08-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)
Meepiluch

Well, Splat talked to me about this to me, and he decided that it was time that I should have a RPG license of my own. And I decided to put it to work. Anyway, remember, this is for fun. Well, here is my RPG.

Rules:

The way a profile should be set up is like this;

Name
: (The thing in which the character is referred to)

Speices
: (Clakker, Steef, Wolvark, basicily any kind of animal known on
Oddworld, as long it's fit in the story)

Sex
: (Male, Female, or none at all)

Personality
: (Here we describe how the animal reacts or behavior is)

(How old the person is, in Oddworld years, or Earth years)

Appearance
: (What the animal looks like)

Equipment
: (What your guy possesses, like a gun)

Bio/Backstory: (Give a little describation on what the past of your character was like)

No power playing. Like, don't try to take over the story, like making the village suddenly explode.

No god modding. That means, don't use other peoples' characters without any permission. A better explamation can be explained in the RPG rules.

No stupid posts or ones that do not make any sense.
An example would be:

Wolvark A comes into a bar and suddenly the bar tender throws a missle launcher at the poor guy. The guy blows up, and so does Mudos.

Avoid one liners. It is better to have one that is long, than rather a dozen of short posts. One does not want to read a whole page of something they missed out on.

When you want to speak out of your character posting, say it like this; OCC: Hm, your post isn't clear.

Grammar and spelling makes a lot more sense to readers. If your not sure about a word, that's what the book called the dictionary is for.

No random characters when you get around the areas of villagers, or random tribes. However, when there is wildlife, you can post random characters.

For now, you can only have about five characters. But I would suggest starting out with one or two, to get feel on what RPGing is like here.

After joining, try to make reasonble posts. Say how your guy got in there, (if s/he did) and don't try to act as if they knew the characters name, unless they were together at one point.

: Orginal characters please. No characters like Abe or Munch.

: Don't play as another person's character from a seperate RPG

: We can start after three other people join. Enjoy!"TYPE=PICT;ALT=0"

Here is the backstory.

Backstory:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Meepiluch. An old abandoned herding village for Grubbs. It was around the western Mudos area, where there was barely any disturbance of Industerial civilization. Being around many fresh water lakes, forests, fertile land, and hills, it made a perfect spot for herding Meeps and shelter for Grubbs.

It was highly populated in the ancient days with Grubbs and Steef at one point, but they were all driven out by a large congregation of Outlaws. The Outlaws planned to make this their new home for them. They wanted the Grubbs away, so they could peacefully make lumber plant on one of the hills. And so they did build a lumber plant, and shredded the beautiful trees around them into logs and wood chips. The beasts sold it to Glukkons in Spliterz factories, so the Outlaws could make fortune and make a whole city out of the land they had, with them as governors.

But their fun didn't last long. The region around the was unexplainably attacked by floods, storms, and hail. The new inhabitants’’ population was decreasing dramatically. The Outlaws fled before they all died.

Over the course of years, the grassy Meepiluch was a little less green. There was a lot of dirt and not so much grass patches. The trees were now stumps and surrounded with wet wood chips. The lakes were just the same, but a little more marshy. Instead tall, proud trees, there were shrubs and bushes. Yet, the Grubb village is only in ruins, and the stables for the Meeps are still intact.

The only things that were living were Meeps, few Elum, and rare Meetles. Yet, there have been some rumors of possible existence of Grubbs and Steef. Even Outlaws are rumored to still be in the lumber plant.

However the course of time, three creatures, two Wolvarks and Clakker, come back to this deserted land. In order to make a new home for the creatures that want to live in the country, they try to put their moolah together to buy the supplies for a town. After five long, tiring years, the threesome finally made a new town . With them the mayors of the town.

They decided to also post fliers all over the nearby inns, hotels, and any other hospitality shelters. The fliers said that this town would not cost them a dime, so the town would be more welcoming. However, they did not include about Meepiluch’’s past, being that they thought that would scare away customers. And now, they just wait for people to come by.

What kind of character can I be?

You can be any character or animal on Oddworld, as long as it fits in with the story. You can be a Clakker, just trying to find a home, a Steef among the other side of the hills, or even a Glukkon, trying to make a new factory around the place.

What is the geography of this place?

The geography of this place is simple. The front has the welcome sign and desk, with a small gate. Next up, is about 20 houses, for the settlers to live in. But there is some empty space around here, for anybody to make their own buildings that they want. Although, there is some space for farming, that someone could start a little farming business. And finally, there is the town hall. Pretty big place, but entirely made of wood, not any fancy technology.

