05-05-2001, 12:43 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: Apr 2001
: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)
Meetles? or just blimps?

I always thought that the blimps we have seen were meetles...I figured the big round shell they have kinda inflates with air or something, and their legs hang down to stere...but a few topics back we were talking about transportation, and someone said that they were just normal blimps.

Are they blimps, or are they meetles inflated like blimps!?

05-05-2001, 01:13 AM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

they are meetles. apparently muds inflate them and then hang baskets underneath for efficient air travel.

05-05-2001, 02:38 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

There is a big difference between the Meetles that we see in the early videos and blimps.

Blimps are an industrial vechile (see Oddworld.com ... listed as coming soon), where as Meetles are used for native Mudokon transport along with other things.

As the industrial species don't use any wildlife as transport (at least that we know of), I would say that they are built in the same way that trains and carts are built.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-05-2001, 03:00 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

I could be wrong, but Abe Babe don't the industrial species us Mugs for transport/fighting?
05-05-2001, 03:23 AM
Yemmling
Stingbee

: edina, MN
: 82
Yemmling  (11)

yeah, they list one thing as 'blimps' on the official site, but those are vykker blimps. the blimps in the video were inflated meetles.

05-05-2001, 10:38 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)

ok guys you confuse me. how came you gotta think the blimps are mettles. i thought blimps are just a vehicle like abebabe said

05-05-2001, 01:16 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

You dont understand what I am asking! Do you know the video where all of those blimps, hot air balloons, whatever they are...that fly over the towers, and that slig blows the horn?

You can tell their are baskets hanging down from them, and there is something green (mudokons)....Are they just regular hot air baloons, or blimps...or are they inflated meetles? I always thought that they were meetles in flight. I know about the regular huge vykkers blimp, I wasn't talking about that.

05-05-2001, 02:32 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

they are difenitly meetles elum thats why the movie is called HERE COME THE MEETLES. i love that movie the graphics and atmosphere rock.