04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Infection Form 143
Bolamite

: Mar 2007
: Californication
: 63
Infection Form 143  (10)
Zombi Seige

I am proud to present the first chapter of a series of short stories, entitled 'Zombi Siege'.

Yes, I do realize there is no E at the end of the word Zombi. That is intentional.

Special Thanks to Mitsur for the inspiration and support.

INFO:

Mortem is a war which took place b/t the living and the dead(it is still going on during this chapter)
Zeds is a codename given to zombies started by the U.S. government way back before the events of Mortem.
Hostilis Latin for "hostile", an international cult which tries to bring down the only remaining government(which is to be revealed in chapter 2)

Any questions regarding the series, characters, etc. please contact me at infectionform143@hotmail.com

And now, for our feature presentation:

Zombi Siege

Mor • tem (môrtəm) noun: The Latin suffix for “Death”; The ongoing war between the living and the dead, beginning in May 23, 2008 and lasting to present day.

After the beginning of Mortem, Las Vegas truly lived up to its street-name, The “Capital of Sin.” Somewhere along the western rim of Las Vegas, carved into a canyon wall just between Vegas and the city limits of Boulder, rested a large disease registry facility.

This facility was constructed to research and develop new ways to combat diseases such as cancer and Parkinson’s. The facility wasn’t necessarily a “plant” per se, but more of a vacant storage lot used to keep waste that no one wanted blame for having. The government would process the waste, and dump whatever was left into a basin.

But, as with all seemingly good ideas, there was a flaw. There was a leak in the basin, which emptied out into the Boulder reservoir.

Eventually, the reservoir was distributed through the aqueducts, tainting the state’s water supply. It wasn’t long until anarchy spread.

The entire state of Nevada was lost within a matter of days. It wasn’t long before the government sprang into action, and tried to stop the outbreak. All borders were sealed and patrolled regularly. Of course there were cover-ups, however they had no effect. Within a matter of months, the majority of the Pacific States were lost.

Cities turned against the government, prosecuting them for their actions. The country went awry in an uproar of hatred as the Presidential Cabinet was transported out of the country to safety, leaving us to die.

Not very long after that the “Neo-NSA” was completely destroyed from the inside out.

There were battalions worth of what the government was calling “Zeds” attacking countless cities and towns. It was as if they had planned the attack.

Within the course of the next few months, the entirety of the U.S.A. had been destroyed.

There was silence for years, until what remained of humanity decided to fight back… That was when Mortem began…

…Even now, Mortem continues. At this moment, millions of battles are being waged. People left in the confines of their hometowns to die, coming together to rise up and reclaim our world from the grasp of the Dead. Not knowing the condition of the world outside their city limits, with only one thing left to drive them: The will to be free.

Several settlements have been established to sanctify and confirm Humanity’s survival, and that the Undead shall no longer commit the genocide that had already been result of their hunger.

The world slowly reshapes itself, but growth does not come without a price.

Many lives have been lost; many good people who worked for an honest living, as well as many bad people who killed their fellow man for sport.

There are those who have learned from this experience, and have claimed they would never kill their fellow man again… But there are also those who see both the living and the dead to be equal threats.

The Hostilis is an international cult. It is their belief that humanity’s only means of reaching paradise is through the one thing they fear most besides judgment: complete extinction.

The dawn twilight shed gracefully upon the Capital of Sin as a motorcycle passed below a weathered sign. Its rider remained silent as he passed through what was once a desert valley. He glanced at the sign with little interest as his bike putted along the tattered highway. In bleak, dusty letters, he read the words “Las Vegas, next right.” It was covered in various forms of hateful graffiti, and had apparently managed, spectacularly, to remain standing.

The rider glanced passively over his shoulder at the sign, but continued his journey inconsequential.
What had once been the bustling freeway of the I-5 interstate was now reduced to rusted out cars, countless ancient pile-ups, and an almost dizzying array of endless rubble. The old cars had been reduced to withered frames, and primitive mechanics. These stood as a symbol to humanity as to how long it had been since the “End of Days.”

The biker sped by along the highway, trying not to reflect on his former life. For him, it brought back too much pain…

Even more pain than the Zeds in pursuit of him could ever cause.

Thank you for reading, have a good day.

Last edited by Infection Form 143; 04-14-2007 at 06:43 PM..
04-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Chubfish
Grubb Fisherman

: Apr 2007
: England
: 907
Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)

Hey, that was really cool. I read the whole thing and I liked the parts about how the disease broke out. I also like the names you give to the war and the dead, and i like that name "Hostilis". It is cool, cant wait for more.

04-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Infection Form 143
Bolamite

Infection Form 143  (10)

Hey, Thanks!

I spent about two weeks on this collaborating with Mitsur, so the part about the bike rider was his contribution. I just re-worded it a tad.

Great to see you like it! Chapter 2 should be finished in around a week or two.

So keep an eye out!

If there are any other questions or comments, please feel free to post your (constructive) criticism!

Last edited by Infection Form 143; 04-11-2007 at 12:15 PM..
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Infection Form 143
Bolamite

Infection Form 143  (10)

Sorry for the double post. Please ignore. Comments have been edited into original post.

Last edited by Infection Form 143; 04-12-2007 at 03:07 PM..
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Well written, good amount of detail.

This sounds like a lame excuse, but I'm a bit under the weather right now, and don't have time to post a few review for now.

Wrex.

04-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Infection Form 143
Bolamite

Infection Form 143  (10)

:
Well written, good amount of detail.

This sounds like a lame excuse, but I'm a bit under the weather right now, and don't have time to post a few review for now.
No prob, Mitsur! Just thanks for the good review. Get well so you can critique me completely!

(hey, that rhymes)

04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

Nice job! the chapter seems short, but then agian "short and sweet" can describe this. It seems really good! It could turn out to be a really good story!

How many more things are going to be "Mitsur inspired"? Heh... Mitsur, you're quite an inspiration though.

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Infection Form 143
Bolamite

Infection Form 143  (10)

:
How many more things are going to be "Mitsur inspired"? Heh... Mitsur, you're quite an inspiration though.
Me and Mitsur have been collaborating together on stories for around 4 years now. In fact, he's taking the liberty of writing a majority of chapter 2! Let's just hope he gets well soon so that he has the energy to post it.

***UPDATE***

Part 2 is currently underway and quite close to being finished.

A preview to what comes next:
Zombie Fights, A meeting of the Hostilis, revealing the last government, and the biker's and narrator's identity (no, they aren't the same person).

Thanks for Reading! Please share your thoughts so we can work to make the next chapter great!

Last edited by Infection Form 143; 04-14-2007 at 12:46 AM..