Now that is just the town. To the east, there is an area where there is some fertile land, for farming. But all of this is full of wildlife, like Elum and Meep. There are even a few lakes and some rivers along there too. There is also some of the ruins of the Grubbs' settlement left, that have been to the north of the town. Furthur north, is the hill where the Spliterz factory once layed. But who knows what is beyond the hill and the factory. No one checked.

Can you sum the backstory up?

Basicly, there is this piece of land, in this area of western Mudos, called Meepiluch, named for the amazing amount of Meeps. There is this new town, with this abandoned factory, and ruins of native settlement, all in this area. And you can be anyone living in Meepiluch.
I'm new in RPGing. Is there anything else I need to know?
All you need to know about RPG, can be found here.

Splat's advice:
http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=14026

T-Nex's rules:
http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=11928

Well, what are you waiting for? Join, please!

No mean to be rude, but I will be posting my profiles later.

08-03-2006, 01:25 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: May 2006
: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

Hmmm... i might just join. But first, i'll needa think up a profile and species...

08-03-2006, 08:23 AM
6-finger-fred
Fuzzle

: Jul 2006
: US
: 107
6-finger-fred  (10)

I'm gonna join too but I won't be able to be on often..

Name:Looliy
Speices:Clakker
Sex:male
Personality:Clumsy, annoying, and reclusive
Appearance:Tall and lean, wears a wife beater and jeans.
Equipment:Rifle, backpack (filled with survival equipment)
Bio/Backstory:Looliy Grew up in Meepulich, but when it burnt down he left to the city. He hated it there, but when it was rebuilt he ruched back the live his life the way he wants to.
08-03-2006, 04:58 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Apr 2006
: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

Want me to join? I'm thinking of being a sort of illusionary spirit in the town. Illusionary aspect still to be decided (Yes, I did just read "The Many Colored Land")

08-07-2006, 05:04 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

OOC: Hm. This sounds interesting, and I'm finally one of the first to find an RPG, I never want to butt in after the story has already developed...

This is my first time roleplaying, so cut me some slack.

Name: Gordrich [GOHRD-rick]

Speices: Glukkon

Sex: Male

Personality: Irritable, rash, loves ordering around, not particularly intelligent, but ambitious. Loves nothing but money, power, and luxury. Impossible to persuade, but easy to bribe. Stubborn, wants instant profit.

Age: 45 in Oddworld years, out of 65 as the average Glukkon life span

Appearance: 6' 10", wears a dark green coat and smokes enormous cigars of an unknown make. Also wears a small pince-nez. Goes into hacking spells approximately every 10 minutes, due to chronic smoking.

Equipment: A relatively dim brain and a servant Slig at his side are his only weapons.

Occupation: Future C.E.O of HemaWorld, a to-be mining company to be built on Meepiluch. Everything will have to be cleared off the area to begin business, because those machines are huge.

Bio/Backstory: Gordrich spent his life in idleness, wallowing in an inherited fortune, until a sudden impulse bade him to invest in the business of the SoulStorm Brewery. Naturally, when the brewery explodes, he lost half his money and was about to go hungry for several months until his scouts delivered a sample of the rock under Meepiluch. Realizing the business opportunity to be had by building a mining company on the village, his plan is to have the village burnt to the ground.

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 08-11-2006 at 01:57 PM..
08-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

Yay! Slaveless has one! I hope this bio will be all right...

Name: Cliff
Species: Paramite
Personality: Hopeful at times, but generally cynical. Ready to help others he likes. Ready to make matters worse for those he doesn't like.
Age: 7 (Uh...didn't know there was a difference between Earth and Oddworld years...Oddworld years then)
Appearence:Relatively large Paramite, with odd looking throat.
Equipment: A tight backpack on top of his back used to store various things eg. money etc., has a simple clip underneath which he can undo with his...talons? Head finger things then. You should know what I mean. Also, an ability to speak English, but an inability to speak Paramite very well.
Occupation: Future store owner in a prosperous village, and a gpood friend to those around him.
Bio/backstory: As a young Paramite, was caught by a lone Vykker while he had wandered off from his family. Had then, while out cold to stop wriggling, had his larynx/voicebox (whatever) replaced with a Mudokon's one (the Mudokon in question, well, had ended up being shot, and many of them are given to the Vykkers to use the parts), and he slowly learnt to speak the language from the Vykkers (the Vykkers 'pet project'). Eventually, the Vykker was to start something new, and went out with his now loyal Paramite to the exterminating room. But the Paramite could now also read, unkown to the Vykker, and saw the door sign. He fled as the Vykker yelled in a rage and leapt out of a window.
He fell down through branches and landed on a thick Spoocepatch, so he was relatively uninjured. By this time he was 2.
He then wandered for somewhere to live. Numerous Paramite family's tried to ask him to join the pack or leave the territory, but they couldn't understand eachother, so he just wandered on.
Eventually, he found a Mudokon village, and he ended up confirming (after a neghty discussion/argument) that he was no Paramite god, but for some reason was able to speak their language. He wasn't anything special.
Eventually, he ended up with a little shop, selling Spooce he had been growing, with a special method he had learned that little else knew.
Unfortunately, it wasn't long before the village was attacked by Sligs. He was no match for the numerous Big Bro's and Flying Sligs, and had to flee.
Since, he had been wandering around, but generally attacked when he tried to enter towns. He tried to feed on what he could maybe steal from bins or find in the wild.
Recently, he read about this new village, before almost being shot by an angry Clakker. But he decided maybe if he got there early, perhaps he could reason with the current inhabitants, and get them to help him build a shop. Currently, he is watching form the outskirts.
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

