11-23-2001, 08:49 PM
FuzzyFuzzle
Spark Stunk

: Sep 2001
: 369
FuzzyFuzzle  (10)
Healing

[OOC: must...restart....RPG]

Mirv saw the large green creature (Spider, from what Olm had told him) enter Pyke. He saw the troop of sligs surround him. He saw the mangled body of a female slig clinging to Spider like a baby to its mother. He saw all of this, but did nothing.

"Hey Mud!" Mirv hear Spider yell, breaking his thoughts.

"Y-Y-Yes?" Mirv said, noticing the crossbreeds giant muscles and devastating claws.

"I need a favor from yer..."

Mirv hear what looked to be the slig captain mutter something obviously threatening, and Spider mutter something else equally threatening.

"What sort of favor?" Mirv asked, trying to keep on the creature's good side.

"I need yer ter take this slig I am holdin' ter Olm...she needs medical attention" Spider said, as Mirv noticed that the slig was in worse condition than he had first thought."I would take her ter him myself but...well...yer can see why."

"Yes I can do that." Olm replied, drawing himself up to his 'respectable' hight. "I am Olm's assistant." He put a lot of emphasise on 'assistant'.

"Perfect. What's your name?"

"Mirv"

""Alright Mirv. I owe yer one..." The giant crossbreed handed him the little slig as the sligs led him away.

Mirv examined the wounded slig. She was small for her size, and female, and those combined were bound to give her trouble. She had some strange, whitish-blue crystal on a necklace, which crackled with energy when Mirv went to touch it.

She definetly had seen better times. She had a great amount of cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Then Mirv noticed, with a lurch, that her little finger on one of her hands had been severed, and bleeding profusely. Mirv tried to call upon the training he had been receiving from Olm, but couldn't think of anything he could do for her. He didn't think any material in Pyke, save for some in Olm's lab, could be applied to her wounds without risking infection.

"What's your name?" Mirv said, angling the slig in his arms into an upright position.

"Aurora..." The slig said weakly, rasping out her words.

"Well Aurora, your beaten up pretty bad...don't worry...Olm can heal pretty much anything wrong with you."

"Not everything..." The slig rasped.

Olm will know what to do.Mirv thought, and started to run to Olm's hut.

Mirv whipped past the slig guards and knocked on the large metal door leading to the part of Olm's lab that very few people in Pyke knew off.

"Olm! It's me! I have a patient!" Mirv panted, out of breath.

Olm rushed to let Mirv in, and looked immediately at the young, mutilated slig.

Olm settled the slig down on an examining table and busyed himself with tending to her bleeding. Mirv watched on with fascination. He had never seen Olm work on anything this serious before.

"Will she be okay, Olm?" Mirv asked timidly.

"I don't know Mirv. Only time will tell..." Olm said with a sigh.

[OOC: Ack! Couldn't think of ending...oh well]
http://oddworldian.net/misc/banners/FuzzyFuzzle.gif

11-23-2001, 11:27 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

(OOC: *Bangs head furiously on wall* Dam it, I need to get back into this before I go psycho!

Hunter: Tooo late!! What about me? I'm sittin' 'round collectin' dust!

*Gnaws on forum border* Alright, we need to see how I can weave myself into this plot. I'll use any of my three: Hunter, Xian, or Aria. I guess Hunt would be the easiest to put in since he's so... old..

Hunter: HEY!

...So yeah, we need a brainstorming session. ERK!! *Runs out of plot before post gets cheesey*)

11-29-2001, 08:29 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

[ooc: I'll try get my bit finished tonight, just... BD? I hate me when I get like this, but... now I've seen who Aria is (I'm guessing that's who it is, anyway, as I looked on your PI site), can you hold fire with her? I mean, I was going to introduce Aalu (Aura's mother) into the RPG after the Malice plot is finished, and if you start using Aria we'll have two small blue female sligs in here, both with extremely similar names, and I know I'm not the only one who'll get confused...

I'm a little hurt, actually, I think, as you couldn't really have got much closer to my two (in appearance anyway) without actually calling the character "Aalu" or "Aura" (I know she's not blue, but she carries the blue gene)...

Bleh, feel free to trout me, I hate me when I get like this as well, I suppose it's genetic. ]

11-29-2001, 08:51 AM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

Black Dragon  (10)

(OOC: I'm sorry, Teal, I had no idea my name was so similar to yours until I actually thought about it. Aria's full name is Arianne, Aria for short. I picked Aria..

Darn, I'll explain later, out of time...)

11-29-2001, 09:12 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

[ooc: I didn't think you'd done it on purpose (I'd have been very surprised if you had done it (damn, forgot the word) maliciously (there, that'll do, that fits), actually) it was just the fact that the character was blue that irked me a little - after all, Aalu's colouring made her different, a wee bit special...

I don't know, maybe my brain is thinking "why couldn't she just have been normal-type female, why blue? Aalu is blue, Aalu is special, why couldn't Aria have been yellow or pale green or turquoise or something..." (imagine pitch getting higher and higher through that bit) It wasn't the name so much that vexed me, even though it sounds a little like Aura... Fneb, I think I just got up out of the wrong side of bed today. Maybe it's because I missed this morning's lecture, I'm just stuck in "annoyed" and want a rant.

You can see my point, though... Meh, sorry.

Aalu: *pokes head in, looks round, decides not to comment and vanishes off again*]

11-29-2001, 08:03 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

Black Dragon  (10)

(OOC: *Crawls in**Pants* Ok, I'm back...

I didn't really notice or think that Aura and Aria sounded that much alike... *Stops thinking straight again* Damnit! Anyhow, I just didn't think "Ah-ra" and "Ah-ree-ah" sounded that much alike.

I'll be honest, I didn't know Aalu was blue... I've really beeen out of it lately and that's one of the things that just didn't... occur to me... is that the word I'm lookin' for? *Doesn't know anymore* She started out as this random Slig-goddess-weird thinger I had just drawn randomly one night for the hell of it to see how truly pathetic my water coloring skills had gotten... I liked her color scheme quite a bit, and figured I really didn't have many blue characters.

Then I found out that Aura and Aalu were too much alike and now.... hell, I'll probably scratch Aria off of my list as I have too many Slig chars already...