09-06-2001, 11:54 PM
ArtemisP
Bolamite

: Sep 2001
: In your Closet
: 56
ArtemisP  (10)
Introduction

Hiya everybody! I'm new here and I've been dying to roleplay! I'm will into to just roleplay with another person and drag this with them ^_^ I'm an oddworld fanatic n' my fav char is the Newscaster ^_^ I have a slig character if I can't use Newscaster tho I hope someone will reply so I could start up a roleplay ^_^ PLEASE

09-07-2001, 12:39 AM
ArtemisP
Bolamite

ArtemisP  (10)

Just incase you wanted to see my characters profile:

Name: Maverick A.K.A (self-proclaimed) Slig the Assassin

Race: Darccen Slig (A pure black slig)

Physical Description: As his species indicates, he his a deep black color. His eyes are an unusual shade a blue, unlike the normal slig's red eyes. His right claw is made of metal due to a brith defect of lacking the limb, he is also equipt with the first working combonation of pants and Sligs helicopter. He carries a rather low-level model of a gun, it still works, but requires less skill.

Abilities: His right, robotized, hand is extremly strong, strong enough to crush some materials of metal. His eye sight is actually better than most sligs, probably due to his many defects. Luckily for him, he is fully trained in flying and walking with his combo pants.

Personality: He acts rather young and is really entergetic. Even though he has outstanding eye-sight, he doesn't really notice many things. He is very gullible and will most likely believe anything anybody else says. His concentration is extremly low (Think of a Slig with ADD)

General: When he was born, he was immedatitly taken to the Glukkons for their decision on what to do with him. At first they didn't know what to think. They gave him a new hand to replace his missing one, hoping it would help him. When they found out that he wasn't training correctly, they gave him the combo-pants to test, knowing it had killed the other testers. To their surprise, it didn't explode, so they let Maverick keep it. They didn't trust him having the normal gun, plus he kept loosing his practice guns, so they gave him a low-leveled gun and attached it to his hand. Then they sent him on patrol. some Sligs felt bad for him and watched his back, knowing about his ADD, but some took advantage of his weakness and used him as a scape goat

09-07-2001, 01:02 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

ah...*licks her jaws* fresh meat.

hehe J/K, welcome to the forums and to the Oddworld RPG. I'm Dragadon...one of the two peeps on the forums that RP as a dragon alot (if not all) of the time.

Interesting character you got there, please copy the description into the 'Character Descriptions' topic so it doesnt get lost.

At the mo things are a bit slow...due to school starting again and all. If I count correctly there are 4 plots in the works. One is nearly finished (one of mine), one is kind of on hold (another one of mine), two in progress. I can't tell you which one you can jump in on...as I haven't a clue. Your best bet is to read all the posts and decide for yourself, but be sure to ask before jumping in first....

Oh and...becareful of Malice...he is one of the more sadistic characters of mine...

Malice: hmm fresh prey *grins and rubs his handfeet together*

No mutilating newbies Malice! *fries him with a lightning bolt*

Malice: ow...*collapses*

heh sorry...have fun!

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

09-07-2001, 08:35 PM
neemis
Stunk

: Scrabania
: 44
neemis  (10)

I shouldn't get lost, I've got it saved on my comp, but I'll also toss it in the Char descriptions ^_^ Would it be possible for me to make a new plot, so I get it more? Oh, and how many chars am I allowed to have, Maverick being my main one. I also have an NPC Sloggie for him
09-07-2001, 08:38 PM
ArtemisP
Bolamite

ArtemisP  (10)

Oops! that masterscrab post was mine. Ya see, Masterscrab is my bro so we use the same comp. When I got on, I forgot to log out....sorry!

09-07-2001, 09:56 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

We prefer only one main character, but you can have up to 3 if you like (I have 2 mains right now, Spider and Malice). I don't know if there is a limit on the number of supporting characters, there is a seperate topic for their descriptions, btw. I would sugguest keeping that number low...to prevent confusion.
There is also a topic for NPC descriptions.

While I'm at it I'll clarify some things for you (and save are friendly niehborhood Mod Rettick some work *grin*).

Support characters are primally controled by their creator and have the same protections as the main character. (in other words...no one can kill them without your permission.). Like the main character, support characters can only be controlled by other players in a minimal sense and you can complain to the player if you feel that character is being misused(in other words, having the character do something he/she normally would not do.), just keep the complaint clean and unoffencive.

NPCs are characters the anyone can control, though if a particular player uses one long enough, he/she can add that character as one of him/her's supporting characters.

Thats 'bout it. Oh and you can start up your own plot if you like, just becareful it doesn't interfear with someone elses.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

09-08-2001, 10:09 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

couldn't have put it better myself, drag! i can see i've chosen well by appointing you my right-hand dragon...

the only thing i can really add to what she said is that SCs tend to have a connection [usually quite a strong connection] with a person's main character, such as Best Friend, Mentor, Arch Enemy, Pet, etc, whereas NPCs have no particular connections to any characters, and tend to be normal townsfolk of Pyke [our village].

so, basically, newsie, that sloggie would be an SC rather than an NPC, okay?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

09-08-2001, 02:29 PM
ArtemisP
Bolamite

ArtemisP  (10)

Oh, alright, thanks for the help you two. I was only planning on making Maverick and Bat, the Sloggie, anyway