Name: She has forgotten her own name, you can refer to her as the spirit
Species: Dead Grubb
Gender: You can refer to her as "She", although gender doesn't mean much to spirits
Personality: Ruthless, suspicios that someone will try to take over her town.
Backstory: () was born in Meepiluch, to a Grubb mother and father. She soon found some native Mudokons nearby, and learned magic from them. When the Outlaws invaded they killed her mother and father, and tortured her to death. She came back as a spirit and obliterated their town, and swore undying(lol) vengeance upon anyone who dared to defile Meepiluch again.
EDIT: We now have 4 people let's start!!

Last edited by magic9mushroom; 08-14-2006 at 08:36 PM..
08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

OOC: 5. Now me!

Name: Jackie
Species: Slig
Personality: Country Slig. Generally nice in all. Likes Scrab Cakes... Lots.
Backstory: Moved to the outback since before he can remember, and has been living off the land since before he can remember to. He now owns a 3 bedroom house on Meepiluch and plans to sleep there... Lots.

IC:

OOC: Well, do we start now?

08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

Slaveless is away E'l Scrabino, he said so in TAS

08-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Err, we could start now. I just need to start the beginning post. Oh, and I was going to edit the plot, from that a Clakker helped build the village, to a Vykker that helped build the town.

And I like the profiles so far. It's interesting to see two characters already trying to kill the people in Meepiluch. I just have one question. E'l Scrabino, will your character be doing anything, besides sleep?

Name: Jovi
Species: Vykker
Sex: Hermaphroditic (Quick, Max isn't looking, asexual!)
Personality: Not exactly nice, but not really as twisted as other Vykkers. Also, s/he is often willing to do work, but has little patience for things that take a long time to accomplish. Also, s/he would rather not to get into a sitution where it would have to deal with others, but if it involves bigger profits, sure thing, the bigger the fund, the better! In one's view, one also might suggest that it is greedy, but others just think of him/her as one that would want to do the best it could do. Plus, it is rather hard to make Jovi be bribed or persuaded, but it is possible.
Appearance: 8' 2'' Not too much different from the average Vykker, however, Jovi wears a tool belt, full of techcian tools. Yet, s/he also wears a dark green, stripped croptop. Jovi skin also has been exposed to too much sunlight, and has greenish yellow skin.
Equipment: Just a tool belt, which contains a hammer, cables, wrenches, screw drivers, transformers, and mineral grinder. However, Jovi has a hidden heat ray pistol, in a pouch around his/her's hip.
Bio: Jovi is the master mind behind the whole thing. Being highly educated, Jovi, was able to learn about Meepiluch, the deserted land. But being in a high amount of power wasn't the only pro of being far away from Vykkers.

Jovi has always never liked working with other Vykkers. Jovi has brillant ideas, but other Vykkers plagerize Jovi's ideas, before the even reach the public, and often Jovi ends up without any moolah for it's idea. Jovi wanted to be somewhere it didn't want to be near other Vykkers, that would steal it's ideas. Yet, Jovi needed an excuse for being away from Vykkers. Then the idea of being in control of a town came to mind, and afterwards, Jovi sent off to Meepiluch in it's helicopter. But it chose Meepiluch, not because of it's area, but being that Meepiluch had minerials, suitble to make the proper technology. Also, modifing the old Spliterz Labs into it's headquaters, seemed like a fine idea for Jovi to do.

