not being very respectful right now.
Why would we behave respectfully when respect is something you have to earn? I'm pretty sure we just did this with the crybaby speedrunners like three days ago, can we move on? It seems to be a growing trend that whiners join the forum to bitch and moan at us and then leave. Fuck off if you're not going to stay, it's not that difficult.

If people trash your art here then post it somewhere else, if people trash your friend's art here then tell her to post it somewhere else or let her deal with it like a mature human being.

Edit:
:
As far as I'm concerned all fans of Oddworld are welcome on the Oddworld Forums, regardless on how they enjoy the games and the lore.
Exactly, instead of breaking down when something about your art is questioned, why not just answer it? Isn't this the normal reaction for other people, especially when it's something you're passionate about? Isn't it good to get a discussion or a debate going?

Don't answer, I already know. If the replies aren't total art ballwashing then you don't want to hear it.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 07-18-2017 at 04:26 AM..
07-18-2017, 04:44 AM
Phoetux
Riot Slug

: Aug 2016
: Joe's Pizza
: 559
Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)

Perhaps I should post the preface from Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Grey:

:
The artist is the creator of beautiful things. To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's aim.

The critic is he who can translate into another manner or a new material his impression of beautiful things. The highest as the lowest form of criticism is a mode of autobiography.

Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault.
Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope.
They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only beauty.

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all.

The nineteenth century dislike of realism is the rage of Caliban seeing his own face in a glass.
The nineteenth century dislike of romanticism is the rage of Caliban not seeing his own face in a glass.

The moral life of man forms part of the subject-matter of the artist, but the morality of art consists in the perfect use of an imperfect medium. No artist desires to prove anything. Even things that are true can be proved.

No artist has ethical sympathies. An ethical sympathy in an artist is an unpardonable mannerism of style. No artist is ever morbid. The artist can express everything.

Thought and language are to the artist instruments of an art. Vice and virtue are to the artist materials for an art.

From the point of view of form, the type of all the arts is the art of the musician. From the point of view of feeling, the actor's craft is the type.

All art is at once surface and symbol. Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. Those who read the symbol do so at their peril. It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors.

Diversity of opinion about a work of art shows that the work is new, complex, and vital. When critics disagree, the artist is in accord with himself.

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely.
You, people of oddtumblr, instead of accepting the critics and understanding the jokes, you go here and make a thread that goes to a wrong direction because of your pigheadedness.
You shouldn't be offended from those who joke that, obviously, are not making any critic.

Those instead who tried to say their opinion about the art are those who tried to point out important particulars and details. Some might not agree because of the art itself describing a certain meaning they might not like, and some might not agree because of some imperfections present in the art.

I'm an artist, just like you, and the first to criticize my art is myself. And when others, artists or not, judge my work I NEVER get triggered or similiar, that's a mistake no one should make. Instead, I try to understand the point of view of the spectators because they are those who feel most the artwork's meaning, no matter the quality of the critique, no matter what. While not listening to these points of view is indeed a great fault!
Despite everything, art will always have different meanings, no matter how.

:
All art is quite useless.

Last edited by Phoetux; 07-18-2017 at 05:06 AM.. : Grammar
07-18-2017, 05:00 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

That is super nice and deep but I think your words are lost as the trouble makers seem to have given up and high tailed out.

join here.

07-18-2017, 05:08 AM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

I actually thought it was a troll but they have a legit Tumblr account.

07-18-2017, 05:09 AM
Phoetux
Riot Slug

: Aug 2016
: Joe's Pizza
: 559
Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)

:
That is super nice and deep but I think your words are lost as the trouble makers seem to have given up and high tailed out.
I just hope they come back here to only read it and at least reflect on their faults too. It's not important if they respond back or not.