Yet, enough about Jovi's plans for Meepiluch. Jovi was raised and born in a forest Vykker Labs, named Vykker Labs 341. There, Jovi learned from it's parent, about the minerial compounds and the use of technology. Many of Jovi's inventions were made there, such as Jovi's heat ray pistol. In fact, Jovi is an expert on creating weapons, and made much profit from them. Jovi had used this knowledge also to invent it's helicopter.

When Jovi was going to Meepiluch, Jovi knew that at one point, it needed help ruling the town, having the town survive, and building the town. So Jovi invited Luhead and Parit to help build the town and keep a steady occupation.

Now Jovi has opened the town and already has two villagers.

Name: Luhead
Species: Wolvark
Personality: Rather lazy, but very outgoing. You can see him talking baout the lastest TV show with a Slig, or flirting online with a female. But, you shouldn't wake him up during a nap, or he will be driven down the deep end. Yet, he can do huge amounts of labor without breaking a sweat, but would rather do it only if he needed to. Also, he is quite gullble.
Appearance: 7' 8'' Just basicly normal Wolvark skin, but his clothing is quite country like. Normally, he wears stripped red shirts, with a bullet proof vest underneth, along with blue jeans. And when on duty, he always has baseball cap on, and is never seen without some sort of tobacco in his mouth. And he never stands up straight, unless a girl is around.
Equipment: Basicly, he has a rifle, nothing too much.
Bio: Most of his childhood was spent at a Boot camp, where he learned about using a weapon, and girls. But in that camp, he kept the same gun, that had never let him down before. And even so, that camp gave him his name, Luhead, for he was often be daydreaming.

After graduating from his boot camp, he went off looking forward to meeting girls and getting his first job. He turned up in Vykker Labs 341, and there he met Jovi. He was just considered a guard there, noting more nothing less. Yet respect didn't come often, until he did something great. One evening, he was on a night shift, and he while on the night shift, he heard something lurking in the shadows. Luhead thought it was just a Rat, and shot it, just because he was bored. But he didn't now that the Rat, was actually an Outlaw, trying to commit homicide on the Vykkers inside the Lab. Jovi was the only one in the Lab, and was grateful that Luhead had been bored. He got an promotion afterwards, to Jovi's bodyguard.

Luhead spent the rest of his life in Vykker Labs 341 happily as a bodyguard, but when he heard of Jovi's plan, he became concern of being demoted back to a mesily guard again. But Jovi decided that it may need help, so Jovi decided to bring Luhead along to Meepiluch.

Now, Luhead spends his time on the mechincal watch tower that he and Jovi made, watching for people coming about, and to see if the village is in any danger.

Name: Parit
Species: Wolvark
Personality: He is a quiet man, not willing to talk, unless he needs to. But he is not shy, but is not the kind that is outgoing. Social status means nothing to him, but leading a long, healthy life does. Parit is also serious, and rarely laughs. He sees his job as what a Glukkon might see in Moolah, and does large amounts of work in one day. In fact, his hobby is also his job. Also, he is not tolerable to anyone that's occupation is to hunt, or their hobby is to be lazy. So he is a man with many princibles.
Appearance: 7' 10'' This Wolvark has light brown skin, due to being in the sun too much. He really is a bit muscular, by lacking his Wolvark belly. But yet, his clothing varies in what he is doing. If he is out in the fields, he is wearing a worn out green t-shirt, with brown shorts. He often wears a straw hat when in this outfit, along with a branch from a tree. However, when in a business meeting or conference, he wears a nice white button down shirt, with a black shirt that is also button down. His pants often match with his black shirt, but sometimes, he likes to be a little different than usual.
Equipment: When Parit is herding, he carries two pails and unique walking stick. In other times, he carries a pen with a piece of paper.
Occupation: Parit was raised on a Meep ranch, where they made their moolah, clothing, and their food. Being that a winter season was rare where he was, Parit was required to avoid school every other week. However, he remained educated through his grandfather, who was a scholar in all subjects.

As he grew up, Parit found that his father's job was something of his interest, and continued to farm and herd every day. He also found no real interest for love, but he has considered growing up with children and a wife. Yet, he found that he was constantly busy, and avoided engaged with females. His life wasn't really hard, but dealing with the Glukkons that wanted to steal his family's land and the poachers that killed their Meeps, became frustrating, resulting in his serious attidute and his non-tolerance rule.

Once he reached man hood, Parit left his family's land to find other land. Yet, being short of moolah and unable to find proper land, found it hard to live. Towns nearby were possible for him to settle in, but Clakkerz living in there were always specist, and made his job difficult in remaining in business. Outlaws always found him a possible to rob, and has been theifed many times. As Parit went from town to town, he searched for his land that he needed to be in.

Luckily, after 6 years of searching, he found a tavern searching for a farmer, and took the offer of suppling them food. Once he got the job, he went straight to work, and was content. At last, he was home.

Yet, the tavern went out of business, and Parit went back traveling long distances. But this time, Jovi flew above him and picked him up as a hitchhiker. When Jovi and Luhead realized that he had farmer skills, they told them of their plans, and Parit was estasic enough to except their offer in helping them build the town.

He now spends his time farming and herding Meeps in Meepiluch.

OK, now for the first in character post.

IC: Luhead slutched in his chair on the watch tower, in utter boredom. It had been 3 days since the opening of Meepiluch, and he hadn't had too much sleep. Jovi hadn't told him to take a break, so Luhead had to sleep momentarily during the day in order to be awake at night. And all he did during the night was turn on the spotlight, and look for any inturders. Which there weren't. Luhead cursed of his boredom, and flung his hand onto his eyes, so the blaring sun wouldn't get into his eyes. And slowly, he closed his eyes, and fell asleep.
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

Jovi sat in it's chair, tapping it's desk, not in boredom, but thinking of what to do now. It had made the village open for settlement, Jovi also ordered everyone to do their job. So on the way, food was coming and so was security. But now, it figured the it should do something about it's job. Jovi could try to design blueprints for new technology to sell to Khanzumers, but it could also search what in what kinds of materials there are in the Spliterz factory. This was difficult to decide.

Jovi was in the city hall, planting it's butt in one of the offices the Jovi had made for itself. It was surrounded by pipes, with several elaborate blueprints of future technology being pinned to the walls. The door was voice activated, being that there was a Vykker voice key lock where the knob should be. Yet, Jovi's keys for the door's second lock layed on the desk in front of Jovi, where the sight of the keys were perfectly sightble. Jovi also had several recycle bins and trash cans planted beside Jovi's desk. But with all of this stuff, none of it was being used, for Jovi was thinking on other issues.

At last, Jovi thought of what to do. It figured that it needed some place to at least have research done, so Jovi decided to see what it can do to modify the factory. Jovi hastily made itself up from the chair, and used the metal floors to move itself to the door. Jovi grabbed it's keys before leaving, and opened the complex door with the keys. The door, slid noisingly to the left, revealing the rest of the town hall. Jovi made itself move out of the office, to lock the door again. After pressing only two buttons, a light on the top of the frame of the door, changed to red, to represent the locking and closing. The door moved itself back into place, and Jovi hastily tried to exit the town hall. Many things were to be done.

OOC: We can say that it is morning time, and that is why Jovi just started to do something, and why Parit isn't awake. Sorry if it doesn't make sense, I am tired.

Last edited by Slaveless; 09-05-2006 at 02:49 PM..
08-15-2006, 09:54 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

Character bio: Forgot, she manifests as a Grubb Empress clothed in astral fire(this is not GMing, she is just ostentatious). Also, she emerges only at intervals to check up on Meepiluch.

IC: The spirit emerged from her cavern and saw buildings. The evil ones had returned to defile her village again! She wafted around the town invisible for a while, then when she found the apparent leader(ooc:Jovi). She went into his office, then manifested in full glory in front of him.

"Leave my sacred village NOW, mortal defiler of the land," she screamed in his mind. She made lightning crackle in her hands for effect.

08-16-2006, 04:45 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Er, Magic, you may need to add a little section to your profile that says, powers. Because it can be no fun if there is someone who is all powerful. And will the spirit be able to shoot lightning?

IC: Due to that Vykkers were rather poor, when it came to eye sight, Jovi was unimpressed of the appearance of Grubb spirit. But it was furious. This spirit obviousily didn't think this through. Jovi shouted at the spirit, while twirling all of it's hands, "What makes you think I will leave, Slurg?! I have done nothing wrong to your land, except make it suitble for people without homes! So what I have learned from you, is that you want your nation back, even though your tribe is non-existant, and that even more villagers will die because of your selfishness! So, beat it, fish brain!!"

Jovi walked right past the spirit, and continued forward. This really was going to end badly. Jovi continued hastily walking through the dark, highly decorated hallways, trying to ignore the spirit. Yet, this was bad. This spirit may have been the source of the Outlaw descrution, and yet it could repeat what it did so very long ago. And there probably was no way to stop it.

08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

IC: Gordrich sat in his office, doing nothing in particular. He was thinking about his future company. The machinery was due to arrive next month, until then, he would have to pull together and smoke 5 less cigars per day. Gordrich was very displeased by this; yet, he supposed it was inevitable. The only relief in his days was yelling at his Slig, and he was terribly bored.
It was long past midnight, and already the first rays of the sun were starting to beam into the window. Ordering his Slig to draw the heavy curtains, he sighed and fell back into his chair.

There was a knock at the door. Without being prompted, the Slig hobbled over to open it. Gordrich heard indistinct mumbling, then the door closed.
"Telegram for you, sir."
"WEll, what are ya waitin' for? OPEN IT, ya idiot!"
The Slig ran through the letter with his eyes, then cleared his throat.
"Due to unexpected delays, the Drill 2000 (real original name, I know) delivery will be put off for a full three months after the original delivery date," he read.

"BLAST!" Gordrich jumped out of his seat. "IDIOTS!"
He sighed and sank back into his armchair.
"At least we can clear the area soon. Hassle, hassle. Stupid village."

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 09-02-2006 at 12:39 PM..
08-16-2006, 05:01 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

Powers: can make illusions, telepathically speak(can't speak normally), can very slightly alter reality(bring in storms over weeks etc.) and use glamour on weak minds(in other words, people who aren't an RPGer's character). Can also move objects, although it drains her. Can read minds.

IC: The spirit turned after the fleeing Jovi(she read his mind and learned his name). She knew that he was lying. The ones who came with machines of metal were the smae ones that had slaughtered her people! They must die! But she should at least try to convince them to leave peacefully.

EDIT: I think she is able to use lightning but short range-as she doesn't have other weapons is this alright. In short, she can coerce, create, farsense, and PK a little. She may or may not be able to redact. If she needs to, she might.

Last edited by magic9mushroom; 08-16-2006 at 10:56 PM..
08-17-2006, 05:53 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: I presume the spirits mind reading will be limited to more open thoughts, and not always to particularly dark secrets.
Yay! Slaveless is back!

IC: Cliff was still uncertain about where to start here. Maybe he should wait a little while longer. He saw a large house over somewhere in the village. Maybe such a large house would have plenty of cover near for him to hide and wait while studying the current occupants of this village...he had a good look around. The village was still in its early stages, so there was little poeple around. Hopefully noone would see him from widnows...the grouchy Slig he saw from the door didn't seem the type to be looking around more than necassary, so he ran over and found some large dustbins and rubbish bags. He dragged the bags around and hid under them, with some small gaps in various places so he had a good view of his surroundings. He crouched down and settled, very calm but alert for any noise of people...
09-02-2006, 05:14 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Sorry Magic9mushroom, but I consider that your character too powerful. I would like it if you lessen the powers of the spirit, by half. It just isn't fair that your character has the power influence what others can keep from you. And your whole, entering the mind, understanding the subconscious, seems like that you can also tell people what to do in their mind as well. And that's considered possession. So can edit your last post, including the powers section.

Also, I would like it if you give your character a weakness. I mean, the spirit is immortal, and no one can kill it. Or even touch it. Your character can mess with peoples' minds, and everyone else don't have a chance. And example in how you can resolve this is that you give a source of what makes them in spirit form. For the Weirdos, it's their bones. For the captured Mudokon spirits, it's a small diamond. And this is a problem because your character's powers is how I define power playing. That's all I ask of you.

And Zerox, Luhead, is a Slig. :P

Also, Magic, may I ask that your spirit doesn't try to make the people in the village leave? I would like the RPG to start, not to be elimated.

Last edited by Slaveless; 09-02-2006 at 02:07 PM..
09-02-2006, 07:17 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Yay! Back in business....So, Slaveless, I presume teh fact it's a Slig would mean it wouldn't have any dustbins, right?
09-02-2006, 07:55 AM
sligco
Thudslug

: Jul 2004
: slig baracks
: 191
sligco  (10)

Name: ZipZap

Speices: glukkon

Sex: male

Personality: not to bright,loves power.

Appearance: blackskin,black glockstar suit

Equipment: wallet,cigars

Bio/Backstory: ZipZap came to meepiluch to create a slig barracks for defenses to make some money

09-02-2006, 12:40 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Meepiluch is doomed....Someone think of a hero, fast.

-ILoveHammy

09-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: D'oh! I left out the part of that Luhead isn't a Slig! How could I forget that! But yeah, I hadn't defined what the watch tower looks like, so yeah, you can say there's dustbins. Or did you mean E'l Scrabino's Slig?

Skillya, yeah, I agree with you. The spirit doesn't seem to be a hero like Meepiluch, just a land hog. (no offense) But, I have learned that someone being made to be a hero, is probably not going to be one. RPG characters start off with their own set of plot, but then, they grow a life of it's own. Soon, the player cannot not control the character's future. They go with the flow, almost like a real life. So you never know what will happen. For example, in The Albino Scrab, I never intended for there even to be a Slurp 2. In fact, I planned him to be an annoyance for the Mudokons traveling to the Albino Scrab spirit. But actually, he went back to the colony and discovered the Slegs that were scared by Big Red. In the end, he was the one to join the native side. With the wild. So, yeah, my character completely changed sides, from eating the Mudokons, to protecting them.

And Skillya, you might want to lessen the day limit of when your character is going to come back. Two monthes is something I doubt that we could ever get to, or by version one.

So, that's it.

09-03-2006, 03:36 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Oh, I see now. I mixed up Skillya's post and thought that her character was a Slig. Right, okay, he's hiding among the dustbins piled next to Gordrich's house. K?

IC: Cliff, while waiting, got a bit hungry. He smelt something in one of the bins. he tried to get up to it...unfortunately, he knocked it over, with a KER-SMASH! Cliff dug under the heaps of rubbish bags and didn't move.
09-03-2006, 12:01 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

OOC: Who's hiding behind the dustbins?

I had to make it long because...well, someone still needs to assassinate Gordrich or I dunno, delay the delivery or something, because those months are gonna go by fast and boom, no more village...?

EDIT: Oh, sorry...I finally figured out that it was Cliff, correct me if I'm wrong.

IC: The crash brought Gordrich to his wits, waking him from dozing off in his armchair. He adjusted his pince-nez by tilting his head upward, quietly got up and walked over to the window, poking his head through the curtains.
Furrowing his brow, he leaned over the windowsill. Nothing seemed to be out of place, but the bins were suddenly a mess. He barked a "HEY!" to his sleeping Slig and ordered him to go search the grounds.

-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 09-03-2006 at 12:07 PM..
09-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: So I am to suppose that Gordrich is in Meepiluch? OK, that's no problem.

IC: Jovi had exited the city hall in a huff, but really, it was afraid. Jovi never intercountered a spirit before, and didn't know what to do. None of Jovi's ex-Vykker friends did either. It didn't now whether or not this Grubb spirit was inside it, knowing it's every memory. And then, bam! Jovi would end up like Dripik, Aslik, and Phleg, having their head on the restrooms! Jovi straightened it's shoulders, to make it look like Jovi was doing something important. But in reality, it's doomed fate was biting it's very conscious.

Jovi shirvered in it's frigthening fate, and closed it's eyes in fear and thought. It thought as quickly as possible, "Odd******, why am cursed like this?! I was just trying to make a living on my own, and this brat comes along, thinking like it made a deal with a Chronicler to make this land it's slave! Ok, don't panic, surely there's a way out! What did the Sligs do with those Mudokon spirits?! OK, they, er, trapped them using a gem that captured it's conscious, and allowed the body to use it's nature connection powers on others, and other objects easily connected to nature. But the spirits couldn't do that if it was trapped in a GhostLock! So all I need to do is find the material for the spirit's body source to be trapped in and I'm all set!"

Jovi's self was mroe relaxed and it relaxed it's shoulders deeply. Jovi realized that the ground was now quite uncomfortable, and made a rather whine related sound from his tounge. It never liked being in pain. But even so, he continued forward, and went to the side of the City hall.

The thing that Jovi didn't like about the houses was that they were so primative! as Jovi achingly, yet hastily, walked past the city hall, he noticed how embrassing they were! When Jovi first designed the houses, he refused to even consider using the minerials of Meepiluch for technology, for he wanted to make the Lab as well structured as possible, and used the basic resources to make the selters. At the design, Jovi and the gang formed a basic wooden inner layer, that supported the outside. When the buildings became more complex, they made a stable element, made out of a combination of dirt, mud, and clay. The element was easily made, and was simple to harden on the wood, and they even hardened on each other. The thing was perfect, but still, eletricity couldn't go through it. Not even energy. All of the technology had to be on the inside. And this was an embrassment for any Vykker with great minds. And that's what it did with the three days it had. Using the technology of the helicopter to make the city hall a better place. (Although, the guard tower and gate was made completely out of metal.)

But even so, Jovi was proud that it was appealing to the simple minds. The texture was smooth as clay, and the structure was really an AA+ (Oddworld, remember?). And every story had it's own porch. A pro to those who like the outside.

But that meant nothing to him. For now, he had to get to the hill, where he needed to go.

09-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: Cliff heard the yelling. He figured he had ten minutes or so to find a better hiding place before the Slig got out. But what hiding places? There weren't really any others. Other houses didn't have very large piles at all. Cliff then observed the houses closer...maybe he could spin a web? He shot a line up and it caught the eave of the roof. He pulled on it to check it's firmness, then attached it the ground, and climbed up. He looked around. He went back down and grabbed a bag with hopefully some good food in then pulled that up. He then saw a hole in the roof and went in.
Inside, it was quite dusky and dusty. Must be the attic. he must not make a noise here, otherwise he could be screwed before he had a chance. Glukkons aren't known for their understanding...he dragged the holey, dripping bag behind him. He found one of the larger boxes, and flipped it over. He then made a small hole in the top, and webbed the box down to the floor inside as an extra precaution to make it more comfy and sealed. He dumped the bag with a soft thud and started rummaging in it to see if he could find any real food while he was trying to stay hidden...
09-04-2006, 08:04 AM
sligco
Thudslug

: Jul 2004
: slig baracks
: 191
sligco  (10)

ZipZap walked into meepiluch casualy whith his slig assistantants and two big bro body guards at his side looking at the town "kinda small dont you think,boss"his assistant asked"that'll change soon enough"Zipzap said assuringly"are you sure?"one of the big bro's asked"No, but im pretty sure"ZipZap said and continued walking

09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

OOC
:
OOC: So I am to suppose that Gordrich is in Meepiluch? OK, that's no problem.
Wait what? I don't know where the hell Gordrich is, except that he's in his office...now that I think about it, I'd say about 100-150 miles from Meepiluch. That'll do nicely, I hope...

IC:
The Slig returned. Gordrich sat up quizically.
"Nuthin, sir."
Gordrich heaved a shuddering sigh. He could be paranoid at times and knew it; there were days where not an hour passed when a conspiracy of sorts was not planned against him, according to what he told, which wasn't much.
He snorted and, with a resignatory expression, turned to the window.
"Should I leave, sir?" The Slig queried.
Suddenly Gordrich had an idea.
"Huh...? GETABACK TODDA DAMN YERD, IDIOT!"
"Uh..."
"YA 'ERD ME!"
"Um...right, sir."
Gordrich adjusted himself in his seat and dozed off.

A few minutes later

There was a knock on the door.
"WHAT?" Gordrich yelled.
Translation - "Enter".
"Sir?"
Gordrich grunted. Translation - "Well, get on with it."
"Weekly report, sir."
"In the middle of the night?"
The Slig cleared his throat. "It's urgent, sir."
"WELL, READ IT THEN!!"
He cleared his throat again. "I've received a report from the remote guards on the border of Meepiluch. Word is that a Glukkon by the name of ZipZap entered Meepicluch late last night. We did some background checkin' on him, and seems that he's planning to build some sorta Slig Barracks there, and..."
Gordrich didn't let him finish. He jumped three feet up into the air, and bellowed,
"WHAT??? THAT SON OF A BITCH IS TRYING TO STEAL MY LAND, HUH? THE LAND IS MINE! YA HEAR ME? MINE! MINE! WHAT THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE'S DOING, EH?"
He shuddered.
"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? HUH??"

-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 09-04-2006 at 07:02 PM..
09-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Well, it seems like Zerox thought that Gordrich had lived in Meepiluch. So there might be a problem there.

And Sligco and Skillya, you may want to watch out how you use the Sligs. I said that there cannot be any random villagers, so, just watch out.

Another thing, Skillya, I would avoid doing time jumps, even after people haven't exactly agreed on it. Espically when things are happening. Maybe, we can do the jump a little after people settle into a phase where people are willing to do the change. Or will you change your post?

09-04-2006, 07:01 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Pheesh. It was three hours.

Anyhoo, I'll change it, I guess...

EDIT: There! Is that okay?

-ILoveHammy

09-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Fine then, Cliff's near Meepiluch. He deicded to hang out hear near one of the more prospering people to see how well they do here, and maybe learn a few tips of selling stuff.
What, the Slig didn't notice a giant web down the side of the building? is it blind?

IC: Cliff had got what he could from the bag. He nibble away some web, pushed the bag out and came out himself. Checking his rucksack was in order, he went over to the exit into the main house. He found a ring and pulled it up, and made a web so it was held with a little gap. He had a quick look. Ah. Good. There was a Gluk-phone underneath. Eavedropping on conversation could provide some tips, as the owner discusses business, profits etc. with whomever. From what he knew about Glukkons, they also tended to spy on others. More information on any inhabitants would be useful.
09-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

*coughs*